TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is connected at to the crime in 1980. I can't imagine that a man at least in his late 40's could be mistaken for Holly's bf even at a glance.

If you glanced and saw someone in camo and you saw them from the back,at 50 yards or more, you wouldn't be able to even see anything about the features or age.

Ok Grandma, she was abducted. It just seems like we are missing some info that would make all of this initial report make sense. Like maybe CB did hear the scream, and that is what prompted him to walk outside. Then He saw the blood, and HB's car still there, and that is what prompted his 911 call. Maybe that was left out of the report. We aren't saying we think she wasn't abducted. If she was put in a vehicle right away, that would explain the lack of scent.

I find it to be a very neutral quote with regard to any opinion as to what happened. :cow:

What's interesting about it is the "narrowing" comment. Of all the comments that are attributed to LE, that are later retracted ... the "narrowing" of the investigation comment hangs tough.

So. We can agree that things have been ruled out.

I wonder if the FBI notice posted today means anything with respect to what's been ruled out...

I am probably over-thinking it. But what the heck else do we have to think about for poor Holly?
Is there a link to the FBI poster?

Is it just me? Or does it seem as if criminals have gotten smarter? Or more careful? Maybe it's the CSI effect. It seems as if they know: to leave behind a body is to leave behind a lot of clues (DNA, fibers, etc.). I'm not convinced that the perpetrator in this case is a local. Regardless, it is someone (IMO) who knew enough to abduct HB and remove her from the immediate area. If he was able to do that, then it's going to be much more difficult to find him (and, I assume, her corpse). As disturbing as it is to contemplate: People do sometimes get away with murder. :(

I'm not sure if I have seen this young woman's name - listed as missing from Parsons TN in 1999 - in any articles about Holly yet:

Kristie Annette Moon (Charley Project)

This case seems a little suspicious, as her boyfriend was apparently last person to see her and claims to have dropped her at her mother's house. She was 26 at the time. It is strange that she has not been mentioned, unless LE has had a suspect all along, but no proof.

Is it just me? Or does it seem as if criminals have gotten smarter? Or more careful? Maybe it's the CSI effect. It seems as if they know: to leave behind a body is to leave behind a lot of clues (DNA, fibers, etc.). I'm not convinced that the perpetrator in this case is a local. Regardless, it is someone (IMO) who knew enough to abduct HB and remove her from the immediate area. If he was able to do that, then it's going to be much more difficult to find him (and, I assume, her corpse). As disturbing as it is to contemplate: People do sometimes get away with murder. :(

Very sadly as the long string of murders and sometimes double murders indicates in this general area you are right....

MOO only but I sense if this is going to come to a conclusion it'll be in the next day or so.

So...the ONLY thing that we know for sure about this case is that her lunch bag was found 8 miles from her home. There could be a million and one possibilities here. I have a strong feeling that we will hear something soon. I hope we do.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amber-elizabeth-cates/view

This girl disappeared from Columbia, TN, about 70 miles from Parsons, in 2004, one of the photos looks a bit like Holly.

When I hear stories like this, I am thankful that CB witnessed the abduction. Without that, people would just hear that she was missing and no one would have a clue what had happened to her or where she had gone. We obviously don't know that now, but at some point soon I am hopeful that we will.

Apparently everyone needs another break.

Tempers are flaring and it would do everyone some good to step away from this thread for a while.

Admin will be reviewing.

I am unsure to whom this is directed? I don't know what to post to, or whom to skip over, without knowing the post that is in violation.
Thanks.

The posts have been removed. The ones speculating that this was other than a Kidnapping/Abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave