TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt SCRUTINIZING i was wondering if maybe he HEARD something outside like voices a car door slamming heck no one even knows what room hes in
I was just wondering if he heard something that made him look.
This exact question had been on my mind in the beginning as well, Eileen. It was my thought that something may have happened to cause him to look at the window at the exact time to see Holly being led away into the woods. I am in a rural area myself and have been here in this same place for 25 years on 5 acres and a long driveway. In summertime/spring cannot see neighbors houses. Only time I usually look out a window is if I hear someone come up the driveway or maybe once in a while to see deer or the birdfeeder. Guess I'm not very observant or rather dull otherwise LOL. I did not consider it odd he looked out, but just had wondered what caused him to look at the time he looked.

Ok here goes! I have been thinking about this for a long time!

Something had to make Clint look outside. Im sorry 24 and 25 yr old kids dont stand and look at the trees in the morning lol first of all their rooms are like caves lol... With my son he has his tv on 24 hrs if hes home . he also wears his i pod ear thingies in his ears..N e wayz.. Im not sure what would make him look outside... me calling him by name would!

If he was getting ready for work or whatever he does something had to make him look out... did he hear the door slam.. Did he hear voices???? Was he expecting someone to come pick him up?

Whatever it was something made him look out that window!

Just some thoughts!

It could be something as simple as he got out of the shower and was looking to see if his sister was gone so he knew rather he needed to wrap in a towel or not before he ran down the hall to his room.

I bet you look out the window far more than you realize you do...

JMO -

I was kindof thinking that if a passerby saw an object along the side of the road, he/she would have to be alerted to it by something. The pink t-shirt would be visible and the fact that it was reported that Holly was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt would draw someone's eye.

OldSteve:

Holly's father is in the tree trimming business.
(I'll get a link if I need to, but I'm sure someone will get back on here with the link that has already been posted upstream in the threads.)

When I thought of the tree trimming business, my mind went to:

I wonder if they have logging there, and if so, I posted: Wonder if they are searching on logging roads? No one answered. But later I did read in an article, that the searchers are searching ATV trails and logging roads.

The reason I ask is obvious, and there have been many cases where perps. have gone down logging roads to leave their victims.

Thanks for this info! I wonder if his business would be the kind where workers would normally meet him at his home in the early morning before going out on a job.... perhaps around the time HB normally would be leaving for school...

Hi all,
I've been lurking since the second day of these threads. Question: Where is the link to the basement thread? I've been apart of WS for about a year but rarely post so I am unsure of this.

My theory on this is that Holly was clearly lead away by someone she is familiar with. It seems to me that this man was "trying to show" Holly possibly a turkey that he killed etc. Looking at the maps its entirely possible that he had a planned get a way with her. I want to believe that she is still alive but at the same time I don't think she is. It tells me a lot that LE has stuck to searching within the town. I wish they would release more information to the public because we really honestly don't have much to go by. It seems that we are just going in circles now, which is a problem.

As far as the items that have been found...it is possible that it is the perp trying to screw up the investigation. There have been cases where the perp has helped LE (Zahra Baker) to find things they may need. I think that the perp in this case is starting to think they have gotten away with though. And that makes me livid to think that someone is walking around town thinking they have gotten away with it. Any way that's just my two cents.

Also, I have a friend who has just finished her last year in nursing school (she graduates in about three weeks), and I was wondering what year Holly was at as of right now? I know that, according to my friend, you have to do a lot of on site exams at the hospital towards finals. Is it entirely possible that someone at the hospital she was working/interning at maybe got a little obsessed with her and then started planning this whole abduction thing?

Hi! Its actually the Parking Lot, although no threads for Holly right now. We also have the Scanner Thread in the Parking Lot as well. Here are the links...
The Parking Lot
Scanner thread for Holly

We must continually keep in mind that while we wish that we had more info to go on, LE could care less what people on a chat forum are wishing for. They don't release information according to the wants and needs of people who are theorizing from a faraway place. Their goal is to bring Holly home and nothing else. What seems silly to us is obviously being done for a reason. What might seem an "obvious" observation to us might be far from the truth. I don't fault LE at all for anything they've done so far because we don't know what's being done. I think that when Holly is found, we will be able to look back and talk about what LE should or should not have done.

I think that they might found her cell phone and with searchers on their hands and knees I think they were looking for sim card.

Okay, I guess I'm not supposed to post the link, but Holly's father owns Bobo's Timber Service, Inc. established in 2010.

Back to the morning of the abduction.
As far as I can tell the theory has been that the brother saw Holly being led to the edge of the woods. It would help if we had more information knew which direction the brother was looking out the window. Was the carport and driveway in view? Supposedly we are lead to believe they either walked or took off through the woods on an ATV and at a later point Holly was put into a car and whisked away. What was done with the ATV, did the perp leave it behind or take the time to trailer it off?
I have had a nagging question in the back of my mind but what if the perp parked at the Bobo property, maybe even in the driveway. Holly could have put up a fight which caused the blood in the carport at that time, which would explain why no further blood evidence found trailing to the woods and would also explain why search dogs also stopped at the tree line.
Is it possible clint saw Holly and perp outside which seemed innocent then jumped in shower? The perp walks her back to the carport where she resists and Clint heard the scream or commotion in his own driveway?

JMO and nagging questions

Ya know wide i was thinking about a car also the house has this road that goes from the road down that long road to the house and all the way around to the back of the house where that little parking area is, does that road lead out thru the back too? to maybe another road? i need pics again lol

Oh I dont think clint heard a scream the neighbor did!

Back to the morning of the abduction.
As far as I can tell the theory has been that the brother saw Holly being led to the edge of the woods. It would help if we had more information knew which direction the brother was looking out the window. Was the carport and driveway in view? Supposedly we are lead to believe they either walked or took off through the woods on an ATV and at a later point Holly was put into a car and whisked away. What was done with the ATV, did the perp leave it behind or take the time to trailer it off?
I have had a nagging question in the back of my mind but what if the perp parked at the Bobo property, maybe even in the driveway. Holly could have put up a fight which caused the blood in the carport at that time, which would explain why no further blood evidence found trailing to the woods and would also explain why search dogs also stopped at the tree line.
Is it possible clint saw Holly and perp outside which seemed innocent then jumped in shower? The perp walks her back to the carport where she resists and Clint heard the scream or commotion in his own driveway?

JMO and nagging questions

LE has said where they believe Holly and the suspect went into the woods. Oddly they said indirectly they knew where he/they came out of the woods. Fairly early on, in an interview, LE stated they knew the entry and exit points to the woods.

Clint did not hear the screams that was an unidentified woman/assumed to be neighbor. It is not known the exact timeline between the brother's 911 call and the woman's.

I don't think they walked into the woods (which Clint saw) then came back to the car port then walked back to the woods again.

I do not believe the suggestion that an ATV was used. Given that the suspect seems to have driven away on main roads (since items have been found in at least two locations off the road) I would assume he was in a car or truck. You would not drive around with a captive sitting on the back of an ATV.

My initial theory that I still believe is the suspect had a car/truck parked in the tree line or on a path/trail behind the tree line and in easy access.

I'm not sure how LE gets a free ticket here, at two weeks and counting, with so little given, and much of that given in a manner not only erratic but also open to interpretation because of its vague nature. We wish for transparency in all government dealings, but to view LE's performance to date is like staring into frosted glass. But my greatest criticism I direct to the press, not for its factuality in reporting what has been said, but for its apparent recalcitrance to probe further into what has been done.

I keep thinking about the word "gamechanger" and wondering why it was used. There seemed to be a much more optimistic feeling after that word was put out there.

I'm wondering if the Bobo family could have gotten an anonymous phone call requesting ransom money. It could have been done from a throwaway phone and I'm not sure how traceable those are. This would explain the need for protection around their house and give hope that Holly is still alive. This could also be the reason LE has tightened their lips and is not giving any press conferences.

I keep thinking about the word "gamechanger" and wondering why it was used. There seemed to be a much more optimistic feeling after that word was put out there.

I'm wondering if the Bobo family could have gotten an anonymous phone call requesting ransom money. It could have been done from a throwaway phone and I'm not sure how traceable those are. This would explain the need for protection around their house and give hope that Holly is still alive. This could also be the reason LE has tightened their lips and is not giving any press conferences.

BBM, that actually makes a lot of sense to me. As soon as a I read that I got this feeling in my gut that this could be the case. I know that LE are keeping things quiet for a reason but there have been cases in the past that in the end...keeping quiet did nothing to help anyone. Hopefully this is not one of those.

IDK... it wasnt LE that used the gamechanger word. It was I believe a reporter asking about it and LE kindasorta said yeah maybe... I recall a day or so later it was also reported the find may not be significant as was first thought. And also that whatever it was would not be made public. SO its all very frustrating and unusual.

A ransom call would certainly change the direction of the investigation and give hope that Holly is alive.

911 calls

WSMV.com*reported that authorities said the 911 center received two phone calls the morning Holly was abducted - one call was from Clint, the other was from a woman police did not identify.

It is well-known that Clint called 911, but it has not been confirmed who made the second call.

Asked to confirm if the neighbor called 911, Helm said, “I’m unaware that a neighbor made a 911 call.”*

The assumption has been that Holly’s neighbor heard Holly scream and called 911 on the morning of Holly's abduction.*

Asked to confirm when the TBI got involved in Holly's case Helm said, "We got the call within 1-2 hours after the 911 call [made by Clint Bobo] was made."

I'm quoting that from the examiner article someone linked to earlier in this thread.........it has been my understanding that Karen Bobo got the call from Clint while she was at school and both she and Clint called 911...... Where I remember that from, I don't know....

LE has said where they believe Holly and the suspect went into the woods. Oddly they said indirectly they knew where he/they came out of the woods. Fairly early on, in an interview, LE stated they knew the entry and exit points to the woods.
----------------------------
I know that in a news report on video, can't wade through everything right now to find it, that one of the very first things LE did is determine what the ingress and egress points were from those woods, as in roads, be they trails, dirt or paved roads.

If LE knows the egress point, they can probably tell whether it was a car, truck or ATV by the tire imprint size.

Wasn't the word gamechanger actually used by the interviewer? not the spokesperson. If I am not mistakes, I believe the interviewer asked the spokesperson if this find could be a gamechanger. The spokesperson kind of agreed, but don't think he actually used that term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat