TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very odd. I don't get it at all. I've never heard of a case where the family raises funds so that the money can go directly to the victim to do whatever they please with it.

I would understand if the money was going to a trust fund etc. , but for all of the money going to whatever the recipient wants to do with it is : :waitasec:
I do understand. Totally. This is the way her mother is dealing with the limbo she is caught in. She cannot bear to think of Holly not coming home or dead so she is trying to look ahead to a future for Holly. She is trying to believe that everything is going to be okay. She's a mother and I'm sure not going to fault her with the sort of confusion and even grief she is dealing with.

Don't worry. I'm sure the family won't be keeping it. If Holly doesn't come home to use it, it will go to a worthy charity.

Just my thoughts on it.

Personally, if someone I love has been abducted and I do not know if they are dead or alive for weeks...when they get home I am gonna hold them VERY close...sending them on a vacation will be the farthest from my thoughts...

IMHO...

I was backtracking and reading yesterday's posts wondering about a time line of when Holly's mom and dad left for work. I found the school that Mrs. Bobo taught at and from their home it looks like the drive takes 30 minutes. School starts somewhere around 7:30 to 7:45am. Teachers usually have to report at least 30 minutes before the start of school. Also, the website says one teacher has to be at school by 7:00am. They probably take turns doing that duty. So,
I would say her mom had to leave home between 6:30am or 6:45 at the latest to get to school on time.

I am wondering if the abductor got there before the parents left to actually watch them leaving or just knew if their vehicles were gone then they weren't there. (creepy thought for the parents knowing they could have been watched leaving the home)

I would hope that it would get donated to help other families search for their missing loved ones but I don't really think they are considering all this that everyone is saying. I think it is their way of saying YES Holly is coming home, so here is this money she can do whatever she wants to with it because she's been through Heck.

It just makes them look selfish and I don't think they realize it.

I think the money should be going back to the Vols who helped search for Holly.

I think people are going to be very upset if they find out that all that money is going to Holly to do whatever she pleases with it.

That is exactly what happened. There is a set of transcriptions back in thread 8 that I did of LE statements. Mark Gwyn is the one that sat on camera and amended the statement by saying that dragged was not the appropriate term. He stated that the abductor had hold of her (I don't remember his exact wording), but that she was walking and and dragged was no the right word.

ETA: It may have been Mehr. I'd have to go look it up.
And the statement that they made was that they believe that she was in fear for her life. Not that her brother believed, not that it was based on witness statements, but that they as LE believed that she was in fear for her life.

Thank you! I've spent what little time I have trying to keep up with the threads, but I have read them all, and I remember seeing that.

I also found this:
Search for Holly Bobo continues; cops advise community to look for anyone acting strangely
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-17/news/29464902_1_unidentified-man-press-conference-nursing-student

excerpt: "Investigators believe Bobo was threatened by the unidentified man and followed him into the woods because she feared for her life."

As Lashelle pointed out, it would be interesting to find a transcript of LE's statement. I can't seem to find that though.

stop by south Florida first...:rocker:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150572938395643&id=387068190642

I already can't stand pat Brown (and I hope this is allowed, but those of who watch NG knows who Pat Brown is; this is her page on FB), but she really needs to stop this. No matter the clue, the evidence, no matter what it is or how it is presented, she will turn it to proof or conjecture against the brother or bf. And she has as little information as the reast of us...from many of her postings, it appears she has less information than we do. I wish she would shut up, I think she's hurting Holly's case much more than she is helping.

Yep, and earlier I was arguing with her on her FB page, gonna have to go back and look.

Here is what I do not get at all:

Why would you have people buy T-shirts that are not going towards the reward fund but instead all the money is going towards Holly herself?

Her mother said she wanted the donations from the T-shirts to go towards Holly so that when she gets back she can go on vacation or buy whatever she wants.

Because apparently mom really believes Holly is coming home and is working toward that end. It's actually a nice thought for Holly. Not saying that's what I would do, but it is a nice thought.

If this statement came from LE, I'm pretty confident they got their information from the brother.
If this is what LE got from Holly's brother as to what he saw, it's good enough for me.
Clint has never given an interview to the press but IMO he has to LE, probably more than one.

Especially considering that LE has stated that he has been more than cooperative with the investigation.

~jmo~

I don't think it's nuts. And I'm a people. I think it's a mother holding onto hope that her child will come home and everything will be normal again.

Absolutely. I agree with you 100%. I can't imagine what her mom is going through. That the community is supporting her with this is proof enough for me that there is nothing "off" about the fund.

Ya know, I've thought about that, and I've come to the conclusion that maybe LE doesn't want to clear anyone simply because of how tight the community is. For example, if they clear her brother, then people start asking about her bf, and if they don't clear him, then the suspicion of him gets even stronger. Works the other way too, if they clear the bf, but not the brother. And if both of them are cleared, then the perp may think they really are onto him, as an outsider to the family, whether they are or not, and if Holly is still alive, he may panic. At this point, it might be better to stick with, "Everyone's a suspect", because it makes it look like they know nothing. (And I hope that they actually know something.)

Good post!

You know if we had all the information LE had, we would find the guy and Holly. LOL

Ya know, I've thought about that, and I've come to the conclusion that maybe LE doesn't want to clear anyone simply because of how tight the community is. For example, if they clear her brother, then people start asking about her bf, and if they don't clear him, then the suspicion of him gets even stronger. Works the other way too, if they clear the bf, but not the brother. And if both of them are cleared, then the perp may think they really are onto him, as an outsider to the family, whether they are or not, and if Holly is still alive, he may panic. At this point, it might be better to stick with, "Everyone's a suspect", because it makes it look like they know nothing. (And I hope that they actually know something.)

Exactly. At this point LE doesn't appear to know if Holly is alive or dead. If she is alive and being held hostage if the kidnapper believes that LE is on to him Holly becomes even more of a liability and he could kill her.

me tooo! that money should go to helping pay for gas for the atvs searching bring in sar dogs all the search and rescue stufffff not a vacation

If they get Holly home im sure someone will send her on vacation!

Use that money to GET her home!!!!!

If mom is in shock, which I can't imagine her being otherwise, she probably wasn't even thinking along logical lines when she decided on how to appropriate the money. She was just thinking, "I have faith Holly will come home and I want to be able to show that tangibly and also do something extra special for her",,MOOOO

I have to say that it seems very odd to me as well. Why not use the money for extra searchers and private dog handlers FIRST, maybe Private Investigators.

Then once she comes home you can figure out a way for her to go on a little vacation. I bet she would get plenty of offers from people offering her their beach house if she comes home safe.

I DO understand the Mom's hope that the money could be used to fund a nice vacation for her beautiful daughter. But she is putting the cart before the horse, imo.

BBM Yeah what i was going to say

OK the car and the phone. SARX thank you for saying your information is that it was a hunter's and cleared. I'm going to leave the last few posts but this is the end of this rumor please. And carrying scanner talk up into this thread is strictly forbidden.

BBM and snipped bm ~ Thank you for the above message. I didn't know that scanner talk was not allowed up here (I referenced it yesterday probably three or four threads back). I won't do it again. I've not encountered a case before where scanner was used so I was unaware - sorry.

If mom is in shock, which I can't imagine her being otherwise, she probably wasn't even thinking along logical lines when she decided on how to appropriate the money. She was just thinking, "I have faith Holly will come home and I want to be able to show that tangibly and also do something extra special for her",,MOOOO

Help me out here - did I just read mom bought a vacation with donation money? Yikes - I need to read the upthread.

MOO

Mel

I don't think that the statement that Holly was complying because she was threatened came from Clint. I think that it was speculation put out there by LE because while locals and people like ourselves would see that this is an abduction others would question that because she went willingly.

I do understand what you are saying about the importance of reporting what was seen. But I'm not sure if it was reported that Holly was, without a doubt, threatened to comply. I'll go see what I can find, but I think that it was reported that she may have been threatened to comply.

daisy...

Way To Go.......1,000 post...........sorry this is late!!

:fireworks2::Banane10::Banane10::Banane21::Banane21::fireworks2:

score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads