TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Bean.

This is why I wanted to stress the importance of the FBI classification and description of Holly's kidnapping.

A lot of misinformation seems to be floating around.. and while I understand the importance of determining who said what, and when, at a local and state level- as well as calling media on errors made in reporting... IMO the reality comes down to the FBI classifying this as a kidnapping, under the circumstances listed on Holly's poster.

Investigations change focus all the time- sometimes swiftly, and sometimes slowly.

Forget not giving information to families...sometimes LE doesn't even know what to tell themselves!

IMVHO the disjointed info about Holly's abduction is rooted in media. Not local or state LE, or Holly's family.

One of my biggest disappointments with this case was when LE claimed they only lacked one piece of the puzzle to have this case solved (which I know is what they say many times)....and they seemed so pleased on Easter after the big discovery....then nothing came of it. I really wish I knew what they had found. Yes, it was rumored to be Holly's cell phone. But we have no verification of that. I have even read that Holly's cell number called or texted Holly's mom and that was the reason for the elation. Once again, these are rumors since they are not confirmed.

Holly, Holly....we have been searching high and low, girl....please come home!

Maybe the title of this thread should be altered to reflect an actual abduction; as it reads now, it does not help clear up any of the confusion, at least that is how it reads to me, as though we don't even know if we believe it.

Everybody - please don't bicker. Agree to disagree. If something is found in the media and it has not been officially disclaimed, a poster can decide for themselves how much weight to give that information. It's okay.

Not everybody has to agree on all the details, or any of the details. It's okay not to agree. Just move on past the posts you don't agree with and continue to state the facts/details as you understand.

Thanks,

Salem

Ok, moving on to whether I think this particular instance of NG
site was correct about the blood on the lunchbox and why I posted it.

There has been such a drought of usable information on this case
that when I saw what could have been a new nugget
(or 2 nuggets-can't remember) of previously unreported info
I decided it was worth posting the info (with source link)
and letting people decide for themselves if they believed it to be true
or not.

As I said in a previous post I too have doubts about the NG site as
a source of irrefutable information but even though it has been wrong
on occasion it has also been right sometimes.

It is just possible that they were given access to info not given to other
less national sized media outlets and /or perhaps someone sort of
'spoke out of school' telling us something that perhaps LE would rather
was not made available to the general public.
I do not know but it was possible nuggets of information in a drought of
such things and so I used it.

I do think it is at least reasonable that if Holly was bleeding then she
might have gotten blood on anything she was carrying.
For now I keep it in the realm of being possible- in my own opinion
but with a healthy dose of wait and see thrown in.

What was said:
'. . .NORVILLE: Also covering the case is Joe Gomez. He`s a reporter with KTRH radio. . . .'

' . . . Now, we`ve only found a lunchbox belonging to Holly with blood stains on it.
That was eight miles away from the house near a creek . . .'

' . . . He must have known where he was going. I mean this is a very densely wooded area,
very rough terrain and the fact that we have not found any traces of her
outside of a lunchbox and some blood in a carport . . .'

' . . . and there was also some duct tape. I spoke with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
It was found on the road near Holly`s house, not at her house.
They would not comment on whether or not there was blond hair on it,
but it has been reported that there was. And they`re not saying if it is hers or not, . . .'
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/19/ng.01.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++

' . . . There's also some duct tape with blonde hair attached. The TBI is
running tests to see if the hair belongs to Bobo. . . .'

' . . . There are wadded up papers, which could have been her school
work. . . .'
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14477180/day-7-of-search-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county

Hmmm wonder why the papers were wadded up and thrown away
if they were actually Holly's papers. Was someone looking for something?

I think someone mentioned in a previous post that
they thought the duct tape looked new.
Assuming the duct tape pictured was not some dramatization
meant to represent what was found, I am glad if it would turn out to
really be new tape as that might mean there is video somewhere
of that tape being purchased at a store.

Personally, I think the "blood on lunchpail" from NG show was careless reporting, the reporter is from a radio talk station in Houston, apparently, and it seems very unlikely to me he would have a "scoop" of any kind, far more likely that he would just be repeating, incorrectly, various bits and pieces he had "picked up." And NG is the perfect place to do that, as no one is ever challenged for any incorrect or provocative statements they make.

I agree, Bean.

This is why I wanted to stress the importance of the FBI classification and description of Holly's kidnapping.

A lot of misinformation seems to be floating around.. and while I understand the importance of determining who said what, and when, at a local and state level- as well as calling media on errors made in reporting... IMO the reality comes down to the FBI classifying this as a kidnapping, under the circumstances listed on Holly's poster.

Investigations change focus all the time- sometimes swiftly, and sometimes slowly.

Forget not giving information to families...sometimes LE doesn't even know what to tell themselves!

IMVHO the disjointed info about Holly's abduction is rooted in media. Not local or state LE, or Holly's family.
I am wondering impressions on how the media is responsible for disjointed information in the case when a lot of the information is direct quotes from the TBI and the Bobo family.
Any thoughts?

After doing some review/research I have found the following:

Mary Mills, age 34, has been missing since April 8, 2011 from Madison County, AL which borders TN.

Holly Bobo, age 20, has been missing since April 13, 2011 from Darden, TN.

Gail Palmgren, age 44, has been missing since April 30, 2011 from Signal Mountain, TN.

All three females are blond.

Also according to my reading of a map, it appears that Chattanooga, TN is the central location of the three above locales. Could these cases be related? And if so, could this perp be living in Chattanooga?

Do you think you can do a map and put a marker on all locations? I would like to see that.

I'm having a hard time mapping multiple locations on googlemaps. If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate a link on a how to. Thanks.

Personally, I think the "blood on lunchpail"
from NG show was careless reporting, the reporter is from a radio talk
station in Houston, apparently, and it seems very unlikely to me he would
have a "scoop" of any kind, far more likely that he would just be
repeating, incorrectly, various bits and pieces he had "picked up." And NG
is the perfect place to do that, as no one is ever challenged for any
incorrect or provocative statements they make.
You certainly have a valid point (in my opinion.)
Still it is a possibility until we can rule it out with evidence.
I wonder if that radio reporter could be contacted to see what he has to
say about the remark he made that day? I mean often radio stations have
a link on their website to use to contact the reporter and so forth.

ETA: I found the radio station website and the link to send Joe Gomez
a message and I sent a message asking him about his remark
on the Nancy Grace show. If he responds I will let you know.

Local parasearchers join search for Holly Bobo

He says through power paragliding they can get clear aerial views of the woods where Holly was last seen.

It’s a view he believes hasn't been fully utilized so far in this search because power para-gliders are unique in being able to fly low and slow.

“She's heartbroken and she's concerned that there hasn't been enough action in terms of searching,” adds Dubin.

He says Holly's mother- Karen asked for his Parasearchers to trace land that she believes has been overlooked.

“Mrs. Bobo says she has some charts for us to look at when we get up there today,” Dubin explains. “She mentioned that the TBI had some areas that they want us to look at as well if we're still there on Tuesday.”

An air search that Dubin says may turn up new evidence.

“We gave the ability to look vertically straight down unencumbered so we can see straight in the corn fields, straight in the woods.”

“There's no real light in the subject at all,” says fellow parasearcher Robert Miller. “We really felt this would be a good opportunity to get out there and help somebody.”

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2011/jul/31/local-parasearchers-join-search-holly-bobo-ar-1209009/

I wonder if the family contacted TES? :waitasec:

I have recieved a response from Joe Gomez and have
responded back asking for clarification of something he told me.

It does seem as if the blood on the lunchbox may have
been the result of botched communication between
LE and those reporting.

It seems, according to him, LE told them one thing and
then later said something else.
When I know more I will post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online