TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that if my child was missing, I don't care who or what was in my way, I would search on my own!

Both but buzzards, or vultures as they are called, are the easiest to spot since they circle on the columns of rising air. They can be spotted from miles away. In fact there's a book titled, "Buzzards and Butterflies" which is about following these two species to find remains. Yes, some butterflies love carrion and other remains.

Interesting, hadn't heard about the butterflies....thanks!!

I am always more comforted to hear of grid searches on foot, as opposed to ATV or horseback, because how is the human eye supposed to keep up with tiny things flashing by under the tires of an ATV and if they are on horseback, they have blind spots. I know that in areas like where they are searching now, fingertip to fingertip grid searches may not be possible, but there is a part of me that always wonders if there is now evidence that is gone forever, trampled completely into the mud.

'Holly Bobo Abduction Case' Wrought with Confusion, Contradictions and Evasiveness!

This is the headline from a site/blog that came up on google..It's not well known (& not one banned from here) but there's no real point to link it cos it basically just says what many here think & have been saying all along.

"I keep dropping the ball when I apply logic to this baffling kidnapping"

Another popular train of thought here.

One thing I've been wondering & haven't seen is did Clint run into the woods looking for his sis once he realized something was wrong?..The other is we keep hearing he became suspicious when he saw the 'blood' but nothing about her car still being in the driveway..It seems to me that would be the very 1st thing he'd notice..It's possible one or both did take place but we just haven't heard about it.

I know absolutely nothing about hunting so forgive me if this is a dumb Q.

It's been repeated constantly it's "turkey hunting" season right now in the woods near HB's home & I assume in most, if not all, of the wooded areas being searched..I would think most in this area who do hunt would be involved with the searches (at least informed they are taking place) but there's always folks that don't get involved in anything & will be hunting instead especially on a non-work day..So, my Q is isn't it somewhat 'dangerous' to just be walking around the woods while hunting is going on? I mean that as a general Q as well..TIA!

Yes and no, lol. Turkey hunting is one of the toughest hunts, it requires absolute quiet, more so than deer hunting. Plus the hunters spend time "calling" in the turkeys. All these searchers going through the woods will be making noise and wearing orange vests, pretty hard to call a turkey with that going on, lol. Plus it would take a real a$$ to choose turkey hunting over searching for Holly anyway. During deer season it's common for a human to be mistaken for a deer and accidentally shot, because some hunters just shoot when they see something big move, they don't wait to identify what it is, they just shoot (these are poor hunters who shouldn't be out there in the first place). Lots of room for error on a deer when you compare it in size to a turkey. With turkey hunting you have to actually SEE the turkey and it takes a good shot, little room for error.

I'd be more worried if it were deer season personally.

I think this person had "delusions" of Holly being his girlfriend or wife. JMO

Just stopping in and hoping for a miracle here. I have been of the mind set that she is still alive and haven't lost hope. I hope the perp is just obsessed with her and is keeping her alive.

I am always more comforted to hear of grid searches on foot, as opposed to ATV or horseback, because how is the human eye supposed to keep up with tiny things flashing by under the tires of an ATV and if they are on horseback, they have blind spots. I know that in areas like where they are searching now, fingertip to fingertip grid searches may not be possible, but there is a part of me that always wonders if there is now evidence that is gone forever, trampled completely into the mud.

OT...congrats on your 10,000 posts!!:woohoo:

I know that if my child was missing, I don't care who or what was in my way, I would search on my own!

I know how you feel. That's what I was doing until "asked" by our Sheriff to stay at the command center so they could get info from me. Also, when your kid is missing ur body goes into a weird shock thing, you can't focus, you can't stop physically shaking, you certainly can't quit crying,,,,and LE is constantly asking questions.

I don't think Decatur county was on spring break...the mom is a school teacher and was at school.......most southern colleges had their spring breaks earlier this year.

IIRC, she is an 'elementary' school teacher..I don't know about there but here the local schools are on spring 'vacation' this week not last week when H went missing.

I don't think it's a mistake that this search has expanded over the Easter holiday break. Maybe the perp. thought the heat would be minimized?

JMO

RE: Why TES{Texas Equusearch} has not been called in.. IMO its likely due to one of these reasons or a combo of them: All it takes is a phonce call/contect made to TES by one of the parents[doesn't have to be contacted by LE]..or more likely IMO would be as is most cases until they are able to discern with some amount of certainty a specific area that ls likely the Holly would be found..well.. then they won't come in until this area is decided are a high probability..Otherwise there would be "X" amt of miles by "X" amt of miles = an impossible in size area to grid off and effectively search with TES..[and as I said that is just going on what we have seen in other cases]...

and then Re:RavenTrue's post:
IF text was sent after she was taken, that is HUGE. If this is true, I wonder why she would text bf. I think I'd be texting my Dad to help me, or 911! Also if she texted bf to say "all is fine" that's odd too. If perp made her text and was unknown...how did he know she had a bf?

These are huge IMO and stand out IMO like an extremely large..sore thumb..jmo tho!

'Holly Bobo Abduction Case' Wrought with Confusion, Contradictions and Evasiveness!

This is the headline from a site/blog that came up on google..It's not well known (& not one banned from here) but there's no real point to link it cos it basically just says what many here think & have been saying all along.

"I keep dropping the ball when I apply logic to this baffling kidnapping"

Another popular train of thought here.

One thing I've been wondering & haven't seen is did Clint run into the woods looking for his sis once he realized something was wrong?..The other is we keep hearing he became suspicious when he saw the 'blood' but nothing about her car still being in the driveway..It seems to me that would be the very 1st thing he'd notice..It's possible one or both did take place but we just haven't heard about it.

I don't know where I read this but Clint wears contacts and had just woken up. He thought he had seen her with a bf so at first he wasn't concerned. At that point in time he did not have his contacts in. It wasn't until the neighbor called and mentioned the screaming that 911 was called. If someone can help me with a link that would be great. But I know I read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18