TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*If* the blood does belong to the perp, one question would have to be where did it come from - bloody nose, cut on the arm or hand, etc and is the injury still visible? It would seem whoever would have to be cut or injured in a manner that would cause blood loss to be on the ground in a short amount of time while he was abducting Holly. I am also curious what type of shoes Holly was wearing that morning since another logical origin for the blood could be a cut on her foot, although I would also think there would be more than a small amount since she was walking away into the woods. MOO

There are many cases wherein the assailant cuts himself with his own knife. His hand slips onto the blade.

Maybe the Colonel is a hero to someone?

Sorry but can you explain? I'm just popping back in here after being diverted to Phylicia Barnes' thread for awhile so maybe I missed something. :waitasec:

Way behind trying to catch up, but
Speaking only for myself here, if I donate money, after expenses are whatever are paid, I don't care what they do with what's left.
When it leaves my hands it's theirs to do with what they please. MOO

From the recent articles I read, the T-shirts are being sold and all the proceeds are going to the "Holly Bobo Fund." Her mother told their neighbor she wanted to raise money so Holly could take a vacation or get anything she wants when she returns.

Some sites are saying that the money is going solely to the reward fund....others say part to reward, part to family...the other articles say its all for Holly.

I guess I just find it strange to be thinking in these terms at all. I had a son that was missing for 4 days about 7 years ago and it was mind-numbing. My obsession was finding him (which LE did)....not T-shirts or vacations. Not being harsh but just trying to understand.

Here is the link to the News 3 article saying the money is for Holly:
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

Oh...this whole new selling of the t-shirts for money does not sit well with me after reading some comments on various other sources/forums/facebook about money issues. I HATE to be skeptical, but IMO something just feels very odd about everything. Makes me sad.

Oh...this whole new selling of the t-shirts for money does not sit well with me after reading some comments on various other sources/forums/facebook about money issues. I HATE to be skeptical, but IMO something just feels very odd about everything. Makes me sad.

I would feel the same way...if her family were selling them. They aren't.
if the people of the community had been decieved about where the money was going. They haven't.
if we had heard anything suspicious from the family themselves. We haven't.
Moo and other appropriate farmyard noises.

Great post, lots of good points.

BBM: The recent case of multiple murderer, former Colonel Russell Williams, did just what you suggest here as implausable.

He drove by his victims' house in a rural area, where her house was set far back from the road, witnessed her excercising in her window, spied on her (probably with night vision goggles and disguised in her back rural yard), and eventually broke in and took her. Not in the daytime, mind you, but it was very rural, he fixated on her beauty, and he hunted her.

His unusual tires left a track in the field beside her house, and LE detected those tires on his vehicle that fit the profile, 1 week later at a roadside check. He had gone to a car wash to vaccuum out evidence. FWIW

Here it is.

Thank you for the warm welcome! The TBI has committed a lot of resources and people to this case. I'm amazed at their dedication and very proud of my DIL for the work she and her co-workers do. The media doesn't know everything that the investigation has uncovered. The TBI has a reason for keeping much of the information out of the media...I trust implicitly in their judgement.

You have every right to be proud. :) And thank you for confirming that. I have suspected as much, but it's nice to hear anyway. Although I have a headache from doing this: :banghead: , I take comfort in the fact that LE knows so much more than we realize (or usually give them credit for). Even in Florida, with their extensive sunshine laws, new information comes out about the Casey Anthony case all the time.

Holly's mom may be so emotionally distraught, in denial, and very likely medicated that she is not reacting or making decisions she might usually make.
I had read some comments under a news article that she was so unsteady on her feet that she had to be held up during a news conference but wasn't crying tears. I have heard an expression someone was "beyond tears" which may apply here.

Not sure why they are there, but Will Nunley reported it in his tweets. It makes me recall that Kyron's dad and stepmom had 24/7 police presence with them too initially. Perhaps it's SOP in cases like this? In case of a ransom demand or something else??

That makes a lot of sense. It may also allow them to observe the family dynamic up close and learn things that might take quite a while to surface in an interrogation room.

This has been such an exhausting ten days following Holly's case, and yet nothing like what those in her town and family have endured. I wish I had more optimism, but tonight I keep thinking of the girl who stole my heart a few years ago, Amber DuBois, and the kind of monster who took her right off the street on the way to school...and what it took to catch him, the life of another beautiful girl. And Amber never would have been found, if the monster had not eventually led LE to where he buried her out in the desert.

I would feel the same way...if her family were selling them. They aren't.
if the people of the community had been decieved about where the money was going. They haven't.
if we had heard anything suspicious from the family themselves. We haven't.
Moo and other appropriate farmyard noises.

Also, we do not know (and it is none of our business) how much personal money the family has paid into the reward fund. For all we know, they had to get a personal loan, 2nd mortgage, etc., to help bring their loving daughter home. Perhaps this is a close friend's way of letting them have the money to refund them. Personally, I think this is very kind. As far as where the money goes they are getting, you have a choice buy a shirt or don't buy a shirt. No one is volunteering, preparing food, advertising, etc., to be reimbursed (as far as I know). If a volunteer has a problem with this, then they can bring it to the shirt seller's attention. Finally, it doesn't sound like Ms. Bobo asked the person(s) selling the shirts to do this for her, they just wanted to.

This has been such an exhausting ten days following Holly's case, and yet nothing like what those in her town and family have endured. I wish I had more optimism, but tonight I keep thinking of the girl who stole my heart a few years ago, Amber DuBois, and the kind of monster who took her right off the street on the way to school...and what it took to catch him, the life of another beautiful girl. And Amber never would have been found, if the monster had not eventually led LE to where he buried her out in the desert.

And the many times he broke probation and should have been back in jail and wasn't. He would have never been around to kill either of these girls. Also, Chelsey's parents took the death penalty off the table so Amber could be found.

That is very strange!? What to make of that? Any idea of when they were removed? Could LE have told him to do that? But don't know why...

My first impulse is to think LE has a more important things to do, but these days, you never know, lol. However, perhaps we shouldn't read too much into some of these things. He's under a lot of pressure for someone his age.

I just watched the segment on Geraldo........the following are important issues they raised.....IMO
1-John Walsh said there is only a very slim chance Holly is alive.
2-John Walsh said it bothers him that the family will not speak in public again.
3-John Walsh said the perpetrator could be anywhere.
4- Walsh said everyone should be polygraphed to be ruled....starting with family and then moving to friends.
Mark Furman, who said he has spoken to the TBI himself said:
1-No dogs hit anywhere in the woodline for a scent.
2-He wants to know the last person to see Holly alive besides the brother, did the parents see her that morning or was it more like 8 or 9 hours before that anyone else saw her.
3-He wants to know why the scenario given by the brother has changed 3 times. He wants to know when the brother saw blood, even maybe an hour later, why after calling 911, did he NOT run in the direction through the woods no matter how long he would have to run. Geraldo then pleaded for the parents to call them to help set everything straight.
Then it was told the mother herself arranged to have the T-shirts made to give Holly a vacation when she returns.

Since MF TALKED to TBI: they should have told him the answers. Guess not or he forgot or something to ask the TBI since he was talking to them and all that. lol.

I apologize if this question was asked and answered earlier....just been on my mind...

Did the neighbor say that they heard A scream? or did the neighbor hear multiple screams...

just been buggin me and it probably doesnt matter....

I apologize if this question was asked and answered earlier....just been on my mind...

Did the neighbor say that they heard A scream? or did the neighbor hear multiple screams...

just been buggin me and it probably doesnt matter....

I've only heard it described as a scream or the scream in the media reports, but that doesn't mean that it was only one. I do think if it were more than one more than a few seconds apart it would have been described as more than one, but with the media reporting on this case, we really can't be sure.

So, Mark is saying he was told that no dogs hit at/in the woodline? So what, he walked her across the lawn and then beamed her up? Sorry, clearly I need some sleep.

So, Mark is saying he was told that no dogs hit at/in the woodline? So what, he walked her across the lawn and then beamed her up? Sorry, clearly I need some sleep.

I didn't get to see Geraldo, not that I'm heartbroken, but did he say WHEN the dogs ddidn't hit? that day, the next, a week after? And, as always, what type of dogs, air scent, ground scent, cadaver? Sigh, i wish they'd start telling us what kind of dogs, just for clarity, in some of these reports, but sadly, I don't think many reporters know enough about the field to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214