TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know of no reason to carry or use duct tape while hunting. my husband was an avid hunter and he didn't

Sorry, I have to laugh at myself regarding your post. I'm a cosmetologist and have some at my salon and used it yesterday to fix something (not visible to clients). Duck tape is a rednecks best friend, lol I don't think my husband carried it on him when hunting but I'm sure there was a roll in his truck. That's just the south--you don't leave home without your duct tape. lol

About Holly, I'm praying for her and her family, and LE and searchers. I can't imagine the pain this is causing.

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

money raised from t-shirts discussed early on thread...this might clear up somethings..

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

money raised from t-shirts discussed early on thread...this might clear up somethings..

Does anyone know which scripture it is?

I hope they make millions :) I also think mom should go with Holly for that vacation, she deserves it too :)

my brain is scrambled from everything that is going on

Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

When my son went missing for a few hours, hundreds of people were out in just a few minutes cuz we put it on facebook immediately, after calling 911, and we live in a small community. At one point LE asked people to come to the command center and sign in. However before they had a chance to, our son was found (safe and sound, thank you Jesus). Point being, I'm sure lots of the searchers wouldn't have taken the time to stop searching (even if they had gotten the sheriff's message to do so) , make their way to the command center and sign in, they wouldn't have realized the importance. It was crazy when people were searching, they were tripping over each other looking for him, everyone kind of in a panic (me in hysterics!). IF it had been a crime scene (which it wasn't), evidence would have been trampled.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative to those who searched for my son. I wouldn't go back and change a thing that happened that morning (other than him not getting lost to begin with), but from my experience I can see what happens, even with the best of intentions, when searchers are not prepared/trained and organized.

But why? Is it to secure legs (deer, etc) making the travel easier? Would a hunter use duct tape for any other reason during hunting?

Up here in rural Manitoba, it's the big joke that everyone had duct tape in their homes, cars, etc. It's used for EVERYTHING -- fixing something broken on a lawnmower, atv, gun, crossbow, etc., etc. I wouldn't be caught dead without duct tape when camping. It would make sense that the perp would carry some -- he probably carries it all the time in his camo jacket.

Sorry, but could someone post the map again with the locations. I saw it earlier, but can't find it now. Was curious as to how far the state park is from her home.

Thanks

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-T-shirts-Available-120334429.html
The shirt reads "Pray for Holly's Safe Return" on the back and has a pink ribbon on the front along with Bobo's name.
"We're going to print one thousand more t-shirts Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to continue this until we have sold enough to cover the reward the family has offered," said Steve Hinson of Amerawear.

These are the same shirts, some sources describe them as above, some say that they have "a scripture" on them, but not which one, so sorry to whoever asked.

Its news. Taking the statements at face value, it would seem to clear the b/f not that I think he was involved.

The NG show tonight was NOT a repeat either. it was new. The Casey Anthony case is just on there ALL THE TIME and NG replays a lot of the same sound bites so it might seem like a repeat.

Its news. Taking the statements at face value, it would seem to clear the b/f not that I think he was involved.

The NG show tonight was NOT a repeat either. it was new. The Casey Anthony case is just on there ALL THE TIME and NG replays a lot of the same sound bites so it might seem like a repeat.

She could have sent him a text before she left! LOL he didnt say he sent her one.

I assume LE examind his phone and would see the messages. Again, taking this at face value it sounds like they didnt break up the day before etc... It was morning, shes going off to school, messages b/f, heads out to the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech