TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe what was once a garage area has been enclosed to make more living space. The Bobos have owned this home (1982) even before Clint and Holly were born and probably needed more living space as their family grew.

I believe they then put up a detached garage later on and that is where Clint saw Holly and the unidentified male.

That is why the property description list 1 -detached garage instead of 1-attached garage since the old garage is no longer one.

As far as using "carport" or "garage." I am from the south and I hear people use both.....even when talking about their own place. Sometimes they say garage and sometime they say carport.

I don't think Clint had anything to do with what happened to his sister.

Now he is what I suppose could be 'a country boy' so speaking to the national media may make him uncomfortable especially if he is a shy person.

IMO

I believe what was once a garage area has been enclosed to make more living space. The Bobos have owned this home (1982) even before Clint and Holly were born and probably needed more living space as their family grew.

I believe they then put up a detached garage later on and that is where Clint saw Holly and the unidentified male.

That is why the property description list 1 -detached garage instead of 1-attached garage since the old garage is no longer one.

As far as using "carport" or "garage." I am from the south and I hear people use both.....even when talking about their own place. Sometimes they say garage and sometime they say carport.

I don't think Clint had anything to do with what happened to his sister.

Now he is what I suppose could be 'a country boy' so speaking to the national media may make him uncomfortable especially if he is a shy person.

IMO

On JVM he said the garage was attached to the house.:waitasec:

On JVM he said the garage was attached to the house.:waitasec:

Well most garages are attached to houses, at least newer ones. Ours is built into the house. Sometimes I see older houses with a free standing garage next to the house or behind the house.

The open air car port is also technically attached to the house but would not be considered an interior space, if that makes sense.

At any rate, here, with this case, both structures are at the same end of the house it seems. Just on different corners? I am inclined to beleive Clint saw Holly inside of some enclosed area, as he mentioned 1) voices OUTSIDE 2) silhouettes which would imply some level of darkness or shadows since the sun was well up at that time 3) he did say the garage was part of the house and they were IN the garage, not outside the garage.

What is frustrating is that while Clint has, in his JVM interview used the word garage several times, other, older, written reports say driveway, carport, etc. Clint might be clear about what he calls the garage but 1) we don't know exactly what he is referring to and 2) what are the other people referring to.

There is a good chance that some of the reports have condensed details that should be seperated. Perhaps the coke can was found by her car in the car port and the blood was, as per Clint's description, in the/a garage area.

My first thought about Clint seeing the two figures kneeling was the abductor making HB pray with him.

Not caught up on posts has anyone suggested Clint have been seeing them through a curtain thus only seeing silhouettes?

all imo

If someone who knew and had an issue with Holly is the one who took her...it would not really take a great brain to get away it. Just drive off with her, do whatever your intentions are, hide her body someplace relatively remote, toss a few items on the way out or back and return to your regular routine. Maybe 2 hours, tops? And no one even noticed that he was gone?

It is almost always "luck" when someone is eventually found, i.e. by hikers, hunters, etc...and most murderers are not Einsteins...

If Holly did have someone in her past holding a grudge, this person could well be of interest to LE but they may have absolutely nothing to link him to the abduction. Thinking of cell pings, but out there, if the towers are spread out, a person might "ping" on the same tower as Holly's home without being actually near it, I would think, i.e. if they lived in the same general area.

Just having a hard time imagining this as someone who was a complete stranger, the way we are hearing bits and pieces of what seemed to have gone on. But also I am just rambling...

WoW the more I read , the more confused I get . It don't matter where you go your allways gonna have different names for things yet It's still the same object they are talking about . Does it really matter if he said garage then car port to me that is the same thing .

Also, someone mentioned that surely Holly's body would have been found by dogs if she were dead...but that is only even possible if dogs happened to be used in the area where she actually was left (if she is deceased). If taken away in a vehicle, as I believe, she could be in any woods, any field, any body of water...nothing dogs could do about that without getting them to the right area.

WoW the more I read , the more confused I get . It don't matter where you go your allways gonna have different names for things yet It's still the same object they are talking about . Does it really matter if he said garage then car port to me that is the same thing .

Well seemingly no it is not the same object. Thats what we are trying to figure out.

For example, in various written reports it was said blood was found in the driveway (thats the front of the house). Other reports say carport, which perhaps is in the back of the house. And Holly's brother, more recently said "in the garage" which technically is an enclosed area on the front of the house.

It could be people are mixing up the location of where the blood was found.
It could be blood was found in more than one place
It could be some reports are just wrong
It could be that people use terms like garage and carport interchangeably, although by definition they are different types of structures (thats why they have two different names).

The whole case is a bit confusing and contradictory and folks are just trying to get a grasp on what happened and where in relation to the house it happened.

Being taken by your car parked out in front of the house on the driveway is not the same as being accosted behind your house under the cover of the carport, or in some sort of garge space.

Maybe carport versus garage mean different things to different people.

I would consider this a carport:

CarPort-564x409.jpg

And this is a garage:

new_house_with_dormers_over_garage_16360373.jpg

Well seemingly no it is not the same object. Thats what we are trying to figure out.

For example, in various written reports it was said blood was found in the driveway (thats the front of the house). Other reports say carport, which perhaps is in the back of the house. And Holly's brother, more recently said "in the garage" which technically is an enclosed area on the front of the house.

It could be people are mixing up the location of where the blood was found.
It could be blood was found in more than one place
It could be some reports are just wrong
It could be that people use terms like garage and carport interchangeably, although by definition they are different types of structures (thats why they have two different names).

The whole case is a bit confusing and contradictory and folks are just trying to get a grasp on what happened and where in relation to the house it happened.

Being taken by your car parked out in front of the house on the driveway is not the same as being accosted behind your house under the cover of the carport, or in some sort of garge space.

I agree. Why is such a simple detail be so complicated? Can't they just clarify if it was the front or back of the house? :banghead:

I'm thinking more and more what was mentioned before - that it was a survivalist, mountain man, whatever you call a person living alone or with a woman (another man) who lives in the forest, off the land....
Two reasons for thinking this - paragliders being called into use, and the remoteness of Holly's home.... perhaps I'm too cautious but the pool looks too exposed to the woods... (I know too early in the year to have used, but someone in the woods years past might have been looking..)

ETA: might be good to check supply stores to see if any workers know of trappers, woodsman buying supplies ... etc.. if any are looking to buy dresses, well that would be one of those one things LE mentioned they need to break this case, okay, forgive attempt at humor...

I'm thinking more and more what was mentioned before - that it was a survivalist, mountain man, whatever you call a person living alone or with a woman (another man) who lives in the forest, off the land....
Two reasons for thinking this - paragliders being called into use, and the remoteness of Holly's home.... perhaps I'm too cautious but the pool looks too exposed to the woods... (I know too early in the year to have used, but someone in the woods years past might have been looking..)

Possibly but how many mountain man survivalists have a truck or vehicle? Wouldn't someone spot vehicles parked out in the woods somewhere? LE and the Bobo's both assume a vehicle was used. If he had a truck or even ATV then he would need gas, ties to a town, etc.

But one with a vehicle, IMO, which should have been spotted by now...
I think the paragliders are just another tool, no significant meaning to me.

Possibly but how many mountain man survivalists have a truck or vehicle? Wouldn't someone spot vehicles parked out in the woods somewhere? LE and the Bobo's both assume a vehicle was used. If he had a truck or even ATV then he would need gas, ties to a town, etc.

Borrows use of one from family member, friend?

N/T and I were thinking along the same lines. I selected these particular photos to illustrate specific points:

This is a typical garage and the image here is what the old garage on the front of Holly's house would look like if you were at her front door. Photos of Holly's house show the garage doors walled over and windows added here, but obviously the curve of the driveway is the same as before when cars would turn into the garage.

garage.jpg

Some people seemed unsure about turning a garage into living space. Here is one example. Its not hard to imagine Clint looking into this room, with no lights on, and seeing silhouettes in the dark.

garagegame.jpg

Now this garage room is more refined...

garageoffice.jpg

I chose this car port photo because it has a pitched roof like what appears to be at the back of Holly's house, behind the old garage. I believe Holly's house has a little deck/patio area, also under a roof, to the left of the carport. This would make sense with the pool being there.

carport.jpg

I chose this photo because it shows more of a deck like area. I think Holly's house is arranged like this, but with a pitched roof as above. There may be a solid wall on the left side of Holly's car port?

carport2.jpg

This is a common photo online... I believe it shows Holly standing on the wooden deck in her back yard adjacent to the carport. The carport would be behind the wood panel that Holly is in front of. You can see some decorative netting on the wall, the dirt in the background. Pretty sure this is right in the back of Holly's house.

HollyBobowooddeck.jpg

Steals an ATV? I remember those rumors. Capital R.

Borrows use of one from family member, friend?

I suppose but isnt that sort of the antithesis of the self sufficent mountain man survivalist type living off the fat of the land if he has to borrow a truck from his friend in town?

My first thought about Clint seeing the two figures kneeling was the abductor making HB pray with him.

Not caught up on posts has anyone suggested Clint have been seeing them through a curtain thus only seeing silhouettes?

all imo

Maybe they were saying grace over the turkey?

But one with a vehicle, IMO, which should have been spotted by now...
I think the paragliders are just another tool, no significant meaning to me.

Some while ago Holly's mom had urged people to check their (often expansive) property to look for Holly or evidence. It was mentioned too that some people would not let searchers on their property. So I can see the paragliders being useful to 1) cover large areas of wood or farmland and 2) be able to look over and into property not accessible by foot for various reasons. Aparently Holly's mom had contacted a local paraglider club to arrange for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000