TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also do not think this is more than one abductor. Would be very surprised if it turns out to be otherwise, if we ever know, that is.

I have a god idea too. Maybe they are not telling local LE because local LE can't keep a secret?????

I think that's a good possibility. As well meaning as some people are, some are just more inclined to talk about things. I remember like the 3rd or 4th day of this, I was on Facebook and there was a girl on there posting on her own Facebook that her fiance's dad was a searcher and he told her that Holly was in one of the ponds near the house. She stated that "everyone here knows it...its just a matter of time."

I couldn't believe the gall of this girl OR the stupidity of someone saying that to someone who has a big mouth.

I'm not one to mince words, but with this girl I went beyond even that and told her what a true piece of work she was (only not in those kind of words) for repeating what someone said in a case such as this. I'm just not into drama and HATE rumors, so I guess she got more than just a piece of my mind!

was just talking to a buddy in law enforcement that has absolutely no connection to this case at all, whatsoever and is in an entirely different state.

But his point was interesting that in some cases especially in rural areas the reason things are kept quiet by agencies like the TBI, CBI, State Police/AG is because they aren't just trying to keep information from suspects but also from local enforcement/authorities etc.

When I was younger a friend of mine crashed a car and someone we all knew and loved died in the accident. We all knew the real story behind the accident as we were there but magically the richest and most connected family in town had all the records vanish from the hospital for the driver. They were "lost" so there was no way of convicting the driver of doing what this person was doing. Instead the families of the victims were paid and the driver got a few years probation. I remember there being a lot of anger at the time.

I wonder if something along those lines is in play here on either a religious angle, local authorities and what not.

It's funny you should say this. When I asked my husband what he thought of the term powderkeg, his first response was along the lines of politically/socially touchy subjects. Then he went on to say, it's when you don't want things to blow up in your face by not being carefull with what you say. Lastly he said that they wouldn't want to endanger the victim by releasing the wrong information.

Hi all,

Just checking in after work and some chores here,,,when Ichecked the few times at work I di not see anything new.

All I can say is I just don't know, I just do not have an opinion on this one, can't figure it.

This is MOO, but I really think TBI must have a vewwy vewwy good reason for not releasing those 911 calls. And I find it even more intriguing that they woen't even identify who made the other call. Only that it was a woman. Now clearly, they have their reasons for keeping that to themselves. I can't imagine why they wouldn't admit it if it was the Mom who called. So I begin to think the caller or the call must be more interesting than that. Either the call came from Holly herself,someone that hasn't yet been identified as a witness to something or perhaps the "neighbor" not only heard the scream but also saw something they don't want released yet.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about that angle. Thanks,

BBM ~ I never would have thought of that - good thinking.

It's funny you should say this. When I asked my husband what he thought of the term powderkeg, his first response was along the lines of politically/socially touchy subjects. Then he went on to say, it's when you don't want things to blow up in your face by not being carefull with what you say. Lastly he said that they wouldn't want to endanger the victim by releasing the wrong information.

This one!

Do we know which private land was searched, around the area, and which was not? If anyone refused a search, I would think it would send up huge red flags, to TBI, as well as to the community, no?

I think if anyone refused LE would be getting a search warrent and watching that property like hawks.
But really I can bet they have checked everyplace imaginable.

Hmm.. transparency in government. Well, do I think we should know how government is spending our money? Yes. Do I think we should know whenever elected officials meet and that they should not get to make backroom deals that are crooked? Yes. But do I think tranparency in government also means the police should have to tell me the details about a criminal case? No, my feelings about transparency don't go that far. Otherwise, we could have an Olymphic Park Bomber situation on our hands. Your mileage may vary of course.

As to the press, I have long thought the press acts rather like a pack of dogs. They chase a bone to one end of the room, barking away. Then someone pulls out a juicier bone and they all take off the other direction, still barking away. I don't think we can depend on them to help clarify much, if anything.

However, I do think when TBI is ready and has all their ducks in the proverbial row, most of our questions will be answered.

You seem to have read a great deal into my post that was just not there.

But if you're happy to do that, I'm happy to let you.

Who needs a free press anyway, eh? Just let us trust in authority.

I have a good idea too. Maybe they are not telling local LE because local LE can't keep a secret?????

I think maybe it's not just confined to LE...shared through the church and whatever else. In some sense it DOES make sense to me now. They were frustrated by leaks many days ago.

This is MOO, but I really think TBI must have a vewwy vewwy good reason for not releasing those 911 calls. And I find it even more intriguing that they woen't even identify who made the other call. Only that it was a woman. Now clearly, they have their reasons for keeping that to themselves. I can't imagine why they wouldn't admit it if it was the Mom who called. So I begin to think the caller or the call must be more interesting than that. Either the call came from Holly herself, someone that hasn't yet been identified as a witness to something or perhaps the "neighbor" not only heard the scream but also saw something they don't want released yet.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about that angle. Thanks,

Consider that the Bobo house is guarded 24/7. The brother is the only "witness" that could identify someone. Maybe they are protecting the id of the other caller for their safety?

I think it's someone connected and they're keeping quiet for a reason.

Remember when we were researching if there had been any other abductions around the same time that Holly was abducted, either in TN or in surrounding states? And we read about that young man who emerged from the Smoky Mountains National Park who said he had been abducted? And we know that it turned out that he wasn't telling the truth?

http://www.theapexherald.com/view/f...se-report?instance=secondary_news_left_column

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-Smokies-now-charged

Wonder what really happened there. He supposedly was on his way to Bible college when he said he was abducted. His dad is a police officer.

Wonder why one of my links went away. Here's another:

http://www.garnernews.net/view/full...ng-Fuquay-Varina-man?instance=home_news_lead#

Missing Fuquay-Varina man charged with making false report
Fuquay Varina Independent

Wake County Sheriff officials found 20-year-old, missing person Caleb McLoud Tutor. Tutor, the son of a Fuquay-Varina police officer, was last seen on April 14, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. He was found in another state.

The Wake County Sheriff's Office has determined that there was no kidnapping. Deputies have charged Caleb Tutor with filing a false report to police.

If LE does not use volunteer searchers anymore, you can pretty much bet they are on the trail of the perp.
I can't think of any reason they would want civilian's to help look for the perp.
Find the location of the perp, find info on Holly's whereabouts, hopefully, or Holly, hopefully.
If LE does not ask for help, it's because they don't need it.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned ( I read all the threads, but with all the info its hard to keep track) but from what I've googled :rocker:,
911 calls in TN are public record. They are trying to pass a law to seal them, but I didn't find anything that stated it had been passed. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how can LE deny access to them?

ETA: Found an article that it "passed" on 4/21/11. 911 calls are still public record BUT only with the written consent of the person making the call (in this case the brother).

http://www.purplelawfirm.com/blog_n...nate-votes-to-prevent-broadcast-of-911-calls/

Not sure if this has already been mentioned ( I read all the threads, but with all the info its hard to keep track) but from what I've googled :rocker:,
911 calls in TN are public record. They are trying to pass a law to seal them, but I didn't find anything that stated it had been passed. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how can LE deny access to them?

If its like Florida they dont HAVE TO release them during active investigations. THey are usually rleased here after its resolved.

The investigation can pre-emptively deny access to public records based on their belief that doing so could jeopardize the investigation or witnesses or victims, etc ....

Once investigation is over ... they must release...

In what way? A fellow student?

In any number of ways. The reason I asked the question in such a general way is because I've tried to explore every possible way her medical training might be the key here, and I was curious to see what others had thought.

I've considered that perhaps Holly knew that someone in her class was involved in drugs, and was going to (or had) turned them in. I've wondered if she had maybe turned a professor for something. I've even thought about the possibility that someone injured another person in the commission of a crime (or an accident where they were at fault), and needed medical assistance from HB because they couldn't risk seeking medical help from a doctor. You name it, I've thought it.

None of those scenario's rang true to me, UNLESS I added in the word "obsessed". An obsessed professor? Okay, I could see that. An obsessed student? Yep, I could see that too. But I started looking at this medical training angle as a way to step outside of my theory that whoever took her was obsessed with her, and try as I might...I just keep coming back to that.

Maybe I have tunnel vision. I don't know. :waitasec:

was just talking to a buddy in law enforcement that has absolutely no connection to this case at all, whatsoever and is in an entirely different state.

But his point was interesting that in some cases especially in rural areas the reason things are kept quiet by agencies like the TBI, CBI, State Police/AG is because they aren't just trying to keep information from suspects but also from local enforcement/authorities etc.

When I was younger a friend of mine crashed a car and someone we all knew and loved died in the accident. We all knew the real story behind the accident as we were there but magically the richest and most connected family in town had all the records vanish from the hospital for the driver. They were "lost" so there was no way of convicting the driver of doing what this person was doing. Instead the families of the victims were paid and the driver got a few years probation. I remember there being a lot of anger at the time.

I wonder if something along those lines is in play here on either a religious angle, local authorities and what not.

Having grown up in a small, rural Appalachia town and also having spent most of my adulthood in small rural areas, I know exactly what you are getting at. Crimes just disappear.

However, there is a huge gap between covering up drunk driving (even though it resulted in a death) and covering up a kidnapping / possible murder that has made national headlines.

I think your greatest point was made in your second paragraph. TBI does indeed suspect it is someone local, perhaps even someone local who is 'well connected'. The rumor mill in a small town would almost ensure that anything leaked by police would make its way back to the perp.

Having grown up in a small, rural Appalachia town and also having spent most of my adulthood in small rural areas, I know exactly what you are getting at. Crimes just disappear.

However, there is a huge gap between covering up drunk driving (even though it resulted in a death) and covering up a kidnapping / possible murder that has made national headlines.

I think your greatest point was made in your second paragraph. TBI does indeed suspect it is someone local, perhaps even someone local who is 'well connected'. The rumor mill in a small town would almost ensure that anything leaked by police would make its way back to the perp.

this TBI hush due to small-town dynamic theory ... makes sense to me too.

loose lips sink ships.

and TBI doesn't want to be in the position of criticizing local LE either ... so it's probably a mutual respectful hush over the investigation ... TBI needs the goodwill and cooperation of local LE to be effective in a small town, I would imagine...

plus, the potential for vigilante action (as some locals have indicated) on speculation or rumor...

all that social/cultural/political sticky stuff's pretty powderkeggie...in a small town.

Lots of entertaining books are based on that topic. :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member