TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about the forum - I've been following the Holly Bobo threads closely, but with so many new posts it's hard to keep up. If I leave for a couple hours and come back, the thread I was looking at is closed. Other than going to the last thread where I commented, going to the last page of that thread and clicking on the link to the new thread and continuing to do that until I find the one that's open, is there a better way to locate the most recent thread? I'm sure there is, and I feel silly. Thank you so much : )

AHHHH. I see your point. I have only ridden a few times but I can see exactly what you mean. We had 2 ATVs and 2 adults and 2 kids, and we tried all different ways of riding with a passenger. At one point our daughter got mad that no one would let her drive [ she was only 8] so she got kind of obstinate and wouldnt hold my waist tight. I was kind of struggling trying to hold her myself with one arm while trying unsuccessfully to steer with one hand. If she had been actively fighting me it would never have worked.

So tell me, if she was knocked out by ether or drugged, would there be any way to keep her on the ATV, with just one perp?

Very doubtful because a limp body would be equally as hard. The perp would of had to tie her to to the ATV there isn't any holding places on them to tie a body. If he used duck tape on her legs / she couldn't sit on it....

Quick question about the forum - I've been following the Holly Bobo threads closely, but with so many new posts it's hard to keep up. If I leave for a couple hours and come back, the thread I was looking at is closed. Other than going to the last thread where I commented, going to the last page of that thread and clicking on the link to the new thread and continuing to do that until I find the one that's open, is there a better way to locate the most recent thread? I'm sure there is, and I feel silly. Thank you so much : )

Goldie,

Up on the top banner, click on NEW POSTS and scroll thru the threads until you find Holly's.....then click on the little blue arrow besides the last poster name....

that's what I do...i'm sure everyone does something different...

heck, don't feel silly........

Happy Easter,

score

Very doubtful because a limp body would be equally as hard. The perp would of had to tie her to to the ATV there isn't any holding places on them to tie a body. If he used duck tape on her legs / she couldn't sit on it....

My brother's atv has a rack on the back or front (sorry dont remember which, they may make both). This allows him to carry his deer out of the woods instead of dragging them a long distant.

And you just had to bring up that duct tape again......LOL...just kidding

I pray that Holly will be home for Easter Sunday

Did I read somewhere that LE thinks he's an avid hunter? Or am I just making that up? The reason I ask is that there are products hunters can use to disguise their scent so animals don't get spooked by them....I wonder how common it is for a hunter to use something like that or how well those work?

People are constantly shedding skin cells and that's how a tracking dog tracks. The wind may blow the cells off the direct path,but handlers know that and take it into account.Humidity or lack of it also plays a role in how long the trail can be located.Higher humidity gives you a bigger window of time to work in.
I'm not sure how the product you are describing works,but I would be very surprised if it was effective in throwing off tracking dogs. JMO

I really have read all the threads, but could someone refresh me regarding confirmation of Mark's statements about the dogs not hitting? I don't remember anyone confirming this. I discounted it long ago because I only heard it from him. Was this the same video or a more recent one? I know LE said there were dogs right away but didn't give any other information that I can recall. Thanks in advance!

MF said he called Tn but did not say who he talked to. The dogs not hitting on a scent was part of his phone call apparently. Nothing officially confirmed.

I am disappointed that AMW and John Walsh are still going with the "dragged" away, even eleven days later, when LE corrected the description within a day or so. I know it makes for better copy, and John W. does work for Fox, which loves the controversial. I really respect JW, but it bothers me that with a show and website that serves a vital purpose, they still have to go for the hyperbole. Obviously, this disappearance is dramatic enough not to require "padding."

(Personally, I do think that it is possible that Holly's brother used that term at some point, perhaps in the heat of a 911 call and then clarified later, but since LE clearly refuted it, responsible news sources should do the same, in my opinion.)

-Locally, when people discuss the case, I think he will probably belittle the way the police are handling the case. He will say he doesn't think they are doing the right things or enough things to bring Holly home. People will take his anger as concern for Holly when inside, he's laughing about how superior he is to LE.

I can agree with most of what you said but I don't think he has much communication with others. I think he's probably a loner and gets by watching TV all day, hunting and fishing by himself, etc.

I'd be shocked if this was a "team" crime. It totally fits the profile of a lone offender to me. But he may not be known enough in the community so that his absence, or presence, in searching or at vigils would be noticed or missed at all. Or he may be from the next town over, where locals to Holly's town would not know him. He probably paid a few visits to the woods by her house prior to taking her.

At the top of this webpage you will see the following link tree:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Simply click on Missing Forum Discussion.

Now scroll down until you see the link for the discussion with the highest number (currently #13).

It should look like this.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 19
A thought that I had about the family in general. I am seeing similarities with the attitude here, to Elizabeth Smart's case.

I wonder if the thought process that Holly's mother is going through here, is at all similar to the one that Elizabeth's mother went through? I wonder if Holly's family has reviewed Elizabeth's return, especially since Holly was abducted?

If Holly's Mom believes she will be found and everything will go back to normal after a vacation... she may not believe her daughter will need therapy.
She may believe Holly will be like Elizabeth. (Whether she knows about Elizabeth or not.)

Elizabeth Smart and her family say she has never had any type of therapy. She simply talked to her parents.

Elizabeth's family went on a vacation after Elizabeth returned.

Elizabeth's mother wanted her to avoid suffering any more trauma, by avoiding focusing on the pain. Her mother felt that Elizabeth had given her kidnappers enough of her time and should move on with her life.

Elizabeth's mother also said that she could dwell on this, or she could forget about it, put it behind her. Elizabeth chose to put it behind her.

Elizabeth is no longer sorry that this all happened to her.

Elizabeth was extremely religious. She said that was what got her through her 9 months in captivity.

When she returned, she simply returned to her normal life. She played her harp, she slept in her room that night. We saw the happy family pictures. She returned to school that following school year a few months later.

Elizabeth appears to have completely avoided PTSD... flashbacks... nightmares...

I so very much wish we could all be so lucky. :(

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Elizabeth-Smart-John-Ramsey-The-Stories-that-Captured-the-Nation/2

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/27/360-interview-ed-smart-and-his-daughter-elizabeth/

There's something quite strange about this case. A few things don't sit right with me, including the t shirt issue. We could possibly be in for a surprise when we find out what happened. JMO.

Real quick because I really need to get some sleep....

My brain won't shut off and I thought of another scenario about how this went down. Its probably bizare, but I thought that I might as well put it out there...

I've read that there is a problem with meth in Holly's town. Since often times meth is made out there in the woods, maybe speed freak noticed Holly that way.

Maybe the dogs didn't pick up a scent at the woodline because she was never at the woodline.

Real quick because I really need to get some sleep....

My brain won't shut off and I thought of another scenario about how this went down. Its probably bizare, but I thought that I might as well put it out there...

I've read that there is a problem with meth in Holly's town. Since often times meth is made out there in the woods, maybe speed freak noticed Holly that way.

The county next to me (Polk County, FL) was for years the Meth Capital (so I guess it lost that honor?). At least down here Meth labs did not seem to be in the woods but were in cheap houses, trailers, apartments, etc. Somehow I dont see these toothless slackers having the capacity to plan this kidnapping. This took some effort and planning and pulling off a kidnapping like this really isnt the MO for the local junkies.

Maybe the dogs didn't pick up a scent at the woodline because she was never at the woodline.

LE has already stated clearly they know where Holly went into the woods (and aparently, based on that statement, she/he/they exited the woods).

Good Morning all,

I personally think they are not releasing the 911 call and other things is because they know something,,,,what that something is obviously we do not know.
LE is keeping this quiet for a reason.

I am going to ask this anyway. Why do you think they are not releasing the 911 call?

Could be a lot of reasons really. Could be state laws (Here in Florida we have the "Sunshine Law" that makes public access to such things much easier). There could be some details that LE does not want to be made known public. This could be factual detail or details of who actually made a call or when. IE if LE released a call from a person in a particular location that would indicate something happned toward that direction, etc. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99