TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all! Another night falling asleep at the computer and waking up to this maddening silence.
I'm just gonna say what i thought about the find on Easter. I sit and read and refresh all day long when I'm stuck on a case like this and that Sunday in between festivities I kept my vigil going, growing disappointed as the day wore on. Then lo and behold there is a significant find. Instantly i thought it was just the Easter miricle everyone is hoping for. And my pessimist side said, well isnt that special. And since that time I dont think the find was much of anything but a way to give hope in a seemingly hopeless situation. The words 'game changer' to me can mean so many things, like for instance if they found a cig.butt it could change the direction if the suspect they had in mind does not smoke. i don't take her moms statments into account really, I can only imagine the overwhelming feelings she must go thru every hour of everyday and it being Easter and all, I figure she had some hope in her heart just being the inspirational day Easter is to some.
I hope I don't offend anyone. Theres so little to go on here. I thought the searches were dying down a lil and they wanted to give a big push that weekend (goodness it was just last weekend was'nt it). Honestly if it were that big of a find, I would think they would at least search another day in that area for any tiny bit of something more in the dirt. But nothing. jmo.

FYI:The weekend before this happened (maybe two weekends) Decatur Co. was host to St. Jude's World's Largest Coon Hunt. This event bring in strangers from all over the US. There are a lot of events that go on during this time, and most locals either participate in events or volunteer at this time. While I know they think it is someone local, I wonder if they have thought of the possibility of someone seeing her at this event and choosing her as a victim and possibly start following her then. I have seen or heard no talk about all the strangers who were recently in this town. This is not a rumor, just a question that has been in my mind, that has not gone away with any of the information that has been given.

While I am no longer a local, I lived in Parsons for 20 years and speak with someone or another from there on a daily basis. Holly is the very first thing that comes to my mind when I wake up in the morning, and the reason I am not asleep right now. I know how this is affecting her poor family, and I hope they get some answers soon.

:Welcome1:
Very nice to hear from someone with local ties. Someone else mentioned this Coon Hunt earlier. I think it could be important. It might have brought someone new in who saw her in town or in a diner or somewhere. I hope not because then he would be gone. I kind of hope she is being held by someone local though.

Back to the thinking about a possible obsession transference from Whitney to Holly and the idea that the perp. would be aware that Holly was more vulnerable--no security, etc.
As I posted earlier, he could have found out Holly's address.

Did Holly attend the Country Music Awards Festival to watch Whitney's performance? Did they have pictures taken together while there?

Lots of people in that crowd.

Also, did Whitney perform at a State Fair?

Are you involved in the case to know they are working well? Just curious as everyone seems to be getting conflicting information. What does the grade/ age and ISP together mean?

No, not involved in the case at all. I just meant the link was working well, and the technology was the age and grade. It does seem like there is a lot of conflicting info going on.

silly question...but how to i verify myself as a local?
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
If a member wants to post as a professional ( a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.
wsverify@xmission.com
Please include:
The case
Their Websleuths name
Their phone number and a good time to call
Their real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.
All info will be kept strictly confidential
Thank you!

3rd comment on stalking behavior and JMO:

In the Whitney Duncan live performance videos, there are several men in the foreground taking numerous photographs. Granted, some of that is probably for news sources. However, an obsessed stalker would probably be a prolific picture taker.

i assume you are talking about bill way from news talk, what was this about?

Rumor that can't be discussed here, but there is a thread about it, now locked, in the Private Forums Parking Lot.

JMO: I think that LE has threat assessment experts who are examining this case. Perhaps that is one reason why the TN Bureau of Safety and Homeland Security was called in.

This is a good article about FBI risk assessment: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_11_73/ai_n9522611/pg_2/?tag=mantle_skin;content:

NCAVC staff members can provide advice and assistance in the general areas of crimes against children and adults, counterterrorism, and threat assessment. Typical cases received for services include abductions and mysterious disappearances of children; serial murders; single homicides; serial rapes; threats; and assessments of dangerousness in matters, such as workplace, school, and domestic violence, as well as stalking. Other investigations that the unit responds to include extortions, kidnappings, product tampering, arsons and bombings, issues regarding weapons of mass destruction, and domestic and international terrorism. Annually, personnel handle more than 1,500 requests for assistance from both domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies.

Sorry to go off track here for a second, but this is not always correct.

Now I'm not sure what the laws are surrounding this issue in the US, but here where I am in Australia it's not correct.

When someone turns 18 here, the records are not 'wiped clean' as many would believe. Instead, that happens at the age of 28.

During the ages of 18-28, convictions recorded whilst the person was a minor can be brought up in court if they are relevant to the matter currently being trialled. I'm interested to find out if this is the case in other jurisdictions.

Anyway, I hope Holly gets to come home soon. She is never far from my thoughts.

Also i dont think a restraining order is a RECORD. you dont get charged with anything. Your just told to stay away! and if ya dont stay away then they can get ya

JMO: I think that LE has threat assessment experts who are examining this case. Perhaps that is one reason why the TN Bureau of Safety and Homeland Security was called in.

This is a good article about FBI risk assessment: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_11_73/ai_n9522611/pg_2/?tag=mantle_skin;content:

NCAVC staff members can provide advice and assistance in the general areas of crimes against children and adults, counterterrorism, and threat assessment. Typical cases received for services include abductions and mysterious disappearances of children; serial murders; single homicides; serial rapes; threats; and assessments of dangerousness in matters, such as workplace, school, and domestic violence, as well as stalking. Other investigations that the unit responds to include extortions, kidnappings, product tampering, arsons and bombings, issues regarding weapons of mass destruction, and domestic and international terrorism. Annually, personnel handle more than 1,500 requests for assistance from both domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies.

Im almost sure they homeland security is there for cybersecurity, they took over her computer and possibly her cell. they did this in the Kyron horman case also
homeland security was called in . Alot of secrets are on these computers

Back to the thinking about a possible obsession transference from Whitney to Holly and the idea that the perp. would be aware that Holly was more vulnerable--no security, etc.

Did Holly attend the Country Music Awards Festival to watch Whitney's performance? Did they have pictures taken together while there?

IMO that is not a connection in this case.

Also i dont think a restraining order is a RECORD. you dont get charged with anything. Your just told to stay away! and if ya dont stay away then they can get ya

I believe it is in public records. Building permits, tree cutting permits, injunctions, court rulings, etc. are all public record. Being charged with crimes may not show up at the clerk of courts but any convictions or court judgements would.

I'm just thinking that is not the case here, JMO.

Im almost sure they homeland security is there for cybersecurity, they took over her computer and possibly her cell. they did this in the Kyron horman case also
homeland security was called in . Alot of secrets are on these computers

Or Homeland Security could be involved because of a possible connection to Human Smuggling.
http://www.ice.gov/about/offices/homeland-security-investigations/
The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling

As I posted on another thread:

Can you imagine how much time it takes for LE to get access to and go over the security camera detail? Must be a daunting task--school, hospital/clinic, store, etc.

Or Homeland Security could be involved because of a possible connection to Human Smuggling.
http://www.ice.gov/about/offices/homeland-security-investigations/
The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling

But would the FBI not be the lead on the case? Right now it is TBI.

I'm just thinking that is not the case here, JMO.

I'm just trying to look into every angle. And I had to place questions I have out there. I respect your opinions. Can you state why you don't think this is the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home