TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the reward for, at this point? Safe return only, or info leading to her whereabouts and conviction?

We've had the discussion that rewards are very seldom paid out, so the money put up by the family is not necessarily a loss at this point...or by the state, for that matter.

in regard to the shirts i think that at least they are honest about why and where this money will go, unlike in some other cases where it seemed like it was either just not clear about where the money was going or maybe even lied about...

Honestly, I've seen several different accounts of what the reward is actually for, but one of the most recent was, information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person that abducted her. I think it's also been listed as for her safe return, or just the arrest of the abductor. Sort of hard to be sure at this point.

in regard to the shirts i think that at least they are honest about why and where this money will go, unlike in some other cases where it seemed like it was either just not clear about where the money was going or maybe even lied about...

Yes, honesty is the best policy. I think those of us who are following Hailey Dunn's case get our hinky meters up when we first learn about t-shirts and other merchandise and where might the money be going, etc. I've heard that similar issues were raised in Caylee's case too.

As I stated upthread, I still think the quote about a vacation could be a misprint or misquote. It came from someone claiming to be Holly's mother's friend, not from the mother herself. Holly's mom might not even know this has been reported in the media this way. I'm sure she is not concerned about that at the moment.

MOO

Most people don't care where the money goes when they buy a t-shirt from Gap...at least people are getting a shirt for their money. Not just giving money to an unspecified cause.

it was my understanding that it was state money and thats why it was so unheard of considering there are many other missing people in the area...but i could be wrong - i will try to find a link

Ah, okay. I never heard one way or the other. I just "assumed" that it was out of the Gov's pocket. You are probably right.

Edit: and by the time I caught up to LilTexans post, I see that you are indeed correct.

Hmmm... if that report is accurate (big if in my book), it suggests that the blood is from someone for which there is a "known" sample.

I interpreted the reason LE didn't release the results were because they couldn't identify the sample from the known database and would have to rely on first arresting a suspect before being able to match it. If they do know who it belongs to (other than Holly) wouldn't it be enough to name and/or arrest a suspect, especially if they believe the abductor is local? :waitasec: MOO

According to this article, the money pledged by the Governor is state money.

"Gov. Bill Haslam approved a $50,000 reward from the state..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-reward-tripled-75000/story?id=13397819

How many other people are missing in Tennessee right now? If I had a family member who was missing, I'd be asking where the $50,000 reward for my family member is... I just wonder how the state decides one person gets it and one doesn't. I don't think it has anything to do with the cousin who is a singer. MOO

I think that this is just yet another in a long line of conflicting reports on this case. I would buy a shirt myself (and will if I can get one) and don't care if this helps the family in some way. I don't know all the facts. No one here does. So, I'm satisfied with letting them do what they feel is right. I understand that others don't feel this way, but that's the way that I feel anyway.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, with the assistance of other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, continued with search efforts in Decatur County, Tenn. today and are hopeful Governor Bill Haslam’s offer of a $50,000 reward for information leading to Holly Bobo’s case will generate additional leads. Late last night, District Attorney General Hansel McAdams of the 24th Judicial District requested the Governor offer the reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the kidnapping of Holly.

snip from official tbi release on the reward

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

Exactly what I have been saying for two days now...but people can't be outraged about that, so it gets skipped over every time, LOL.

The point is everywhere it's been stated that the extra money is going to go to "the family". And people donating by buying a shirt may not necessarily read the fine print. I would personally be mega ticked off if I found that out after I donated either in hard cash or merely a t-shirt buy.

This investigation is like taking a step into the twilight zone....IMO....nothing, nothing, nothing makes any sense from the beginning until now.
My mind is going to a crazy place, because I just thought of a very weird scenario.
Just imagine, for a reason unknown to us, Holly wanted to run away from it all. She confided in her brother and they came up with a plan. He called 911 and the rest is history....it was too late for him to take it back for whatever reason.
Because we don't really know about people's lives, not even our next door neighbors.
I'm sorry, just had to put this in even though it makes no sense, but I wish it did because then Holly would be alive. MOO

How many other people are missing in Tennessee right now? If I had a family member who was missing, I'd be asking where the $50,000 reward for my family member is... I just wonder how the state decides one person gets it and one doesn't. I don't think it has anything to do with the cousin who is a singer. MOO

We have several missing here in Tennessee. This is just speculation, but look at the entire media storm over this case. It is a huge nationwide case and everyone knows about it. It's different than the other Tennessee cases where someone just went missing and no one was there to witness the abduction. But for CB seeing Holly being taken into the woods, this might have fallen along those lines as well. Shelly Mook is missing from here in Nashville and it is not receiving that national attention because it was said she was previously in an abusive relationship. Unfortunately for those in these abusive relationships, these types of cases aren't looked at in the same way as a beautiful 18 year old girl who looks to be the "perfect woman." Partner that with the fact that there is no comparison in small communities to huge metropolitan areas in terms of the family "feel" in these places. A small community would virtually use every single resident in their quest to resolve the case and this means lots of ideas. In large cities, you just don't have that camaraderie that small towns do. I would think that other SAR could request the governor to give money. Perhaps others just haven't thought of it.

Heather Sullivan is her name. And what I don't understand why a sketch has not been release. even if not related to Holly other girls are at risk.
I think it's because she didn't get a good enough look at him.

This investigation is like taking a step into the twilight zone....IMO....nothing, nothing, nothing makes any sense from the beginning until now.
My mind is going to a crazy place, because I just thought of a very weird scenario.
Just imagine, for a reason unknown to us, Holly wanted to run away from it all. She confided in her brother and they came up with a plan. He called 911 and the rest is history....it was too late for him to take it back for whatever reason.
Because we don't really know about people's lives, not even our next door neighbors.
I'm sorry, just had to put this in even though it makes no sense, but I wish it did because then Holly would be alive. MOO

I've considered it. Just from certain things that I've read in the media, no real concrete reason why, but it has tickled my mind from time to time, that maybe she just walked away. But the blood seems to go against that theory.
I would like to know more about her and her brother's relationship with their parents...just to clear some things in my own mind, but I doubt that will be revealed any time soon.

Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle
LE has already stated clearly they know where Holly went into the woods (and aparently, based on that statement, she/he/they exited the woods).

When did they clearly state this? I don't recall anyone from LE stating that they knew for a fact she she entered the woods or where the entry and exit point was. I know someone gave a presser talking about an entry point but I'm pretty sure that comment was proceded by a mention that they were basing this off of CB's eyewitness account of where he saw HB being led into the woods and not because they had physical evidence of where she entered the woods. I think their entire search has been based off of very little evidence and mostly CB's account of what happened. IMO

I think it's because she didn't get a good enough look at him.

Yes. HS said that the light she had in her hand was shining in her eyes. I know that either she dropped it or he knocked it out of her hand, but by this time or within seconds after, he most likely turned away and ran. This probably all happened in a flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member