TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any links about the scripture that was/is supposedly on the t-shirts that were/are being sold? I've been searching my butt off for any links referencing Holly's favorite bible verse being on the shirts. I came across a brief reference to it on WS and didn't save the link. I ran across a mention of her favorite verse on this site http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804
Quote:
While in middle school, Bobo was elected “best liked” by her classmates, reported Bromley. Her favorite verse is Philippines 4:13, he added.
but still find the details rather vague on all this. Just wondering how it all evolved and how we got wind of it in the first place .

I'm trying not to think too much about the verse location (4:13) but it IS kind of hard to forget about it. Just a coincidence?

greengreen....have you seen the t-shirts? Do you know if, and what, scripture is on the back of them?

I have one on. It's Philippians 4:13. I started wondering about church too as bad as I hate to say it.

Oh.

On the "lighter" side.

We did see a photo of Holly's College.
It was bigger than my house. But it's not bigger than greengreen's.

And Holly's favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13, which is a favorite scripture for many.

There's a nice TV interview with the head of TBI from yesterday, I think. He was excited about the significant find.

Apart from that, we've been shamelessly complaining and wondering out loud about everything we know nothing about and trying to dream up good reasons TBI won't tell us anything, and generally thinking good thoughts for Holly and her family.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Rumors Holly was found

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

I'm carrying this over from the last thread....**a mod has cleared us to discuss this. Thank you!

Okay....let's CONSIDER for a minute that Holly was safe and that LE has not made the information public in order to detain the suspects.

I mean, if Holly is safe, wouldn't she be able to lead LE right to those involved?

Under what circumstances, considering the above, would we still NOT know the suspects or persons of interest?

While I would love for her to be safe, I can't see how a move would not have been made by now. Why would LE take such a big risk? Can we brainstorm/discuss this?

Does anyone have any links about the scripture that was/is supposedly on the t-shirts that were/are being sold? I've been searching my butt off for any links referencing Holly's favorite bible verse being on the shirts. I came across a brief reference to it on WS and didn't save the link. I ran across a mention of her favorite verse on this site http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804
Quote:
While in middle school, Bobo was elected “best liked” by her classmates, reported Bromley. Her favorite verse is Philippines 4:13, he added.
but still find the details rather vague on all this. Just wondering how it all evolved and how we got wind of it in the first place .

I'm trying not to think too much about the verse location (4:13) but it IS kind of hard to forget about it. Just a coincidence?

greengreen....have you seen the t-shirts? Do you know if, and what, scripture is on the back of them?

I have one on. It's Philippians 4:13. I started wondering about church too as bad as I hate to say it.

Mucho thanks for that info green :blowkiss:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Rumors Holly was found

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

Now what I'm trying to avoid is us discussing rumors. Bounce off of this article and use it to discuss the fact that the TBI is saying they have no information indicating she is either alive or dead and that Holly has not been found.

You can discuss the TBI's comments and what it makes you believe however.

I think they are onto something and being very cautious but I think it is clear they at this point don't know if Holly is alive or deceased.

green green and other locals:

Have the volunteer searchers been kept only searching areas that are are in the open or in the woods in groups? Leaving abandoned enclosures and interior locations up to LE and professional searchers to search, due to the potential of locating a possible hideaway or crime scene that would be a much higher risk factor to searchers?

I am sure this amazing community has been impacted greatly and while they would normally be hunting, most are out looking for Holly when they can-has there been a ban on turkey hunting in this county and other perimeter counties while the search is ongoing? Maybe to preserve possible evidence and keep the searchers safe? I know the weather has been awful lately, but when it is betterare people not hunting, or are they encouraged to do so if they wish and report if they spot anything unusual?

Also, does anyone know if the Bobos have a dog and if so, if it is an indoor or outdoor pet?

Thanks, sorry if these have been asked and answered before-trying to catch up but sooo many posts I cannot keep up with all info!

Personally I have looked everywhere. Roadside, fields, woods, abandoned structures and structures that were not abandoned but were not attached to a house we would ask the owner if it was ok.

I think there might have been a few people hunting. That first weekend it is doubtful anyone was that is a local. Last weekend was Easter so Sunday probably was not a big hunting day anyway. Weekends are obviously the more common time to hunt. There was one turkey hunter and they found his car with camo in it and a warm hood. I bet he didn't go back turkey hunting after they found him lol I would think anyone that hunts in the areas that are being searched is not hunting. It's not like you are going to see a big gobbler walking by with hundreds of people trampling through the woods.

I do not know about a pet.

Hope we hear something more soon... interest in the case is waning which is too bad.

I've come full circle with this and am back to asking myself.....why take her on a Tuesday? Between 7:30-8:00 am?.........in the middle of nowhere practically :waitasec:.

That is why I think the brother is innocent. No one expects a crime to be commited at this time in the morning. If he heard something unusual while in the shower, the sound would be muffled and who thinks a crime is being comitted at this early time of day in sunlight???

If the Bobos doo have dogs (I asked and someone said yes recently), I think the dogs were kept indoors (esp since it is hunting season) it is possible the brother was in the shower and sounds were muffled. I think the dogs were inside and have a better sense of sound/smell and heard a struggle outside and barked and tried to alert CB. CB may have glanced out the window to see what caused the dogs to bark AFTER he got out of the shower (but who thinks a crime or abduction at 7-8 am in a rural area). He could have glanced out the window, thought he saw Holly and her BF walking into the woods, no biggie-dogs were letting him know someone not living in the house was there-may not be uncommon during hunting season when other people and ATVS may be common. In the meantime, he could have started his morning ritual, put in contacts, clothes, hair, got ready and went into a main area of the house where the dogs are kept and seen the dogs still acting oddly or howling/going crazy scratching at the door and this tipped him off they were still upset over something-maybe they were scratching at the door to go out. He opens the door to take them out to see what is bothering them so badly-maybe just an animal in his mind, maybe he notices Holly's car is still there, and if there were just small "specks of blood" maybe the dogs sniffed and led him to the blood-would also explain how he found a small amount of blood not easily visible to the human eye-esp from a window-if it is true it was just a very small amount of blood. The dogs could have led him to it and it would explain how he found a tiny amount of blood (the dogs found it and led him to it-he did not spot it)and then realized the problem-for those who wonder how he could have seen a tiny amount of blood on his own. Dog senses of smell and hearing are so much incredibly stronger than humans. As someone who has owned many dogs and considers them family for 20 plus years, this is exactly how I could see this play out. Anyone that owns dogs knows that at least the alpha dog who is in protection mode has certain different barks he/she use to alert to danger or creatures or people on the dog's property and the alpha dog will bark and get attention until he/she gets you to pay attention to the needs or follow until the dog can show you what is so upsetting to him/her-even if just a squirrel-the alpha dog is trying to alert you to something. If the Bobos do have dogs, I think they could have heard a struggle and tried to alert CB that morning and eventually helped lead CB outside with their strong sense of smell or jut upset howling where he noticed the blood and car still there. Add in the dogs acting crazy, spots of blood. and his brief spotting of Holly and the man near the woods he initially thought was the BF, he then knew something was terribly wrong and called family and/or 911.

Sorry if this has been discussed before-new here on this thread and I have tried to follow for the past three days and thousands of posts-it would take me a month to catch up.

Now what I'm trying to avoid is us discussing rumors. Bounce off of this article and use it to discuss the fact that the TBI is saying they have no information indicating she is either alive or dead and that Holly has not been found.

You can discuss the TBI's comments and what it makes you believe however.

I think they are onto something and being very cautious but I think it is clear they at this point don't know if Holly is alive or deceased.

I heard a rumor that grandmaj posted some rumors and told us not to discuss them. :waitasec:

:skip:

:eek:kay:

:gomods:

it's a thankless job, but you guys do it so well
and thanks anyway.​

I heard a rumor that grandmaj posted some rumors and told us not to discuss them. :waitasec:

:skip:

Dang....now you got me worried if I was posting rumors......roflmao :waitasec:.

Well, there really is not much else to discuss at this point...just going back over everything already discussed :(

Geez, I'm slow.
Favorite verse 4/13
abducted 4/13
weird

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't much care for this statement.

It negates the idea that the Easter find has anything to do with giving an indication that Holly may be alive.

But why did she preface it all with "To My Knowledge"? :sleuth:
Like, that's one of the world's biggest qualifiers and/or disclaimer preface clauses. They train you to talk like that in Statements and Depositions 101. Also in Consulting work.

:banghead:

I notice she said "is" - which is absolute - and so, of course, she must say they have no absolute indications.

If she had said "may" in place of "is", we'd have a different statement. Possibly.

BeanE would just beat on me if she was here. But she's not. I hope she knows she's missed.

I never got the impression from Sunday that there was evidence that Holly was alive, with whatever was found...does anyone have a link to someone saying that? Thanks. (I thought there was optimism simply because something new was found, after many days of nothing...and the hopes it would be lead somewhere.)

Well, there really is not much else to discuss at this point...just going back over everything already discussed :(
I truly hate to admit it but.....you are right. I kind of feel like though if I/we stop talking about her the energy of the investigation will start to wain as well. I know it's been 2 weeks and the odds are generally not good for victim survival BUT.....for some reason......I believe it's possible she is still alive. There have been many, many searches and nothing dire or indicative of a murder has shown up....as far as we know, so that's a positive.

It appears the searches/focus seem to be more concentrated in the Darden/Parsons area and have not moved outward from that area as far as we know. Does that tell us something?

I never got the impression from Sunday that there was evidence that Holly was alive, with whatever was found...does anyone have a link to someone saying that? Thanks. (I thought there was optimism simply because something new was found, after many days of nothing...and the hopes it would be lead somewhere.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN Holly Bobo case- pics only- no discussion

Hi clu!

You may have seen this newscast already, but I'll just link it here for the thread.

The TBI rep interviewed was very optimistic about the investigation because of the "significant find" and agreed it could be a game-changer.

He didn't say it was evidence that Holly was alive.

Oh.

On the "lighter" side.

We did see a photo of Holly's College.
It was bigger than my house. But it's not bigger than greengreen's.

And Holly's favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13, which is a favorite scripture for many.

There's a nice TV interview with the head of TBI from yesterday, I think. He was excited about the significant find.

Apart from that, we've been shamelessly complaining and wondering out loud about everything we know nothing about and trying to dream up good reasons TBI won't tell us anything, and generally thinking good thoughts for Holly and her family.

My 2nd laugh for the day. Guess I should have told y'all how big my house is lol

I truly hate to admit it but.....you are right. I kind of feel like though if I/we stop talking about her the energy of the investigation will start to wain as well. I know it's been 2 weeks and the odds are generally not good for victim survival BUT.....for some reason......I believe it's possible she is still alive. There have been many, many searches and nothing dire or indicative of a murder has shown up....as far as we know, so that's a positive.

It appears the searches/focus seem to be more concentrated in the Darden/Parsons area and have not moved outward from that area as far as we know. Does that tell us something?

I don't know if it tells us anything or not. If she was taken in a car, as seems likely, why stay in the area? Makes no sense. If the items were disposed of to make LE think they are in the area, it is working. And meanwhile, he could be in California, with Holly left along the way or still with him.

I like to have faith in LE, but so many cases that seem so promising suddenly screech to a halt, it is frustrating. There is just no way to know if they are on a valid trail or just think they are.

After 2 weeks I think I am just as lost as Holly because of the lack of information:maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member