TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that they are indeed on a mad race to find her, especially before the Easter holiday.

Now thats a very good question!

I think...and this is only my poor overworked memory for reference here, that TES was busy digging by hand through a landfill in a different state on a different case. And family has to call them in, and they just might think that with all the searchers there are too many cooks in the kitchen already, but that's MOO.

Maybe a different scenario: Man leads her into the woods... she's able to escape. Maybe she dropped her lunch bag while running from the perp. It could take someone days to make it out of those woods, right? Maybe she's hiding out waiting for the searchers...

Just throwing around some ideas.

Are there 'extracurricular' activities that go on are these hunting clubs? I remember in the Chelsea King case there was a cycling club doubling as an el swapo club the perps parents belonged to.

Mick i really wouldnt know i was just posting the little graves they sit in looking for geese and ducks lol

Can anyone tell me if it has been discussed that there is an above-ground pool in the Bobo backyard and if there is a cover on it and if anyone has lifted the cover to look inside? I know it would be extremely unlikely for a perp to bring her back to her own home and dispose of her there, but since she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, I sure hope that area has been looked at thoroughly. Every time I see the a map showing the home, that sort of sticks out at me. I apologize in advance if this has been discussed.

I can tell you that my DIL removed the cover on the pool as part of the investigation.....nothing was found

I know absolutely nothing about hunting so forgive me if this is a dumb Q.

It's been repeated constantly it's "turkey hunting" season right now in the woods near HB's home & I assume in most, if not all, of the wooded areas being searched..I would think most in this area who do hunt would be involved with the searches (at least informed they are taking place) but there's always folks that don't get involved in anything & will be hunting instead especially on a non-work day..So, my Q is isn't it somewhat 'dangerous' to just be walking around the woods while hunting is going on? I mean that as a general Q as well..TIA!

I know the infrared is only good if a body is still warm. (blood circulating) I also think it can penatrate the ground to a certain degree. Military can probably see further.

Road Block could have been from getting more information, watching who is nervous, smelling of any newly washed vehicle, and Tire tread.

Not to sound gross, but a decomposing body, even buried ones, gives off a lot of heat. I'm not sure what technology is used, but this is how clandestine graves are spotted from the air.

If there is a text, what time it was sent and what it says is obviously vital...and obviously LE knows if and what...

I wonder if pings continued after that time (assuming this is true); or if the battery was removed soon after? Maybe he took the phone from her and took battery out and pinging stopped. Or maybe it pinged for a day or two until battery ran down and they based early searches on that...

Oh to have ANY info to go on, in this case. Times, descriptions of what was really seen...:( I don't even have to have the 911 calls, just some very basic info would be great.

IF text was sent after she was taken, that is HUGE. If this is true, I wonder why she would text bf. I think I'd be texting my Dad to help me, or 911! Also if she texted bf to say "all is fine" that's odd too. If perp made her text and was unknown...how did he know she had a bf?

At this point, I'm trying to figure out in my own mind what the best case for Holly would have been. Obviously, running and trying to make it out seems like the better idea, but if this guy was the obsessive sort that felt they had a "relationship", then that illusion may have been keeping her safe, and if she ran and destroyed that illusion...Of course, if she misread him and thought he was that type, and in all reality he wasn't...then staying could have ended it for her. At this point, I can't see her still being alive unless she is in the hands of someone deep in a psychotic break or with a true sexual sadist. If she is still alive, I hope that she would be able to overcome her loving, caretaking nature enough to kill to save herself if she has the opportunity.

Both buzzards and ravens or just one?

Both but buzzards, or vultures as they are called, are the easiest to spot since they circle on the columns of rising air. They can be spotted from miles away. In fact there's a book titled, "Buzzards and Butterflies" which is about following these two species to find remains. Yes, some butterflies love carrion and other remains.

I think...and this is only my poor overworked memory for reference here, that TES was busy digging by hand through a landfill in a different state on a different case. And family has to call them in, and they just might think that with all the searchers there are too many cooks in the kitchen already, but that's MOO.

You're right, they have been doing that hand search. And true plenty of volunteers have showed to look for Holly.

Are there 'extracurricular' activities that go on are these hunting clubs? I remember in the Chelsea King case there was a cycling club doubling as an el swapo club the perps parents belonged to.

Mick i really wouldnt know i was just posting the little graves they sit in looking for geese and ducks lol

wouldnt it be easier or faster to use dogs in searching this sort of thing? a dog would be able to detect if a human was concealed faster that a person, yes? seems like having 1500 people trampling all over could destroy evidence,etc....

I think my local sheriff's dept. has a dog use moratorium going now because of problems and failures in the past so they are holding off on further use until they figure out the problems, advantages, disadvantages better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine