TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flummoxed too! Either this crime was meticulously planned to make it virtually impossible to find her, or, there is a piece of the puzzle we just don't know/are not being told.

I wonder if the Bobos have been subjected to harsher criticism than we realize. It might have compounded their pain. That could be the reason they've decided to stay out of the media glare. Who knows?

I'm flummoxed too! Either this crime was meticulously planned to make it virtually impossible to find her, or, there is a piece of the puzzle we just don't know/are not being told.

I don't even think it's the right puzzle. The COMPLETE silence says that there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. The family won't even talk to Wil Nunley after a month. No TV shows, no press conferences,etc. It's possible that this is a unique crime with a motive that is not the "norm",
and
the deafening silence by all involved is warranted and as long as the methods used are in the interest of finding Holly. I am in no way in a position to say they aren't, but I will follow this until it ends. I think we all have a vested interest in what works and what doesn't. Especially if you have kids.

i just started typing about a dozen times then stopped and deleted it, because nothing i have to say is worth anything. its not even worth typing. i have no clue about anything in this case anymore. nothing makes sense.

dont think i will have anything to say until this one is over.

lil, LOL! I just deleted a post! I can't post what I've read.

I do think though on Easter that clue lead them straight to Jason. I feel they are waiting for a grand jury to convene. Sadly, Holly hasn't been found. Luckily, he's in jail and isn't going anywhere while they look for Holly and build their case against him.

My prayers go out to her family.

I wonder if the Bobos have been subjected to harsher criticism than we realize. It might have compounded their pain. That could be the reason they've decided to stay out of the media glare. Who knows?

Sumzero you bring up an excellent point that I'd not given much thought to.. The family's silence possibly being due to some local harsh criticism or possibly even some harsh finger pointing as well. I am in no way saying that I would agree with these tactics if they were what was happening there in their small community but rather just thinking on it being the possible reason for their deafening silence..

I could definitely see this tiny community with having no answers, nor clue just what the he!! Is going on but I'd say it's quite likely with their having no answers to their many questions that they are downright scared and feeling as tho their worlds have been turned upside down with what has happened and there being absolutely zero resolution, and completely in the dark as to what is going on behind closed doors involving this investigation.. I can see their fear and frustration being somewhat turned on the only people who possibly know what's going on and they too are staying strangely 100% mum..

That people in the community start accusing and pointing the finger at the only person who they feel may know something, start to question the brother and as we all have seen in certain cases good intentions of a community without any assurance coming from their leaders of the community.. That fear quickly turns to anger and blame and have seen it go as far as to truly be modern witch hunts where they demand someone be "burned at the stake"(figuratively of course.. Atleast I hope)..

This would not surprise me in the very least if it is something similar that is reaching a boiling point in this tiny community..and I could see her family being in protective mode of their only child whom they still have and therefor they feel silence is their only choice at this point.. I hope I'm wrong..

But seriously something has gotta give and I hope that it's the "something" that would be the most positive at this stage a d that's that the community leaders and LE get together and realize that they do still have an entire community to worry about as well and that if that's not taken care of it could really really have this situation take an even more negative turn than what's already present their In their community..

Just some thoughts.. No facts and nothing set in stone..

I tend to think its the latter.

LE must strongly believe that the perp(s) are local and that Holly is still in the area, safe or not. Otherwise, we would have seen more active involvement of the FBI. I have not heard of any nationwide pleas to BOLO for Holly.

Also, there have been no media reports (or rumors) I have seen or read that even suggest any true LE searches via search warrant. In TN, grand jury proceedings, including search warrants, are secret until an indictment comes down and the perp is picked up. However, given the heightened number of media on the ground, someone would likely see a SWAT team type LE presence if any "hot" property was searched.

On the other hand, if they have ANY idea of who it could be, and if they have ANY idea that Holly would be wherever they think he might be, it becomes a rescue, and no search warrant is needed. Locally, we had a brutal torture-murder of a young couple, and had LE and the family fit the clues together a bit sooner, the girl might have been found alive, so I'm sure LE is plenty aware that any suspicion of where Holly might be must be acted on asap.

If they have the perp(s) DNA, they know by now that he is not in the national system or else there would have been warrants for his arrest out with nationwide publicity. But they appear to be placing almost all their marbles on the Parsons' area.

I think LE has convinced the family and about everybody else locally that "loose lips sink ship." Especially if it is someone local, they are going to have to find him before he finds out they are after him. Or at least they want it that way.

And as you put it, its a puzzle. LE hasn't solved it. We don't have near the pieces that LE does. And it looks like we won't know anything until they want us to. Or its leaked.

I can't think of a case where the family did not want any media attention after this long, with a child missing. She still needs to be found, even if they do have a suspect (perhaps). I hope LE knows what they are doing, I am not one who automatically assumes that they do. Every case is different and this may be one that simply baffles them, so they are going with the old "silence is golden" rule.

Okay, they just need that one piece of the puzzle...well, isn't that the case with almost any unsolved crime??

Okay, they just need that one piece of the puzzle...well, isn't that the case with almost any unsolved crime??
Yes, the person who did it. Sadly this smells like it's going to wind up a cold case.

in my latest theory of the crime i think it is especially true in this case tho (the one piece/tip thing)

i think they feel they know why she was taken, they dont believe it was to kill her or sexual in nature, they believe she is ok somewhere, but they just dont know exactly who took her or where they have her.

they have who narrowed down pretty good but no proof, but they have no specific idea where.

all complete speculation and just my current theory/hope.

Only way I could really see finger pointing or criticism directed at the family, especially when it comes to LE, is if one of them has refused a polygraph or refused to cooperate with the investigation. I would be sort of surprised if that was happening. Like many Ive always thought the brothers story and reaction during the abduction was bizarre, so hes the first guy I would think LE would try to clear as a suspect. Nothing would surprise me though.

i just started typing about a dozen times then stopped and deleted it, because nothing i have to say is worth anything. its not even worth typing. i have no clue about anything in this case anymore. nothing makes sense.

dont think i will have anything to say until this one is over.
I am with you.

Personally, I think that LE believes what the stats tell them:
Holly is dead.
She was dead within 48 hours of the last time that Clint saw her.
Her killer knows her, and she went with him under the threat of physical harm or the belief that if she didn't fight, she would make it.

They likely have POI's or suspects, but per TBI's standard procedure, they aren't going to publicize that until they have proof. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties