TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, the family released this short statement to AP - you think they'd print that statement in full everywhere.

Maybe soon they will.

The statement - in full - is less cryptic, and makes sense. It's a community thank you and a reminder to be vigilant for Holly, and to search one's own property.

No mention of LE in the statement. One wonders if LE was informed the statement was being released.

I'm still wondering what the exact camo type was, and whether or not it was walmart style or actual bdu's.

In that area I would think probably realtree or a bdu type.

You know, the family released this short statement to AP - you think they'd print that statement in full everywhere.

Maybe soon they will.

The statement - in full - is less cryptic, and makes sense. It's a community thank you and a reminder to be vigilant for Holly, and to search one's own property.

I agree. Searchers cannot search private land/property at all and LE cannot do so without the property owner's permission or a search warrant based on the presentation to the courts of probable cause. The statement from the family in its entirety is not cryptic at all to me.

I clicked the link and read the statement in full. The hand written "cover letter" for lack of a better term from the Pastor, and the hand written note from the family....

I'm fully expecting a pummeling for this (donning flame retardent suit now) but I know a lot of us have been waiting for something, anything from the family, and as has been speculated..some people would criticize anything that comes out, and dang if I'm not the first one...

But, really...hand written, not given to a media outlet and kind of slipped into the hand of 'whoever'...it's totally freaking me out! I'm really, really starting to wonder if they aren't getting some bad advice. I would love for them to have a heart to heart talk/visit from Sharon Rocha, or John Walsh because I can't shake the feeling that they are being misguided in some way. Yes, I know...maybe they're just a really, quiet, private family. But...just wow.

Things were already strange enough.

Here's the link to the scan of the letter for anyone who couldn't find it:

http://www.wkrn.com/link/487064/statement-from-holly-bobos-family-may-2-2011

I agree with the not cryptic part. But, what an odd way to release a statement.

I may have to take back my opinion, though. I hadn't looked at the scan until you pointed it out!!

I agree with the not cryptic part. But, what an odd way to release a statement.

It's not exactly a professional looking media release on TBI letterhead the way the announcement about the state reward was. I agree with you that this seems odd.

Except for being hand written its not a bad statement. So IDK. Perhaps someone needed it faxed somewhere and it was jotted down? The hand written statement posted here is/was a fax copy

It's not exactly a professional looking media release on TBI letterhead the way the announcement about the state reward was. I agree with you that this seems odd.

The TBI and John Mehr haven't exactly been forthcoming with statements. Perhaps they advised against issuing anything at this point in time. Maybe, from their prospective, the less attention the better.

Maybe the family didn't know exactly what to do after meeting with the Pastor, and they thought this would be the easiest way to get the message out there.

Except for being hand written its not a bad statement. So IDK. Perhaps someone needed it faxed somewhere and it was jotted down? The hand written statement posted here is/was a fax copy

The first thing TBI probably did was take every single computer in their house to search for clues. I doubt buying a new computer has been high on their list of things to do.

People really need to give them a break, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not questioning the family at all. But Will tweeted this:

This statement is said to have come from the Bobo family and relayed through the 'family spokesman'. #hollybobo

Last I had heard, Kevin Bromley was the family spokesman, not Pastor Don Franks of the Corinth Church. My concern is FOR the family, not ABOUT the family. I think the Pastor appears to be inserting himself in front of the family's very touching statement.

MOO

The form of the statement is baffling. The Bobo family message, in the body of the release, is heartfelt, sensible, sincere; the scrawled cover letter by the pastor - that's another story.

No one is criticizing the family.

The form of the statement is baffling. The Bobo family message, in the body of the release, is heartfelt, sensible, sincere; the scrawled cover letter by the pastor - that's another story.

Exactly. Thank you. My heart breaks for this family.

I'm not questioning the family at all. But Will tweeted this:

This statement is said to have come from the Bobo family and relayed through the 'family spokesman'. #hollybobo

Last I had heard, Kevin Bromley was the family spokesman, not Pastor Don Franks of the Corinth Church. My concern is FOR the family, not ABOUT the family. I think the Pastor appears to be inserting himself in front of the family's very touching statement.

MOO

Pastor may have not-so-neat handwriting and sentence structure, but I think his note was an attempt to 1) authenticate that the letter was indeed from his parishoner and 2) acknowledge that Holly, sadly, is not the only missing child out there.

The family's note was appropriate. IMO, I certainly don't see why we care if it's handwritten - maybe even in church, after a chat with the pastor who offered to fax it off to a press source.

This seems to be an open, honest, non-sanitized statement from Holly's family.

Makes me wish I could go search whoever's property they want me to search. :(

I agree. The Pastor's statement is strange and out of place. I honestly don't see any reason for it's inclusion. (Remember: I'm an Evangelical Pastor myself...I just couldn't imagine why he wrote what he wrote.)

Hear me: I'm not raising suspicions about anyone. Just saying it's just another really strange thing in this case.

I found the family's note of thanks to be warm, heartfelt, gracious, and especially touching in that they took the time to write it by hand.

Don Franks is Holly's Pastor. He's been in contact / interviewed by press.

Makes sense to me that if such a pastor was passing along a message from the family, he'd provide his name & church, etc., so the press could verify source, etc..

For example, here's a quote from Don Franks in an MSM article. (We've likely all seen it before.)

Bobo's pastor, Don Franks, described her as "a fine young Christian girl."

"The whole community is praying for her safety and well-being," Franks said.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/201..._1_nursing-student-practical-nurse-camouflage

I'm really, really starting to wonder if they aren't getting some bad advice. I would love for them to have a heart to heart talk/visit from Sharon Rocha, or John Walsh because I can't shake the feeling that they are being misguided in some way. Yes, I know...maybe they're just a really, quiet, private family. But...just wow.

Hey SunSoaker,

I agree that some type of interview could certainly reinvigorate the investigation, or at least the public support and effort within the investigation.

They are most likely staying away from interviews because they will ask questions (about the brother, the timeline, blood, cell phones, other evidence and a million other things), and the TBI has released very little information concerning the investigation.

I know that John Walsh has said some comments that, while being very true and things I absolutely agree with, are probably not in a direction the family is interested in going.

John Walsh "I urge her parents to keep going to the media, the media is very key in this case." John Walsh's comments can be seen 1:44 and on in this video Fox interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee