TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What might they be searching for? Maybe a cig butt thrown out the window as someone was driving into or leaving work?

I'd also thought that maybe they searched that entire stretch of road on their hands and knees and this just happened to be where the photographer took the photo of them.

Could be significant, could be nothing. Welcome to the Holly Bobo case...

Why a cigarette butt? There could be dozens, even hundreds of butts up and down the road, and unless someone saw Holly in the car with the perp, and saw him throw that butt out the window and got out and flagged the location... how is that going to help them? So are they going to test DNA on every cigarette butt they found on that stretch of road? And if they do... how is that going to find Holly or the kidnapper? What would they compare it to? Doesn't make sense. No offense intended, just trying to think logically.

I don't know what they were looking for out there, but my guess is, it was something personal of Holly's... her cell or parts of it, a piece of jewelry, a shoe, a purse or wallet... something that might lead them to her.

I gotta give you that one Eileen. Camo is pretty common in MI too, ( I know shock and awe, LOL), and if that's what someone sees, that's the description. A guy wearing camo is going to be described as a guy wearing camo. Maybe a blond/brunette/redhead guy wearing camo, but that's about all you're gonna get.

Exactly its very Generic!!!!
also ill bet he had a hat! brim pulled down covering his face!

I cant see a stranger he would grab someone in a diff spot i dont think he would come to her home. way to dangerous unless it was a woman living alone.
here there are 4 ppl living in this home... a stranger wold not take that chance jmo

I really believe she knows this guy...

the million dollar question is Is she alive?

I hate to say it, but reading between the lines of LE saying that the search will begin to look more closely at a suspect in her disappearance, all I'm seeing is that there will be less focus on looking for Holly herself. Tells me that LE doesn't think they can find her without the suspects help...which after two weeks, I am inclined to agree. Somebody, just bring her home.

bbm.. I agree with you, kids. I also think the spokesperson statement about -...beginning to look for suspects... - is TBI's way of saying there will be less active searching for holly. without coming right out with those words.

Why a cigarette butt? There could be dozens, even hundreds of butts up and down the road, and unless someone saw Holly in the car with the perp, and saw him throw that butt out the window and got out and flagged the location... how is that going to help them? So are they going to test DNA on every cigarette butt they found on that stretch of road? And if they do... how is that going to find Holly or the kidnapper? What would they compare it to? Doesn't make sense. No offense intended, just trying to think logically.

I don't know what they were looking for out there, but my guess is, it was something personal of Holly's... her cell or parts of it, a piece of jewelry, a shoe, a purse or wallet... something that might lead them to her.

I dont think its cig butt's either. Its something substantial. what would a girl carry off to school in the morning?

Purse? maybe not...
Wallet ? yes def.
Lipstick or lip glosss? Most def!
Keys? yes.
Cell? without a doubt.

She could have put all these things in that lunch tote that was found instead of carrying a purse too. Maybe the lip gloss is in her pocket. Her cell was probably in her hand.. No kid puts it down....
Mine are texting at dinner lol.

So my guess its lip gloss or the cell. JMO

With some flooded roads and water levels rising, law enforcement authorities have decided to suspend the use of volunteers to help look for Holly Bobo.

another snip

The search still centers on several places scattered around northern areas of the county.

"Anything new that comes up we can react, but as far as volunteers we're not reorganizing them until the (flooding) stabilizes," said Lt. Brad Wilbanks with the Tennessee Highway Patrol on Wednesday.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110428/NEWS25/104280313

more at link
(((((morning peeps!)))))

I gotta give you that one Eileen. Camo is pretty common in MI too, ( I know shock and awe, LOL), and if that's what someone sees, that's the description. A guy wearing camo is going to be described as a guy wearing camo. Maybe a blond/brunette/redhead guy wearing camo, but that's about all you're gonna get.

LOL I'm not a hunter & i have camo hats & pants & I'm in MI. The area I'm in is big on hunting. I always do a double take when i see (during season) hunters walking w/ thier guns to or from their vehicles. I always get compliments on my hat. It's funny, it looks authentic military but i bought it at meijers for my youngest boy for 5$.

My problem w/ the description of the camo is that it comes in multiple colors. Grey, greens, browns. If the general public is to BOLO I'd like to know specifics. Even hair length &/or color. imo

Ok here goes! I have been thinking about this for a long time!

Something had to make Clint look outside. Im sorry 24 and 25 yr old kids dont stand and look at the trees in the morning lol first of all their rooms are like caves lol... With my son he has his tv on 24 hrs if hes home . he also wears his i pod ear thingies in his ears..N e wayz.. Im not sure what would make him look outside... me calling him by name would!

If he was getting ready for work or whatever he does something had to make him look out... did he hear the door slam.. Did he hear voices???? Was he expecting someone to come pick him up?

Whatever it was something made him look out that window!

Just some thoughts!

LOL I'm not a hunter & i have camo hats & pants & I'm in MI. The area I'm in is big on hunting. I always do a double take when i see (during season) hunters walking w/ thier guns to or from their vehicles. I always get compliments on my hat. It's funny, it looks authentic military but i bought it at meijers for my youngest boy for 5$.

My problem w/ the description of the camo is that it comes in multiple colors. Grey, greens, browns. If the general public is to BOLO I'd like to know specifics. Even hair length &/or color. imo

This is true i forgot about that LOL im not up on my camo fashion!
shame it wasnt military and the guy had his name on it LOL

I'm thinking LE not looking more for Holly and more for a suspect tells me that she is probably gone. :(

I think if LE even had the slightest inkling that Holly was still alive, they would worry less about nabbing the suspect and focus more on bringing Holly back home alive.

I just want ppl to find her so that her family can have a proper funeral.

I don't want the Bobo family to have to wait years in order to pay their final goodbyes to their daughter.

(like Brooke Wilberger's family had to do).

I'm thinking LE not looking more for Holly and more for a suspect tells me that she is probably gone. :(

I think if LE even had the slightest inkling that Holly was still alive, they would worry less about nabbing the suspect and focus more on bringing Holly back home alive.

I just want her ppl to find her so that her family can have a proper funeral.

I don't want the Bobo family to have to wait years in order to pay their final goodbyes to their daughter.

(like Brooke Wilberger's family had to do).

bbm...I agree. Either someone within LE or the DA themselves, makes a final decision that all of LE must follow.

and I believe that person has decided LE's focus will now be finding evidence to bring to the DA as opposed to finding holly.

I dont think she is alive either.

I just wish they would find her. I think everything going on is a diversion.
it keeps them from looking for Holly they are on their hands and knees looking for scraps....when she is out there somewhere. I still believe she is close to her home where she screamed. I wish they would go back there.

Maybe they need cadaver dogs.
JMO

Ok here goes! I have been thinking about this for a long time!

Something had to make Clint look outside. Im sorry 24 and 25 yr old kids dont stand and look at the trees in the morning lol first of all their rooms are like caves lol... With my son he has his tv on 24 hrs if hes home . he also wears his i pod ear thingies in his ears..N e wayz.. Im not sure what would make him look outside... me calling him by name would!

If he was getting ready for work or whatever he does something had to make him look out... did he hear the door slam.. Did he hear voices???? Was he expecting someone to come pick him up?

Whatever it was something made him look out that window!

Just some thoughts!

The very first day we heard that he had thought he "heard voices outside" or something to this effect. I couldn't find it for you, but I definitely remember hearing it. And, all 24 and 25 year olds are not the same. I have a son-in-law who works for Family Services and is 25 years old. He has a child and works, he's not sitting in a cave or wearing earpods. I think that's mostly a lot younger boys and just a few are still doing it at that age. Heck, some are still doing it at 30. But I don't agree that a 24-25 year old would not be looking out the window. You had already said this in a previous thread and someone from a similar area had told you that they have stood at their window drinking their coffee since they were a young man. Places surrounded by the beauty of nature is not like a suburban area. We have woods behind our house and I always stand at the window and look out. Granted, I'm not 25 years old. But, I don't see anything at all suspicious about this.

I dont think she is alive either.

I just wish they would find her. I think everything going on is a diversion.
it keeps them from looking for Holly
they are on their hands and knees looking for scraps....when she is out there somewhere. I still believe she is close to her home where she screamed. I wish they would go back there.

Maybe they need cadaver dogs.
JMO

bbm... I respectfully disagree. I think they are conducting an investigation into finding Holly. I do not see anything as a diversion. Just because there are no current volunteer searches does not mean that LE is not searching areas of interest on their own..

The entire thing is about Holly... whether that being finding/developing persons of interest, running down leads, using volunteers when they need them...

Jmhoo the investigation is all about finding Holly.

I hope they find her soon as well.

The very first day we heard that he had thought he "heard voices outside" or something to this effect. I couldn't find it for you, but I definitely remember hearing it. And, all 24 and 25 year olds are not the same. I have a son-in-law who works for Family Services and is 25 years old. He has a child and works, he's not sitting in a cave or wearing earpods. I think that's mostly a lot younger boys and just a few are still doing it at that age. Heck, some are still doing it at 30. But I don't agree that a 24-25 year old would not be looking out the window. You had already said this in a previous thread and someone from a similar area had told you that they have stood at their window drinking their coffee since they were a young man. Places surrounded by the beauty of nature is not like a suburban area. We have woods behind our house and I always stand at the window and look out. Granted, I'm not 25 years old. But, I don't see anything at all suspicious about this.

Totally agree! My 25 year old son is in grad school and rents a house in a wooded area, he tells me all the time about the wildlife he sees there as he gazes out the window. Nature is beautiful and sometimes even the young enjoy it and seek it out. I don't think it unusual at all that Clint looked out the window.

Totally agree! My 25 year old son is in grad school and rents a house in a wooded area, he tells me all the time about the wildlife he sees there as he gazes out the window. Nature is beautiful and sometimes even the young enjoy it and seek it out. I don't think it unusual at all that Clint looked out the window.

Yes. I think that it's hard for a lot of people to understand life in a rural area and how people really are a bit different in their "ways" than those in the big city. I grew up in a big city in California and now live in Nashville, but I lived in rural areas for a lot of my life in between (Alaska) and can tell you that its just a different kind of life. I don't fault anyone because they don't understand it. I can't understand a lot of things about big city living, and I live in one! :D

LOL im not talking about married or men with kids im talking about 25 yr olds still home LOL a diff creature lol sure they have jobs but mom feeds them does the laundry lol I did not mean to classify all the same I apologise.

I guess it is diff we live in a gated community we have turtles and gators frogs lol my kids are not impressed lol

LOL im not saying my kids dont look out their windows but its not a dail ymorning thing LOL ...

Our poor thread is grinding to a halt. Please, LE, give us something....anything....to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb