TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something a little bit OT but not completely off is this: Do we know of any cases where a reward has actually helped to solve a case? I personally have not heard of any case of a missing person where someone stepped forward and helped authorities solve the case of a missing person and then received a reward for it? Do we know of any cases like that here at WS? Just wondering since the topic of the unusual reward for Holly has been mentioned. Also, I have to admit I have not followed a large amount of cases on WS and sadly most I have followed or am following have not been solved yet.

Something a little bit OT but not completely off is this: Do we know of any cases where a reward has actually helped to solve a case? I personally have not heard of any case of a missing person where someone stepped forward and helped authorities solve the case of a missing person and then received a reward for it? Do we know of any cases like that here at WS? Just wondering since the topic of the unusual reward for Holly has been mentioned. Also, I have to admit I have not followed a large amount of cases on WS and sadly most I have followed or am following have not been solved yet.

There have been some local cases where rewards have been paid out. I think in on or two of the recent cop killings around here some money went to tipsters or people who urged the suspect to turn himself in. I recall too in some cases money was not paid out because the tip or tipster didnt meet certain criteria. Or some of the money was paid but not all (different funds had different criteria). Most of it was small change compared to $80,000. Probably in the $12K to $15 K range.

OY Vey!

"an e-mail was sent" :waitasec:
well gee. that was easy.

Anyway, the CBS report quoted Helms as saying "people of interest". I remember thinking that was strange wording at the time. :rolleyes:

So Helms' response to "an e-mail was sent" says she said nothing about a person of interest. Which is technically true. She said "people of interest".

:rolling:

About the only thing we can believe anymore is a video interview from LE. And those are always so ... uptight.

just ignore me. I get grumpy about bloggers who write columns for hits and reporters who misquote and mislead. Also for hits.

LOL dont believe anything unless you see the lips move lol!

In other cases, such as Hailey Dunn and Kyron Horman, LE has announced that further searching would be done based on tips or new information only, but I don't remember it happening as early as two weeks in.

I am really starting to think that the last item found, or its locale, led LE to believe they did in fact get on the interstate very early on , the day of the 13th. They talked about things being thrown from a car window distance and the fact that one "find" was very near I-40, I believe.

You realize 30-60 minutes after the fact that your sister was abducted, not led into the woods...

Where are you going to chase them into the woods?

You go to the spot you last saw them...

From there, which direction are you going to go through the woods if there are no tracks?

East? West? North? South? You are one person, which way did this guy take your sister?

After that long, odds are good they are already in a vehicle anyway...

It is one thing if you are right behind them and may very well catch them, but when they have a 30+ minute head start it seems like a total waste of time... when there is really no chance of you finding your sister and you could be back assisting law enforcement to get them to send out a bunch of people.

IF Clint witnessed the actual abduction, I would say absolutely it would be understandable to go out there after them. But to run into the woods 30+ minutes later... doesn't seem productive in that situation. (Families are not always productive in this situation and I wouldn't criticize him if he did that, but I don't think he did.)

The timeline(s) presented here and the particular one to which the "did he pursue" question was posed, indicated the time from seeing them to realizing it was an abduction was as little as 10 minutes i believe.

Holly is alive. But at this moment in time only God and her abductor know whether she is living eternally in heaven, or still on this earth.

Did people in the Elizabeth Smart case collect the reward?

This is now a cold case. (my opinion only).

I'll check in here once a month for the next year probably to see if there's any developments, after that I'll probably check once a year. So sad that they couldn't crack it.

It's been two weeks, I really don't think that qualifies as a cold case yet

Is the perpetrator a local? Did he know the Bobos? Did he know their routines? I don't know. It surprises me that he abducted HB when her brother was home. Didn't he know about the brother? Did he think, once the parents left, that HB was home alone? If he knew CB was in the house, he took a big gamble. How would he know that CB, if he were to see the abduction, wouldn't come out the door with a shotgun? If he didn't know about the brother, then perhaps he did not know the Bobos. And perhaps he hadn't really "stalked" HB for long. I said it before: I wonder if HB just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

IMO, I think LE believes its someone from the community specifically because the family lived in a relatively remote location. I think the facts clearly point to someone targetting her specifically, not that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The perp had no other reason to be there at that exact moment she was leaving other than to abduct her (as opposed to a perp who attacks a female living in a densely populated area--who is in the wrong place at the wrong time in an empty parking garage, jogging in the park, etc.). He's just waiting for the next potential victim to come along. This guy was laying in wait for her to come out of the home, and probably knew she was home because he knew which car she drove. Also, LE might think it's someone from the community because he would know that camouflage wouldn't raise red flags, and neither would his appearance in the woods during hunting season.

IMO, the only chance this would be a serial killer/stranger abduction would be if someone was trolling around a college campus looking for a victim to stalk, saw her, and followed her home one day. Even so, I think it would be hard to follow someone on remote country roads without raising alarms (another factor that points to someone whom she had met before--someone who could find out where they live from mutual acquaintances, friends, the church, etc.).

I bet we will be hearing about Holly next year when the 1 year anni comes up.

I hope they find her sooner so that her family can mourn her and find closure.

I think at this point, it is very obvious to everyone here that she is most likely gone.

I just hope she did not suffer and whatever was used it was a quick death.

:(

I wish I could find some hope still, but it sure looks ominous and dark after this amount of time. I hope this case doesn't drag on for months either with so many people wanting closure for the family. I still wonder what the motive was for this abduction, but I guess it could just be somebody who wanted her or else. I wonder what the age of this person is to attempt to understand their reason for this. I still think it is somebody who knew the routine of the family fairly well in order to be there at the right time.

I, for one would love to know just how in the he!! That so very many killers/abductors are literally abducting and killi g people, both young and old and are literally "getting away with murder"!!!!

Just how is this even possible in this day and age with the technology that is available to us, just the laymen of the world, not to mention the high tech abilities of our government's federal agencies??? I mean really, how the he!! Are so very many getting away these crimes??

Imean just go thru the case files here at WS... We all could easily name 5 off ghe top of of heads that remains unsolved .. Ice cold(even tho many LE will not refer to them as cold).. And victims and their loved ones left in the limbo hell of not knowing and the torture if everyday wondering where their loved one is.. Especially heartbreakinv when speaking of missinh children such as parents left in total anguish like Kaine Horman and Desiree Young wo dering what Terri Horman has done to amd with him and knowing she is scott free to go anywjere in this entire world that she wants to go !!

It is truly unbelievable to me??!! How does this keep happening??

Anyone??

If LE found her phone and it had a recent photo of Holly to show she was alive as of that date, for example, they (Holly/kidnapper) would have either needed to buy a phone charger, or the abductor must have had the same kind, in order to be able to use the phone as many as 10-11 days after the abduction, unless Holly carried her charger with her, which would be unusual. Right? Wouldn't the phone be dead long before that 2nd weekend?

(I don't believe the photo on phone theory personally but it has come up several times.)

okay, I'll play for the kidnapper theory's sake:

were I a kidnapper wanting to negotiate for Holly's life -

buy disposable batphone
take pix of holly with date evidence on that phone
use phone to call holly's house after midnight to say where you're dumping the phone
dump it roadside approximately where you said in the middle of the night

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if it was a kidnapper and all they wanted was immunity or money or something?

I, for one would love to know just how in the he!! That so very many killers/abductors are literally abducting and killi g people, both young and old and are literally "getting away with murder"!!!!

Just how is this even possible in this day and age with the technology that is available to us, just the laymen of the world, not to mention the high tech abilities of our government's federal agencies??? I mean really, how the he!! Are so very many getting away these crimes??

Imean just go thru the case files here at WS... We all could easily name 5 off ghe top of of heads that remains unsolved .. Ice cold(even tho many LE will not refer to them as cold).. And victims and their loved ones left in the limbo hell of not knowing and the torture if everyday wondering where their loved one is.. Especially heartbreakinv when speaking of missinh children such as parents left in total anguish like Kaine Horman and Desiree Young wo dering what Terri Horman has done to amd with him and knowing she is scott free to go anywjere in this entire world that she wants to go !!

It is truly unbelievable to me??!! How does this keep happening??

Anyone??

I think about this also. Honestly, it is very difficult to get away with murder and kidnapping I feel. All it takes is one mistake and sometime before LE can pinpoint in on these criminals. Look at the Mackenzie Cowell case and how long it took to find a suspect. And that was with a body found even. A piece of duct tape led them to the suspect in the end. It does take time though and we often think these cases are solved quickly, but it can take months. There isn't much to go on in this case either. No body has been found yet and there isn't really much of a crime scene to obtain evidence from, except for a small amount of blood. But there are always some people who get away with murder.

Just wanted to add a statistic that I found interesting. "National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_20100530/ai_n53834829/

Well it doesnt look like they are getting anywhere fast with the Long Island serial killer. Wasnt the lead investigator forced to quit for bungling the investigation?

okay, I'll play for the kidnapper theory's sake:

were I a kidnapper wanting to negotiate for Holly's life -

buy disposable batphone
take pix of holly with date evidence on that phone
use phone to call holly's house after midnight to say where you're dumping the phone
dump it roadside approximately where you said in the middle of the night

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if it was a kidnapper and all they wanted was immunity or money or something?

Wow! You guys are fast on your feet! I never even thought of that! Maybe that is why the searches were scaled down immediately after this find..Maybe it went from an abduction case to a kidnapping. "Call of the searches, pay me money, other random demands and Holly will be kept alive"...

I really hope that is the case....It would mean she is still alive!!

(Also they could have demanded that if they tell anyone she would be killed...)

Was it ever confirmed on this thread that the tip was calling in to the Mother??

It is probably really very much harder for investigators to gather enough evidence without an actual crime scene/body, but this is the first case I have seen where absolutely nothing is coming out, either from LE or anyone. Looks like this perp or perps was very calculating and at least for now they are getting away with it. I've really felt all along that this person was either a local and holding Holly somewhere like a basement or someone from another surrounding county and they were able to escape with her in a vehicle and are long gone now. Still praying for the best outcome but not expecting it.

Was it ever confirmed on this thread that the tip was calling in to the Mother??

No not at all and in some statements the find on Easter was not from a tip but from searchers in the field. Its a physical object said to belong to Holly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech