TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT IF she was getting ready to get into the car, and a man approached her from the woods with blood on his hands, telling her that his friend was hurt - possibly a hunting accident. Being a nursing student, I am sure Holly has a very warm and caring heart and would want to help. IF she had her cell phone and possibly some medical supplies in that same Lunch bag/box, it would make sense for her to be carrying it with her. In fact, that's the ONLY reason it would make sense to me.

Quote reduced by me.

Hello HappyBonnie!!!

Great point about the lunch box. I think it is a major part, and one of the reasons I think she has a chance, despite being small, of being alive. But let me think about your comment, then come back to my other thought.

A hunting accident would certainly draw her attention. Also the "hunter" could say that they already have called the paramedics and they are on the way, they just need someone to help walk the person out of the woods. She wouldn't have an urge to immediately call about it, and she would probably ask where the person was, and go and try to help. The major issue I see with this thought is the brother. I think if this scenario were to happen, she would have called to the brother for help too, and not simply run off by herself.

Now back to a thought on the lunch box. If the perp planned on killing her right away, I would image that he wouldn't let her carry things like that into the woods with her. Her car is at the house, the brother knows she didn't leave for school, and she wouldn't be answering her cell phone, its not as if the perp is trying to make it look like she ran away. If he planned to kill her he probably would have had her leave the bags at the car.

Instead, the perp let her carry all of her things into the woods, almost as if to make her as comfortable as possible, and giving her the opportunity to drop things along the way.

Again lots of posts today... Someone asked a few posts back "alive or dead" opinion. Today I'm not feeling really good about things. Mostly because I've been subscribing to lots of things I read and intuit from local posters that they believe this is a local, that the LE and family have understood pretty clearly who it is but are somehow blocked from getting after him (lack of evidence, lawyer). They can't get to him without ruining their case and he was clever enough to obscure the evidence really well. This is all clearly My Opinion only.

Stuff I've been looking at today:

1) This post:
http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping
I hadn't seen this before. It seems to be the 1st interview the local police gave about the case. It confirms that a neighbor heard screams and called 911. --I wasnt sure about this before because I had read that CB called mother then 911 and mother had called 911. I wasn't sure until I saw this about the neighbor calling 911. Not that it really matters.

2. This article:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/16/us-tennessee-woman-missing-idUSTRE73F2C920110416

States >>"Law enforcement officers have said Bobo's white lunch box was found on a creek bed eight miles from her home."<<

I hadn't heard "creek bed" before. I had heard near a creek and had thought from the map it was near side of road. I dont know what I think about the new info. Its just new info.

3. I went back through looking for all "official statements" made by TBI or FBI. I didnt find any FBI, but did look through all these:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=015060491320469766247:dukuc6cs1yg&ie=UTF-8&q=holly+bobo

The only information I gleaned from that is that when the roadblocks were setup they encompassed all 5 major roads near the Bobo residence. I had relied on the map previously for this info and had made some speculation about direction of travel for the perp. This simply obfuscates my thinking further (no big).

4. Someone posted this awhile back:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/holly-bobo-inside-investigation-13398157

In looking at the video I noticed some of the footage was of two LE overlooking an object on the side of the road(not like images from easter find). I know it means nothing, but I decided to try to grab the image as a still and pop up the resolution a bit. I tried several ways/means of enhancing the image, but I really cant tell much (cant make pixels where they dont exist). Its really not important bc who knows if it turned out to be relevant. It just caught my eye bc they seemed to be awaiting someone to come and check it out.

Heres the image I cropped if anyone cares:
>>unidentifieditem.jpg<<
Again this item is NOTHING. Noone knows if it is connected in any way to this case.

I just wanted to try to see what it was. I still cant tell, but at first I thought maybe its the "crumpled papers" that are not linked to the case in any way by LE, or (and this is embarrassing) I thought maybe it was a brazirre (how u spell that?). I remember reading somewhere they had found a huge brazirre and just wondered how the heck that had gotten out there. The power of suggestion is strong in my subconscious I think!

Also I read from a certain blogger whose initials are boc and listened to an interview of this person on a radio show that gave me reason to re-consider some of the theories of a "local, hard to nail" perp.

>Hope Im not breaking the rules by using "boc" above. I was unsure so didnt post a link. I really dont want to get you riled up grandmaj<

Is this the same thing you mean? It is the duct tape with blonde hairs we never heard more about.

HollyBoboSearch_DuctTapeWithHairFound1.jpg

ducttape1.jpg

nursie - Just remembered they have forensic back now. Have put anything they've got through data bases. gosh. I just thought of that relative to both of them being at the top of the most wanteds. It is a little spooky, that.

Emma, I, too (nurse), hate the chance of starting a rumor but I have wanted to discuss him for a week. EX-military, do they have dna or blood type on file? I have been wondering if/when LE will discuss any forensics. This guy was at one time stationed near there wasn't he? That would have made him aware of the remoteness and the ability to "disappear" there.

I have a quick question for Sleuthers-

Can anyone find out about the victim's father's business? I've seen it as "Bobo's Timber Service, Darden, TN." But I am unable to find anything else on it, not even a phone number which leads me to believe that this is not the correct name.

Landscaping and tree services tend to have a high turnover of younger individuals as far as employment goes. Many people work in the field as a summer job, it's certainly seasonal employment.

Also, a question about the Bobo's property care came up earlier, along the lines of "Did they have a gardener?" If I owned a tree service, I would probably have my employees work on my property during downtime. Maybe trim trees, reclaim some yard, or make a trail. That introduces employees to the property. A worker may have met the victim, and, seeing as the Bobo's have a pool in the back yard, they may have had contact with the victim in a bikini or sunning herself. The seed of obsession could have been planted.

I digress and perhaps reached too far, but this is an interesting theory and the family business could be a component in the abduction.

i've long thought this- about a co worker of dads. it's got to be someone that knew the family's schedule & knew the area.

i still think Holly is alive & is being kept in a house or underground bunker very close to her house. the abductor wanted Holly for himself. if he just wanted to assault & kill her, they would have found her body by now.

If Sarah Maynard (ohio) had not been found by LE- i shutter to think she would still be in Matthew Hoffman's basement.

Emma, I, too (nurse), hate the chance of starting a rumor but I have wanted to discuss him for a week. EX-military, do they have dna or blood type on file? I have been wondering if/when LE will discuss any forensics. This guy was at one time stationed near there wasn't he? That would have made him aware of the remoteness and the ability to "disappear" there.

If this guy has a medical background (i.e. respiratory therapist), could he have possibly secured a position at a nearby medical facility where he could have had an encounter (either voluntary or involuntary) with Holly (a nursing student) and this set his plan into motion?

Just a thought....

Yes Amandareconwith lol I found the same thing and posted it a few back there... thanks though.

are you asking for my speculation? because that is all I could give. the facts I gave in my earlier post

((((caveat: I am not sure it is him... I am so skeered to extrapolate further and make this into something it is NOT.. but after the msm article today I just had to give some voice to my concerns on the possibility of a "roaming perp" even if they have embeded themselves for awhile in the community))))

The MO seems different in the idea of crime of opportunity verses an organized killer. Thanks for finding the information. I could be completely wrong.

The older murders they are looking into - seem very different than this case. Whoever did this, planned it and was organized. Also that would be a long time to cease killing. Wonder why that would be for him?

Unfortunately - I do not believe she is alive and have thought that for a while.

I know the image of the duct tape has been posted, I have no idea how to find it, but I bet someone on here does.
I remember it being on a brown, bark or leafy spot, with the bright green grass beside it.

Is this the same thing you mean? It is the duct tape with blonde hairs we never heard more about.

HollyBoboSearch_DuctTapeWithHairFound1.jpg

ducttape1.jpg

But since I found that (and you did too) Ive been wondering what is that at the end of the duct tape? It almost looks like the tape is attached to something or coming out of something like a white plastic cup or ??

If this guy has a medical background (i.e. respiratory therapist), could he have possibly secured a position at a nearby medical facility where he could have had an encounter (either voluntary or involuntary) with Holly (a nursing student) and this set his plan into motion?

Just a thought....

He could have new credentials I suppose but working in a hospital or with EMS he would need proper licensing.... maybe he attends/attended school locally to obtain the needed accredidation in his "new" name? IDK sounds far fetched I know! Just running it thru my mind. Nothing I KNOW ties him to this or this community.

But since I found that (and you did too) Ive been wondering what is that at the end of the duct tape? It almost looks like the tape is attached to something or coming out of something like a white plastic cup or ??

Is that the end of the roll?????? it does look like it is attached to something.

Editted to add: My duct tape always has a cardboard core!

Quote reduced by me.

Now back to a thought on the lunch box. If the perp planned on killing her right away, I would image that he wouldn't let her carry things like that into the woods with her. Her car is at the house, the brother knows she didn't leave for school, and she wouldn't be answering her cell phone, its not as if the perp is trying to make it look like she ran away. If he planned to kill her he probably would have had her leave the bags at the car.

Instead, the perp let her carry all of her things into the woods, almost as if to make her as comfortable as possible, and giving her the opportunity to drop things along the way.

Gosh, I was thinking just the opposite...If the perp had made her leave her things behind, people would know right away something wasn't right. If instead, she brought the things with her, people might have thought she had gotten a ride with somebody else, or had taken off voluntarily with a friend.

:confused:

Is that the end of the roll?????? it does look like it is attached to something.

Editted to add: My duct tape always has a cardboard core!

I'm pretty sure it's the sticky side of the tape roll, it's always either silver or white, depending on the brand of duct tape. Looks white here.

I dont think its the core. At first I thought that, but it appears to be wider than the tape. When I blow it up it really resembles a paper coffee cup because it seems to taper. It has an irregular pattern at the top as if the tape were pushed down into the cup inside something else (like piece of plastic).

I have a problem with all this as the tape would likely stick to anything it was pushed inside unless parts of it had something else adhered to it...

its just fun to sleuth is all.

If he is keeping her alive, then this may lead to a murder-suicide if he feels threatened or cornered.

If the DNA matched someone on FBI wanted list, I think LE would be irresponsible not to put out some sort of a bulletin, as this would mean the person is dangerous to anyone he encounters.

Thanks, Doc.

Okay, talk to me like I'm a 3rd grader. Why do you think this would make them keep "more quiet" than "usual"?

:heart: Em

Sorry I posted and ran Lady.

If they say it was her blood or brother saw a gun or anything like that then reporters would be speculating on the charges which might scare him into doing something.

Sorry I posted and ran Lady.

If they say it was her blood or brother saw a gun or anything like that then reporters would be speculating on the charges which might scare him into doing something.

hmmmm...

I guess I was figuring that 14 days in and of itself = especially aggravating kidnapping.

So, Doc, you're holding out hope on a real honest to goodness kidnapping/rescue?

I like that about you. ;)

hmmmm...

I guess I was figuring that 14 days in and of itself = especially aggravating kidnapping.

So, Doc, you're holding out hope on a real honest to goodness kidnapping/rescue?

I like that about you. ;)

I think that is a real possibility in this case. I think when that one thing was found it proved she was alive then.

I think Im too curious, but what is online sleuthing about if not looking at evidence you may actually have so. I look at the duct tape and I get:

1. This area looks like the tape has been folded over itself (onto the sticky side).

2. This object could be the end of the roll. At the lip(top) it seems thick which might indicate this. Im thinking though that what you are seeing is a layer of something inside the "cup" that has been opened outward to get at the tape inside. This would make the lip seem thick. Im guessing something like plastic or wax paper would work, or even a latex glove.

To me there is an irregularity of the shape of item 2 that would be accounted for by this. If it were the end of the roll, or just a cup, you wouldnt see this irregular pattern.

Between 1 and 2 the tape is really clean and flat. Once you've wrinkled up duct tape its hard to make it that straight again. So This was likely folded over itself, or has something on the other side.

Now inside the cup/thingie there is a dark patch. It could just be a leaf, but it could also be blood (from him hitting her earlier before using the tape on her mouth, causing her to scream btw).

I want to guess that it is his coffee cup from inside the vehicle, inside that is a glove in which he placed the rolled up duct tape he used.

...and the lock ness monster killed jimmy hoffa(if anyone wants to know).

Attachments

• ducttape.jpg
    ducttape.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics