TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This investigation has lacked "urgency" for a couple weeks...and I've been trying to pinpoint when that feeling left this case. What would cause this...other than the fact that LE knows (or feels strongly) one of several things:
1. Holly is dead and they have a strong lead on the suspect
2. Holly is dead and the lead on a suspect is going to take time
3. Holly is dead and they think they have the suspect in custody
4. Holly is alive...and while in danger, not in immediate danger...
5. Holly is alive under some other scenario

6. LE is completely bungling this case.

im not claiming this, and i certainly hope it isnt so. but its a possibility.

We won't know whether the case was bungled for a long time. Look at the Jon Benet Ramsey case. I feel comfortable right now with the silence in the case. Too many people today feel that everything is a CSI case and it must be solved in X number of days. This is real life...it doesn't happen that way.

I don't think people are assuming it must be solved in a couple of days...but there are more questions in this case than many, such as what is so secretive about the days leading up to the abduction? Where Holly went on the Monday or Tuesday, for example, could be key. Is this info held back because LE does not need any help? That would be the only reason that makes sense to me.

I am also not assuming that the body found is not Holly just because we have not heard...but I do think it would be unusual if leaks had not come out, if she had been identified, even in this case.

Did anyone find a link about blond hair, re: the body found? Haven't seen that.

I think people here on WS realize that many cases in real life are not solved in days or weeks. But having followed crimes for a while, I do think we have a "feel" for the way cases are going...and this one is so quiet, I can hear a pin drop in the forest.

Back to the topic of whether or not authorities are sure Holly "disappeared into the woods" with her abductor and whether someone could have snuck onto her property...
Up until last year I lived on a 110-acre farm in a rural area. Everyone, including my husband and myself, had a least one dog. From observation over the years, I realized that one of a dog's most important jobs is alerting you to someone coming onto the property. Whenever we heard our dogs barking-- 90% of the time it was because someone was coming up our long driveway or driving slowly down the road. And they could hear it from inside the house before we could!

My questions are -- Do the Bobos have a dog? If so, where was he/she on the morning Holly disappeared?

I've wondered about this too. Someone said the Bobo family has two dogs - a little one and a retriever. I have a Lab and she can sense the phone is going to ring just before it does. If anyone approaches the house, except us, she barks. They say that Labs aren't good guard dogs because they're friendly but mine alerts when people approach. She's not yappy, she just alerts when something's going on. :waitasec:

But if this took place a distance away from the house - I just don't know????

I don't think people are assuming it must be solved in a couple of days...but there are more questions in this case than many, such as what is so secretive about the days leading up to the abduction? Where Holly went on the Monday or Tuesday, for example, could be key. Is this info held back because LE does not need any help? That would be the only reason that makes sense to me.

I am also not assuming that the body found is not Holly just because we have not heard...but I do think it would be unusual if leaks had not come out, if she had been identified, even in this case.

Did anyone find a link about blond hair, re: the body found? Haven't seen that.

I understand what you are saying, but what if LE had a suspicion of the guy from the very first day, but told the public that they had no idea, just to give the guy a chance to mess up. Maybe they have a person that they are sure did this and maybe they are following him. Or, maybe this person is already incarcerated for something else. In these cases, there would be no need to talk to the public except to satisfy their personal desire to know what's going on with this case.

There was never anything reported officially that the body found had blonde hair (that I know of).

I think people here on WS realize that many cases in real life are not solved in days or weeks. But having followed crimes for a while, I do think we have a "feel" for the way cases are going...and this one is so quiet, I can hear a pin drop in the forest.

I agree with you, as I have followed crimes for many many years and also know how things go. But, most of that is relying on media and gossip, which isn't always what LE officially reports. I feel that they are quiet for a reason and think that it won't be too long before we know. I don't want to be right...I hope I'm not.

This investigation has lacked "urgency" for a couple weeks...and I've been trying to pinpoint when that feeling left this case. What would cause this...other than the fact that LE knows (or feels strongly) one of several things:

I vote 3 but made still be alive

Investigation "Narrowed" in Holly Bobo Search Apr 26, 2011, 2:34 PM CDTPARSONS, TN The investigation into the abduction of a nursing student has narrowed its focus but no one is yet being identified as a suspect. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said the agency is in the process of identifying people of interest in the disappearance of 20-year-old Holly Bobo. Helm said many possibilities have been ruled out. The "focus" of the investigation and search is still on the "area surrounding the small community of Darden, where Bobo lived with her parents and brother". My Fox Memphis TN The agency has analyzed a small amount of blood that was found outside the home, but Helm said they are not releasing the results to the public.

BBM
I was just going over some old reports ('cause frankly, there's nothing new). I'm wondering if this quote means they are not narrowing their search on anybody WITHIN the Darden community, but rather the area SURROUNDING Darden?

What do you think?

It sounds to me as if they are emphasizing the surrounding area of Darden versus within Darden. :twocents:

I've wondered about this too. Someone said the Bobo family has two dogs - a little one and a retriever. I have a Lab and she can sense the phone is going to ring just before it does. If anyone approaches the house, except us, she barks. They say that Labs aren't good guard dogs because they're friendly but mine alerts when people approach. She's not yappy, she just alerts when something's going on. :waitasec:

But if this took place a distance away from the house - I just don't know????

Anne Pressly was murdered in her home with her two dogs present and aparently they did not 1) wake her up 2) stop the assault. According to the convicted suspect he had entered her bedroom and saw her asleep with the dogs. They were cocker spaniels.

I understand what you are saying, but what if LE had a suspicion of the guy from the very first day, but told the public that they had no idea, just to give the guy a chance to mess up. Maybe they have a person that they are sure did this and maybe they are following him. Or, maybe this person is already incarcerated for something else. In these cases, there would be no need to talk to the public except to satisfy their personal desire to know what's going on with this case.

There was never anything reported officially that the body found had blonde hair (that I know of).

It seems though, unless they are 100% sure they have the perp, they would want some witnesses to where he came across her, if he stalked her, etc. for court purposes. Most of them don't confess, so a case would have to be built.
I just don't have the feeling that they do know who did this...and yet they aren't reaching out to community much, which makes it confusing.

Identification on the db seems to be taking some additional time. Were there any other missing females from the last month or two in that area?

Something occured or was found Easter Sunday that greatly changed how this investigation was moving. Whatever went on that day, searches never resumed with public help and everything went quiet.

OK this Blogger person you are all sleuthing and linking to. He is not a named POI and he is not a Sex Offender. So please stop. Someone pointed out something said. That is OK but leave it all off the forum please he has nothing to do with this case other than he is a blogger with strange commentary and these links are not listed in the opening post as allowed links. Thanks.

About Tennessee Geography ~ Nashville is about a two hour drive from Parsons, Dollywood about three hours from Parsons. Dollywood is near the entrance to the Great Smokies. Just saying.

Someone had said it's five hours to the Smokies. I thought to myself that I can get to Nashville in under eight hours from Illinois which I have done. Then the drive to Dollywood is a hop, skip and a jump from there.

Identification on the db seems to be taking some additional time. Were there any other missing females from the last month or two in that area?

Something occured or was found Easter Sunday that greatly changed how this investigation was moving. Whatever went on that day, searches never resumed with public help and everything went quiet.

That is why the item being her phone has confused me so much...how would that bring things to a schreeching halt? I mean, of course they would hope to find her phone, and if parts were missing, might want help in finding the rest, but the way it all happened sure seemed dramatic for a phone that had not even been analyzed yet. Most likely, the battery would be dead, they'd have to get it charged, etc...but I don't have a clue what it could be besides a phone either...

Anne Pressly was murdered in her home with her two dogs present and aparently they did not 1) wake her up 2) stop the assault. According to the convicted suspect he had entered her bedroom and saw her asleep with the dogs. They were cocker spaniels.

Wow. I'm somewhat familiar with the AP case. Another sad tragedy. I didn't know/hear about the dogs. Did he leave the dogs alone? I feel bad for them too! I don't know much about cockers (cept they're cute and are sniffers). I'm surprised neither one woke up and alerted.

6. LE is completely bungling this case.

im not claiming this, and i certainly hope it isnt so. but its a possibility.

They are convinced Holly is dead and they are convinced they have the suspect in custody. But they really have completely bungled the case and Holly is being held alive by someone completely different who they aren't even looking for. (Elizabeth Smart...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member