TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Just off the top of my head, to make a decent list (sleuthing) it would be cool to keep two lists initially. The 1st a list of missing women in tennessee (just guessing since 2010). The 2nd a filtered list of those who have been filtered and can not be ruled out as "runaway" or some other "non stranger abduction" scenario.

Seems it would be good to look for: missing, abducted, found deceased, assaulted no perp, etc.

Basically if you want to look through a county or other means, check it against the master list, if the person is not on there then do a little research to see if you can get more info(make notes) and then post the name. Can update the docs and see if we can get a decent list.

If we start finding more details we can cross-index that as well.

>>Id be willing to take suggestions and try to update the docs but I cant do all the research on my own<<

Attachments

• Full_List_Missing.doc
    24 KB · Views: 12
  • Filtered_List_Missing.doc
    22 KB · Views: 5
We could see if any of the scenarios fit any of the surrounding states as well like VA, NC, etc.

I'll start digging tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'm going to bed tonight, but I took tomorrow off from work and will see what I can find.

Alice Stachewicz 56:
This poor lady was found after a 3 day search. Disappeared Sun April 10 between 6p-8p. Found deceased in creek near home following Wed. Last seen arguing with family member in driveway. Left all personal belongings at home. No signs of foul play reported. Awaiting autopsy.

--doesn't seem to match, but plotted on map this is not too far north from parsons/darden in paris, tn.

So it's missing/found deceased, unknown situation.

Put on list, or leave it off?

I talked with a customer today on the phone who was from Knoxville, TN. I mentioned that I use to live there and missed it and he told me I wouldn't want to live there now. He said a lot of bad things are happenning down there anymore and that I was lucky not to live there. I asked him if he had been following the Bobo case and he told me he was. He stated that what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that there have been several young girls down there that have been disappearing in that area, not just Holly Bobo. He says the scenario is always the same and everytime he turns around there's another young girl gone missing. I wanted to ask him so badly if any of them eventually turn up dead or alive, but the guy was too emotional by then. The last words the guy said to me was, "Honey, you stay safe and stay where you are, because terrible things are happenning down here. Young girls are going missing and they can't seem to figure out who is doing it!"

It's interesting that you should bring this up as a topic. I have heard a lot of underground talk about women being kidnapped in Tennessee and then taken to the local regional airport (very close to HB's home) and flown out of the area.

Honestly, I didn't give it much thought because it just sounded so absurd. After reading your post, I googled "Human Trafficking In Tennessee" and was SHOCKED to see how many results. There are even references made to nurses.

She's a beautiful, blonde haired, young woman...At this point, it's probably as good of a lead as anything else.

IF what they found on Sunday gave them reason to believe that she was somehow a victim of this, and whisked away on a plane, that would certainly give them reason to stop searching the area.

P.S. The "Feds" even broke up a human trafficking ring in Tennessee last November. This could be the reason the FBI got involved so quickly.

I was going to add that this is harder than it seems. I spent about an hour more looking and didnt pull up even one more lead (I was only concentrating on missing and using google though). Such a big task I think...

...going to bed, catch up tommorrow.

It's interesting that you should bring this up as a topic. I have heard a lot of underground talk about women being kidnapped in Tennessee and then taken to the local regional airport (very close to HB's home) and flown out of the area.

Honestly, I didn't give it much thought because it just sounded so absurd. After reading your post, I googled "Human Trafficking In Tennessee" and was SHOCKED to see how many results. There are even references made to nurses.

She's a beautiful, blonde haired, young woman...At this point, it's probably as good of a lead as anything else.

IF what they found on Sunday gave them reason to believe that she was somehow a victim of this, and whisked away on a plane, that would certainly give them reason to stop searching the area.

Getting off topic here, but this reminded me that some of the family, even one of the original POI in the Haleigh Cummings case was from eastern TN.

There has been nothing at all about what Holly did on Tuesday, or when she came home for the night. Someone could have followed her from the last place she was and just stayed in the woods all night, waiting and watching. There has also been no word about if the brother usually left the house in the morning, or if there was another vehicle besides the one Holly planned to use. If not, the perp could easily have watched mom and dad leave and just made his move when Holly appeared and headed for the car.

You would think LE would ask the public if anyone had seen Holly that Tuesday afternoon/evening and if they noticed any unusual vehicle or person at any of the places she went. They could try to bring the public back in their minds to April 12th, that Tuesday. Now it seems a little late, but it could still help if someone saw her in town and followed her home.

I think the reason they haven't released anything about the days before her disappearance suggests either LE already knows the answer to that question or it's not relevant to what they already know happened to her. Of course, if she was at home that night, then her family saw her and they don't need to ask the public anything. MOO

Just checking in. Worried that no news has come out and no suspect and HB is still missing. Hope she is found soon

Authorities are now looking at the possibility that Bobo, a 20-year-old missing woman from Decatur County, may have been abducted in a home invasion
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/hea...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

this is snipped from the caption under the photo in the article

((goodmorning!))

Yes but i think its that same old, dated, information from day one. Its on the AMW web site too, or at least was. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it as being gospel or some hidden revelation. Just they threw something up and its still there.

I think the reason they haven't released anything about the days before her disappearance suggests either LE already knows the answer to that question or it's not relevant to what they already know happened to her. Of course, if she was at home that night, then her family saw her and they don't need to ask the public anything. MOO

She must have gone somewhere on the Tuesday before she was taken. Maybe someone saw her and doesn't even realize what day it was, unless reminded. People run into each other in small towns all the time. Someone may recall that it was the same day that they saw a "stranger" in town, for example. (I don't know how small a town this really is and have never lived in a small town, so this may be reaching a bit.)

Still, even if LE know what Holly did on Tuesday, they can't know who else may have seen her and noticed something unusual.

Authorities are now looking at the possibility that Bobo, a 20-year-old missing woman from Decatur County, may have been abducted in a home invasion
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/hea...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

this is snipped from the caption under the photo in the article

((goodmorning!))

Good Morning nurse :)

I don't understand why they want to call it home invasion.

Home Invasion definition:A break and enter of occupied residential premises with forced confinement, assault or battery of occupants

But what is it about the offence that characterizes it as a home invasion? Although the term home invasion is not defined in the Criminal Code ... ¶348.1 of the Code provides an instructive reference point. Under the heading Aggravating circumstance -- home invasion, ... directs a court sentencing an adult person convicted of unlawful confinement, robbery, extortion, or break and enter in relation to a dwelling house to consider as an aggravating circumstance the fact that the dwelling-house was occupied at the time of the commission of the offence and that the person in committing the offence,

knew that or was reckless as to whether the dwelling-house was occupied; and
used violence or threats of violence to a person or property....
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/H/HomeInvasion.aspx

She must have gone somewhere on the Tuesday before she was taken. Maybe someone saw her and doesn't even realize what day it was, unless reminded. People run into each other in small towns all the time. Someone may recall that it was the same day that they saw a "stranger" in town, for example. (I don't know how small a town this really is and have never lived in a small town, so this may be reaching a bit.)

Still, even if LE know what Holly did on Tuesday, they can't know who else may have seen her and noticed something unusual.

True. I live in a "small town" of 30,000 and I can't go anywhere in town (Wal Mart, post office, Food Lion, gas station) without seeing at least ONE person I know.

Good Morning nurse :)

I don't understand why they want to call it home invasion.

Home Invasion definition:A break and enter of occupied residential premises with forced confinement, assault or battery of occupants

But what is it about the offence that characterizes it as a home invasion? Although the term home invasion is not defined in the Criminal Code ... ¶348.1 of the Code provides an instructive reference point. Under the heading Aggravating circumstance -- home invasion, ... directs a court sentencing an adult person convicted of unlawful confinement, robbery, extortion, or break and enter in relation to a dwelling house to consider as an aggravating circumstance the fact that the dwelling-house was occupied at the time of the commission of the offence and that the person in committing the offence,

knew that or was reckless as to whether the dwelling-house was occupied; and
used violence or threats of violence to a person or property....
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/H/HomeInvasion.aspx

TF I really think the choice of terms and words printed, were lacking in the early hours of this investigation like we have seen with so many hours. It is misleading language from everything we have heard about what happened. :banghead:

Yes but i think its that same old, dated, information from day one. Its on the AMW web site too, or at least was. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it as being gospel or some hidden revelation. Just they threw something up and its still there.

not sure but it was the first time I have seen the terminology "home invasion" in a while. (since the start that is)... I don't necessarily think it is new info.. that being said, I am trying to find articles as they come out... ((few and far between that they seem to be...))

The "home invasion" wording came and went with the "dragged" away from her home. Both show up in some articles or on some sites, for dramatic purposes.

Two things I would love to know; if the car Holly was planning to use was the only one left at the house that day and whether her brother works or keeps a regular schedule. I saw one article about his line of work, but it was phrased as "worked." If someone followed her home on Tuesday and hid out overnight, they may have concluded that only Holly and her parents lived there, if brother never came or went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme