TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is very odd here. I, and others, are still wondering why(and who) ask all middle Tennessee farmers to 'check their farms' in relation to this case. The TBI nor the TFB would never issue a public statement like that. I don't see anything about it in the posts here-I can't read them all-however if anyone else has heard this please clue me in. I got a e-mail snippet from other concerned land owners who had seen it posted on other missing persons forums.
I, most assuredly, don't need anyone telling me to check my land for a crime scene and nothing as large as a human body is going to stay on the ground very long in Tennessee this time of year without discovery. As a large land owner I have always had a good relationship with law enforcement and know this is not how cases-even one with all the oddities this one has-are handled.
Who could have issued a -somewhat insulting- request like this?

sp

The Bobo's themselves asked the local people to check their properties for anything unusual. Personally, I don't find it insulting in the least. They surely know nearly all the people to whom the request was directed. In a rural area, if she was killed and dumped somewhere, I'm sure the killer wouldn't have dumped her on their own place. So, it is quite possible she could be found on someone else's land. I have 40 acres and have no idea what might be out in my woods right this minute.

you guys have me thinking now... so Holly would have to go out the front door around the back to her car to leave for school right?

what door did she leave the house from..?

Did she encounter this person at the front door (was this the area the blood was found or the car port area in the back.. if that is indeed the car port area)?

theses are my question has well:waitasec:

we don't good close up picture of the carport?

I tried to guage the size of the rear of that car but could not. We have owned a mustang 100 years ago and they are small or at least the older ones were...don't know about the newer ones though.

Reading as much as I could on this case one of the things that shocks me is the perception that being a criminal/serving time/being arrested is "cool" in that area. I have such a hard time getting my head around it because there aren't that many people in the general area and yet so many of the people in that age group seem to have experience behind bars or at least in the back of a black and white.

Sadly I think part of Holly's situation is the result of bad luck. She grew up within a bad phase that a lot of areas go through where 5-10 years pass with a lot of bad kids going through before the younger generation decides they don't think it's cool, having a HS education and a menial job isn't the life they want. Maybe this terrible situation will be that impetus, I certainly hope so.

I always took TN to be a family centric, southern state with strong religous and family values. This case has me reading about meth problems/labs being #1 in the country and all the corruption and crime that goes along with it.

I think this case has a lot more talk than a normal case which was good. But I do think most cases have strong suspects that are never prosecuted because they cannot be due to lack of evidence. If that is the case here we will have to wait for the degenerate(s) to committ another crime which they will certainly do at some point. Once that happens maybe the family and friends will finally realize they aren't helping but I'm losing faith that will ever happen.

When you visit Nashville or Memphis the tours don't tell you about this underside of TN. That is for sure.

Wow. No one told me about this dirty underbelly either and I live in Tennessee! :eek: Actually, I think all states have their seedy side and probably almost all cities/towns have one as well. However, seriously, I am not at all aware that people in my state consider it "cool" to have been arrested and/or served time. Just curious where you are from? It must be a very quiet place, since there is apparently no crime there? LOL

I am new to WS and this is my first post. I've been following for this thread for a couple of weeks now, and I had a thought today that I had not heard discussed yet. I wonder if anyone local is aware of any new construction before or after Holly's disappearance?

It seems if this was a planned abduction (which IMO it was) whoever did it would have planned what to do after the adbuction. New construction could have been a way to dispose of her body (I remember a case not too long ago where someone was killed and put under concrete for a new patio). It could also be a way to hold her captive (obviously I hope it's this option) i.e. some sort of cage being built in a house/garage/shed.

It seems in a small community, someone would know of a person buying this material or working in their yard on something. I know construction projects are common, especially in rural areas, but this could be a red flag for residents.

In addition, in response to the "game changing" item, what if it was a receipt for construction materials pointing towards some sort of confinment structure? I seem to remember the family was optimistic about the find, so if LE had evidence that the abductor was building a place to hold her, wouldn't that give the family hope that she is alive?

My other thought on the game changing item would be a receipt for a large supply of food/water/supplies, pointing to a plan for keeping her alive as well.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

I am new to WS and this is my first post. I've been following for this thread for a couple of weeks now, and I had a thought today that I had not heard discussed yet. I wonder if anyone local is aware of any new construction before or after Holly's disappearance?

It seems if this was a planned abduction (which IMO it was) whoever did it would have planned what to do after the adbuction. New construction could have been a way to dispose of her body (I remember a case not too long ago where someone was killed and put under concrete for a new patio). It could also be a way to hold her captive (obviously I hope it's this option) i.e. some sort of cage being built in a house/garage/shed.

It seems in a small community, someone would know of a person buying this material or working in their yard on something. I know construction projects are common, especially in rural areas, but this could be a red flag for residents.

In addition, in response to the "game changing" item, what if it was a receipt for construction materials pointing towards some sort of confinment structure? I seem to remember the family was optimistic about the find, so if LE had evidence that the abductor was building a place to hold her, wouldn't that give the family hope that she is alive?

My other thought on the game changing item would be a receipt for a large supply of food/water/supplies, pointing to a plan for keeping her alive as well.

Welcome to WS! :welcome: And that is a very interesting question. I haven't heard of anything being discussed, but it is definitely something that should be considered!

I tried to capture a larger image. Let's see if this works. If not, then my first post will be one I hope to forget lol. :D

That first picture indicates a couple things to me.

If it happened in front of the house, she had a good chance of both having her screams heard by Clint, and of running right back into the house.

But in the back there, by what I do think is the carport, she was so far from the house, she had no chance of running back into the house, and less chance of Clint hearing her screams.

Also in the back there, with that distance from the house, it clarifies further to me why LE kept saying she knew she was in fear for her life. She just didn't have a chance at all. God her terror is so hard to think about.

I believe the Mustang was black. I remember seeing a photo of Holly with it...perhaps a senior pic. I'll see if I can find it.

Our poster amandareckonwith (sp) always has the greatest photos....I wish I could find her links with pictures from this case...I bet we could see more in hers.

I tried to capture a larger image. Let's see if this works. If not, then my first post will be one I hope to forget lol. :D

Thank you very much!!!!!
That is definitely a white car in the left side of the carport and the carport is a good distance from the house.
Good pictures and thanks again!

Wow. No one told me about this dirty underbelly either and I live in Tennessee! :eek: Actually, I think all states have their seedy side and probably almost all cities/towns have one as well. However, seriously, I am not at all aware that people in my state consider it "cool" to have been arrested and/or served time. Just curious where you are from? It must be a very quiet place, since there is apparently no crime there? LOL

:fence:I live in Memphis (duh) and we have a LOT of crime.
I grew up in Jackson about 35 miles from where Holly lives.
There has always been a fair share of theft and drugs in that area.
And in most other areas of the world as well.
A lock on a door only keeps an honest person out.
And evil is found everywhere.
Holly and her brother (I believe he is in social work) were doing what they needed to be doing with their lives. Nursing is a calling. I don't see them as the type to look for or cause trouble or to really have any enemies.
I have lived a long and often troubled life and I live without any known enemies.
IMO Holly was alive for weeks after her abduction and I am praying that she still is.
JMO

Did anyone notice the dirt road that winds around the back of the carport? I wonder where that goes? Could have the perp had his vehicle parked somewhere on that back road?

Welcome and good thoughts!
My family owns a lumber/hardware business in Jackson TN and we regularly make deliveries to that entire area.
I pray it couldn't have been one of our receipts.
I also know that a lot of bunkers are built in that area for storage and also for survivalists. Not to mention protection from tornadoes. Those shelters are very common in that area.
My niece is a nursing student the same age as Holly and attends Union in Jackson. She knew the girl that was being stalked there that led to the arrest of her stalker. Union security is topnotch.
All of the people I know who live in Parsons and surrounding areas think that Holly is being kept for a "spouse". Not by a local. This Fisher man who killed his family several years ago in Arizona is top on my list.
JMO

Scary......... anyone could be in that carport and not be seen until too late. Thanks BeanE that puts a better perspective on this for me. She was probably confronted right in that carport.

Sounds like there was no sort of alarm system - and after reading what was posted previously - wow!

Reading as much as I could on this case one of the things that shocks me is the perception that being a criminal/serving time/being arrested is "cool" in that area. I have such a hard time getting my head around it because there aren't that many people in the general area and yet so many of the people in that age group seem to have experience behind bars or at least in the back of a black and white.

Sadly I think part of Holly's situation is the result of bad luck. She grew up within a bad phase that a lot of areas go through where 5-10 years pass with a lot of bad kids going through before the younger generation decides they don't think it's cool, having a HS education and a menial job isn't the life they want. Maybe this terrible situation will be that impetus, I certainly hope so.

I always took TN to be a family centric, southern state with strong religous and family values. This case has me reading about meth problems/labs being #1 in the country and all the corruption and crime that goes along with it.

I think this case has a lot more talk than a normal case which was good. But I do think most cases have strong suspects that are never prosecuted because they cannot be due to lack of evidence. If that is the case here we will have to wait for the degenerate(s) to committ another crime which they will certainly do at some point. Once that happens maybe the family and friends will finally realize they aren't helping but I'm losing faith that will ever happen.

When you visit Nashville or Memphis the tours don't tell you about this underside of TN. That is for sure.

Something is very odd here. I, and others, are still wondering why(and who) ask all middle Tennessee farmers to 'check their farms' in relation to this case. The TBI nor the TFB would never issue a public statement like that. I don't see anything about it in the posts here-I can't read them all-however if anyone else has heard this please clue me in. I got a e-mail snippet from other concerned land owners who had seen it posted on other missing persons forums.
I, most assuredly, don't need anyone telling me to check my land for a crime scene and nothing as large as a human body is going to stay on the ground very long in Tennessee this time of year without discovery. As a large land owner I have always had a good relationship with law enforcement and know this is not how cases-even one with all the oddities this one has-are handled.
Who could have issued a -somewhat insulting- request like this?

sp

Hi...welcome to WS!!!

I just wanted to mention that, IMO, it probably wasn't meant in any negative way. Anyone who followed the Morgan Harrington case knows she was found on a large farm/pasture when the land owner was just out looking over his land, IIRC. She was at a rock concert and went missing. I'm pretty positive NO ONE searching for her would have thought to look there. And, there wasn't really a reason since it was private property....or it was just the thought that who would do something in an area like that??? I guess there's probably a lot of things that go on in large land parcels that the owner might not have any idea of.
My ex and I had a large working farm....there's soooo many "nooks and crannies" I never even knew existed...until we found remnants of a camp site one day.....like someone was there and was familiar with that place for a pretty long time.

I mean no offense....so please excuse me if it seems so.

bobohouse.jpg

In the second photo, it appears that there could be a carport that is attached to the rear of the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06