TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While everybody has duct tape, how often do you have to buy it? Not very often at all. Scotch tape and masking tape are bought regularly but not duct tape. Sure everybody knows they have duct tape but who knows when they bought the roll they have? If you're saying that he probably had it sitting around well before the abduction, that's fair enough.

Are there quite a few stores around that would sell duct tape or not?

6 in town. That excludes all of the gas stations. There is a Wal-Mart 20 minutes away as well.

Any WS members interested in following along on Holly's Scanner Thread, can read here.

You must be a Member to read, and nothing posted there is allowed to be discussed here on the main thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134227&page=22

FYI - there's also the News and Information thread which is a easy way to get up to speed if one's new here.

TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20 yrs old, Decatur County, 13 April 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You can tell if it has been there for a while or if it is something new.

That's why I think it's very important for them to find new areas of interest or find things they might have missed. It's been over a week and very soon those things will start looking old.

I am starting to wonder if they called in searchers too fast in specific areas. I think they should have roped off a good portion of where they entered the woods to preserve any foot prints. There HAS to be footprints. There is no way somebody walks through the woods in the spring without leaving footprints. They had to have stepped in some mud or what not. As quiet as they've been, they might already have foot prints that we don't know about. They'd give a direction and type of shoe and could be key in any case in the future.

While everybody has duct tape, how often do you have to buy it? Not very often at all. Scotch tape and masking tape are bought regularly but not duct tape. Sure everybody knows they have duct tape but who knows when they bought the roll they have? If you're saying that he probably had it sitting around well before the abduction, that's fair enough.

I live on a farm in a very rural area of East TN...we go through ducktape like you wouldn't believe. We use it for keeping tent caterpillars off young fruit trees, taping around boots tucked into jeans when clearing brush in the woods, to secure tarps, a million repairs around the farm, the list just goes on and on.

If you live in the city, I would think you wouldn't have to buy duck tape that often...rural areas, quite another story. At least, that's true where I live anyway.

That's why I think it's very important for them to find new areas of interest or find things they might have missed. It's been over a week and very soon those things will start looking old.

I am starting to wonder if they called in searchers too fast in specific areas. I think they should have roped off a good portion of where they entered the woods to preserve any foot prints. There HAS to be footprints. There is no way somebody walks through the woods in the spring without leaving footprints. They had to have stepped in some mud or what not. As quiet as they've been, they might already have foot prints that we don't know about. They'd give a direction and type of shoe and could be key in any case in the future.

The only problem with that is turkey season. There are going to be a lot of prints from hunters. There are still leaves on the ground, lots of limbs, pine needles, etc. Probably not as many footprint as you would think. This is all assuming they were on foot.

I have heard three places as well. LE hasn't confirmed where it was. I think the very first statements were that it was a carport. I haven't heard that one recently.

Who knows? I've heard 3 different places. don't know which one it is.

I haven't had a chance to google earth the location, but I would think if they had a patio on the property, that might be described by some as a carport. Mistakenly, of course, but I've heard people refer to a patio as a carport many times. No idea why that is. :waitasec:

I have heard three places as well. LE hasn't confirmed where it was. I think the very first statements were that it was a carport. I haven't heard that one recently.

I believe it's a matter of terminology....it is my understanding that the attached garage does not have a door and was referred to as a carport.....it is not a stand alone traditional car port.

So tonight they had that last minute search based on a new item found.....they were searching two locations, and I think it looks like those locations are about a mile apart from each other on the west side of 69. Wish sarx were here to tell me if my thoughts are correct, but I'm thinking that whatever was found was likely found on the west side of 69 in between these two locations. I'd imagine they had searchers start from these two locations and search walking towards each other until they met in the middle? Make sense?

Yeeesh!! Yucky stuff!! I doubt that Holly would have wanted to out with anyone who dipped and spit.

You'd Be surprised
I'm stuck I'n Lousiana and a Lot of people dip it's disgusting but even the cute boys do!
Def a culture shock for me

According to this, search started by LE within 45 minutes of abduction...

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

I wonder if that means the first arriving officers walking around and checking things out? Hard to believe a full scale search was in progress that fast, especially if there was about a 30-minute delay between abduction and arrival time of first responders as we heard at one point. It would take a few minutes to talk to brother again, have him show them the blood and where she went into the woods, etc...and more time for searchers to show up. I think the abductor had at least a 45-minute head start, if not longer. If a car was parked near an exit from the woods, that could translate to many miles.

>>snip<<

Either way they are looking in an area where I'd execpt either a perp would setup to monitor his victim pre-attack (arrival dates etc), or perhaps a trailway from the home to the other address mentioned by Nunley.

A cigarette butt, dip spit, maybe a piece of gum, or any of her belongings.

By George, I think you might be right

I wonder if that means the first arriving officers walking around and checking things out? Hard to believe a full scale search was in progress that fast, especially if there was about a 30-minute delay between abduction and arrival time of first responders as we heard at one point. It would take a few minutes to talk to brother again, have him show them the blood and where she went into the woods, etc...and more time for searchers to show up. I think the abductor had at least a 45-minute head start, if not longer. If a car was parked near an exit from the woods, that could translate to many miles.

Yeah...I kinda tend to agree with you on that. I would think that it would take at least a little while to get the statements, do a preliminary search of the immediate area and then to get a search organized.

Although I don't live in TN I am in the deep south, I just glanced around and have 6 partial rolls of Duck tape, I have a roll in all three vehicles, some in the shop and the barn. I have bought 4 new rolls in the last 3 weeks. Duck tape is great stuff and I use it for all sorts of things. I guess it is a "geographical thing" because I bet if I went to any of my neighbors (and for the record in the country neighbors can be 7 miles away with 30 other "neighbors" between) they would have several rolls as well. You can buy duck tape at literally ANY store around here.

Not only the speed at which the search got going, but how quickly other agencies became involved, how quickly the governor increased the reward, along with how tight-lipped LE is - all have me thinking there is something about this case that we don't know!
May I'm wrong, and that's okay since these efforts are all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member