TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no reason not to take Clint's account at face value. He explains what he did. He doesn't tell us what he felt. But his actions -- calling his mother at school -- suggest that he felt some apprehension. He suspected something was not right. (But he probably never suspected a crime of such magnitude.) So, I can understand his caution. He might've asked his mother, "What should I do? Should I call the sheriff?" At the same time, he's probably hoping it's nothing to be concerned about. That there might be an innocent explanation -- such as that Drew has stopped by.

He thought it was Holly and her BF. Why did he need to call his mom?

Hi Mom, Sorry to bother you at work but just wanted to let you know that Drew is here with Holly and they're looking at a turkey?:waitasec:

Perhaps he thought that Holly and bf were "skipping school" and he wanted to tattle, as the interview states.

Cause in the interview it is said that he was in a sense "tattling" by calling mom about his sister, I think because Clint assumed it was her bf and she was possibly skipping school to be with him.

BBM

Where in the interview does it state that he's tattling? I'm not finding it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Ya'll, I think we might be making some extra work for our wonderful mods here.

No one has been named a POI in Holly's case yet. So right now, it seems wise to not speculate on parenting skills, or who should have done what within the Bobo family the morning Holly was abducted.
I understand that there is confusion about statements made by the media, LE, and the Bobo family and spokesperson.
But that is VERY common; and does not mean anyone making inaccurate or changing statements under extremely stressful situations is guilty of a crime. Witness and PLS/ description reports are notoriously inaccurate.

So... how can we help find Holly?

I don't think many people think that she disappeared purposely. So if she did not... where might she be that has not been searched yet?
We're discussing the facts of the case. As far as I know nobody has pointed fingers at anyone. We're just trying to figure out what happened to Holly and family statements, imo do not make any sense.

I haven't seen anyone accusing the family of harming Holly. Personally, I'm trying to get some sort of coherent time line but the more they speak in interviews, the more confused I become.

There should only be one version. The truth.

I try taking all of their statements at face value but they contradict each other so much you don't know which way is up. :banghead: Its not like they are telling a story and leaving out little parts here and there to help LE or at LE's request. The story told differs substantially each time it is retold and expanded upon.

I will say a big problem seems to stem from who does these interviews... they ask vague questions, get murky vague answers, and then do not bother to clarify or expand on anything.
BBM

And they never seem to last more than a minute or two. I'd love to see a one on one, in person, with CB, with a good interviewer asking simple questions that he could maybe give simple, straightforward answers to. Then I'd love to see the same with KB. Not saying either are lying, I'd just like to hear each version of the story on their own accord...from beginning to end, not jumping around all over and no "he said, she said, they said, the neighbor said...".

I don't get it I guess. To me If I heard someone talking outside my house or saw people in my garage I wasn't sure of, I would just look myself and not call someone 20 miles away.

me: hey mom who is talking in the yard?

mom: I don't know why don't you go see?

me: dohhhhhhhhhh

These aren't little kids here they are all adults. Or if it was that big of a deal call 911 but your mom???

I might wonder, if I couldn't see or hear them clearly, if my parents had hired some people to do some work, and being unsure who it was, and thinking it might be burglars or something, especially if I had just awakened, I'd call my mom to see if there was a legitimate reason for people to be outside the house.

Ya'll, I think we might be making some extra work for our wonderful mods here.

No one has been named a POI in Holly's case yet. So right now, it seems wise to not speculate on parenting skills, or who should have done what within the Bobo family the morning Holly was abducted.
I understand that there is confusion about statements made by the media, LE, and the Bobo family and spokesperson.
But that is VERY common; and does not mean anyone making inaccurate or changing statements under extremely stressful situations is guilty of a crime. Witness and PLS/ description reports are notoriously inaccurate.

So... how can we help find Holly?

I don't think many people think that she disappeared purposely. So if she did not... where might she be that has not been searched yet?

Excellent post. Thank you, Oriah. :blowkiss:

Sex offender taken into custody? Fox news reporting an RSO named Wall? maybe taken into custody.

Can someone refresh my memory, please? Where was Holly's car parked? Was it visible by the inside of the home? TIA

I finally read one of those "statement analysis" things I saw linked on Twitter (#hollybobo). Should anyone have done or do likewise, remember, that person is treating the recent Bobo interview as a text, as a transcript, not as statements made by persons on a TV interview show who must have been nervous (I would be) and who were not answering questions in writing. Big difference. Nevertheless - with the caveat above taken into consideration - it's an interesting analysis.

Fox just said SO arrested in connection with Holly. SO was living with a girlfriend in another state when arrested.

Isn't Holly too old to be tattled on? Isn't CB too old to tattle? We are talking about both adult children living in the parents house? correct? Isn't Holly 17/18 years old?
This whole situation is odd.

Actually Holly is 20 or 21, and I agree with you ,X, the whole story seems weird. JVM also thought Clint's story didn't make sense and kept going back to him to review what he said.

The mother said the three of them had been cleared as suspects, which seemed weird to me since Clint's story just does not make sense. Who kills a turkey at 7:30 in the morning!!!! This is what he thought the blood found outside was related to before it was confirmed to be Holly's.

I am NOT saying Clint did anything to His sister, just that his story sounds like a "cover story"----He may very well know who did this, and his 6ft. 200lb. description is just made up. Remember this is just my opinion, when I say: Watching the mother and father when Clint was being questioned, they just looked straight ahead, like they didn't buy his story either. The father said two words, and then the Pastor came into the picture--that whole interview was bazaar:twocents:

We're discussing the facts of the case. As far as I know nobody has pointed fingers at anyone. We're just trying to figure out what happened to Holly and family statements, imo do not make any sense.

I haven't seen anyone accusing the family of harming Holly. Personally, I'm trying to get some sort of coherent time line but the more they speak in interviews, the more confused I become.

There should only be one version. The truth.[/quote]

BBM: I agree, and wish that the truth was able to be clearly identified by witnesses to crimes, and by people under inordinate stress. That way, we'd find every missing person! But it rarely works that way- in my experience- anyway.

Time lines are often confused, and often in a state of constant change.

jmvho.

Per Holly's age, she was born 12 October 1990. She would turn twenty-one later this year.

I don't see what's weird about this. Clint hears and sees two people in the garage. He can't make out who they are so he calls his mom to find out if they were people who were supposed to be at the house. He probably thought they could be people who were going to work on the house or something like that but he just wanted to make sure.

He calls his mom to find out and she tells him Holly should still be at home so he realizes it's Holly and somebody else. His obvious conclusion is that her boyfriend has stopped by. He then looks outside and sees her just walking towards the woods and the logging road with a guy wearing camo, who he still figures is her boyfriend.

I don't see anything weird or suspicious in that at all.

I would have liked JVM to go into the 911 calls but everything he said tonight makes sense to me.

Exactly. From the transcript:

C. BOBO: I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor.

Can someone refresh my memory, please? Where was Holly's car parked? Was it visible by the inside of the home? TIA

Well thats a good question...

It has been described as being in the carport or on the carport. There was a lot of discussion about this months ago as to where the carport was and was it the same as the garage. One of the (now gone) locals had discussed the "garage" being made into an enclosed living space. It was thought to be at the front of the house. It would be at the left side of the photo here.

In a more recent family statement it was said the car was parked in front of the house in/on the driveway, or something along those lines. I assume that is the large paved area outside the front door.

housefromhelicopternorth.jpg

In the above photo I would guess her car was parked somewhere near where the big white truck is, at the head of the driveway.

The yellow arrow I added is what I think is North, the direction Clint said Holly and camo man were walking.

IIRC earlier reports were in the carport at the back of the house, later report by one of the "blogger/reporters" was in the driveway in front of the house.

I have noticed the pavement seems to stop at the front of the house and to get to the back you have to drive through dirt. Not sure if Holly would drive her Mustang around to park it in the dirt/mud behind the house with a large parking area out front.

There is a shed like structure in the back of the house that may be used to keep a mower or ATV?

This photo may be of use again. It is an aerial view of the property taken in winter so the vegetation has died off some.

North is to the top more or less.

In this case it does look like there is a white car parked behind the house but the actual date of this photo is unknown. It could be last winter or 5 winters ago.

But it does show the immediate lay of the land and the lack of vegetation is useful.

The original photo had heavy shadows somewhat obscuring the house which I removed, although I forgot the shadow on the shed to the left.

House1edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member