TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they had an expert stand where the brother was standing and brother was able to show them where the perp's head was in relation to a tree or a fence and they came up with a better description?

Still, it seems like a long time to do something so simple. That should have been done within a day or so, when they realized they did not have a suspect, I would think..

Over 6ft and 220 lbs, is a pretty decent sized man. He would have towered over Holly.

True and you would think that would be notice by the brother if he was three head taller:banghead:

Someone brought up the question what item of Holly's could have been found on the roadside that was a game changer, or that might point specifically to Holly being alive or dead.

Here's a thought I had:

What if someone found a prescription bottle with pills in it....and even though it had been laying out in the elements part of the name was still available "Holl" or "obo" or something....Think about it, a prescription would be something that a person might keep in their purse, depending on how often a day they had to take it.

If you knew someone had a prescription they took once each day and you see that the prescription was for 30 pills and was last filled on the 1st, then on the 13th you would expect there to be around 17 pills left....so if you find a bottle with 17 pills in it, it could suggest certain things and if you found the bottle with only 8 pills left, you might draw other conclusions..... I'm not saying that's what it is, but it's one example of the type of stuff they could find or could have found that I hadn't really heard mentioned.

Does anyone know if it's OK to put a YouTube video up? The reason I am asking is that there has been questions about Turkey camo, and I found a video of a guy Turkey hunting in TN with his camo gear on. Not saying he has anything to do with HB's kidnapping, but just to show the style. TYIA

So I wonder how tall the suspect will be next week. :waitasec:

c'mon. It's taken 3 weeks to profile height & weight & publish it?

Or was this info available b/4 and incorrect reports were copied to the thread?

I'm thinking we've had this info before, b/c in my mind's eye the guy was about 6 ft tall...for some reason...

JMHO.

I'm thinking we've had this info before, b/c in my mind's eye the guy was about 6 ft tall...for some reason...

JMHO.

I thought I had seen 6ft too, only because that is why I posted something about 2 RSO's that fit that height a few posts back.

Here is some camo I found that a guy uses hunting Turkey's in TN. Not by any means am I saying he is a PO. Hope this help anyone with the camo thing.

[video=youtube;CIzv7PB090M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIzv7PB090M[/video]

I sincerely hope that LE has given at least a little credible information to the locals(if they have any). I don't pretend to know anything about the psychology of police investigations, but I was under the impression that they didn't need any help(complete media blackout), so why throw out a new description after 3 weeks. And on what basis.
It must have been a pretty good tip in order to override the general description given by Hollys brother after 3 weeks. I'm not at all picking on any specific person and I'm just a concerned citizen with no LE background, but IMO, if they want help from the public, they're gonna have to up it a notch.

Maybe if they could at least say if he was wearing a hat, since no hair color is given? Or does everyone wear hats with "camo"? I have never had any experience with camo. And if everyone wears it there, why would the assumption automatically be the BF?

JMHO.

I posted this this morning about previous description from FBI and TBI:

BBM. Interestingly, TBI didn't include a description of the guy in any of their media releases, nor did the governor in his.

The FBI gives this description on their website, on Holly's page:

She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@...selected-uid=bb1bd1153dd631706de0eeee72b0c4ba

I'll see if I can dig up TBI in a presser or quote, or the Sheriff in a video giving a description.

ETA: Looks like Mehr from TBI gave a description on April 14:

He described the abductor as a white man about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...ontinues-Father-says-abductor-may-know-family

Or they had an expert stand where the brother was standing and brother was able to show them where the perp's head was in relation to a tree or a fence and they came up with a better description?

I was wondering if the brother was too traumatized until recently, and then they did hypnosis, or did some comparisons like you're talking about to get a better idea of the perp's size. They had to do something to refine it this way.

Maybe if they could at least say if he was wearing a hat, since no hair color is given? Or does everyone wear hats with "camo"? I have never had any experience with camo. And if everyone wears it there, why would the assumption automatically be the BF?

It's making me completely crazy. I want a better clothing description, especially what the heck was on his head.

Someone brought up the question what item of Holly's could have been found on the roadside that was a game changer, or that might point specifically to Holly being alive or dead.

Here's a thought I had:

What if someone found a prescription bottle with pills in it....and even though it had been laying out in the elements part of the name was still available "Holl" or "obo" or something....Think about it, a prescription would be something that a person might keep in their purse, depending on how often a day they had to take it.

If you knew someone had a prescription they took once each day and you see that the prescription was for 30 pills and was last filled on the 1st, then on the 13th you would expect there to be around 17 pills left....so if you find a bottle with 17 pills in it, it could suggest certain things and if you found the bottle with only 8 pills left, you might draw other conclusions..... I'm not saying that's what it is, but it's one example of the type of stuff they could find or could have found that I hadn't really heard mentioned.

That is the best answer to "what 'game changer' did they find along side the road?". Well done.

That is the best answer to "what 'game changer' did they find along side the road?". Well done.

A prescription bottle?
I don't think there is any reason to think Holly is on a daily medication, I supposed anything is possible. But then why would they need to wait and see if the clue had any value to the investigation, or whatever they said at the time?

Not that I have any specific guesses of my own...:(

updated description of perp - from TBI

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bobo-three-weeks-later,0,1587938.story

TBI agent John Mehr told News Channel 3 the man believed to have taken Holly from her Darden home on April 13 is 5'10" to 6'1" and between 200 and 220 lbs.

LOL! They grew him from 5'8" to 5'10"!!!!

Well, you called that one, lol. Seriously, though, I can't think with nothing more than that to go on, they might as well have said "some guy wearing camo". No skin color or even skin tone. No approximate age, no build. "Camo" could be anything from full out leafed camo to walmart casual camo. Based on that description alone, the potential perp pool is probably something slightly less than about 20% of the entire population of Tennessee.

I just did a news check and there's nothing new. Why aren't all the other local news stations blasting out the all new & improved description?

I still cant find a single news article, that stated the suspect was 5'8" to 5'10", all of them that I have read said the suspect was 5'10" to 6' around 200 lbs.
TBI seemed to be the only ones that got it wrong, in the height and added 20 lbs. and 1" to the approx height.

Was it ever stated he was Caucasian? Or is this an assumption because the brother thought it was the boyfriend? If he never saw him from the front how can this even be known?

The description is, basically, useless. It was a man, he wore camo and he was not small-framed or short.

Please tell me LE knows lots and lots more than this, yet I am not feeling that they do.

If he was in "full" camo with no hair description, how would they even know that he was Caucasian?

I think the news people are not blasting anything because at this point, with what very little other information there is to go with it, does 2" and 20 pounds really make a difference? (I'd like to add that 2" and 20 pounds would certainly make a difference on MY body LOL, but still probably not to anybody but me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place