TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my goodness...that must have been a horrible and life-altering experience. You no doubt have insight into the emotional state the family and friends are in. We really are glad you are here. None of us is as wise as ALL of us together. Welcome to Websleuths.

Not to detract from this situation, but my sister was found (7 years later) and she is the most wonderful woman and my best friend! We have found much healing in one another!:great:

The situation with Holly... I get what her brother is doing. You kill yourself mentally and shut down when you know that there was a smidgen of hope, that you could have done something to change it. Guilt can honestly kill. There is no doubt in my mind that he is not a POI and that LE retracted their statements to allow room for the abductor mistakes. Mentally sick individuals, capable of doing this sort of thing, thrive on being "a part of". They do not walk away as if they hit a squirrel on the road... JMO I guess....

I read somewhere (don't know where) that lots of trash was also being found...who knows this duct tape may not even be connected at all to this case.

That's because the press says one thing and LE says another and LE is keeping everyone in the dark and everyone is inferring different scenarios, etc., etc. It's quite a mess. I'm even having 2nd thoughts that LE is doing the right thing by keeping everthing quiet.

Couldn't agree with you more! By keeping this "that" quiet, people feel like the search is fruitless and you certainly do not want people giving up. I hope they read these boards...

I went snooping on FB AGAAAIN... Sorry color me nosey! Does anyone know how old the BF is? Is he a year younger than HB? The reason I ask is because it appears that the BF may have been friends with the brother first... (he was added to his FB in Feb...HB wasn't added until April) not that it could mean anything but it might help to know the dynamics of the relationships of some of these people involved.

Not to detract from this situation, but my sister was found (7 years later) and she is the most wonderful woman and my best friend! We have found much healing in one another!:great:

The situation with Holly... I get what her brother is doing. You kill yourself mentally and shut down when you know that there was a smidgen of hope, that you could have done something to change it. Guilt can honestly kill. There is no doubt in my mind that he is not a POI and that LE retracted their statements to allow room for the abductor mistakes. Mentally sick individuals, capable of doing this sort of thing, thrive on being "a part of". They do not walk away as if they hit a squirrel on the road... JMO I guess....

OMG what a nightmare...7 years. God Bless her and you and your family.

One of the mistakes could be tearing that piece of duct tape with his teeth, or removing a glove, because he's in a hurry, then just leaving it there also because he's in too big of a hurry, like seeing a vehicle driving up in the distance.

[B said:
Beentherebefore;6378094]Not to detract from this situation, but my sister was found (7 years later) and she is the most wonderful woman and my best friend! We have found much healing in one another!:great:[/B]

:great::great::great::great:

Thank you for your insight as well!!!

Any one know if this will be on NG tonight?

Don't know yet, but I sure enjoyed seeing Deborah Norville cover it. She did a good job without all the yelling NG does. I used to wait for her show every night and then it changed, like the top stories were not making it on the show in time....JMO

WOW!!! what an absolute miracle that your sister was found after 7 seven years. I cant imagine the emotional toll and guilt and the the elation in finding her. That is wonderful
!!!!!!

I was just thinking about the Anthony case (my husband were searchers) and wondering how far it would have gotten if no information had been given out from the beginning.

If that duct tape with the blond hairs, on the ground, by the side of the road does have evidence of Holly, then:

It may have been a piece this guy discarded that initially he may have grazed her hair with--thus the hairs and the seemingly "new appearance" to it.

If he did discard that portion of duct tape in favor of a different portion to eventually secure to her, then there is always the chance that it could have his DNA on it, from tearing it with his teeth, if he did that, that is.

Lets hope he left a few awesome fingerprints too!

Don't know yet, but I sure enjoyed seeing Deborah Norville cover it. She did a good job without all the yelling NG does. I used to wait for her show every night and then it changed, like the top stories were not making it on the show in time....JMO
I actualy stopped watching it. Only catch it occasionally. I use to like to watch Greta also but not no more.

But why? Is it to secure legs (deer, etc) making the travel easier? Would a hunter use duct tape for any other reason during hunting?

i know of no reason to carry or use duct tape while hunting. my husband was an avid hunter and he didn't

Couldn't agree with you more! By keeping this "that" quiet, people feel like the search is fruitless and you certainly do not want people giving up. I hope they read these boards...

My heart goes out to you & your family for having to go thru such a awful experience. Thank God for a wonderful ending.

asked hubby about duct tape in the woods...he said tons of reasons to have it...especially for survivalists and hunters. If your tent rips, tape it....if mosquitos are biting,tape sleeves and neck down... if you are crossing a creek and don't want the bottom of your pants to get wet, tape them up around the knees.....I had never thought about it myself

MOO

I went snooping on FB AGAAAIN... Sorry color me nosey! Does anyone know how old the BF is? Is he a year younger than HB? The reason I ask is because it appears that the BF may have been friends with the brother first... (he was added to his FB in Feb...HB wasn't added until April) not that it could mean anything but it might help to know the dynamics of the relationships of some of these people involved.

According to his fb he graduated in 2010 which would probably make him around 19

FYI: If a link goes ********, it is not allowed to be discussed on Websleuths.

:tyou:

well, it looks like the Anthony case on NG tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads