TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandmaj -- Your experience of stalking and being confronted is pretty traumatic. I'd think it would make me overly vigilant forever!

And HappyBonnie, it's a good point that students too might not be in classes at the time Holly went missing. Thinking about this last night, the timing just suddenly seemed important to me -- beyond the perp having been watching and knowing that her parents had already left the house. Just an idea based on (if I was a criminal) when I'd be most likely to act --- after work, after school, after being up for hours...

I'm too lazy to go back and find the direct post to quote, but someone back there was speaking about shiftwork and who might be up at that time in the morning. My dh is an avid turkey hunter, and often wakes at 3:30am to go hunting. He commonly goes hunting before work, and even went hunting before school as a student. In a rural area with many hunters, there are probably several local men that got out of bed that day in the wee hours and reported to work/school as normal, with the familiar alibi of hunting turkey. Being in camo reinforces that alibi. While I am positive that the majority of men (and women) fitting this description are most likely innocent, I would feel better knowing that all families who have a family member who went hunting that morning have followed up with LE.

Really? John and Patsy Ramsey, anyone? Didn't turn out too hot for them... If our own forum is any example there are many people who will criticize them no matter what they do - or don't do. Even when they were on the media last people here were trying to claim the mom's reaction was off...and let's not even go there about the treatment CB has gotten...they are criticized when they don't speak and criticized when they do. While I agree that I would take any mud anyone would sling at me if I thought it would bring my child home, in this small town I don't think anyone doesn't know she's missing, or know as much as we do if not more....so I don't know that it would benefit them necessarily at all.

Back when the Ramsey's were speaking out, I believed them. I wasn't on a crime forum then or anything but I never thought they were guilty. Same with Michael Jackson molesting children - just don't believe it's true.

On the other hand, I don't know what to believe about the Anthony's and all of their speaking out. IMO it's harmed them.

The family doesn't need to speak out everyday, all the time, but it would be nice if they'd clarify a few details. It's great that they know they're not involved in any way but the vast public doesn't know them from Adam.

I don't understand their silence now.

I am glad the parents are reaching out to thank the public. It must be so hard for them to write the first sentence let alone complete such a heart wrenching plea.

After the Sunday find, LE turning away volunteers, and the silence for days it bothered me enough to begin tossing the idea around in my head that maybe the perp took Holly far away. He is a stranger to most or everyone in town. He could have been sleeping in his car/truck. He might be equipped to camp in the state parks. Was he seen buying supplies in the area walmart.
Are there any other crimes that might tie in to the area (and I do think the other woman miles away but similar is intriguing) like stolen cars, missng equipment, an ATV for example?
Any mysterious deaths or bodies found in the suspected path?
I did find a suspicious death, one about n hour away north east up hwy 69 on the Tennessee River the day following Holly going missing. It was a high profile person and might explain why the governor would increase the reward. But, I am new at sleuthing so am probably just using my imagination to draw a relationship to Holly.

JMO
I am so sad and worried about Holly and her family. Praying for her to come home!

One of the things we haven't listed are the places where someone would go to work very early or leave very early 6:30 -7:30 in the morning. Or what is in the area.

Now I don't want business names brought here but have we checked out the area for transient type motels. The ones where you stay for a month or months because it is a cheap place to stay. Cabins, truck stops, are there hospitals close by, all night shopping? Factories with multiple shifts?

What is in the area that might have brought someone to that area if this abductor was a stranger to Holly?

A good way to list it would be

Factory, *advertiser censored* Street Name Leave the street Number out
Motel *advertiser censored* Street Name

hospital, Tennessee Ave S Parsons
truckstop/restaurant Hwy 641S open 24 hours Holladay
bar/restaurant Hwy 412 E closed tues,wed,- open 5pm m,thur,fri,sat,sun Parsons

Really? John and Patsy Ramsey, anyone? Didn't turn out too hot for them... If our own forum is any example there are many people who will criticize them no matter what they do - or don't do. Even when they were on the media last people here were trying to claim the mom's reaction was off...and let's not even go there about the treatment CB has gotten...they are criticized when they don't speak and criticized when they do. While I agree that I would take any mud anyone would sling at me if I thought it would bring my child home, in this small town I don't think anyone doesn't know she's missing, or know as much as we do if not more....so I don't know that it would benefit them necessarily at all.

The main and most important difference here is while he Ramseys were both eager to jump all of the media circus, they weren't eager at all to talk to LE!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I think it's not likely a search warrant would be issued just because a small portion of a much larger search hasn't allowed access. We've seen this in other cases, owners don't want their property searched. Maybe some have something to hide that has nothing to do with Holly but I also know a lot of people just don't want to have anything to do with the government or just don't want to get involved. I've known people like that throughout my life. Of course Holly's family could have specific people in mind who LE have an inkling about but in general it's unfortunately not uncommon for property owners to not consent to searches.

I agree, and I think this very articulate message from the family did a great job of evoking the spirit of volunteerism in the community. People who may otherwise not give consent for a search to LE will probably be encouraged (read: guilted) into searching their own property, which in the long run may be more productive than a 1,000-volunteer search in random places. Also, probable cause is not needed to search for what is already in plain sight and from above. LE can fly over with a helicopter and look at all this land, and it's my understanding they've already done so. Wouldn't it be great if some local person who had access to a helicopter could help other locals do aerial searches?

I think it's normal for the public to be asked to search their properties. When a lady was missing in my town either her family or LE asked the same thing, because there are quite a few rural areas outside town. It's a good thing to ask of people since someone might find something or have property that hasn't been searched. IMO, every business owner should also order or even pay for a search if they have an empty or gated property. If everyone would get it done, that would rule out all areas except for maybe one, the abductors home if he lives nearby.

Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14477180/day-7-of-search-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county

I found this article at casesiginal, thank you bean, at the bottom it states how they knew it was Holly's lunch bag, her mother packed her lunch for her that morning. Logic tells me that the reason Holly had a lunch with her was because she planned on eating it that day.
I know it has been said she had a test that day, but nothing about how long she would be at school, logic, lunch packed, will need it for school.
Another thing that tells me that Holly's mother possibly saw her that morning, was the time that Holly left the house, I believe it was around 7:30, I believe Holly's mother left around 7:00.
Every picture I have seen of Holly, her hair was styled and a full face of makeup, I would venture to say she looked like that every day she attended school, logic tells me, she would get up around 6:00, take a shower, blow dry her hair, hit it with a curling iron, put on her makeup and get dressed.
This takes time, not just jump out of bed, wash your face hair up in a pony tail, get dressed and out the door.
I would pretty much bet Holly's mother saw her that morning and if Holly is not found, in due time, I'm sure Holly's mom will share with us the last time she saw her.

I am surprised that this request to search properties did not come from LE weeks ago, and can't find anyplace where they ask the public to do this. I thought it was pretty standard, I think in Portland they asked people to do this right away when Kyron went missing. Wonder how LE could overlook this obvious request of the public, if they did.

Also, there were reports of some people who did not allow LE to search their homes/properties in Portland at the time, probably for various reasons as mentioned here. Some people just don't like LE around at all, and others, who may be doing something less than legal, are not going to believe LE when they say they will look the other way. Even Clint Dunn, Hailey's dad, got arrested for pot when he had LE searching his home. That said, I would hope everyone who has any amount of land would search on their own and would have done so long before now.

What are we missing here? Who knew Holly's schedule. Was it a stranger or someone in her circle at least someone who knew her from her school or other associations?

How do you feel about a RSO do you think this plays a part?

I'm trying to think about another home abduction? What other cases had home abductions and were they similar? Who ended up being the perp?

I also think the fact that they don't have a solid lead at least according to what we know, it is someone who flies under the radar. Someone who isn't being missed by family or work? NO?

Re: RSO Terry Britt

Just having moment to attempt to catch-up.. IMO Good find dotnet(even if he's not involved in this case.. Nonetheless I think this person should be brought to the light of day..someone such as this does nothing good by being hidden, laying low, flying under the radar, etc}..I'm sorry but IMO this is the exact criminal that has zero business or right to be sharing the sidewalk with you and I an our children!! IO he has displayed a crystal clear pattern of sexually violent attacks..

At the extremely young age of merely 18 he was convicted of Rape[tho I hardly believe that was his first attack..just first reported/prosecuted]..At or about exactly one decade later he again sexually attacks a victim and is convicted of Sexual Battery at 27yoa.. At or about one decade later, he once again sexually attacks a victim and yet again is convicted of Rape at 38yoa!!

A crystal clear pattern of violen sexual perpetration[and we all know the number of convictions does not accurately represent the true/factual number of attacks he has actually perpetrated..that number is much greater]..I certainly would like to know how in the hell a judge justifies allowing this predator to walk freely in our society amongst our children?!!??

It is not a question of "IF" this predator will attack again..but rather only "WHEN" will he attack his next innocent victim[if he hasn't already].Finding out this predator lives within 10 miles of the Bobo residence along with the fact that he literally lives within a stone's throw of where the lunchbox was found..IS MORE THAN DISTURBING!

Especially when you add in the crystal clear patten of behavior that his history lays out for us to see.. For 30 yrs+[3 decades]this man has violently sexually attacked at or about the exact every 10 year mark[Rape conviction, Sexual Battery conviction, Rape conviction]..Well he is due to attack based on his history[again that's if he hasn't already "attacked" and just hasn't yet been arrested for it]..

Disturbing to say the least..How in the heck is this a free man??

I am surprised that this request to search properties did not come from LE weeks ago, and can't find anyplace where they ask the public to do this. I thought it was pretty standard, I think in Portland they asked people to do this right away when Kyron went missing. Wonder how LE could overlook this obvious request of the public, if they did.

Also, there were reports of some people who did not allow LE to search their homes/properties in Portland at the time, probably for various reasons as mentioned here. Some people just don't like LE around at all, and others, who may be doing something less than legal, are not going to believe LE when they say they will look the other way. Even Clint Dunn, Hailey's dad, got arrested for pot when he had LE searching his home. That said, I would hope everyone who has any amount of land would search on their own and would have done so long before now.

Regarding the search of homes, when we took (emergency) custody of our grandson years ago, the police had to 'check' our house to make sure it was okay. There was nothing illegal but I was certainly praying that I hadn't left my underwear on the floor! Having your house searched is a very personal thing. I remember feeling like they were 'looking for something wrong'. I think that would deter some people, especially in a small town. I could imagine the 'gossip' regarding my choice of underwear or my unmade bed!

What are we missing here? Who knew Holly's schedule. Was it a stranger or someone in her circle at least someone who knew her from her school or other associations?

I'm trying to think about another home abduction? What other cases had home abductions and were they similar? Who ended up being the perp?

I also think the fact that they don't have a solid lead at least according to what we know, it is someone who flies under the radar. Someone who isn't being missed by family or work? NO?

I don't believe this has to be someone who knows Holly or even that he has to be "local." Any predator scopes out the area first and would have known where he could park to get to the house and exit with Holly via the woods. She might have been followed home on Tuesday evening or whenever she last arrived home. He could have spent the night in his truck, as well as crawling around to see where he could get the best view. He could be one of those cross-country predators/serial offenders, someone recently released from prison, someone who drives around looking for day work, any number of things. He may have seen her in a store and just zeroed in on her.

If it is a local, he must have gone back to his usual activities very quickly so as not to stand out in such a small community. If that is the case, Holly should be nearby. But if he is a wandering predator, he likely took her out of the area and disposed of her in some other rural place. This could be a case like Morgan Harrington, only instead of "lucking" into a vulnerable victim, he stalked one for a day or two. Ted Bundy used to do it both ways; sometimes he had his eye on a particular girl, other times he went with what was "available."

The more time that passes, the more I am leaning toward a stranger passing through town, someone who has done this sort of thing before and has probably been in prison for some violent crimes. (I sound like a profiler, they all say the same thing...:) )

Something just isn't sitting right with me on this case; I don't know how to explain it, but it just feels so different than so many others. I wish I could put my finger on it.

Regarding the search of homes, when we took (emergency) custody of our grandson years ago, the police had to 'check' our house to make sure it was okay. There was nothing illegal but I was certainly praying that I hadn't left my underwear on the floor! Having your house searched is a very personal thing. I remember feeling like they were 'looking for something wrong'. I think that would deter some people, especially in a small town. I could imagine the 'gossip' regarding my choice of underwear or my unmade bed!

I understand this thinking. And if you haven't done anything wrong some people feel this type of search is an invasion. I'm not sure whether LE asks everyone or not. I would imagine if it was an apartment bldg or condo unit yes. But private homes? I would imagine if LE is denied they might check to see the background of those that live there to try to determine if there is any reason to be concerned.

You know my husband had a heart attack. It was minor but when he came home from the hospital he threw bloodclots to the lung. Thankfully he is fine. But where I was going with this is when I called an ambulance LE came and the ambulance. And the first question out of the mouth of LE was, who is the diabetic? I said diabetic?

Remember I'm in panic my husband can't breath right now... he said what is the sharps container for? :doh: Well it is mine I said, the script is right on it. I'm not diabetic but I have to use an injectable arthritis drug. LOL So you see they notice these things they are trained that way. And I knew that because I used to be an EMT, but when you are nervous or in a panic you aren't on your toes , and that is exactly what they are counting on I think in these random searches. Watching for reaction.

I think I would probably let them search though and hand them a dust rag to swish around while they were touching stuff. :)

One of the puzzling things about the possibility of a stranger abduction, to me, is how could someone observe the family long enough to know what their morning schedule looked like without being seen, even in the woods? Many WSers were looking at maps and pics showing the home. Is it possible for someone to park a car on the main road or stand in the brush around their home and be undetected (I couldn't tell from the one photo I saw). If I remember correctly, the dad said it might be someone who knew their schedule. If the family members are observant people, I just have a hard time believing someone could be sitting there watching and their dogs wouldn't bark, they wouldn't see any cars nearby, etc.
Sorry if this has been covered before.

I'm been thinking about this too. Since we can't see her FB page, we have no idea what kind of info was on her wall. Or on her friend's FB pages for that matter.

It could be something as innocent as (this is just an example): have clinicals tomorrow @ ? time and etc. etc., I do believe this person waited for a golden opportunity and struck. Probably owns own business or is a contractor and doesn't have to report regularly like a 9-5er. JMO tho.

One of the puzzling things about the possibility of a stranger abduction, to me, is how could someone observe the family long enough to know what their morning schedule looked like without being seen, even in the woods? Many WSers were looking at maps and pics showing the home. Is it possible for someone to park a car on the main road or stand in the brush around their home and be undetected (I couldn't tell from the one photo I saw). If I remember correctly, the dad said it might be someone who knew their schedule. If the family members are observant people, I just have a hard time believing someone could be sitting there watching and their dogs wouldn't bark, they wouldn't see any cars nearby, etc.
Sorry if this has been covered before.

The only thing I can think of is the person was watching from the woods, or on foot while scoping out the family hiding in a bush or something.. I think unless we are really conscious of our surroundings it is sometimes easy to be watched without realizing it. Or he could have been in an area perhaps with binoculars? I don't think this was the usual opportunity snatch and grab. I feel this was planned. I could be totally wrong but this feels like it wasn't as sloppy as as a random snatch. Maybe a random abductor but not a random snatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES