TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm finding, this report is attributed to either "a magazine" or "OK magazine". I'm on my iPad, so I'm having trouble bringing up previous issues from OK, maybe someone else can find the original article (it looks like it was from around 4/20) just to see if they attribute the statement to anyone, or a certain agency (doubtful, but I'm just curious).

Thanks for posting this!! If I count right, at least 5 different LEOs stated the blood was found in/on the carport. Now, all of a sudden, CB uses the word garage to IMHO refer to the carport, and all of a sudden we have a dead turkey inside the house along with Holly and her abductor. IMHO I think there is too much reading into the use of the word garage. I've had friends whose parents converted a garage into a family room or bedroom, and after that it wasn't still referred to as "the garage", it was referred to as the family room or the bedroom. I believe the terms garage and carport can and are being used interchangeably and that this has caused some serious confusion and speculation.

Yes, CB says the garage is attached to the house, but looking at the pics and vids so is the carport. Also the carport can be somewhat enclosed, maybe the back wall and the side, it's very hard to tell from the pics.

BBM. I think there's too much reading into the use of the word turkey :turkey:

I didn't take it from what Clint said that there was a turkey anywhere - simply that he had the thought at the time that perhaps they were bent down looking at a turkey. :turkey:

After mulling it all over last night as I was going to sleep, I've gone back to thinking the garage/carport being referred to is the part attached to the back of the house, rather than the part in the front of the house that's been said to have been converted to a living space.

There is more pointing to a garage/carport/car-containing-like area, than there is to a living space area.

:cow:

Ok perhaps this will help with understanding what happened and where.

I made this sketch based on several ground level and aerial views of the house, and also from some discussions here before with a verified local who was familiar with the floor plan and interior layout to a general extent.

Bobofloorplan.jpg

1) open air carport at the back of the house
2) door from back of house to car port (assumption based on how most car
ports have a door to the house. The door could be by the small patio above
the carport, as well.)
3) front door to the house
4) another door to the house
5) above ground pool you can not see over
6) driveway to Swan Johnson road
7) garage with doors walled over and converted to living space. No doors
visible, just windows on three sides, based on photos. A verified regular
here confirmed this was a remodeled garage now used as living or interior
house space, but was still called "the garage" by the Bobos.
8) where I think the Kitchen windows would be
9) unknown area of the house. Since the garage and/or house was
remodeled, I am unsure what this area is like.

NOTE Areas 1-7-9 could all be construed to be the garage, I suppose

A and B - hypothetical divider walls. I feel there is some connection between the Garage and Carport. Perhaps this area is used for utilities like washing machine, storage, etc. It may very well be that 7 and 9 are one large room and that Clint looked through some opening along A and saw Holly and the suspect in this "garage" area, Clint stated very clearly the Garage was attached to the house and they were IN the Garage and blood was found IN the Garage.

C old front of the garage that would have had opening garage doors at one time but now has just a window. The shape of the driveway matches this location too. There is a large concrete stoop in front of the front door of the house that seems to have been added perhaps when the garage was remodelled. Perhaps 4) the second door, was the original front door?

Based on aerial photos you can see a dirt trail around the top end of the house from the edge of the driveway, around the pool, and back to the car port. There is at least one photo showing a car parked in front of but not under the car port.

I assume based on the JVM interview that, perhaps, Clint was in the upper area of the house and heard the voices somewhere perhaps around the back patio or carport area. Did the suspect accost Holly at her car, where she dropped a Coke can? Did the suspect then force Holly back into the garage/house?

I think at this point is when the suspect struck or hurt Holly somehow, causing the blood loss. This is when Clint saw them kneeling down. It may be also that the suspect heard the barking dog and/or Clint and was spooked. Based on Clint's statements it did not seem to be brightly lit and could the suspect have shhhhhhhed Holly and made her kneel down in an attempt to hide? Perhaps he had been taking Holly back into the house and was spooked, and decided to take Holly with him. So they leave out through the carport again. Clint sees them passing the kitchen window heading to his right, which would be roughly North.

From what I'm finding, this report is attributed to either "a magazine" or "OK magazine". I'm on my iPad, so I'm having trouble bringing up previous issues from OK, maybe someone else can find the original article (it looks like it was from around 4/20) just to see if they attribute the statement to anyone, or a certain agency (doubtful, but I'm just curious).

It was on Nancy Grace, referring to OK mag.

NANCY GRACE – DNA Results in Holly Bobo Case – Aired April 20, 2011
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

NORVILLE: … Rupa — let me just stop you there, on the flecks of blood. That was reported by “OK!” magazine. It has not been confirmed by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. How reliable is that? Have we been able to get this confirmed from any other source?

MIKKILINENI: Deborah, what we do know is the blood was found. The type of spatter, whether it`s flecks or not, not confirmed by police.

NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

BROMLEY: He`s not described it to me.

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in one report from D Norville via OK magazine.

IMHO, if the "garage" that was converted into a living space which is attached to the house was where CB saw them, he would not have said "No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage" since they would still be inside. I still believe they were in the carport at the back of the house, "outside the house", and he's calling the carport the garage.

With all due respect, feel free to disagree with me, but the above is MO.

According to Clint he saw silhouettes which implies it was not brightly lit. Yet the sun was well up at this time of the morning at that date. So I do not think he was looking at people outside. I do think he was looking into the garage area of the house as he said in his interview.

But it is all really confusiing. I wish the family would do an interview in the home with perhaps a reenactment or at least views of what happened where, and a view out the window where he saw them walking.

When I was following the Anne Pressly murder, Anne's mom did exactly that. She walked a reporter through the morning's events when she found Anne assaulted in the bedroom of her house.

It was on Nancy Grace, referring to OK mag.

NANCY GRACE – DNA Results in Holly Bobo Case – Aired April 20, 2011
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

NORVILLE: … Rupa — let me just stop you there, on the flecks of blood. That was reported by “OK!” magazine. It has not been confirmed by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. How reliable is that? Have we been able to get this confirmed from any other source?

MIKKILINENI: Deborah, what we do know is the blood was found. The type of spatter, whether it`s flecks or not, not confirmed by police.

NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

BROMLEY: He`s not described it to me.

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in one report from D Norville via OK magazine.

Thanks! I think I might have gotten that and the radio jock from TX mixed up with something else altogether. I remember the OK mag thing now. It's a celebrity gossip type mag. Sorry about that.

Thanks for posting this!! If I count right, at least 5 different LEOs stated the blood was found in/on the carport. Now, all of a sudden, CB uses the word garage to IMHO refer to the carport, and all of a sudden we have a dead turkey inside the house along with Holly and her abductor.]

Since the JVM interview with the Bobo family, most posters have been commenting about the "VERY confusing" witness statements . As some posters have already said (paraphrasing), if your lucky to have "a" witness, their account is the one constant. Not so in this case, and the statements surrounding this account have caused more confusion than clarity.

WARNING!!! IMHOO!!:truce: Maybe the 7:30 account never happened! Could that be a possibility???

According to Clint he saw silhouettes which implies it was not brightly lit. Yet the sun was well up at this time of the morning at that date. So I do not think he was looking at people outside. I do think he was looking into the garage area of the house as he said in his interview.

But it is all really confusiing. I wish the family would do an interview in the home with perhaps a reenactment or at least views of what happened where, and a view out the window where he saw them walking.

When I was following the Anne Pressly murder, Anne's mom did exactly that. She walked a reporter through the morning's events when she found Anne assaulted in the bedroom of her house.
BBM

As I recall from a post that covered the weather that day, the sun was up for approx an hour that morning (6:30ish as I recall), the carport is on roughly the West side of the house, it would have been in shadows at that time of day with the sun being up only an hour or so.

Yes, it is confusing, that I agree with. But I wouldn't hold my breath for any reenactment the way things have gone so far.

Since the JVM interview with the Bobo family, most posters have been commenting about the "VERY confusing" witness statements . As some posters have already said (paraphrasing), if your lucky to have "a" witness, their account is the one constant. Not so in this case, and the statements surrounding this account have caused more confusion than clarity.

WARNING!!! IMHOO!!:truce: Maybe the 7:30 account never happened! Could that be a possibility???

What 7:30 account are you referring to?

At about 2:08 in this video, we see a detached structure (behind the pool) What is it? Is it a shed? It looks like there may be a car in there? Don't laugh at me if it's not a car. :fence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d345Bokc98&feature=player_embedded#at=133

that is what I assume to be a shed for a mower or atv or something. I doubt it is the car port. It wouldn't be the garage for sure, as Clint stated clearly that the garage was attached to the house and the little shed is back aways from the house.

I can't see people parking way back there because it is not paved and is inconveniently far away from the home if you were carrying groceries, etc.

BBM

As I recall from a post that covered the weather that day, the sun was up for approx an hour that morning (6:30ish as I recall), the carport is on roughly the West side of the house, it would have been in shadows at that time of day with the sun being up only an hour or so.

Yes, it is confusing, that I agree with. But I wouldn't hold my breath for any reenactment the way things have gone so far.

I live in the South (farther south than TN) and the west side of our house (also the side with the pool) is quite bright at that time of day. Its not like noon when the blinding sun is right overhead, but its not shadowy or where you would see a silhouette. Actually becasue even in the morning the West side gets enough light we have extra heavy drapes to keep the bedroom dark in the morning.

What 7:30 account are you referring to?

I'm sorry BeanE, I thought that was around the time of Clint's witness account. If I am wrong, then it should read "Clint's" timeline account.

I'm sorry BeanE, I thought that was around the time of Clint's witness account. If I am wrong, then it should read "Clint's" timeline account.

I'm sorry, R.U. I'm still not sure what you meant by:

Maybe the 7:30 account never happened! Could that be a possibility???

If you mean that Clint's entire recounting of the events leading up to his sister's abduction, or any part thereof, did not happen, and that he is lying, then no, I do not, and have never, thought that for a second.

I think he's traumatized, scared, and in pain. Probably feeling great guilt and regret that he didn't realize what was happening.

I don't expect people who are traumatized to relate completely coherent recountings of events, especially in these cases, where they've probably been asked by LE to keep some things to themselves to protect the investigation, and to reduce danger to themselves.

I'm glad the thread's up and going again though, at times, it's like a giant disconnect has spread across the board, even the tin-can telephones aren't working anymore, people are shouting to one another across vast wastelands, and even Knowledge Itself seems shimmering, ephemeral; and darkness was upon the face of the deep (etc. etc.).

Still fun though. You guys are great.

I'm glad the thread's up and going again though, at times, it's like a giant disconnect has spread across the board, even the tin-can telephones aren't working anymore, people are shouting to one another across vast wastelands, and even Knowledge Itself seems shimmering, ephemeral; and darkness was upon the face of the deep (etc. etc.).

Still fun though. You guys are great.

I am just eternally grateful for the opportunity to sleuth a turkey. :turkey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members