TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I've heard that locals say that if they find out who did this, they would love to take matters in their own hands. And just maybe they might.

And another reason why the POI(s) names have not been released. And I am fairly confident they do have POI(s). IMO

It has been stated many times it would be better for LE to find him than a local.

Wow, that article says "dragging her BODY towards the woods". That's a lot different viewpoint than someone holding her arm and leading her towards the woods.

Thanks for the link. I always assumed Holly came out the front door, was accosted and led down that walkway shown in the photo to the woods. I thought the view on Google of the back of the house showed mostly pasture and an above ground swimming pool or a large tank behind the house.

Ok here is a picture of the front of Holly's house. It is picture 6 out of 6 in the slide show.

Assuming that is the front door, it looks possibly that there is some sort of garage or enclosed area to the left (blocked by a tree).

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...er-abducted-daughter-knew-routine-1337765.php

I think this is the driveway... the house is set far back.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201104...om-home?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

There seems to be some distance between the house and the tree line. A while back some overhead (helicopter?) photos were posted.

Community going after the perp?

Angry mob... get your torches! get your rakes!

mob.jpg
[/IMG]

I would imagine there is a lot of tension in the community for a variety of reasons.

There are some more pics on here somewhere. I think it was in the link a mod posted right before she closed the thread in the past day or two. It showed he whole area. The first picture makes sense with what I was told that the carport had been enclosed into a room. I'm sure the family had called it the carport for so long that that did not change. That would fit with the theory of home invasion IMO, and still with the brother saying the carport and that is where the blood is.

some of the very first statements I read said she was assaulted in her garage and would tie with the original home invasion description. ie being assaulted in an enclosed area would be "in" at least part of the home. But I have heard car port used to describe a slab around the corner? where they parked their cars.

Angry mob... get your torches! get your rakes!

mob.jpg
[/IMG]

I would imagine there is a lot of tension in the community for a variety of reasons.

Thinking about it even more, this is a small community and they have ties to each other in many ways and know a lot about each other. This type of crime has probably never happened in that town before. Now one of their own has caused the disappearance of another one of their own from a respectable family and that would surely make a lot of people irate and want to take matters in their own hands.

I want to go back to the other day when greengreen said that he was told that the situation is like a "powder keg." I've also read elsewhere that the situation is "volatile."

Volatile and Powder Keg is really the same terminology so really they confirm what each of the people are saying.

Now if Holly's parents are in the fact in the know who is responsible (I truly feel they do) and knowing that they have LE standing on guard outside their home 24/7, what is the theory that would coincide with the terms "powder keg" and "volatile?"

In my mind 'volatile' and 'powder keg' mean life is in danger. Holly's, I suspect.

Wow, that article says "dragging her BODY towards the woods". That's a lot different viewpoint than someone holding her arm and leading her towards the woods.

Thanks for the link. I always assumed Holly came out the front door, was accosted and led down that walkway shown in the photo to the woods. I thought the view on Google of the back of the house showed mostly pasture and an above ground swimming pool or a large tank behind the house.

There seems to be enough distance between the house and the tree line that if you saw someone entering the woods they would be some distance away from you. Maybe up to 50 yards?

I want to go back to the other day when greengreen said that he was told that the situation is like a "powder keg." I've also read elsewhere that the situation is "volatile."

Volatile and Powder Keg is really the same terminology so really they confirm what each of the people are saying.

Now if Holly's parents are in the fact in the know who is responsible (I truly feel they do) and knowing that they have LE standing on guard outside their home 24/7, what is the theory that would coincide with the terms "powder keg" and "volatile?"

My first thoughts after hearing those words were:

1). Ransom
2). Obsessed, unbalanced kid who fancies himself in love with Holly.

things that mke ya go HMMMMMM!

I think Hollys family need someone outside their home just to keep everyone away.. Im not reading anything into that...
What i think is maybe some ppl in that community have made up their own minds who did it and maybe are threatening some guys? \
JMO

I agree that a good part of the reason for the 24/7 guard is to keep people away. I just wondered if there was another reason after hearing those two terms being used.

sbm
DENNIS: Yes, absolutely. I mean, that lunchbox and knowing that that is definitely hers gives investigators and search teams a critical piece of evidence. Someone was in that area. Now we need to go and start spiraling out from there and expanding our search from that area.

There's also something in investigation called concentric circling.
Speaking of the lunchbox.....maybe I missed it somewhere along the line but I thought the lunchbox was the only item found on the 14th. According to the 4/16/11 TBI Media Release:
Some of Holly’s personal belongings were found on a roadside Thursday night.
bbm
The plural suggests more than one item of hers was found. Doesn't change anything really but I did find the wording interesting. Wonder what else of hers they found?

sbm

Speaking of the lunchbox.....maybe I missed it somewhere along the line but I thought the lunchbox was the only item found on the 14th. According to the 4/16/11 TBI Media Release:
bbm
The plural suggests more than one item of hers was found. Doesn't change anything really but I did find the wording interesting. Wonder what else of hers they found?

LE has only specifically identified the lunch bag. They ahve said otehr items were found, including something on Easter. We know, for example, duct tape was found. But it has not been confirmed to belong to the case.

IMO, those two terms could easily go along with the theory of a kidnapping for ransom. Play along with the kidnapper or else............

Yet kidnappings for ransom are extremely rare (despite tv and movie plots). I can't think of a lot of real genuine cases compared to fake ones (Zahra Baker, Jonbenet Ramsey, etc.) Even the Lindberg baby was a fake attempt since the baby died/was killed the night of its abduction. I think the same was true with the Leopold and Loeb kidnapping. They killed the kid and came up with the ransom note idea later so they could help out in the police search, etc. Both those crimes took place what 80 years ago?

Yet kidnappings for ransom are extremely rare (despite tv and movie plots). I can't think of a lot of real genuine cases compared to fake ones (Zahra Baker, Jonbenet Ramsey, etc.) Even the Lindberg baby was a fake attempt since the baby died/was killed the night of its abduction. I think the same was true with the Leopold and Loeb kidnapping. They killed the kid and came up with the ransom note idea later so they could help out in the police search, etc. Both those crimes took place what 80 years ago?

True, but if we are dealing with an unbalanced young person here (and I personally think that's the case), then perhaps a kidnapping for ransom attempt isn't so far of a stretch, kwim?

I agree that a good part of the reason for the 24/7 guard is to keep people away. I just wondered if there was another reason after hearing those two terms being used.

it very well could be!
And the only ppl that can difuse this situation Is LE and they are not saying nuttin !

What do we know so far on day 15

Holly is missing! Nothing more!

LE has only specifically identified the lunch bag. They ahve said otehr items were found, including something on Easter. We know, for example, duct tape was found. But it has not been confirmed to belong to the case.
I remember the duct tape (not a personal belonging) and know about the Easter day find I was just wondering what other personal belongings they found on the 14th when the lunch bag was found. Of course I realize LE will not release that info so I guess it's really a mute point. Sounds like the guy was definitely getting rid of her things as he was driving down the roads though.

I'm really, really trying to hold on to the hope she's still alive somewhere but for some reason it just dawned on me.....him disposing of her personal belongings doesn't bode well for her survival. If his intent was to "keep" her seems like he'd have let her keep her things also.

On the other hand.....IF she's still alive and with the perp, I wonder what he's doing about clothing her? Also, at some point, she's going to need feminine supplies. Maybe those in the stores in the area need to keep an eye out for a male purchasing female sanitary products. Sounds kind of silly but something to think about.

Maybe she wasn't kidnapped for money, but for some other type of demand. Holly is being held hostage until they are met. Would there be any significance to evidence being found around Easter?

I would tend to agree, in our community recently a Marine was killed in Afghanastan. That "church" in KY had a press release saying they were coming here to boycott the funeral. Well lets just say none of them made it the funeral to boycott. There are alot of things that took place all of which were legal we just don't discuss it. We like to think we take care of our own and stand for what is "right". Even if that means we have to "handle" one of our own for not doing what is right.

OMG i hate that group! Im glad you ppl kept them out!

I would tend to agree, in our community recently a Marine was killed in Afghanastan. That "church" in KY had a press release saying they were coming here to boycott the funeral. Well lets just say none of them made it the funeral to boycott. There are alot of things that took place all of which were legal we just don't discuss it. We like to think we take care of our own and stand for what is "right". Even if that means we have to "handle" one of our own for not doing what is right.

OT: That is funny you mentioned this, my boyfriend and I watched a documentary on that family...he was telling me about that event. It's nice to see a community band together for a cause they believe is right :)

Ok taking a break here. This stresses me too much even when nothing is happening. Take care y'all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay