TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it again, cuz I couldn't even guess where my post was on it....

It's not possible that there was no scent there, just that the dogs couldn't work their way out of all the other trails. By that I mean it's her house, there are scent pools belonging to her all over the place. Now it's an issue of training and LE K9 aren't generally trained for this kind of personal contamination (meaning the dozens/hundreds of "trails" that she made all over the property everyday she walked out of the house).
Couldn't a/the dog follow the most recent scent trail though?

Not sure if you mean me grandmaj (from #61) as I am new and trying to be careful...?

I tried to put "I guess" in there a lot if that helps :)

That works your post is OK. Sometimes I see things like she is in a cave. Or the man that has her is in his 50's. There is nothing wrong with theorizing that these things could be the case, but we just must make sure people understand it is theory and not fact.

Hope that explains it better for everyone. Let's just try to say it is theory when it is, or word it that it is your opinion or thought.

Not sure if you mean me grandmaj (from #61) as I am new and trying to be careful...?

I tried to put "I guess" in there a lot if that helps :)
:floorlaugh:
Too funny dotnet. Welcome to WS :seeya:.

That works your post is OK. Sometimes I see things like she is in a cave. Or the man that has her is in his 50's. There is nothing wrong with theorizing that these things could be the case, but we just must make sure people understand it is theory and not fact.

Hope that explains it better for everyone. Let's just try to say it is theory when it is, or word it that it is your opinion or thought.

Thanks for clarifying. When I first started reading the threads, I wondered, "why does everyone write JMO and MOO obsessively? It obvious it's your opinion" Now I realize it is to prevent rumors. I can see how others might come here and believe people are writing actual fact.

--that's me...too 'er funny. Its like being in jr high all over again. Do I have gum in my hair?

I'm finding it hard to believe that if there was information out there that was going to be leaked that they would go to this local radio host. I think he's just hearing rumors and he's telling folks what they want to hear. I want to hear it. I'm glad he said it because it kept hope alive but I'm not sure it's got any basis in fact.

I suppose, for me (in my opinion, there are one of two things going on:

1.) LE knows very little and they are pretending to know more than what they do so that the perp feels the pressure.

or (and I hope it's this one)

2.) They're hot on the heels of who did this and it's just a matter of time until we know that they've known a lot all along.

My sister was saying that perhaps that the reason that the 911 tape hadn't been released was because there may be a new law in Tennessee that disallows the releasing of 911 calls in the state. Anyone know if that's correct? I hadn't heard that but I don't live in Tennessee anymore (hence my name.) :)

I really think that if we don't know something by the end of the week that we won't know anything for a long time. I am really prayerfully hopeful that LE is on the ball and this is all working out behind the scenes in a way that we'll be thankful for later (and that the Bobos will be thankful for later.)

I'm finding it hard to believe that if there was information out there that was going to be leaked that they would go to this local radio host. I think he's just hearing rumors and he's telling folks what they want to hear. I want to hear it. I'm glad he said it because it kept hope alive but I'm not sure it's got any basis in fact.

I suppose, for me (in my opinion, there are one of two things going on:

1.) LE knows very little and they are pretending to know more than what they do so that the perp feels the pressure.

or (and I hope it's this one)

2.) They're hot on the heels of who did this and it's just a matter of time until we know that they've known a lot all along.

My sister was saying that perhaps that the reason that the 911 tape hadn't been released was because there may be a new law in Tennessee that disallows the releasing of 911 calls in the state. Anyone know if that's correct? I hadn't heard that but I don't live in Tennessee anymore (hence my name.) :)

I really think that if we don't know something by the end of the week that we won't know anything for a long time. I am really prayerfully hopeful that LE is on the ball and this is all working out behind the scenes in a way that we'll be thankful for later (and that the Bobos will be thankful for later.)

The law would not have affected their 911 calls. So I was told. It has passed the House but not the Senate or something like that.

Green green? Couple of questions...Do you have any idea which direction Holly was being led away into the woods? If I am looking at the aerial shot of her home I can see the carport in the backyard. Did he lead her to the back, front, left or right? I am trying to figure out the direction because I think he probably parked somewhere that would be a quick escape in case he had been spotted. Do you know which road someone like that would take to flee the area? There had to have been lots of people in the area awake and/or traveling to work at that time of the morning. I understand if you can't say or don't want to speculate. This case is driving me nuts!!

I still have a bad feeling about the Worlds Largest Coon Hunt that was held in the area the weekend before this happened. Did she work at this event or attend?

I sincerely believe that she has a better chance of survival if she does not know her abductor. Of course, if someone wanted her that bad and knew her, I feel he wants to keep her for himself. I do feel she is alive...MOO I dont believe LE has any idea as to whether she is alive or otherwise though. I can only hope that no stone is being left unturned!!

Why would they release the 911 calls is what I keep thinking when people mention it? If they release them it would certainly give tons of people something to talk/speculate about, but it could not possibly help them find Holly.

LE are able to listen and evaluate that information. If they heard something fishy they would take that into account, if they didnt hear anything fishy its because there is nothing that they havent gone over and explained.

If I were doing the investigation I wouldn't release it either. All it could do is cause all kinds of distracting speculation and possibly do more emotional harm to the family. On the other hand if there were something fishy about the family to be gleaned from the 911 call then I would release it as the extra pressure might help me in interrogation.

I have to think if they had a suspect, even a suspect in mind (POI) they would be interrogating the blue-blazes out of him, and if he had "lawyered up" as some suspect they would be finding angles to harrass him, search what they can, etc.

--As you say IMO :)

I hope tomorrow is the day that they find her. Fingers crossed!

I'm sitting here listening to the rain and thunder, cringing with every lightning flash and wind gust and I can't get Holly off my mind. I want her to be alive, I hope she is dry, sheltered and pray that she is ok. I can't get her off my mind tonight!

(Also thinking about the many people devastated and killed by this horrific
storm..)

Green green? Couple of questions...Do you have any idea which direction Holly was being led away into the woods? If I am looking at the aerial shot of her home I can see the carport in the backyard. Did he lead her to the back, front, left or right? I am trying to figure out the direction because I think he probably parked somewhere that would be a quick escape in case he had been spotted. Do you know which road someone like that would take to flee the area? There had to have been lots of people in the area awake and/or traveling to work at that time of the morning. I understand if you can't say or don't want to speculate. This case is driving me nuts!!

I still have a bad feeling about the Worlds Largest Coon Hunt that was held in the area the weekend before this happened. Did she work at this event or attend?

I sincerely believe that she has a better chance of survival if she does not know her abductor. Of course, if someone wanted her that bad and knew her, I feel he wants to keep her for himself. I do feel she is alive...MOO I dont believe LE has any idea as to whether she is alive or otherwise though. I can only hope that no stone is being left unturned!!

LE has never said which direction they were headed. In my head I thought the back, simply because woods are normally behind your house. However their house is wooded all around. So I have no idea.

I didn't see her at the Coon Hunt but that does not mean she was not there. There were thousands of people there.

FWIW I believe she is alive and so does everyone that I have talked to here. It's such an odd feeling.

Wouldn't there be some leak in town if someone was being interrogated or had obtained a lawyer or if any search warrants had been issued? It seems media would be able to find out any warrants, etc...

I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

On the left bottom side is the Bobo residence and then heading northward to the Gooch Rd area where the lunch container was found. From there a bit further northward and then curve back east/southeast to 69. South down 69 right in front of 100 Eaton and the college campus. It looks like a long trip but as you can see I noted on the side of the map.....it's only about a 15 mile, 30 minute drive.

Wonder if this person very quickly hid her somewhere, along the route, then proceeded on their way to get to class, or work, before say 9-10 a.m.ish AND was tossing out evidence all along the way :waitasec:.

Here's the link to hollye's interactive map as well http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....694946,-88.031731&spn=0.173707,0.333366&z=12

LE has never said which direction they were headed. In my head I thought the back, simply because woods are normally behind your house. However their house is wooded all around. So I have no idea.

I didn't see her at the Coon Hunt but that does not mean she was not there. There were thousands of people there.

FWIW I believe she is alive and so does everyone that I have talked to here. It's such an odd feeling.

It sure is a unique situation there - that all the locals believe she is alive. Usually there's some kind of split with the locals.

Your collective hope gives the rest of us some hope, so it's good with me greengreen.

And as we know, Holly's family will never give up hope - Please don't worry about creating false hope for Holly's family by believing Holly could survive this ordeal.

I believe they call it faith. 4:13 Philippians

Why would they release the 911 calls is what I keep thinking when people mention it? If they release them it would certainly give tons of people something to talk/speculate about, but it could not possibly help them find Holly.

LE are able to listen and evaluate that information. If they heard something fishy they would take that into account, if they didnt hear anything fishy its because there is nothing that they havent gone over and explained.

If I were doing the investigation I wouldn't release it either. All it could do is cause all kinds of distracting speculation and possibly do more emotional harm to the family. On the other hand if there were something fishy about the family to be gleaned from the 911 call then I would release it as the extra pressure might help me in interrogation.

I have to think if they had a suspect, even a suspect in mind (POI) they would be interrogating the blue-blazes out of him, and if he had "lawyered up" as some suspect they would be finding angles to harrass him, search what they can, etc.

--As you say IMO :)

I don't believe there is anything fishy about the family. I do believe possibly the abductor's name is given away in the phone call.

It sure is a unique situation there - that all the locals believe she is alive. Usually there's some kind of split with the locals.

Your collective gives the rest of us some hope, so it's good with me greengreen.

And as we know, Holly's family will never give up hope - Please don't worry about creating false hope for Holly's family by believing Holly could survive this ordeal.

I believe they call it faith. 4:13 Philippians

This one made me cry. This man stole the community's innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member