TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greengreen...since you helped in searches, do you know if holly's cell phone was ever recovered? I understand if you can't say, but had to ask. ;)

If this was against H specifically, is it something she did or saw? If not, wouldn't the abductor be a threat to the community, in that he might strike again?

Not that is being told. But gut feeling right now, I'm going to go with no. Nothing she did or saw. I cannot answer your question about the threat to the community. I believe it was some fruitcake that was obsessed with her. If not, the law needs to be releasing some more information. Soon.

There is one thing I still do not understand about the brothers initial thought that his sister was just walking into the woods with her bf.

Did the boyfriend routinely show up at 7:30 am to see Holly? Because I have a 19 yr old daughter and I have never seen her bf come and visit at that hour of the morning. Even when they went snowboarding she had to call him several times to wake him up and get him in gear. So it seems strange to me that the brother would assume it was her boyfriend. [ unless of course he was in the habit of going hunting there in the early am ..,.do turkey hunters go out at sunrise as a rule?]

I ddon't know if people just don't get this because they are not from here, or don't hunt, I'm unsure about it. Around here, most everybody hunts. Females included. So to show up at 7:30 in the morning and be showing your girlfriend a gobbler you just shot that might have been at the edge of the woods. Not unusual at all.

It's in the last paragraph...the very last sentence of the article.

You might want to refresh the page? At the moment, the article ends with info about the reward and gives phone numbers to contact. Nothing about blood or duct tape.

Not that is being told. But gut feeling right now, I'm going to go with no. Nothing she did or saw. I cannot answer your question about the threat to the community. I believe it was some fruitcake that was obsessed with her. If not, the law needs to be releasing some more information. Soon.

BBM
That would tend to rule out a connection with the attempted abduction of the gal how lived some 40 miles away...

Also - is it possible there is some other motive for the abduction - someone who wants to hurt the family or a family member?

At the recent searches do you know what direction, they are taking next? Not like on a map, but, they seemed to say on Fri. or so, that they might consider starting to move out of state this week, if there was no progress over the weekend.

greengreen thank you for that. I appreciate your input. I hope this puts to rest any suggestions about CB being anything other than a concerned loving brother. How small of a town is this? Does everyone pretty much know everyone? Without naming names, are there individuals that the locals think the police should be scrutinizing more, or do you think this was someone not known to the community?

I am very confused because the link I posted does not mention the blood or the duct tape at all. I do not know where you are seeing this. I have never seen a report that said the duct tape was in the driveway. This is the original link:
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...ern-Decatur-County?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

My apologies, Charlisa. I meant to quote 3doglady's post. Here is the article she posted. Sorry for the confusion! But it does state what i said...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-police-make-significant-find-hunt/story?id=13448569

There is one thing I still do not understand about the brothers initial thought that his sister was just walking into the woods with her bf.

Did the boyfriend routinely show up at 7:30 am to see Holly? Because I have a 19 yr old daughter and I have never seen her bf come and visit at that hour of the morning. Even when they went snowboarding she had to call him several times to wake him up and get him in gear. So it seems strange to me that the brother would assume it was her boyfriend. [ unless of course he was in the habit of going hunting there in the early am ..,.do turkey hunters go out at sunrise as a rule?]

Yes you need to be in the woods while the birds are still roosting. Otherwise your movement will scare them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay