TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. They're telling people not to call with crazy theories and false leads, which happens in every case. Or calling to ask them for information, which also happens in every case. What they are saying is, if you have a legitimate lead or you actually know something that would help find Holly, fine, call it in. But if all someone wants to do is get attention, or to find out the latest information, then don't waste their time.

Why would someone not report a woman being dragged into a car? That would be the kind of call they would follow up on. But calls to tell they saw a UFO beaming Holly up, for instance, would probably be ignored.

I was driving through town yesterday and happened to see a person under an overpass. Now, we have VERY few homeless people here, and the city usually keeps all overpasses monitored. Hitchhikers, etc, are encouraged to just move on. When I saw the person, they were lying flat on their back, spread eagle, in jeans and barefoot. It almost got to 90 here yesterday, so my first thought was that someone who was traveling through got hot and was taking a break. However, as I continued to drive, I worried that the person might need medical help, or even worse... might not be alive. How could I live with myself if, in a couple of days, I heard that someone was found deceased under the bridge? So, even though I knew that it might get them unsolicited attention from LE, I called our county's non-emergent number. Told them what I saw, and asked that someone go check it out. Might be absolutely nothing, could be absolutely SOMETHING. She assured me I did the right thing.

IMHO, any call is better than no call. While I do maintain my composure over my Chik-fil-A Sauce, I do call (our non-emergent number) over randomly odd things. I might be the call that saves your life one day. :)

Has anyone seen or heard that the police are still stationed at the house? This to me is very strange.

It most likely is to shield the family from a constant stream of visitors, media and gawkers. If I am correct that LE has convinced the family not to speak to anyone about what they know so that the investigators' knowledge and direction can be kept from the public, the shield is vital to that end.

This is the post of the day for me! What in the world are they DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People call in all the time with rumors, false tips, crazy calls, or whatever. You have to weed thru the calls and check up on the ones that sound credible. You dont throw out statements like that that may discourage someone from calling in who may actually seen or know something. UGH!

They're just trying to remind everyone not to call them with crazy theories or rumors which wastes their time and resources. You would be surprised at the nutcases out there who call them just to make their jobs harder, they really have nothing of value to tell them, so they make up something. LE still has to check it out, and that can cost them the time they need to actually follow through on a legitimate lead.
If this reminder discourages someone who actually does know something, then they should have called it in from the beginning... or if it is something that they recently saw or heard that might help, then fine, call them... but they don't want things like "I had a dream last night that so-and-so..." or some amateur psychic who believes she is in water. There's one of those in every missing person case.

It most likely is to shield the family from a constant stream of visitors, media and gawkers. If I am correct that LE has convinced the family not to speak to anyone about what they know so that the investigators' knowledge and direction can be kept from the public, the shield is vital to that end.

I don't think we know that police are still there, or that they have told the family not to speak to the media.

The press release that Carla L put up felt a bit weird when I read it. They "have more leads than they can follow up on?" So, get some volunteers to help! Surely they can't say that they aren't finding Holly because they don't have enough manpower? Can they? Also, the "one puzzle piece" sounds like a cop out.

I've been very supportive of LE thus far and really hope that behind the scenes more is going on.

SNIPPED...

If we assume the abductor is local, he is definitely a threat to the community, and the community should be informed of any developments that might put them in jeopardy.

No. The abductor wanted Holly...and Holly only. He didn't want the community. Others might not be safe, but it won't be in this community next time.

I disagree. They're telling people not to call with crazy theories and false leads, which happens in every case. Or calling to ask them for information, which also happens in every case. What they are saying is, if you have a legitimate lead or you actually know something that would help find Holly, fine, call it in. But if all someone wants to do is get attention, or to find out the latest information, then don't waste their time.

Why would someone not report a woman being dragged into a car? That would be the kind of call they would follow up on. But calls to tell they saw a UFO beaming Holly up, for instance, would probably be ignored.

A quick perusal of the rumor boards (and most of us know where they are) tells me there are more than a few nutcases inserting themselves into Holly's disappearance. I've seen every theory in the book, and some that aren't in ANY book. This is what happens when there's no info released; people begin allowing their imaginations to run wild. People with too much time on their hands troll the net for any tidbit or name they can seize upon, then they run with it. THIS is what police want to discourage. There is a distinct difference between a TIP and a guess or a theory.

A question for someone who has been following the RSO theory - Does anyone know if LE has come out officially and said that the incarcerated RSO is NOT a suspect or person of interest?

LE should not be saying they have more leads than they can follow up on, while saying they are only a lead away from solving this case.

Maybe it was better when they did not say anything at all.

A question for someone who has been following the RSO theory - Does anyone know if LE has come out officially and said that the incarcerated RSO is NOT a suspect or person of interest?

Not that I can find...there was some confusion as they did say that the person another woman identified as her attacker was not the right man, as HE had an alibi...but I can't find where Nickell was ruled out absolutely.

Not that I can find...there was some confusion as they did say that the person another woman identified as her attacker was not the right man, as HE had an alibi...but I can't find where Nickell was ruled out absolutely.

Hmmm...was this Heather Sullivan who identified another man instead of Nickell? This little "piece of the puzzle" is still bothersome to me.

Hmmm...was this Heather Sullivan who identified another man instead of Nickell? This little "piece of the puzzle" is still bothersome to me.

No, another case, possibly in Dickson County? Where the woman viewed a lineup, picked someone out and then was told by LE it could not be him. I will see if I can find it, it has been a while. (Bean-do you remember??)

i completely understand the request but imo - the kind of people that would call with completely crazy stuff, and the kind of people that call with complete rumor that has no foundation in fact but sounds "really possible!" - these people are not the kind of callers that are going to stop before they call and think "oh wait, there was that polite request not to do just what im about to do, better not call."

they lack the ability to tell if what they are calling about is worth calling in.

i dont think the statement is likely to hurt, but i dont think it will help either.

Just saw this... (bbm)

Investigators close to cracking Holly Bobo missing case, report says

(CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - It has been more than one month since a man was seen leading 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo into the woods outside her home, but investigators say they think they are just one clue away from cracking the case, a report says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20062568-504083.html

ETA: I wonder if that one clue is figuring out who some DNA matches?

How do we know this? I keep seeing this question but no indication it is true.

This was covered many threads ago. There was local confirmation as well as MSM with a picture. Just search back through and you will find it.

This was covered many threads ago. There was local confirmation as well as MSM with a picture. Just search back through and you will find it.

I have read every post and do recall LE being at the Bobo home many weeks ago. My question pertains to knowledge that they are still guarding the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13