TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually its not too confusing when you go back and look at the actual LE reports and not fifth hand descriptions of what did or didnt happen.

The brother glanced out a window and saw a man in "full camo" leading his sister into the woods. He thought she was walking into the woods with her boyfriend, which I guess is not unusual. Later when he found her car still at the house and blood on the ground he became suspicious and called the police. LE has not said how close or far away Holly and camo man were from the window and in what direction they were going. Judging from aerial photos of the house it could be anywhere from a few feet to 50 yards away. So there is not a lot of detail to the suspect description.

Honestly at this late date too the description of him wearing camo is pretty useless since I am sure in three weeks he has changed clothes and isnt standing out in Hollys back yard any more.

BBM ~ Interesting. The boyfriend looks to be neither tall nor real short but I'm not sure he'd measure even 5'10 going by the picture of Holly (5'3") and him standing side-by-side. Also he's neither skinny and definitely not fat. A six foot tall guy at 220lbs. is bound to have a belly and look nothing like the boyfriend. :waitasec: Just saying. I'm sooo confused. :waitasec:

Do we know if there is still a police presence at the home after nearly a month? That would be exceptional and imply some possible danger to the family, if not from the perp than possibly from threats made toward the brother, for example? There was a lot of rancor directed toward him initially and anonymously on the internet, and their address and photos of the house have been available for weeks.

So I wonder what is next after people search their properties, in a perfect world everyone does this? With holding so much info back for their own reasons in regards to any future suspect(s), what else can the general public do? I am assuming locals are being vigil in looking to see who did not show up for work etc. What next? They have cut back the public searches and are doing their own. This could go on forever. Just wait and see? Sorry if I am becoming a bit impatient. They give you nothing to go on but what expect you will find the miracle evidence?

So I wonder what is next after people search their properties, in a perfect world everyone does this? With holding so much info back for their own reasons in regards to any future suspect(s), what else can the general public do? I am assuming locals are being vigil in looking to see who did not show up for work etc. What next? They have cut back the public searches and are doing their own. This could go on forever. Just wait and see? Sorry if I am becoming a big impatient. They give you nothing to go on but what expect you will find the miracle evidence?

Maybe they are waiting on forensics on items they found...maybe they will luck into a fingerprint and it will be in a database somewhere...if not, this case could turn into one of those we never hear much about, except on various special dates and anniversaries. Hope not, it is far too soon for that to happen. But LE, the family, or both have to keep it in the public's eye.

That is what I am afraid of-This becoming another cold case such as Jennifer Kesse or Tara Grinstead. I am going to continue my prayer that this will be solved soon. I hope for Holly and her parents some missing piece of the puzzle will be solved soon.....

Do we know if there is still a police presence at the home after nearly a month? That would be exceptional and imply some possible danger to the family, if not from the perp than possibly from threats made toward the brother, for example? There was a lot of rancor directed toward him initially and anonymously on the internet, and their address and photos of the house have been available for weeks.

This is a good question. I'll bet there is no police presence any longer at the home. I interpreted the police presence right after the abduction to: (1) protecting the potential "crime scene" from contamination; (2) protecting the Bobos from harrassment (by members of the media, curious neighbors, etc.). But what do I know? Not much.

i keep thinking about the blood today, just brainstorming here;

someone that knows her and knows she is pursuing nursing comes out of the woods just as she is leaving, they have blood on them and tell her "oh my god holly, we need you quick, so and so was just shot accidentaly while we were hunting, he is right in here we have to hurry"

*drip* blood on ground, she doesnt resist - but to an observer it does look like she is being ushered quickly into the woods but also not fighting, which works with both witnesses reports. maybe he tells her there is no time for 911 they have to stop the bleeding, gets her far enough into the woods and then subdues/forces her to continue on once she realizes something is up.

if the blood on the ground is blood from an animal that would fit with this scenario.

this is total speculation by me, no idea if other evidence works with this. but if the suspect is in fact a hunter they might be someone who would do something like this, and they might leave items in different places to throw off the trail.

i agree with people that have mentioned scenarios like this sound too much like TV but its just something i thought of today. the blood on the ground puzzles me, i wish we knew whose blood it is. hopefully the police already do.

I was LE at one point and you are right there are certain things that you withhold for interrogation purposes, but this is an awful vague description of the perp that could fit almost anyone of the same height, weight and who wore camos.

Carla, I am not implying that you are making anything up.

I am telling you, as an avid hunter in Tennessee, what is true about camo and how it is used.

Since I've not heard differently, it safe to assume the guy was wearing local camo (whatever that is) that would blend in with almost everyone else around there. As we have discussed, there are countless types of camo patterns. If the camo was 'different', that would stand out and would have probably been mentioned at least to LE. But, as usual, we have no details.

I'm more concerned with the general description, that is, going from boyfriend look alike to a biggish guy. That bothers me.

Hi everyone, first time poster, very long time lurker. I have one question (at this time), and I hope someone here could answer it for me. Holly has been listed as a "Kidnap" victim on the FBI list. Where I'm from, the difference between someone who has been abducted and a Kidnap victim is, there is a ransom note for a Kidnap victim, whereas there is no note from a person who has been abducted. I hope someone here can clear this up for me.

So I wonder what is next after people search their properties, in a perfect world everyone does this? With holding so much info back for their own reasons in regards to any future suspect(s), what else can the general public do? I am assuming locals are being vigil in looking to see who did not show up for work etc. What next? They have cut back the public searches and are doing their own. This could go on forever. Just wait and see? Sorry if I am becoming a bit impatient. They give you nothing to go on but what expect you will find the miracle evidence?

I don't want to be a downer but I just assumed LE meant peeps should look for a nonliving person. Now, I have no idea if I'm right about that, but that's where my mind went. That said, that doesn't mean they know for sure that Holly is deceased, they're just trying to rule out that possibility out and that she is not laying somewhere hidden but out in the open.

Hi everyone, first time poster, very long time lurker. I have one question (at this time), and I hope someone here could answer it for me. Holly has been listed as a "Kidnap" victim on the FBI list. Where I'm from, the difference between someone who has been abducted and a Kidnap victim is, there is a ransom note for a Kidnap victim, whereas there is no note from a person who has been abducted. I hope someone here can clear this up for me.

I think she is listed that way because it was a witnessed abduction, as opposed to the others listed as "missing" who may also have been kidnapped but no one saw it happen. I don't think a note has to factor into it at all.

woe- what i was thinking about that was that at first he thinks it is the boyfriend so he says "yeah the guy was just about the size of her boyfriend", then after talking with LE they say "ok, but now that you know that it wasnt the boyfriend, tell me how much taller than holly was this person? if we assume that it was not the boyfriend, does anything else now stand out?"

and he says 'yeah you know maybe he did seem too tall to be her boyfriend" etc...

complete speculation by me.

edit - sorry i should have quoted - what im referring to is woe talking about the change in size in the suspect descriptions.

if clint saw the camo from a distance (and a glance) it is possible he might eta not~ know the exact pattern...

perhaps... glanced..saw the colors and the height resembling the boyfriend and his mind making the logical leap..

I mean who looks out the window to even have this thought process in their brain.. that the person walking off into the woods with your sister is a sinister attacker.

If you look at the woodline from the house.. it is a good distance from any window of that house.

also further thoughts/just speculating..

it has been shown in photos during sleuthing here that the carport is behind the house... is it possible that clint was in the shower or getting dressed when he heard the scream that made him look out the window.. he than sees what he sees from that distance... walks out the door back around to his own car to go to work and sees holly's car still there when she should have been gone and also blood..

moo

Hi Spotlight, and welcome to WS.

I wish someone from the family would make a clear statement of what the facts were on April 13.

Are we certain that two 911 calls were made? Not that I know of, yet sometimes I read a post that sounds like that's a given.

Are we certain as to who even made the first 911 call? Mom or brother?

Are we certain the blood has anything to do with the case?

Was there blood on the lunch box or was that misspoken?

Why was Holly bringing a lunch when it's been reported she was going to school just to take a test?

I'd better leave now cuz I'm in a real bad mood (tired) and don't have anything to contribute right now. I hope LE cracks the case soon.

For this discussion, please read along Holly's thread #19 - begins with this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

basically (IIRC) - kidnapping... obviously involves abduction, but also involves holding someone against will - and as a criminal charge is carries some weight, and aggravated kidnapping becomes a very very serious charge. a number of things can make a kidnapping aggravated.

:wagon:

I wish someone from the family would make a clear statement of what the facts were on April 13.

Are we certain that two 911 calls were made? Not that I know of, yet sometimes I read a post that sounds like that's a given.

Are we certain as to who even made the first 911 call? Mom or brother?

Are we certain the blood has anything to do with the case?

Was there blood on the lunch box or was that misspoken?

Why was Holly bringing a lunch when it's been reported she was going to school just to take a test?

I'd better leave now cuz I'm in a real bad mood (tired) and don't have anything to contribute right now. I hope LE cracks the case soon.

Yes two 911 calls. Brother made one of them. Unidentified female made the other

Blood has been tested. No results made public.

No blood on lunch bag

she could have been going to school at 8 but had a test at 2 PM... dont know her exact schedule. Why she had the lunch bag is sort of moot. Her mom packed it and she had it. Her schedule for that day had not been well detailed. basically she was going to school...

:wagon:

So glad to have you join us! :blowkiss:

Someones photo bucket has a picture of both Holly and her boy friend in turkey camo clothing.
I'm not real good at finding that stuff, but I know some on here can find it in a minute.
You can distinguish turkey camo from military camo, turkey camo has foliage on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska