TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WSMV.com reported that authorities said the 911 center received two phone calls the morning Holly was abducted - one call was from Clint, the other was from a woman police did not identify.

It is well-known that Clint called 911, but it has not been confirmed who made the second call.

Asked to confirm if the neighbor called 911, Helm said, “I’m unaware that a neighbor made a 911 call.”

I find it hard to credit that screams were heard and no 911 call resulted, from neighbors.

However, here's the "mom 911" link:

---
Authorities said the 911 center received two calls about the abduction, one from Bobo’s 25-year-old brother, who was home at the time, and the other from Bobo’s mother, who wasn’t.
---
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110414025

(also from Case Signal)

If the neighbor called the mom or, more likely IMO, the Bobo home and said "Hey, I just heard a woman screaming, did you hear that? Are you guys OK?" kind of thing...than LE would still know about the screaming heard. Did LE actually say the other 911 call reported screams?

I also wonder if Holly was able to somehow able to dial 911 at some point, and that is why they aren't saying who... I mean, why would they want to keep the identity of the 2nd 911 caller secret? What is the tactical benefit of that, if that's why they aren't telling?

LOL heck i gave up on all this a few days ago all we are doing is guessing
we wont get any ans till LE decides to tell us

what i tend to remember was sheriff wyatt saying a neighbor did not witness the abduction but heard screams .....

I agree with alot of your points made above, especially in regards to brother not being alarmed in any way initially upon seeing his sister outside with whom he believed "at that time"that it was her boyfriend, DS that was with Holly there outside their home...

And bouncing off that specific issue of CB being under the impression that it was Holly's boYfriend, DS that was the man in camo outside with his sister.. I would like to know at what point that Clint became aware that IT WAS NOT, DS THAT HE SAW OUTSIDE WITH HIS SISTER??

So, again.. My question is at what point was it discerned that what Clint originally thought that he saw was indeed not accurate.. And found to be that the man in camo was not DS??
Hope that was explained clearly enough to understand.. Sometimes i succeed and other times i fail at successfully relay whats in this brain to an understandable post..lol

Thanks, and I think your question is a valid one. I wish I could be like the other members here who can look at maps and figure out how it may have played out. I think I'm a little too tied to the psychological, in figuring out the various motivations/reactions of the people involved. The physical logistics are not my forte. If I remember correctly, the brother became concerned when he saw her car still there, realized she hadn't left, saw the blood.
Here's an article link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054470-504083.html
What's puzzling is, if the brother said that he saw the guy holding her arm and leading her away, which is what LE is reported to have said in the article, why did the brother still think it was okay that the boyfriend was grabbing her arm? Wouldn't that alone alarm someone? (again, I'm not blaming the brother, merely analyzing his reaction as a potential clue)
I know that it's easy for us all to talk about how we'd react, and you never know until you're in that situation, but I still think something doesn't add up.

But neither of those say it was the neighbor who called 911. Personally, I think it was the mom.

Ok, let me see if I understand.

neighbor hears a woman scream and assumes it's Holly so she calls Holly's mom at work.

Mom calls son {CB} and asks if everything is ok, he says Holly was dragged into the woods by some guy in camo,

Mom tells CB to call 911. Mom herself calls 911 and reports a woman was heard screaming.

this all occured around 7:30 am?

Would a neighbor really hear screams breaking the easy routine of a workday morning, and decide first to call someone who was not at the home the screams came from?

Im leaning toward MOM!

Sorry, I didn't see some of the other posts. We've all heard of the stories where people are abducted and then secretly call 911, so that the dispatcher can hear what's going on. I wonder if there is any chance this may have happened. I could have been the mom, but why is LE keeping it such a secret then?? There's no reason to keep it a secret if it was just the mom.

neighbor hears a woman scream and assumes it's Holly so she calls Holly's mom at work.

Mom calls son {CB} and asks if everything is ok, he says Holly was dragged into the woods by some guy in camo,

Mom tells CB to call 911. Mom herself calls 911 and reports a woman was heard screaming.

Well, according to most reports, CB called 911 because he saw blood on the carport. If that's the case, did he even hear Holly scream?

I find it hard to credit that screams were heard and no 911 call resulted, from neighbors.

However, here's the "mom 911" link:

(also from Case Signal)

If I lived in a tight community and knew my neighbors very well and heard a scream in the neighborhood, I think that I would call the neighbor's house first to see if everything was ok or to ask them if they heard anything, before I would call 911.

That's just my opinion of course.

Who says that the neighbor called anyone in the Bobo family? the woman may have said when the LE came to her door that she or he heard a scream.
I may have missed something but i dont remember hearing thAT.
jmo

Would a neighbor really hear screams breaking the easy routine of a workday morning, and decide first to call someone who was not at the home the screams came from?

Maybe she did but there was no answer so she called the mom at work.

I'm not sure if you're asking me since you quoted me, but scenario doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know the link where i might see the press conference where we met the Bobos. With both mom and dad speaking and mom breaking down and being led away by an officer or fam.
TIA

Maybe she did but there was no answer so she called the mom at work.

Maybe the media isn't reporting the story accurately. Maybe the reports of screams came after the two 911 calls. Maybe it's then that the neighbor realizes she heard screams and neither of the calls came as a result of the screams.

Personally, I think if the neighbor called anyone, it would have been to the Bobo home.

After watching this video of the man that investigated the murder of the two sisters, and he mentioned the cigarette pack with Marlboro cigarette butts and he said they saved it but the evidence never made it to the lab, it makes me wonder if he is saying that evidence disappeared or if it is still in an evidence vault somewhere. Could the searchers in Holly's case that were on their hands and knees have been searching for a Marlboro cigarette butt? Just speculation on my part. I hope LE has more evidence in Holly's disappearance than we are aware of. I really do hope none of these tragic cases are related as it may indicate a dreaded outcome.

I should clarify I was thinking maybe they thought if the two sister's cases were related to Holly's case, they could compare DNA on a Marlboro cigarette butt to the ones they found at that crime scene and supposedly saved. Hope that makes sense?? That is only speculation that they could have been looking for those butts in the search on their hands and knees. Oh gosh I don't think I am making my point clear at all. Sorry.

BBM: That is exactly what I was wondering.

On their hands and knees painstakingly searching for cigarette butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth