TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not at all and in some statements the find on Easter was not from a tip but from searchers in the field. Its a physical object said to belong to Holly.

ok...just wanted to ask before I went from fact to rumor...srry

thx

I hope they find Holly soon..the water is coming up fast and it is so scary thinking she may be out there...:(

Wow! You guys are fast on your feet! I never even thought of that! Maybe that is why the searches were scaled down immediately after this find..Maybe it went from an abduction case to a kidnapping. "Call of the searches, pay me money, other random demands and Holly will be kept alive"...

I really hope that is the case....It would mean she is still alive!!

(Also they could have demanded that if they tell anyone she would be killed...)

Was it ever confirmed on this thread that the tip was calling in to the Mother??

well...I'm not that fast...I think I should have texted...Holly's mom's cell...instead of called...but I forgot to get the number off Holly's phone before the battery ran out...:waitasec:

I'd make a lousy kidnapper anyways. I talk too much. :crazy:

IMO, I think LE believes its someone from the community specifically because the family lived in a relatively remote location. I think the facts clearly point to someone targetting her specifically, not that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The perp had no other reason to be there at that exact moment she was leaving other than to abduct her (as opposed to a perp who attacks a female living in a densely populated area--who is in the wrong place at the wrong time in an empty parking garage, jogging in the park, etc.). He's just waiting for the next potential victim to come along. This guy was laying in wait for her to come out of the home, and probably knew she was home because he knew which car she drove. Also, LE might think it's someone from the community because he would know that camouflage wouldn't raise red flags, and neither would his appearance in the woods during hunting season.

IMO, the only chance this would be a serial killer/stranger abduction would be if someone was trolling around a college campus looking for a victim to stalk, saw her, and followed her home one day. Even so, I think it would be hard to follow someone on remote country roads without raising alarms (another factor that points to someone whom she had met before--someone who could find out where they live from mutual acquaintances, friends, the church, etc.).

Or Facebook!!!

If he is keeping her alive, then this may lead to a murder-suicide if he feels threatened or cornered.

If the DNA matched someone on FBI wanted list, I think LE would be irresponsible not to put out some sort of a bulletin, as this would mean the person is dangerous to anyone he encounters.

You raise a good point that reinforces a thought I've been having for a while now. I'm thinking the TBI probably didn't think she was in the woods but had civilians search for protocol reasons and for evidence to help them find Holly where ever she might be.

My reasoning is that if the the TBI really thought they were in the woods and they sent hundreds of people streaming in there shoulder to shoulder, that could have resulted in a very dangerous and potentially tragic confrontation. Surely it would have been better to get everyone the heck out of there and use flir and dogs to find them. :twocents:

I'm having a positive thought tonight...
MOO.. but I think that they have a very good palm print lifted from either the car or the (possibly found) cell phone.. They took prints from the family and those around them.. Once they are ruled out.. they will move onto their list of POI...which is probably what they are doing now.. anyone who refuses will raise a flag...

As far as batteries running out, my newest cell phone came with a car adapter that has all kinds of different charging tips. Then I have chargers from my older phones, not that hard to find something to fit.

JMO, MOO -- This is only a question in my pondering mind:

Still wondering about the possible stalking of Holly starting with a guy's obsession over the country music star, Whitney Duncan, possibly seeing Holly pictured with her on the internet, thought Holly was just as desirable, knew that the country star had protection and bodyguards, then went for Holly, first determining where she lived, then scoping things out and deciding it was feasible to grab her.

I would find a transferred obsession more likely if her cousin was someone like Carrie Underwood. No offense to Whitney, but I had never heard of her until Holly vanished. After doing a little poking around, I did learn that she self-released an album several years ago but her first professionally done album has been delayed due to lackluster reaction to her singles. I guess what I'm saying is that I think it's an overstatement to call Whitney a star at this point. A singer? For sure. An entertainer? Definitely. A star? I'm not sure. Just MOOO.

im new to this site. so yall might have to help me along here.
the item found on easter sunday was a cell phone along the highway. they didnt say if it was her phone or not. they found 3 cell phones in the search so far. but they could have been anyone's. i know im drivin off and forgot that i had put a cup and phone on top of car and pretty soon, they flew off.
also- has there been any mention of ex-boyfriends on these posts? is that ok to bring up? she had a restraining order against one of them.
background on me...i was one of the volunteer searchers for holly that walked the highway. information i am posting was given to the volunteers at the fairgrounds

they also announced to the 1500 volunteers a big thank you and also if the kidnapper was in the room that they would figure out who you were and they will get you. its creepy to think they could have been searching with us.

the item found on easter sunday was a cell phone along the highway. they didnt say if it was her phone or not. they found 3 cell phones in the search so far. but they could have been anyone's. i know im drivin off and forgot that i had put a cup and phone on top of car and pretty soon, they flew off.
also- has there been any mention of ex-boyfriends on these posts? is that ok to bring up? she had a restraining order against one of them.
background on me...i was one of the volunteer searchers for holly that walked the highway. information i am posting was given to the volunteers at the fairgrounds

Was it ever confirmed there was a restraining order against him? I heard it as a rumor but never as fact. I know it was never mentioned to us at the fairgrounds on the days I searched.

Dee's post was probably about another case, it's gone.
lol

Welcome 34searcher!
Have you been verified as a local yet? If not- please do! Thanks.

Was it ever confirmed there was a restraining order against him? I heard it as a rumor but never as fact. I know it was never mentioned to us at the fairgrounds on the days I searched.

that is one persistent rumor.

the darn thing is - rejected paramour really fits the profile. :no:

but not for any sort of happy ending. :tears:

That just made me think of Natalie Holloway. :(
Yep and as it turns out it appears she wasn't his only victim. I feel this case will or was/is the same...not or won't be the only victim. That's what the people sheltering and protecting the perp need to understand....absent help he will turn on you eventually too.

I have to be careful here but just let me say I know for a fact they wouldn't be involved... ever in something like an abduction/possible murder, unless there was some threat to national security or it was related to national security. At least on the Federal level.
I agree. But they have resources/conduits at their disposal between the various organizations that can be of use.

but as u all are saying its a small town not everybody is rich!
Yes but if the perp is rich..and the friends gutless/scared...80k may not be enough to buy a lifetime of happiness away from the influence :)

Like heat sensory stuff?
This is already readily available. Military grade...you're not hiding from anyone even in building far away from the viewer.

I was looking for the article that says that the DA made a compelling case to the Governors office to increase the reward by 50,000... and came across this video from April 18th... Maybe the FBI had a discussion with the DA's office.. ??
Anywho... it's a good video to watch... some info. I was not aware of.. such as the use of camera's in the Natchez park..
http://topics.myfoxboston.com/m/39607464/holly-bobo-reward-increased-to-75k.htm
IMO they've used more cameras than they know alone the major roadways, ATMs etc.
I bet we will be hearing about Holly next year when the 1 year anni comes up.

I hope they find her sooner so that her family can mourn her and find closure.

I think at this point, it is very obvious to everyone here that she is most likely gone.

I just hope she did not suffer and whatever was used it was a quick death.

:(
Agreed but I'm not thinking we'll be hearing about it in the sense you think a year from now.
If LE found her phone and it had a recent photo of Holly to show she was alive as of that date, for example, they (Holly/kidnapper) would have either needed to buy a phone charger, or the abductor must have had the same kind, in order to be able to use the phone as many as 10-11 days after the abduction, unless Holly carried her charger with her, which would be unusual. Right? Wouldn't the phone be dead long before that 2nd weekend?

(I don't believe the photo on phone theory personally but it has come up several times.)
To me there was something on those days that gave the family relief. That could be any number of things.

Something a little bit OT but not completely off is this: Do we know of any cases where a reward has actually helped to solve a case? I personally have not heard of any case of a missing person where someone stepped forward and helped authorities solve the case of a missing person and then received a reward for it? Do we know of any cases like that here at WS? Just wondering since the topic of the unusual reward for Holly has been mentioned. Also, I have to admit I have not followed a large amount of cases on WS and sadly most I have followed or am following have not been solved yet.
The reward is not enough IMO...you're not going to forfeit the life you have and live happily ever after on this amount. It can't be amount the money unless it's more...it's about not shielding a sociopath.

IMO, I think LE believes its someone from the community specifically because the family lived in a relatively remote location. I think the facts clearly point to someone targetting her specifically, not that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The perp had no other reason to be there at that exact moment she was leaving other than to abduct her (as opposed to a perp who attacks a female living in a densely populated area--who is in the wrong place at the wrong time in an empty parking garage, jogging in the park, etc.). He's just waiting for the next potential victim to come along. This guy was laying in wait for her to come out of the home, and probably knew she was home because he knew which car she drove. Also, LE might think it's someone from the community because he would know that camouflage wouldn't raise red flags, and neither would his appearance in the woods during hunting season.

IMO, the only chance this would be a serial killer/stranger abduction would be if someone was trolling around a college campus looking for a victim to stalk, saw her, and followed her home one day. Even so, I think it would be hard to follow someone on remote country roads without raising alarms (another factor that points to someone whom she had met before--someone who could find out where they live from mutual acquaintances, friends, the church, etc.).
I agree.

I, for one would love to know just how in the he!! That so very many killers/abductors are literally abducting and killi g people, both young and old and are literally "getting away with murder"!!!!

Just how is this even possible in this day and age with the technology that is available to us, just the laymen of the world, not to mention the high tech abilities of our government's federal agencies??? I mean really, how the he!! Are so very many getting away these crimes??

Imean just go thru the case files here at WS... We all could easily name 5 off ghe top of of heads that remains unsolved .. Ice cold(even tho many LE will not refer to them as cold).. And victims and their loved ones left in the limbo hell of not knowing and the torture if everyday wondering where their loved one is.. Especially heartbreakinv when speaking of missinh children such as parents left in total anguish like Kaine Horman and Desiree Young wo dering what Terri Horman has done to amd with him and knowing she is scott free to go anywjere in this entire world that she wants to go !!

It is truly unbelievable to me??!! How does this keep happening??

Anyone??
Because sadly we're dealing sometimes with very good criminals and sometimes apathetic, overworked LEO. What does a town of 20,000 have for law enforcement maybe 15? Bad odds.
okay, I'll play for the kidnapper theory's sake:

were I a kidnapper wanting to negotiate for Holly's life -

buy disposable batphone
take pix of holly with date evidence on that phone
use phone to call holly's house after midnight to say where you're dumping the phone
dump it roadside approximately where you said in the middle of the night

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if it was a kidnapper and all they wanted was immunity or money or something?
I hope this is the case but I doubt it. It's more of a catch me if you can.

I think about this also. Honestly, it is very difficult to get away with murder and kidnapping I feel. All it takes is one mistake and sometime before LE can pinpoint in on these criminals. Look at the Mackenzie Cowell case and how long it took to find a suspect. And that was with a body found even. A piece of duct tape led them to the suspect in the end. It does take time though and we often think these cases are solved quickly, but it can take months. There isn't much to go on in this case either. No body has been found yet and there isn't really much of a crime scene to obtain evidence from, except for a small amount of blood. But there are always some people who get away with murder.

Just wanted to add a statistic that I found interesting. "National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_20100530/ai_n53834829/
Makes sense. Being silent is "cool"...doing the right thing isn't.

Well it doesnt look like they are getting anywhere fast with the Long Island serial killer. Wasnt the lead investigator forced to quit for bungling the investigation?
I think so, even worse how many bodies stacked up before someone noticed they had a serial killer?

Agreed they've probably found tons and tons of trash.

If it was issued on a minor it's expunged when they turn 18.

I, for one would love to know just how in the he!! That so very many killers/abductors are literally abducting and killi g people, both young and old and are literally "getting away with murder"!!!!

Just how is this even possible in this day and age with the technology that is available to us, just the laymen of the world, not to mention the high tech abilities of our government's federal agencies??? I mean really, how the he!! Are so very many getting away these crimes??

Imean just go thru the case files here at WS... We all could easily name 5 off ghe top of of heads that remains unsolved .. Ice cold(even tho many LE will not refer to them as cold).. And victims and their loved ones left in the limbo hell of not knowing and the torture if everyday wondering where their loved one is.. Especially heartbreakinv when speaking of missinh children such as parents left in total anguish like Kaine Horman and Desiree Young wo dering what Terri Horman has done to amd with him and knowing she is scott free to go anywjere in this entire world that she wants to go !!

It is truly unbelievable to me??!! How does this keep happening??

Anyone??

I've been trying to get a federal criminal background check since January for a job overseas, but the FBI can't identify my fingerprints with two voluntary copies each time, along with my full name, full address, and social security number on the forms.

How are they going to identify partial prints left involuntarily with no name to go on?

I don't know if it's incompetence or a lack of effort.

Originally Posted by lishac23
Like heat sensory stuff?
This is already readily available. Military grade...you're not hiding from anyone even in building far away from the viewer.

We were told the FLIR would not work well in an area as heavily wooded as this.

Originally Posted by greengreen
If it was issued on a minor it's expunged when they turn 18.

Then that would have been 3 years ago? I thought this was more of a recent ex? If any local besides myself can confirm/deny this, please do. Because we can't talk about a rumor and right now that is EXACTLY what it is.

they also announced to the 1500 volunteers a big thank you and also if the kidnapper was in the room that they would figure out who you were and they will get you. its creepy to think they could have been searching with us.

Nice to have your input 34searcher.

In the Lori Arrowood murder case (Georgia, Oct 2010) the family friend who murdered her was there to search and help the family.

Very possible here too.

Trying hard to keep up here, but I have not heard about an ex with a restraining order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay