TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter fellow Websleuthers!

There was an article that said that LE believed that Holly and the abductor were still in the woods because they were able to block all of the exits.

I can't find the article, but I know I saw it somewhere.

Off to go hide Easter eggs!:boing:

I don't see how they could have blocked the exits any sooner than an hour+ at the very least, past the time she went into the woods. It would have taken that long by the time brother called, LE came out, took his statement, looked around the property, called in reinforcements, etc...plenty of time to get out of the woods, especially if a vehicle was parked nearby, which it seems must be the case, to me.

Did anyone see Holly that morning except brother and attacker?
Is that the true time?
Did any dogs track her into the woods?
Wonder if that is just story?
Did brother take a lie detector test?
I have only read bits and pieces of story.......

I don't see how they could have blocked the exits any sooner than an hour+ at the very least, past the time she went into the woods. It would have taken that long by the time brother called, LE came out, took his statement, looked around the property, called in reinforcements, etc...plenty of time to get out of the woods, especially if a vehicle was parked nearby, which it seems must be the case, to me.

Yeah, I agree. I think the idea that they are still in the woods trapped is ludicrous. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. Whatever is done is done and this guy is back to his normal routine, whoever he is. I don't feel that he is holding her, but I don't want to think about that. Holding out hope is all we have at this point in time.

Maybe the dogs didn't pick up a scent at the woodline because she was never at the woodline.

My thoughts are that the woods my be a red herring.....never happened,
wasting time???
We only have brothers story, right? and a neighbor heard a scream?

Hubby & friends were trying to figure out how someone would of done it & its darn near impossible. Unless he did knock her out & put her in a bag...thing is she still had her books / cell & lunch with her. Unreal!!!!

If that is what happened!

anyone could go in woods and 'drop' articles to be found?
That she never was in the woods???
I'd love to know where the dogs started to go if not the woods..........

I wonder how many people have retained attorneys already. None? One? More?

Hubby & friends were trying to figure out how someone would of done it & its darn near impossible. Unless he did knock her out & put her in a bag...thing is she still had her books / cell & lunch with her. Unreal!!!!

Of course, if those things were left behind it would raise an alarm. I think the blood near the car was unbeknownst to the offender-- if it wasn't discovered, it would seem that Holly may have gottn a ride with someone. jmo

This may sound kind of "out there," but--as I mentioned before--he could have threatened her family to get her to cooperation. He didn't necessarily need to tie her up or anything. Especially if he knew her family, he could say, "if you don't come with me, I'll kill you right here and go up into your house and kill your brother, then wait for your parents and kill them." I'm the type to fight back ferociously, and I'd still probably cooperate if someone said that to me.

I think the account that CB gave to the police is true and accurate and I do not believe that CB or anyone else in Holly's family had anything to do with her disappearance.

I think the information that LE has given to the media has been carefully redacted and edited and that we, the public, are only getting a watered down and frankly, confusing, scenario reported to us.

Even the family spokesman danced around the questions about what CB might have seen. They know much more than they are releasing.

With the FBI, TBI, and local LE involved, I am certain that CB and the rest of the family, as needed, have all been given polygraphs. LE doesn't usually confirm for the public whether they have administered those, much less the results.

I think LE knows (or very strongly suspects) who the perp or perps are, but they will not release this information.

According to this, it sounds like the T shirts are being sold to cover the family's portion of the reward money. Perhaps the 'vacation' is where any overage would be directed?

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-T-shirts-Available-120334429.html

"We're going to print one thousand more t-shirts Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to continue this until we have sold enough to cover the reward the family has offered," said Steve Hinson of Amerawear.

Exactly what I have been saying for two days now...but people can't be outraged about that, so it gets skipped over every time, LOL.

Not that hard, actually. Two scenarios come to mind.

1) He used a ruse to lure her close to the woods, i.e. my friend/dog is shot. Once she tried to use her phone to call 911, he smacked her.

2) He accosted her and smacked her right away.

Either way, especially if she was wearing a backpack, he could have had his hand on her back or backpack in scenario 1 to 'guide' her to the spot or in 2) to control her. Other hand was free to hold a gun/knife to her when needed.

From 300' feet or more, all CB would have seen in a brief glance out the window was Holly and her boyfriend walking towards the woods (remember he would have seen their backs..) and the 'boyfriends' arm is around her.

The mind tends to see what it expects to see. There is no way CB's first thought in this small quiet part of the country would have been 'abduction'.

I think the account that CB gave to the police is true and accurate and I do not believe that CB or anyone else in Holly's family had anything to do with her disappearance.

I think the information that LE has given to the media has been carefully redacted and edited and that we, the public, are only getting a watered down and frankly, confusing, scenario reported to us.

Even the family spokesman danced around the questions about what CB might have seen. They know much more than they are releasing.

With the FBI, TBI, and local LE involved, I am certain that CB and the rest of the family, as needed, have all been given polygraphs. LE doesn't usually confirm for the public whether they have administered those, much less the results.

I think LE knows (or very strongly suspects) who the perp or perps are, but they will not release this information.

while i agree with you what i dont understand is if le has a description of a suspect why are they not releasing it to the public or trying to reassure the public of their safety? thats the only reason i keep coming back to the original story - not because i dont believe the brothers story, its because of the total absence of any info from le to the public, ie. "no one has been cleared"... that and the 50,000 reward offered out of the state coffers...

while i agree with you what i dont understand is if le has a description of a suspect why are they not releasing it to the public or trying to reassure the public of their safety? thats the only reason i keep coming back to the original story - not because i dont believe the brothers story, its because of the total absence of any info from le to the public, ie. "no one has been cleared"... that and the 50,000 reward offered out of the state coffers...

Was it ever said that the 50G was out of the state monies? My understanding was that this was the Governor's cash that he was putting up.

If LE knows who the suspect is and knows where he is...that is not good for Holly, it has been way too long.

If they don't know where he is, then an APB should be issued, as has been done with other cases with success, Brittany Smith for one. Lots of young women look like Holly at a glance, but if the public knew what both people looked like, better chance of spotting them. Not to mention, what vehicle they think he is in.

But then again, I don't think LE really knows what happened here at all.

Exactly what I have been saying for two days now...but people can't be outraged about that, so it gets skipped over every time, LOL.

There have been several sites that have stated that the money from the T-shirt sales would go to the reward fund. One news channel that originally wrote this had to go back and correct their claims after a friend and neighbor of the Bobo's said that she had spoken with Holly's mother, who wanted them to do something so that Holly would have money for a vacation when she returns...or for "anything she wants." That is why they created the Holly Bobo Fund, which is separate from the Holly Bobo Reward Fund.

This is my understanding and I will link the article here. As with everything in this case, who knows the actual truth. But I do know the neighbor made the quote and it has appeared all over the internet.

This article is entitled "Update," and at the bottom half of the article they explain that,
"the proceeds are NOT going to the reward fund, but to the Holly Bobo Fund."

It also says, ""When Holly comes home, [Holly's mother] wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

Most people who are questioning this are not being mean or trying to take the focus away from Holly being rescued. I, for one, find the whole thing unusual....that's all.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

I am of the understanding that since this is a victim friendly forum, we are not to talk about the brother being a suspect or questioning his story. I don't think that this young man is lying and feel that the guilt he will have the rest of his life over not acting upon what he saw at the moment he saw it will be in his heart for the rest of his life. I believe what he said and think that we should not be accusing him or talking about him in this light here on this forum.

About the woods being blocked off on all exits. I have to wonder myself if that is possible in the time frame. I think that whoever took her had it planned out perfectly and she was in his vehicle within 15 minutes and they were off to wherever they are now. I certainly hope that they find her soon!

I have a feeling that LE will be giving out more info soon. Too many days are going by without results, but of course we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I also have a feeling there is a reason behind the large amount reward money. It makes me think they are trying to appeal to people who know, but are not coming forward. JMO

while i agree with you what i dont understand is if le has a description of a suspect why are they not releasing it to the public or trying to reassure the public of their safety? thats the only reason i keep coming back to the original story - not because i dont believe the brothers story, its because of the total absence of any info from le to the public, ie. "no one has been cleared"... that and the 50,000 reward offered out of the states coffers...

I think part of that could be because there seems to be a disconnect between public and LE. LE doesn't think the public is afraid, as the Lt. said in one of the media interviews. And later that same day, there were interviews with the public in which they made it perfectly clear that they were terrified. I think that's at least a part of it, they aren't reassuring the public because they aren't aware there's a need to do so. Which is sad, but happens.

Was it ever said that the 50G was out of the state monies? My understanding was that this was the Governor's cash that he was putting up.

it was my understanding that it was state money and thats why it was so unheard of considering there are many other missing people in the area...but i could be wrong - i will try to find a link

With the police releasing almost no information, it makes me concerned. Either they know what the outcome is going to be, or they have decided they don't need to release details. But I do think they're close to losing the public in this case, which is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay