TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if she wasn't seen by anyone after 11 the night before, including her parents, that would change my opinion of potential suspects. But I'll also be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in Geraldo's sources...that's just me though.
I will not agree that her brother should have run into the woods after seeing the blood. He should have done exactly what he did, IMO. Called 911, and stayed put. By the time he saw the blood, they were long gone.

The other thing is, if the blood found was actually the perp's, LE could possibly be discreetly obtaining DNA from any male's fitting the profile at events like the vigil etc. I don't know if the perp would risk that (if it is HIS blood).

*If* the blood does belong to the perp, one question would have to be where did it come from - bloody nose, cut on the arm or hand, etc and is the injury still visible? It would seem whoever would have to be cut or injured in a manner that would cause blood loss to be on the ground in a short amount of time while he was abducting Holly. I am also curious what type of shoes Holly was wearing that morning since another logical origin for the blood could be a cut on her foot, although I would also think there would be more than a small amount since she was walking away into the woods. MOO

Okay, if she wasn't seen by anyone after 11 the night before, including her parents, that would change my opinion of potential suspects. But I'll also be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in Geraldo's sources...that's just me though.
I will not agree that her brother should have run into the woods after seeing the blood. He should have done exactly what he did, IMO. Called 911, and stayed put. By the time he saw the blood, they were long gone.

Do we have any confirmation that she wasn't seen by her parents after 11pm the night before she went missing?

We're going to watch 'Stary Night'......see ya'll later my friends. :)

I don't know if any of what's going on in my brain really makes sense even to me, but lately I've been spending a lot of time contemplating the perp and how he would have picked Holly, why he picked Holly and just generally who he is.

1. I think Holly's chances of being selected as a random victim of opportunity are about nil. Maybe the perp initially picking her at random to fixate on, but not just happening to drive past her house in the middle of nowhere, where you can't see the garage from the road, and deciding to wander up and see if there happened to be a pretty young woman around.

shortened for brevity

Great post, lots of good points.

BBM: The recent case of multiple murderer, former Colonel Russell Williams, did just what you suggest here as implausable.

He drove by his victims' house in a rural area, where her house was set far back from the road, witnessed her excercising in her window, spied on her (probably with night vision goggles and disguised in her back rural yard), and eventually broke in and took her. Not in the daytime, mind you, but it was very rural, he fixated on her beauty, and he hunted her.

His unusual tires left a track in the field beside her house, and LE detected those tires on his vehicle that fit the profile, 1 week later at a roadside check. He had gone to a car wash to vaccuum out evidence. FWIW

Sadly, I am beginning to wonder what direction this case is going to go in the upcoming days. I had high hopes at first, but now am beginning to wonder what is going to happen.

Well it sure dosent seem very promising does it?

Do we have any confirmation that she wasn't seen by her parents after 11pm the night before she went missing?

To my knowledge tonight's Geraldo At Large is the first time we have even heard anything about 11pm.

Personally, I'm waiting for a better source to confirm that.

I gotta go and finish getting things ready for Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! Hopefully we will wake tomorrow and Holly will be at home... :beats:

The other thing is, if the blood found was actually the perp's, LE could possibly be discreetly obtaining DNA from any male's fitting the profile at events like the vigil etc. I don't know if the perp would risk that (if it is HIS blood).

TN is only one of 24 states that takes DNA upon an arrest. THAT DNA is entered into the data base. The full PCR DNA takes longer than just a test for human blood. Let's give the TBI and LE time to figure this out. I have faith in them. I have no doubt the "family" have been told to zip it. They wait, just like "us". I respect that and SO appreciate their silence and not have to read garbage about the family members "body language", etc.

The other states need a "conviction" before DNA is taken. :( http://www.dnasaves.org/
JMO

None whatsoever, was just going off what was posted via Geraldo and his, uh, ahem, *sources*.

Great post, lots of good points.

BBM: The recent case of multiple murderer, former Colonel Russell Williams, did just what you suggest here as implausable.

He drove by his victims' house in a rural area, where her house was set far back from the road, witnessed her excercising in her window, spied on her (probably with night vision goggles and disguised in her back rural yard), and eventually broke in and took her. Not in the daytime, mind you, but it was very rural, he fixated on her beauty, and he hunted her.

His unusual tires left a track in the field beside her house, and LE detected those tires on his vehicle that fit the profile, 1 week later at a roadside check. He had gone to a car wash to vaccuum out evidence. FWIW

Maybe the Colonel is a hero to someone?

I wanted to say something that I've repeated from day one of this search and hopefully everyone will remember it. What LE knows or does not know, is for them to decide whether or not to release the information. I doubt very seriously that they have ANY concern whatsoever of what people are gossiping about on a forum on the Internet. What we hear from them is for a reason. They are entitled to keep quiet on this case and only release what they feel is vital information to be let out to the public. I sure wish that people would stop saying that they "owe" us any answers. They owe us nothing. I can almost certainly say that all they care about is bringing Holly home.

Sorry Daisy, popping in and out. I posted the weather for the days after, and not I can't quite remember, but if I recall correctly they haven't gotten any flooders, less than 2 inches since she went missing correct? I'd take those odds anyday.

I honestly don't know if it matters. I think Geraldo would set his own mother up as a suspect if he thought he'd get more ratings that way, JMHO.

The brother saw her that morning. Maybe some people don't believe him. But the boyfriend got a text from her. Maybe some people think the perp could have sent that. But the neighbor heard her scream IN THE MORNING. So I think all these things taken together speak for themselves and show that it pretty much went down like we've heard...taken against her will from the driveway in the morning by an as of yet unknown person.

Gosh, I'm quite shocked. Makes me wanna drive up there and search but it's 7 hrs away from me.

Am so thankful for these volunteers! Thank you for going there! Praying hard for Holly on this holiday weekend...wish I could help!

I honestly don't know if it matters. I think Geraldo would set his own mother up as a suspect if he thought he'd get more ratings that way, JMHO.

The brother saw her that morning. Maybe some people don't believe him. But the boyfriend got a text from her. Maybe some people think the perp could have sent that. But the neighbor heard her scream IN THE MORNING. So I think all these things taken together speak for themselves and show that it pretty much went down like we've heard...taken against her will from the driveway in the morning by an as of yet unknown person.

I must have missed about the text to the boyfriend. Can someone let me know about this? TIA!

It just makes them look selfish and I don't think they realize it.

I think the money should be going back to the Vols who helped search for Holly.

I think people are going to be very upset if they find out that all that money is going to Holly to do whatever she pleases with it.

Way behind trying to catch up, but
Speaking only for myself here, if I donate money, after expenses are whatever are paid, I don't care what they do with what's left.
When it leaves my hands it's theirs to do with what they please. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member