TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be easier to get an idea of how much luck played into his timing, versus intense planning, if we knew anything about the schedule of Holly's brother. Did he leave the house at a certain time each day, maybe even work a late shift? Or were there only enough vehicles so that when the perp watched the parents leave and Holly came out, it was a fair assumption that no one was still in the house?

As it was, this was a witnessed abduction, and yet, as of three weeks later, he has managed to get away with it so far. That is pretty startling. It makes me think he was prepared to deal with anyone who interfered, if he had to.

I think he must have had a gun and/or knife, as Holly being frozen with fear is the only way I can imagine that she would not have dropped her things, screamed and made some kind of a run for it. Her keys should have been in her hand-how could she not have dropped them unless she just froze?

All very strange...and yet no real warning from LE about a possibly armed and dangerous offender.

Re: RSO XXXXXXXX

Thanks SmoothOperator. I do find that whole set or circumstances very relevant. One reason I didnt go into great detail was because I just wasnt sure how much to say and be proper so I left the info there for people to see and make their own conclusions.

BTW, on map distance between object and residence is just under 3 miles.

Another reason I didnt get too carried away was because I firmly believe that with the local, tbi, fbi, etc all involved there is no way they didnt see this. I figure they have either eliminated him as a suspect or are all over this angle and looking for corroborating evidence. I cant imagine this guy being able to get away with anything obvious. I imagine if they wanted to search or obtain anything from this guy LE would be able to find an avenue through the legal system to get what they want. So I believe he is either not involved or if he were he is not being overlooked.

On a similar note I imagine "everyone" in that community knows all about this guy.

Jabberwocky

Interesting side note, but I wasnt sure how to bring it up yet, in regards to "locations" follow up.

You posted this as a location:
truckstop/restaurant Hwy 641S open 24 hours Holladay

From the article I posted earlier there was mention of how strange it was for the author when they were going to help search and right off the hwy I 40 there is a "adult emportium" of sorts.

Well I looked further at the time that shop (although hard to find) is very near that truckstop. Its at the jct of 69 and I40 right next to the *advertiser censored* Motel. I could only find it by using street view on google map.

I dont know that it has any relevance excepting talking about places a perp might frequent, stay, etc.

The article mentions how strange it was on a saturday morning before noon that there were a lot of vehicles there. Im not so convinced because of the layout they may not have been gathered so much at the "adult emportium" as using the parking around it due to lots of people being in town to help on the search.

The author thought it was creepy to have that sort of establishment there. They thought of small towns as "little white church" and this as their first impression off the hwy was a little weird for them. I will say that I live in the middle of a pretty big city, and we dont even have very many places like that to be found...whatever!

I'll mention that article one more time to say that it goes into detail about several of the RSO's in the area and how they've been followed up on recently. It helps to eliminate potentially related situations.

...For what its all worth.

Mr. Walsh is right. A public presence keeps volunteers invigorated, perp's aware they are still being hunted, news media fixated on running the story, and makes sure people stay informed.

Is is difficult to face the media and risk breaking down over your loss?...yes, but the benefit far outweighs the cost.

Unfortunately ,there have been some very uncomfortable (for lack of a better word) moments in the media for the families of missing loved ones.

The Anthony's have forever changed how we used to assume families would behave.
Trenton Ducketts mom was pushed over the edge.The Runaway Bride's fiance' was hounded.
Kyron Hormon's family has been thoroughly dissected.
Maybe they are afraid they'll make things worse if they go public.

I'm not blaming anyone .The electronic age has forever changed the news media,some good and some bad.
Something is holding them back.Hopefully ,someone with experience will come forward and help them through this. Thank God Cindy Anthony is busy right now :innocent:

It might be easier to get an idea of how much luck played into his timing, versus intense planning, if we knew anything about the schedule of Holly's brother. Did he leave the house at a certain time each day, maybe even work a late shift? Or were there only enough vehicles so that when the perp watched the parents leave and Holly came out, it was a fair assumption that no one was still in the house?

As it was, this was a witnessed abduction, and yet, as of three weeks later, he has managed to get away with it so far. That is pretty startling. It makes me think he was prepared to deal with anyone who interfered, if he had to.

I think he must have had a gun and/or knife, as Holly being frozen with fear is the only way I can imagine that she would not have dropped her things, screamed and made some kind of a run for it. Her keys should have been in her hand-how could she not have dropped them unless she just froze?

All very strange...and yet no real warning from LE about a possibly armed and dangerous offender.

Really makes you wonder about whose blood it was if LE hasn't warned the public re: ARMED & DANGEROUS offender.

Unfortunately ,there have been some very uncomfortable (for lack of a better word) moments in the media for the families of missing loved ones.

The Anthony's have forever changed how we used to assume families would behave.
Trenton Ducketts mom was pushed over the edge.The Runaway Bride's fiance' was hounded.
Kyron Hormon's family has been thoroughly dissected.
Maybe they are afraid they'll make things worse if they go public.

I'm not blaming anyone .The electronic age has forever changed the news media,some good and some bad.
Something is holding them back.Hopefully ,someone with experience will come forward and help them through this. Thank God Cindy Anthony is busy right now :innocent:

I know there is no easy way to be the family of a missing person, but I do think the media has to be taken advantage of, whatever people say. They are going to say it anyway. If you have a chance to be on TV every day, someone in the family should probably do it. The stories do fall away from the public eye.

Thinking of Bethany Decker, for example. Not a word about her in months, and nothing that I know of from her family. It has made many people around the internet think that she went off on her own to have her baby. But there is no evidence of that.

All I am saying is people on the internet are going to talk either way, why not keep your child's face on TV as much as possible, since they are gossiping about the family anyway?

The most probable source of the blood, IMO, is HB. It could be from a nosebleed, if the abductor grabbed her from behind to stifle a scream. But I'm guessing he cut HB, to let her know he "meant business." I highly doubt it is animal blood (as part of a ruse, for example). That seems far-fetched to me. If the blood is not HB's, it'd probably belong to her abductor. In that case, I'd expect LE to ask for help: Did you notice someone at home or at work with an unusual cut that particular day? Only speculation, of course.

Blood Info:
The fact that the blood was analyzed, not released, no signifigant POI information, no leaks about searches for me says a few things.
a. The blood is not relevant.
b. The blood is not traceable to anyone already in the system.

If a. then I'd keep it secret to keep the perp guessing, or I might release it bc this is of small use in any case.

If b. this lets off the hook a whole lot of potential suspects.

My guess is it's Holly's too.

This case reminds me in some ways of the Brooke Wilberger case. I know some may disagree. The only thing left behind at the crime scene was her shoes. Neighbors heard her scream and that was the last she was heard from. I don't think the person who took Holly was a local, meaning from the community. I think he was someone who visited the area maybe a few times to hunt, and knew the area well enough. He could have just taken a chance that nobody would see him to identify him. And it just so happened that nobody was around to stop him. I think this guy could have traveled some distance and this is going to make it very difficult to zero in on him. JMO

The only thing I can think of is the person was watching from the woods, or on foot while scoping out the family hiding in a bush or something.. I think unless we are really conscious of our surroundings it is sometimes easy to be watched without realizing it. Or he could have been in an area perhaps with binoculars? I don't think this was the usual opportunity snatch and grab. I feel this was planned. I could be totally wrong but this feels like it wasn't as sloppy as as a random snatch. Maybe a random abductor but not a random snatch.

When you look at the property and circumstances surrounding, it certainly seems to me as if someone may have been stalking this family quietly. That doesn't mean they didn't have a vehicle- just that the vulnerability factor may have come from someone who knew enough to watch Holly (and her family) very quietly.

I wonder about the hours preceding the morning of Holly's abduction. Is there a MSM report that talks about where Holly was the evening before? Is there anyone that may have watched her or her other family members come home that evening/morning?

And I STILL want to know the camo type. Considering it was so specifically mentioned early on... was it army issue? Was it worn out, was it desert camo, was it appropriate for turkey season in TN, was it 'camo' that's popular fashion and can be purchased at most everywhere in the area?

Is there any report of hair type/style of the abductor? Long- short- bald- dark- light, etc?

When you look at the property and circumstances surrounding, it certainly seems to me as if someone may have been stalking this family quietly. That doesn't mean they didn't have a vehicle- just that the vulnerability factor may have come from someone who knew enough to watch Holly (and her family) very quietly.

I wonder about the hours preceding the morning of Holly's abduction. Is there a MSM report that talks about where Holly was the evening before? Is there anyone that may have watched her or her other family members come home that evening/morning?

And I STILL want to know the camo type. Considering it was so specifically mentioned early on... was it army issue? Was it worn out, was it desert camo, was it appropriate for turkey season in TN, was it 'camo' that's popular fashion and can be purchased at most everywhere in the area?

Is there any report of hair type/style of the abductor? Long- short- bald- dark- light, etc?

There has been nothing at all about what Holly did on Tuesday, or when she came home for the night. Someone could have followed her from the last place she was and just stayed in the woods all night, waiting and watching. There has also been no word about if the brother usually left the house in the morning, or if there was another vehicle besides the one Holly planned to use. If not, the perp could easily have watched mom and dad leave and just made his move when Holly appeared and headed for the car.

You would think LE would ask the public if anyone had seen Holly that Tuesday afternoon/evening and if they noticed any unusual vehicle or person at any of the places she went. They could try to bring the public back in their minds to April 12th, that Tuesday. Now it seems a little late, but it could still help if someone saw her in town and followed her home.

I was looking through junk again and ran accross these videos:
http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/c65d99ab-47d4-4bae-a140-81e713c52f28/News/Decatur-County-Search

http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/ece2f...obo-Sunday-Update-As-Authorities-Ask-For-Help

There's largely nothing new for most there. I just noted a few things in the reports that were new for me.

a) In both reports the newsperson mentions that polygraphs were taken. I dont know if this is mis-reported or whom took them, but I didnt know anyone had been given a polygraph that was reported by a news source.

b) In the 1st video it replays a different cut from the "parents plea". I hadn't heard this cut before and in it Holly's father says she was taken around 8 o'clock. I had heard 730 in the initial sheriff's interview and other reports.

I wish I could get at the "raw" video of this.

Whatever that's worth.

I keep wondering about the camo and other details as well. What kind of camo, what details can CB remember later that can be sketched together as useful descriptive pieces? Things like hat, hair, ammo belt, rip, type camo, boot color, anything precise and descriptive.

All I can figure is CB didnt get but a second to see, it was far away and he got absolutely no details (even those one might remember through visualization later on) or LE doesn't think this will help?! Maybe CB just got a glimpse of them as they were going through brush or something...I dunno.

It would be interesting to know if she did go out the night before to study with someone or to have dinner or a church meeting. Anything along those lines could have meant someone could have followed her the night before. I know there is frustration with the lack of details and I just keep hoping it is because while they don't know who it is yet, they might have an idea what happened and are following down leads.

Maybe since they don't know Holly's fate they are reluctant to be more public.

It would be interesting to know if she did go out the night before to study with someone or to have dinner or a church meeting. Anything along those lines could have meant someone could have followed her the night before. I know there is frustration with the lack of details and I just keep hoping it is because while they don't know who it is yet, they might have an idea what happened and are following down leads.

Maybe since they don't know Holly's fate they are reluctant to be more public.

I am really interested in that.

Also- interested in the Huntingdon County Career and Tech Center. Is that where Holly's nursing program is based out of? Trying to figure out the extended/on-line learning program that may have been available at her nursing school. Did Holly participate in that at all? and if so- who else did? I wonder if she had any online study partners or anyone like that.

ETA: the reason why I am so interested in the camo is because it was clearly noted as a descriptive factor early on in the investigation. Was this person wearing a camo hat? A camo facemask? What is typical of turkey season hunters in TN? Did it seem to be new or used camo? I understand that this info may be inaccurate because witnesses tend to be somewhat inaccurate- but there's probably a dark camo//light camo/ just pants camo with regular tee shirt- vs. full camo) kind of recollection. I would think?

Blood Info:
The fact that the blood was analyzed, not released, no signifigant POI information, no leaks about searches for me says a few things.
a. The blood is not relevant.
b. The blood is not traceable to anyone already in the system.

If a. then I'd keep it secret to keep the perp guessing, or I might release it bc this is of small use in any case.

If b. this lets off the hook a whole lot of potential suspects.

My guess is it's Holly's too.

Good points, but...
Isn't it likely the perp knows whose blood it is, or if it is unrelated or non-human? And the perp now knows that LE knows something about the blood, even if it is b.
LE is really only keeping it secret from the rest of us.

I agree that it's either Holly's or not relevant. IMO

If the blood is the perp's, or at least not Holly's, it is something to match with if anyone is ever arrested. So really unless it belongs to another member of the Bobo family, it probably is relevant.

I talked with a customer today on the phone who was from Knoxville, TN. I mentioned that I use to live there and missed it and he told me I wouldn't want to live there now. He said a lot of bad things are happenning down there anymore and that I was lucky not to live there. I asked him if he had been following the Bobo case and he told me he was. He stated that what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that there have been several young girls down there that have been disappearing in that area, not just Holly Bobo. He says the scenario is always the same and everytime he turns around there's another young girl gone missing. I wanted to ask him so badly if any of them eventually turn up dead or alive, but the guy was too emotional by then. The last words the guy said to me was, "Honey, you stay safe and stay where you are, because terrible things are happenning down here. Young girls are going missing and they can't seem to figure out who is doing it!"

OK so let me start this and jump in adding to it.

Holly was abducted from the driveway at her home in the time frame between 7:30 and 8:00 am.

The man was approximately 200 pounds and 5' 10".

The man was wearing Camo but we don't know what kind whether Walmart off the rack, real Govt. issued or hunting camo.

Lunchbox..... when was it found? Any more specifics.....

Keep it going let's see what we have?

I talked with a customer today on the phone who was from Knoxville, TN. I mentioned that I use to live there and missed it and he told me I wouldn't want to live there now. He said a lot of bad things are happenning down there anymore and that I was lucky not to live there. I asked him if he had been following the Bobo case and he told me he was. He stated that what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that there have been several young girls down there that have been disappearing in that area, not just Holly Bobo. He says the scenario is always the same and everytime he turns around there's another young girl gone missing. I wanted to ask him so badly if any of them eventually turn up dead or alive, but the guy was too emotional by then. The last words the guy said to me was, "Honey, you stay safe and stay were you are, because terrible things are happenning down here. Young girls are going missing and they can't seem to figure out who is doing it!"

This may be why they are looking at the other missing person cases. They may have a serial on their hands. :(

Who are some of the others who have gone missing there? We need to search old articles on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous