TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the "lot of things" LE has changed their minds about. What are those things and how do you discern between what LE changed and the media variations?

So, there are only 2 inches from 5'10" and 6', pretty minimal from 25 yards out. The boyfriend looks heavier than 155lbs. Marginal weight differences can be difficult to calculate under loose clothing. So, I do not question why the brother would initially mistake the perp as Holly's boyfriend. I am not sure why there is continued consternation over this.

Initially, this case involved rapidly changing circumstances from transitions in LE agencies to numerous leads coming in that had to be verified. Leads led to evidence which lead to searches. Circumstantial evidence, along with interviews and tips, are factors in determining the nature and scope of the crimes as well as an initial categorization of the perp.

At this point, I would think certian theories have solidified and now are being pursued to determine POIs. It is also reasonable to think that evidence is being gathered to eliminate POIs or further develop a case to unravel a POI.

I really don't know if the different stories I have heard are the result of news media differences or LE. Everything I know is via news media.

I think it was odd that LE said they ruled out the brother so quickly the first day of news reports. Maybe a mistake.

And it seems to me LE is "creating" what the witness (brother) said he saw that morning instead of just telling us what the witness said he saw.

I'm sure something bad has happened to Holly. Not disputing that.

And I do not think much is going to come out about what LE currently thinks until they find Holly or give up trying to find her.

Video of Holly made me smile and then sad. Still great to see and the way I want to remember her regardless of how this all turns out.

-nice post!

My heart and prayers go out to the Bobo family. No matter which way one looks at this case its sad. I pray that Holly is found and brought home.

Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.

She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .

Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124

Please help us find Gail Nowacki Palmgren. Click here to join our discussion.

This is on the banner for Websleuths......An other missing blond haired woman in Tennessee....Wondering how close this town is to Holly's little town?

Dear God.......Please bring Holly home to those that love her!!

I hate to say it folks, but PCSO tried to do the same thing down in Florida where the HaLeigh Cummings case was concerned only they didn't succeed. They ran Cobra out of town and shut everybody down for a while down there. It was all the sideshows that got everything riled up back down there. TN is a different state. LE doesn't talk and I know that from experience. As I once stated a guy was shot in the back of the head five times in my childrens' school yard and LE was flooded with calls and the only thing that was ever mentioned was that it was a suicide and not another word was ever mentioned. Suicide right!

:eek:

that is quite an indictment. Snowbunny, not to give you a hard time or anything, but it would be really interesting to have a link on this if possible.

TIA!

Assuming the perp is local, let's take a look at the numbers.

According to the 2000 Census, there were 11,731 people living in Dacatur County, TN. 48.6% were men = 5,701. Assuming the perp age is 20-45 (31.6%), the number drops to 1,801. That is the number of potential suspects assuming the perp is a local male between the ages of 20 and 45.

If everone of them is a suspect, I wonder how fast LE and eliminate the other 1,800 to find the 1?

Still catching up the last couple pages so forgive if already addressed.. am wondering if this number could be shaved or narrowed even a bit more..

1,801 males in Decatur County ages 20-45..They can shave down the number by removing all African Americans[since LE has verified he is white male] but with the distance of the sighting I would be hesitant to narrow it down further as to the skin coloring such as Latino or Mexican as examples..IMO given the distance I'd say that would be too quick to assume..But definitely could rule out all African Americans from the 1,801 pool of possibility...

One other detail that could be used to lower and narrow that pool of possibilities is if LE is certain that the perp is of say atlas 5"8-5"9[And yes i know what LE's description of the perp is] and the number depends on if you go with LE's first describing the detail of height or the second description they released..and that is why I safely went with perp's height atleast being 5"8-5"9..Therefor LEwould be able to narrow the number of possibilities to any even smaller pool of men in Decatur County from the pool consisting of white males, 20-45yoa..by then removing all those who's height is under 5"9..

I am not sure of the percentages in Decatur county of what their make up of race is, but no matter how slim a percentage of differing ethnicities from that of the perp[whose been stated was indeed white/caucasian]by removing any males that are African American it would, regardless of how small, atleast narrow the scope of the investigation somewhat..That combined with removing any males of short stature[under 5"8 to err on the side of caution]..Would prove to atleast have forward movement in Holly's case..

For now I continue to pray for Holly if by some miracle she is still alive that she be spared from the evil of that which took her and thus far has kept her for unknown reasons[yet I know we all have the horrible thoughts of what his sick motive was for taking her[..I pray that God put a host of Angels surrounding Holly and keep her safe until we can find her..

ETA: one other thing while this topic is on my mind is that another possibility to help narrow down is by removing many handicapped such as wheel chair bound, removing anyone who on the day of April 13 had a type of injury that would've been clearly seen by the eyewitness..such as a broken leg with large cast and/or crutches, etc, etc..

I think if sat and pondered on details such as these that would almost positively rule out a good number of those 1, 801 men as possibilities.. if thought through I sincerely believe that number could infact be significantly smaller..

Just a few of my thoughts on various ways to narrow down the 1,801 males that are in the pool of possibilities..

Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.

She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .

Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124

Please help us find Gail Nowacki Palmgren. Click here to join our discussion.

This is on the banner for Websleuths......An other missing blond haired woman in Tennessee....Wondering how close this town is to Holly's little town?

It's quite a distance, and probably not related to Holly at all. You should read the thread and you'll see what I mean. :) It's more of a marital situation.

I think there would have to be a really big break in the case, or some family sideshow like we see in Hailey Dunn's case, to give up even a minute of Casey Anthony time...they've been waiting for this for too long.

Ain't it the truth!! I wonder if HLN realizes that not everybody is glued to the Casey Anthony coverage. It's a shame, considering that there are people going missing every day, and some of them are children, and their families need their loved ones' names out there.

I really don't know if the different stories I have heard are the result of news media differences or LE. Everything I know is via news media.

I think it was odd that LE said they ruled out the brother so quickly the first day of news reports. Maybe a mistake.

And it seems to me LE is "creating" what the witness (brother) said he saw that morning instead of just telling us what the witness said he saw.

I'm sure something bad has happened to Holly. Not disputing that.

And I do not think much is going to come out about what LE currently thinks until they find Holly or give up trying to find her.

I could be wrong, but I believe some of the changing details were the fault of the media, not necessarily LE. AFAIK, they DID tell us what the brother saw, and they have corrected the initial assumption that she was dragged, rather than being led. But the point is, the corrections were made by them.
It's really hard to separate all the rumors from facts, though.
As for the description changing, I don't think a couple inches and 20 lbs is that big a difference. I am sure that after interviewing the brother several times, the details are becoming more clear.
I still don't think that the abduction was made up, or the brother is covering up, because I believe LE would have picked up on that by now. They're pretty good at determining when someone is not telling the truth. And I feel quite certain that they have talked to him numerous times, although we are not privy to what they have learned in those conversations.
I agree that it's likely that something bad has happened to Holly. Sadly, until she is found, we probably won't know much more than that.

Ain't it the truth!! I wonder if HLN realizes that not everybody is glued to the Casey Anthony coverage. It's a shame, considering that there are people going missing every day, and some of them are children, and their families need their loved ones' names out there.

I totally agree. But you must admit there's not much to report about Holly's case because there's no developments being released and no comments from family. Nancy Grace would not have much material for a show on Holly. However there's a treasure trove of info on 'Tot-Mom' and the Anthony clan (Casey even had a meltdown in court yesterday, and had to be removed).

JMO

Nancy's show is only an hour, so being that Nancy and crew has been working on the Caylee Anthony case for years, I cut them some slack with regards to honing in on the trial. It's a monumental task I'm sure just to gather all of their resources to cover this one. Many of us here, devoted our time to the case.

However, someone else should take up the slack on the missing persons cases.

Beth Twitty (Holloway) is the host of a new program on missing persons. Not sure if it is on cold cases, active cases, or both. I believe it's called "Vanished" on the Lifetime network.

Psychic discussion of any kind is not allowed anywhere on WS without the owners permission. You can link to Forensic Astrology you cannot discuss what it says here. Talking about websites we cannot link to is known as baiting. Hinting to something we can't link to. If we can't link we can't discuss. MSM folks.

Psychic discussion of any kind is not allowed anywhere on WS without the owners permission. You can link to Forensic Astrology you cannot discuss what it says here. Talking about websites we cannot link to is known as baiting. Hinting to something we can't link to. If we can't link we can't discuss. MSM folks.

My mistake.

soooo once again nothing new? this case to me is going cold, cold, cold...Just like hailey Dunn.

An honorary walk for the family of local kidnap victim Holly Bobo will highlight the 4th Annual Carl Perkins Trail Ride being held this Saturday at the Natchez Trace Wrangler Campground.
The event benefits the local Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse located in Parsons.
Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student, was abducted four weeks ago from her home near Darden. Her brother Clint worked for the Carl Perkins Center for two years.
Now in its fourth year, the Carl Perkins Trail Ride will feature activities for the whole family throughout the day.
http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1720

Okay, forgive me for being dense, but will the ride (which is held every year) be dedicated to Holly this year, or will the ride be used to bolster awareness for another event, which is the actual walk?
I'm lost.

WTH is going on? I'm so confused by the silence. Hopefully the family has some sort of news, because at a month, the LAST thing I would be doing is being quiet... unless I had a dang good reason to. I'm shocked by their silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member