TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Identifying persons of interest

CBS reported, "Tennessee law enforcement officials say that the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo is narrowing, as they begin the process of identifying persons of interest in the case."

An email was sent to Kristin Helm, the spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, Wednesday to confirm the CBS report.

This was Helm's response: "No, that's incorrect. What I told the reporter was that our investigation was narrowing, there was no mention of a person of interest.

"Meaning that there's a lot of things we know now that we didn't know ten days ago and that our investigation is more focused. We are currently still following all leads."

This article denies MSM reported information. Above is just one example. Misreporting and various TBI retractions and subsequent attempts by reporters/bloggers to "correct MSM" in this case are beyond aggravating.

Who knows if this article, dispelling inaccuracies, is accurate? It attempts to be a thorough review of fact vs. rumor and it does contain some documented info - all in one place.

Like Carla said, worth a read.

While I'm out today I'll get several more boxes of Morton's. I hear when it rains (lots of that lately), it pours.

Keeping Holly in my thoughts.

I believe the interviewer did use the word "gamechanger" and the spokesperson more or less agreed. He did not say "no, it is not a gamechanger" and I would take that as being in agreement.

Wasn't the word gamechanger actually used by the interviewer? not the spokesperson. If I am not mistakes, I believe the interviewer asked the spokesperson if this find could be a gamechanger. The spokesperson kind of agreed, but don't think he actually used that term.

OK, found my source for the: exits and entrances, egress points, tire tracks, etc.:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

MARK GWYN, DIRECTOR, TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: We feel like the person that`s responsible for Holly Bobo`s disappearance lives in this area just because of the terrain and where she was abducted from.

You would have to know where you were going, the entrances, the exits in order to do this.

BRAD DENNIS, DIRECTOR OF SEARCH OPERATIONS, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: That should be the very first place that the investigators and search managers looked at from the beginning days, was what was the egress routes away from that home through those woods? Where was the vehicle accessibility points and check those areas out for tire impressions.

I don't think it was ever stated by LE that they knew the specific entry and exit points that the abductor and Holly took.

This exact question had been on my mind in the beginning as well, Eileen. It was my thought that something may have happened to cause him to look at the window at the exact time to see Holly being led away into the woods. I am in a rural area myself and have been here in this same place for 25 years on 5 acres and a long driveway. In summertime/spring cannot see neighbors houses. Only time I usually look out a window is if I hear someone come up the driveway or maybe once in a while to see deer or the birdfeeder. Guess I'm not very observant or rather dull otherwise LOL. I did not consider it odd he looked out, but just had wondered what caused him to look at the time he looked.

Exactly maybe he heard her go out the back door? the door slammed.
I just think something made him look out.
Heck i dont know what door she went out! Im assuming!

For some reason, I thought she exited the front door and was accosted on the drive and led down the path or drive in front of the house to the woods.
I think I may have just surmised this from google photos of the house posted on here.

Exactly maybe he heard her go out the back door? the door slammed.
I just think something made him look out.
Heck i dont know what door she went out! Im assuming!

Just because someone wears camo does not mak ehim a hunter! JMO
I think that was just a diversion. and it worked how do you desribe a person in camo?

The guy was wearing camo LOL

No, the camo had nothing what so ever to do with why that was the first thought that jumped into my mind. I live in TN, everyone wears camo...even babies and little old ladies. LOL! I think the hunter thing jumped into my mind because he came out of the woods. Who knows? Like I said, I always get stupid visuals of places I haven't actually seen. It's just a quirk of how my mind works. I even do it with books I read. Later, when a movie is made from the book, I'm always furious because they don't get the look of the location right. *giggles* But anyway, I just mentioned those first thoughts as an aside really. Another poster asked if anyone had considered that the blood found might not be human, and I was simply replying that, yes, I had considered that, but that I considered it more because of that quirk of my brain function, rather than based on any factual info. :)

OK, found my source for the: exits and entrances, egress points, tire tracks, etc.:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

MARK GWYN, DIRECTOR, TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: We feel like the person that`s responsible for Holly Bobo`s disappearance lives in this area just because of the terrain and where she was abducted from.

You would have to know where you were going, the entrances, the exits in order to do this.

BRAD DENNIS, DIRECTOR OF SEARCH OPERATIONS, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: That should be the very first place that the investigators and search managers looked at from the beginning days, was what was the egress routes away from that home through those woods? Where was the vehicle accessibility points and check those areas out for tire impressions.

I don't think it was ever stated by LE that they knew the specific entry and exit points that the abductor and Holly took.

Thats not the dialogue I was thinking. The words entrance and gress were used specifically. Basically it was something like this PARAPHRASED... Q to LE Do you know where they entered the woods? Yes at this time we know the entrance and egress points.

So, if they found tire tracks at the egress point, did the molds of the imprints and compare them for example to the area alongside the road where the duct tape was found, other evidence was found or for example, track marks on logging roads, and if they match, it might be possible to chart a route?

LE has said where they believe Holly and the suspect went into the woods. Oddly they said indirectly they knew where he/they came out of the woods. Fairly early on, in an interview, LE stated they knew the entry and exit points to the woods.

Clint did not hear the screams that was an unidentified woman/assumed to be neighbor. It is not known the exact timeline between the brother's 911 call and the woman's.

I don't think they walked into the woods (which Clint saw) then came back to the car port then walked back to the woods again.

I do not believe the suggestion that an ATV was used. Given that the suspect seems to have driven away on main roads (since items have been found in at least two locations off the road) I would assume he was in a car or truck. You would not drive around with a captive sitting on the back of an ATV.

My initial theory that I still believe is the suspect had a car/truck parked in the tree line or on a path/trail behind the tree line and in easy access.

Thanks Carla,
Do you have a link to the article where LE stated they knew the entrance and exit points? I do remember speculation on this but never read the interview.
So Holly screams as he is putting her in his truck? (???)
The neighbor calls Bobo's out of concern and that compels clint to check on status and he finds blood at carport?

I guess I am trying to put a logical series of events in this using the few facts we have, and I need to purge my brain of all the rumors.

I have been optimistic and felt Holly was alive until the last few days, now I am becoming concerned. Reporting ( or lack of ) and information is starting to appear ominous and all the odd tidbits we are hearing just aren't coming together for me.

I'm going in circles, what do all you ol'timers here call that?

JMO

"You would have to know where you were going, the entrances, the exits in order to do this.

BRAD DENNIS, DIRECTOR OF SEARCH OPERATIONS, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: That should be the very first place that the investigators and search managers looked at from the beginning days, was what was the egress routes away from that home through those woods? Where was the vehicle accessibility points and check those areas out for tire impressions. "

There is SO VERY LITTLE that we know on this case! It's very frustrating. For all we do know, maybe LE (if entrances and exits are known) already has some evidence picked up from there.

-watch the full interview re:game-changer. TBI was rather enthusiastic, but it was just a voice interview. :shrug:

-I go to the window when the dog's out there barking ...this has been mentioned before quite a few times. Is the dog barking at leaves, my neighbor getting in the car, a pesky squirrel, or is someone here?

Hi All-

There were some questions yesterday about an Amber Alert being issued for Holly since she is over 17. Hopefully this may help clarify...

Suzanne's Law (named after Suzanne Lyall, missing from the State University of New York at Albany since 1998) was signed by President Bush in 2003 and requires that LE immediately enter any missing person 21 or younger into NCIC, and notify the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

http://www.achildismissing.org/suzanne.asp

There were too many young people between 17-21 that were falling through the cracks of the system, so this was the fix. This does not automatically mean an Amber Alert will be issued (or should be), but it is an option if the case fits the need for one.

There was an Amber Alert issued for Holly however I do not know which agency it originated from. Amber Alerts are posted for 10 days at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (linked below) and then available by searching their missing children database.

www.missingkids.com/

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Carla,
Do you have a link to the article where LE stated they knew the entrance and exit points? I do remember speculation on this but never read the interview.
So Holly screams as he is putting her in his truck? (???)
The neighbor calls Bobo's out of concern and that compels clint to check on status and he finds blood at carport?

Man its been two weeks more or less. I imagine it was posted here back then. I watched mostly mainstream vids too so Fox, CBS etc. I don't think it was from a written article. I heard it on a video interview or maybe a Q&A after one of the PCs.

I have no reason to believe the neighbor called Clint who then went out to the car port. That scenario has never been reported anywhere. The neighbor seems to have called 911. Besides these neighbors are not close so if someone heard a scream coming from the woods its easier to call 911. I do think she screamed at some point while he was moving her through th woods to his car/truck or at his car. Maybe when he stopped to tape or bind her>

For some reason, I thought she exited the front door and was accosted on the drive and led down the path or drive in front of the house to the woods.
I think I may have just surmised this from google photos of the house posted on here.

Maybe she did wasnt it reported at one time the blood was at the front door?

wonder where her car was?

911 calls

WSMV.com*reported that authorities said the 911 center received two phone calls the morning Holly was abducted - one call was from Clint, the other was from a woman police did not identify.

It is well-known that Clint called 911, but it has not been confirmed who made the second call.

Asked to confirm if the neighbor called 911, Helm said, “I’m unaware that a neighbor made a 911 call.”*

The assumption has been that Holly’s neighbor heard Holly scream and called 911 on the morning of Holly's abduction.*

Asked to confirm when the TBI got involved in Holly's case Helm said, "We got the call within 1-2 hours after the 911 call [made by Clint Bobo] was made."

I'm quoting that from the examiner article someone linked to earlier in this thread.........it has been my understanding that Karen Bobo got the call from Clint while she was at school and both she and Clint called 911...... Where I remember that from, I don't know....

That is what I was told happened. I do not know of that ever being reported in the media.

Maybe she did wasnt it reported at one time the blood was at the front door?

wonder where her car was?

As I recall the so called car port or "garage" as some reports state is a slab somewhere around the house that people park their cars and not necessarily what you or I might call a car port (covered parking spot at the side of a house next to the side door.)

Gosh I just this morning read an article stating he saw them going to the tree line from the back of the home, I'll see if I can find it.

A neighbor called police after hearing Bobo scream, and a family member saw the man in camouflage drag her from their carport toward the woods behind their home, authorities said.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...issing-woman-early-morning-search-intensifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay