TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:sigh: This is the first time I've been able to check in here today. I was hoping to see some news. I hope you guys are safe. We've had bad storms here in SE TN. Been to the basement twice already and they just issued another tornado warning. :thud:

Stay safe!

In the Jackson sun it says Saturday evening to Sunday morning, hence my thinking there was 2 items. Also if it was on the radio that MORNING (Sunday), there would have had to have been 2 items.

Not trying to be argumentative. Really. :)

In my mind I was thinking that the tip via phone line came in sometime Sat. evening-Sunday. I was thinking maybe the person just left a message on the tipline and there was no way to confirm exactly what time the call was made, therefore the Sat-Sunday timeline.

Hmmm...will be interesting to find out.

Has anyone thought that this could have been done by a young,possibly cranked out, kid who is getting help covering up by an adult after the fact?

Why do the "tweets" from Wil Nunley no longer have time stamps on them?
Did I accidentally change a setting or something? I don't know anything about twitter, but I used to be able to tell when his comments were made.

:sigh: This is the first time I've been able to check in here today. I was hoping to see some news. I hope you guys are safe. We've had bad storms here in SE TN. Been to the basement twice already and they just issued another tornado warning. :thud:

NE TN here, DNeecie, and we're going down hill fast. Now issuing hail/flash flood warnings.

Stay safe my TN brothers and sisters!

Has anyone thought that this could have been done by a young,possibly cranked out, kid who is getting help covering up by an adult after the fact?

Why do the "tweets" from Wil Nunley no longer have time stamps on them?
Did I accidentally change a setting or something? I don't know anything about twitter, but I used to be able to tell when his comments were made.

Mine all say 1 hour ago lol
they used to say 3 secs ago 5 hrs ago lol
now they are all 1 hr ago

My friend who lives close to Jackson, Mississippi told me today that their town tornado siren has gone off 5 times today already and it is still bad there. Nerves are frayed.

Please be safe!

My house is 2900 square feet and honestly? I was happier with our last house, which was half that!

In my mind I was thinking that the tip via phone line came in sometime Sat. evening-Sunday. I was thinking maybe the person just left a message on the tipline and there was no way to confirm exactly what time the call was made, therefore the Sat-Sunday timeline.

There is no way a message or a tip could come in and no one would know the time... esp if it was a message but i think these tip lines are manned 24/7
they are toooooo important to leave to a message machine. ans machine

JMO

There was an incident a few years ago where LE was looking for some guy for a few years and couldn'f find him when they knew he had been in the area. He had avoided being caught for a long time. The guy had dug a bunker in the woods and hid out in the bunker. Wonder if this is the same sort of situation? TN's woods are so dense and I feel for the searchers down there because there are snakes everywhere. Hope they find Holly soon.

Maybe this is the guy you're remembering: Eric Robert Rudolph, Olympic Park Bomber and Abortion Clinic Bomber, hid out in the Appalachian Mountains for several years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph

There is no way a message or a tip could come in and no one would know the time... esp if it was a message but i think these tip lines are manned 24/7

JMO

When I was looking around in TBI a week ago on the weekend, it was all tape machines....but maybe some of them were out on the scene.

from left field, I'll throw one or two out:

Hostage situation - attempts to negotiate a deal for himself before he gives up ... an unharmed Holly as his bargaining chip for a lesser charge?

An accomplice who is willing to turn on the kidnapper for the reward money ...
:waitasec: The guy's an idiot if he's trying to negotiate a lesser charge than kidnapping assuming Holly is alive and well. I don't know why but that makes me laugh thinking about it......what "charge" would be acceptable to him I wonder and make him turn over Holly and give himself up? He should be happy ALL he's gonna be charged with is kidnapping at this point.....again, assuming she's alive and well.

Sorry Emma.....not trying to be snarky at all.....it just struck me as funny for some reason :D

Oh I know you weren't! I wasn't either. Just trying to figure out which report is right and my guess is that we will never know lol Of course there is not a link to the radio announcement. Maybe they realized the error because the Jackson sun it looks like has consolidated their article. Who knows.

JMO

I'm not so sure. I saw a comment on FB that said this person had left a message on the tipline and hoped it was followed up on. Not the person who made the particular call in question, but another local who left a tip. I also followed the Kyron case and I know a recorded tipline was used there as well, and then the LE returned phone calls.

ETA: I'm sure the time is known, but maybe they didn't want to disclose the exact time of the call for whatever reason?

I'm not so sure. I saw a comment on FB that said this person had left a message on the tipline and hoped it was followed up on. Not the person who made the particular call in question, but another local who left a tip. I also followed the Kyron case and I know a recorded tipline was used there as well, and then the LE returned phone calls.

Wow i would have never thought that? here i thought ppl manned the phones 24/7... they have enuff volunteers..

Well that would be interesting if someone did leave a tip late Saturday night/early Sunday morning claiming to know where HB was, that she was alive and that something of hers could be found near Eaton St. So LE send searchers to that location at daybreak, just in case there's something to this tip, and they actually find what the caller suggested they would find.

That would certainly make LE stand up and take notice regarding the direction of the investigation and make them concentrate more on the suspect I would think.

MOO

News channel 3 Memphis just reported that investigators are getting closer.....members of the family as well as others close to the family have had their finger and palm prints taken.

News channel 3 Memphis just reported that investigators are getting closer.....members of the family as well as others close to the family have had their finger and palm prints taken.

I hope that's to rule them out and not in. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members