TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we do not know (and it is none of our business) how much personal money the family has paid into the reward fund. For all we know, they had to get a personal loan, 2nd mortgage, etc., to help bring their loving daughter home. Perhaps this is a close friend's way of letting them have the money to refund them. Personally, I think this is very kind. As far as where the money goes they are getting, you have a choice buy a shirt or don't buy a shirt. No one is volunteering, preparing food, advertising, etc., to be reimbursed (as far as I know). If a volunteer has a problem with this, then they can bring it to the shirt seller's attention. Finally, it doesn't sound like Ms. Bobo asked the person(s) selling the shirts to do this for her, they just wanted to.

Holly's mother asked for the shirts to be made so that the money could go to Holly herself to go on a vacation or so that Holly could buy whatever she wanted with it.

Holly's mother came up with the idea.

With the shirt thing... I don't have much of a problem with it. For one, its not public money, its private donations. So its not like your tax dollars. Aparently what the money MIGHT be used for is not secret so its not like a bait and switch where you think the money goes to one thing and then you find out its not. I see the mom's idea as noble and maybe a bit naive but well intentioned. She wants to do something so that her daughter can try to relax and just get away after all this is over. as to just accepting vacation offers well yeah you could do that but that cuts the mom out of the loop as to having something to do wtih her time and energy and its not the same feeling, I imagine. And its not like your $12 or whatever is a straight donation. You get a shirt. Whether they were donated or not doesnt matter. Where can you get a custom printed tee shirt for $12. So I dont see it as a rip off either like when you pledge $500 to PBS TV and get a pen set. I see the shirt idea as a well intentioned (but maybe not the most well thought out or described) idea to give the family somthing to do, to get the word out about Holly, to be able to present her with somethign the family did themselves in her absence (assuming she is found). There could even be a bit of denial behind it. As a way to mask the fears and doubts that the family has to be experiencing.

I still think too the aparent lack of progress in the case, the lack of real news, etc. makes people cranky and they start looking and picking at fringe details that are not really relevant to getting Holly home, which should be the first and foremost focus. If LE would throw out some more info, people would have something productive to work with again.

Good Morning all,

I personally think they are not releasing the 911 call and other things is because they know something,,,,what that something is obviously we do not know.
LE is keeping this quiet for a reason.

i was thinking that due to the huge turn out of searchers they (le) wanted to avoid some kind of mob/mass hysteria type reaction?? but they couldnt have known how many were going to come and help search. an example of what le doesnt want is something like the hailey dunn case... huge mess...moo

I'm not going to give my hard earned money just so someone who was abducted can go on vacation. I'm Sorry their daughter is missing, but how many other parents have done what Holly's mother is doing?

If they want to give Holly something special on their own if and when she comes home, that is fine but DO NOT ask people to contribute money just so your daughter can go on vacation and buy whatever she wants.

Something is incredibly off about this abduction.

i dont really know what i think about the shirt business other than that if one of my loved ones was missing there would not be anything that i wouldnt do to raise money to find them and i wouldnt really care what the public thought about me or my efforts...kwim?

eta: hollys mom prolly doesnt read missing person cases like we do here at ws, so im sure the idea of the tshirts doesnt sound the same to her as it does some of us... i think she is desperate and this is one way for her to feel like she is doing something to find her daughter... and if it is the parsons florist actually selling them - then im not sure whats really going on with the donations... i really hate to judge the mom for one odd statement... idk...

i was thinking that due to the huge turn out of searchers they (le) wanted to avoid some kind of mob/mass hysteria type reaction?? but they couldnt have known how many were going to come and help search. an example of what le doesnt want is something like the hailey dunn case... huge mess...moo

nellie I love your little chick picture.

Well the search turn-outs have been big and steady and I think mostly people who are familiar with the area.
The one thing that I really don't get is they are "civilians" which if I were closer to TN and was a searcher (Would I be able to mentally handle if I found her not alive???)
Not everyone is capable of that, including me.

nellie I love your little chick picture.

Well the search turn-outs have been big and steady and I think mostly people who are familiar with the area.
The one thing that I really don't get is they are "civilians" which if I were closer to TN and was a searcher (Would I be able to mentally handle if I found her not alive???)
Not everyone is capable of that, including me.

thanx :)

yeah, me either but if i were missing i hope someone would come looking for me... the 911 may have confusing and/or misleading info that would lead the average listener to an incorrect conclusion of some sort and creating even more troubles for le... thats all i can come up with... such as the caller stating that it appeared to be hollys bf taking her into the woods when in fact it really wasnt or they didnt know or didnt want to say that publicly yet if ever

SNIPPED...

i dont really know what i think about the shirt business other than that if one of my loved ones was missing there would not be anything that i wouldnt do to raise money to find them and i wouldnt really care what the public thought about me or my efforts...kwim?...

But, this money is not going to find Holly. It's raising money so she can have a vacation when she comes home. This is not charity, and it's not a charitable contribution.

I'm not going to give my hard earned money just so someone who was abducted can go on vacation. I'm Sorry their daughter is missing, but how many other parents have done what Holly's mother is doing?

If they want to give Holly something special on their own if and when she comes home, that is fine but DO NOT ask people to contribute money just so your daughter can go on vacation and buy whatever she wants.

Something is incredibly off about this abduction.

holly's mom is selling t shirts that we can choose to buy or not. we are not under any obligation to do so. to each their own.

The solution to the problem that people have regarding purchasing a T-shirt for Holly to go on vacation if and when she returns is really simple, don't buy a T-shirt. If you aren't planning to buy a T-shirt, then it's really not our business what they do with the money.

~jmo~

Was Holly's car the only car parked at her house on the morning she was abducted? I couldn't remember if Clint also had a car or not.

I think that this case is sensational enough. I hate it when public personas try to sensationalize it more by speculating out loud about things that have been hashed over for many days now already.

Personally, I have a "gut" feeling that the family had nothing to do with this one. I am certainly no expert, but my "gut" has been right in many of the cases I have followed. In my opinion, I think that things that look "hinky" to others seems quite normal to me. I may be wrong since we have NOT been given exact information from the TBI, but I can imagine the following happening with her brother:

He wakes up in the morning and is still somewhat sleepy. He stretches, looks out the window, and sees Holly talking with her boyfriend. It barely registers to him as he is still a bit sleepy. He gets into the shower (or just gets dressed) and wakes up a bit. He walks outside (possibly 20 - 30 minutes have passed by now) and sees that Holly's car is still there. He calls for her and she doesn't answer. He walks around the car and notices the blood. All of a sudden - he remembers the guy talking to Holly! He can't register that she is in trouble yet, so he calls her cell and then her boyfriends cell to see where they are at. They boyfriend says that he is at work and has not been with her. He is now IMMEDIATELY alarmed as he recalls that the person with Holly had ahold of her arm as they were walking towards the woods; and he calls 911.

To me, when a person is just waking up in the morning, things may not completely register at first. He may not have even registered exactly what he saw until he was fully awake and alarmed by finding that the boyfriend was not with her that morning.

This is all my opinion, and I have watched many times where family is involved, but my "gut" instinct on this one is that this is a family in shock and in desperation. It was refreshing and very heart-breaking to me to see the news conference with the mom and dad. The mom was on the verge of collapse throughout the entire conference. The policeman had to basically carry her back to her car. This outpour of emotion seems genuine to me; unlike Billy Dunn who cannot shed a tear for her daughter. This family is also keeping it real and undramatized. The drama is coming outside of the family dynamic and not from the family themselves - unlike the Anthony's or Kiesha Abrahams mother. She hid behind sun glasses and moved out of her apartment the very day Kiesha was reported missing.

I also believe that the mother is likely beginning to feel desperate to be involved SOMEHOW in ANY way with the search for her daughter. There is just no handbook for her to follow. I wish that someone with knowledge would visit this family and help them through this terrible process as they wait for answers.

I too believe that LE may know more than they have told the public - I am betting on it. I believe that LE may also have hope that Holly is or was still alive and they are treading carefully so that the perp doesn't do something desperate and kill her. They must keep their info close to the vest to protect Holly. JMHO of course!

Happy Easter everyone!

I am praying very hard that LE is able to crack this one with a possitive outcome! I am praying for Holly and hoping that she WILL come home. I do NOT want to give up hope on her and I hope that others do not either!

Elizabeth is no longer sorry that this all happened to her.

Elizabeth was extremely religious. She said that was what got her through her 9 months in captivity.

When she returned, she simply returned to her normal life. She played her harp, she slept in her room that night. We saw the happy family pictures. She returned to school that following school year a few months later.

Elizabeth appears to have completely avoided PTSD... flashbacks... nightmares...

I so very much wish we could all be so lucky. :(
I don't believe there are any miracles in these situations. I'm sure Elizabeth was deeply affected by her trauma, no matter what her and her family say in public. I don't mean to trivialize or diminish her strength at all but, as you imply, the difficulty comes with living with the aftermath day after day. Nobody can truly know what the traumatized person goes through, and there are probably many things Elizabeth experiences that she has not shared with anyone. I do very much understand her feeling of not being sorry it happened to her, she wouldn't be the person she is today if her life had taken another path. There is no other way once history is written.

From Geraldo at Large- Mark Furman says when he called TN (don't know what that means) The dogs did not scent anything around woods by Bobo's house. Don't know if that was TBI confirmed or not.

I respect Mark Furman but he does not always get it right either. If the TBI won't even say what the blood analysis results were, I find it hard to believe they would tell a reporter that. Even if he did used to be LE. JMO, of course. :)

I been looking for other missing persons... kids or adults where a Gov gave 50,000 for reward. I can't find any. I wonder what is Different in the reward money for Holly than others? It just a thought.

I've been reading this on and off all day - not much new news, but when I hear about this, and no one verifying the time they last saw her - this makes me wonder even more, why a timeline has not been established for so many of the things that have been said ie. 911 calls, etc.

just more questions.... very few answers

No offense intended but why do you think no timeline has been established? I'm confident they will have done that, since there are a great many well-trained professionals looking for her. Unless you mean, why they haven't told us what it is? We have the MIL of a TBI forensic examiner on here and she has told us they have good reasons for what they are doing.

According to this, it sounds like the T shirts are being sold to cover the family's portion of the reward money. Perhaps the 'vacation' is where any overage would be directed?

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-T-shirts-Available-120334429.html

"We're going to print one thousand more t-shirts Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to continue this until we have sold enough to cover the reward the family has offered," said Steve Hinson of Amerawear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans