TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed the pavement seems to stop at the front of the house and to get to the back you have to drive through dirt. Not sure if Holly would drive her Mustang around to park it in the dirt/mud behind the house with a large parking area out front.

There is a shed like structure in the back of the house that may be used to keep a mower or ATV?
BBM

I thought that too, but there was a lot of discussion early on about the carport/garage out back as being where her car was supposed to have been. From all the pics we have seen, there is no carport/garage out front. That part in the pic you posted (#278) of the house that sticks out on the bottom left is what was thought to maybe once have been the garage turned into a living area from all accounts I have read here. And I have never seen an overhead pic that actually shows her car that I could make out, either out front or back, which I find odd too.

Here in Florida a car port is the paved area in the front of the house where you park the car. It is not a garage which is enclosed and you drive into it and close the door. A car port would be more akin to a common driveway, which usually leads to a garage or a car port, though. It does not have to have a cover although many do.

The shed structure in the back doesnt really look like a car port and there do not seem to be quite enough usage marks to indicate cars going into and out of it several times a day every day of the year. There is another photo showing sort of inside that shed and it looked like maybe there was a tractor or mower or atv there?

And plus people are lazy... why drive around in the dirt and park behind the house, and then have to walk back through the dirt to the house (and around to the front door?) when you could just part in the front of the house.

I suppose the somewhat high, pitched area to the back of the house, in front of what looks like a white car in the winter photo, could be a covered car port. I assume the extension to the right of that is/was the garage

Did LE ever give Holly’s boyfriend a polygraph?

Clint initially stated that he thought he saw Holly with her boyfriend near the woods. But when he called his mom, she poo-pooed that statement because she said she spoke to Holly’s boyfriend earlier and “Clint did not know that”. If the mom spoke to Holly’s boyfriend on the phone, was it on his cell phone or a landline. Because if it was his cell, how would she “know” where he was located at the time of the call.

If Holly didn’t scream until she was “in the woods” and it didn’t appear to Clint that she was being “dragged” into the woods, wouldn’t this suggest that Holly KNEW her abductor?

When Clint says he heard voices in the garage/carport, maybe it was Holly and this mysterious person arguing. Maybe that is the REAL reason Clint called his mom.

Here in Florida a car port is the paved area in the front of the house where you park the car. It is not a garage which is enclosed and you drive into it and close the door. A car port would be more akin to a common driveway, which usually leads to a garage or a car port, though. It does not have to have a cover although many do.

The shed structure in the back doesnt really look like a car port and there do not seem to be quite enough usage marks to indicate cars going into and out of it several times a day every day of the year. There is another photo showing sort of inside that shed and it looked like maybe there was a tractor or mower or atv there?

And plus people are lazy... why drive around in the dirt and park behind the house, and then have to walk back through the dirt to the house (and around to the front door?) when you could just part in the front of the house.
BBM 1 - Where I grew up a carport was usually a part of the driveway that was covered by a roof but open on mostly all sides and just held up by posts, sometimes attached to the house and sometimes freestanding. I guess it varies around the country.

BBM -2 We always parked out back of our house and went in the back door where I grew up. Never used the front door. My friend always parked in their front yard (grass/dirt) and never used their driveway. So who knows?

If Holly didn’t scream until she was “in the woods” and it didn’t appear to Clint that she was being “dragged” into the woods, wouldn’t this suggest that Holly KNEW her abductor?

Perhaps, were it not for the pesky fact that we know Holly had been wounded sufficiently to cause blood to spill to the ground. That tells me she was complying because she was in fear of her life, and that the kidnapper may not have been known to her at all.

Seeing that aerial view, how in the heck could a neighbor hear a scream coming from that house, and clint not? Alot of space.

Perhaps, were it not for the pesky fact that we know Holly had been wounded sufficiently to cause blood to spill to the ground. That tells me she was complying because she was in fear of her life, and that the kidnapper may not have been known to her at all.

Point taken.

HOWEVER, it could mean the argument turned somewhat violent.

I wish I had more information on the relationship between Holly and her boyfriend. I have heard through the media that they didn't spend much time apart. So where is he? Why isn't he speaking out? His love is missing.

Question #1 to CB - Was Holly's car parked in FRONT of the house or BEHIND the house (front being where the paved driveway is and back being where the pool is just in case this is unclear)???

Anybody remember Colorforms? Omg I'm really dating myself. Anyway, that's what we need, so no matter whose version of events we're considering, we can move everything around to where that person/article/entity/whatever says it was.

Point taken.

HOWEVER, it could mean the argument turned somewhat violent.

I wish I had more information on the relationship between Holly and her boyfriend. I have heard through the media that they didn't spend much time apart. So where is he? Why isn't he speaking out? His love is missing.
BBM

IIRC it was the bfs Aunt or Grandmother who said they were never apart, they were madly in love and planning on getting married?

Anybody remember Colorforms? Omg I'm really dating myself. Anyway, that's what we need, so no matter whose version of events we're considering, we can move everything around to where that person/article/entity/whatever says it was.
Lol, great idea!! I had a book like that when I was little where I could dress up bunnies in various outfits as the book progressed through the day. I'm in my 20's so you're not dating yourself that much. :)

Ya'll, I think we might be making some extra work for our wonderful mods here.

No one has been named a POI in Holly's case yet. So right now, it seems wise to not speculate on parenting skills, or who should have done what within the Bobo family the morning Holly was abducted.
I understand that there is confusion about statements made by the media, LE, and the Bobo family and spokesperson.
But that is VERY common; and does not mean anyone making inaccurate or changing statements under extremely stressful situations is guilty of a crime. Witness and PLS/ description reports are notoriously inaccurate.

So... how can we help find Holly?

I don't think many people think that she disappeared purposely. So if she did not... where might she be that has not been searched yet?

I agree that inaccurate statements can be made in stressful situations. When it involves the disappearance and possible murder of a family member I would think that is to be expected. However, my point is the "truth" can be repeated 100 times and still be the "same story". Minutes may differ, weather may differ,what you wore may differ, and a dozen other minutia may differ.....but the Foundation of that story is the same, right?

Here is my point--Not accusing ANYONE--- Holly was seen in the back of the house,front of house, outside garage, inside garage. "Stories" change location, Not the truth.

Here are a few more questions:

How did he see those silhouettes in the garage? Is there a window from the home into the garage?..or would he have to go outside?

If there was blood found in the garage, wouldn't it seem as if harm had already be done to Holly, so why would she not have screamed? After being wounded why would she calmly be walking with "that " person into the woods?

Clint says he sees them kneeling, as if they had just killed a Wild turkey (which supposedly is the thing to do at 7:30 in the morning) ONLY after your sisters blood is found in the garage. Never mentions this when he calls mom.

....And again--Why would a grown man call his mother (no matter WHO he thought it was)?? He could just walk outside and see for himself.

All of this does make sense if you know something is wrong, you are scared, don't want to confront the problem, and need to set up your cover story.

The man WAS 6FT--200LBS-- fairly large guy--what is the height and weight of Holly's boyfriend? Was that just used to set up his story that it was the boyfriend?

As I said before , I am not accusing any family member of harming Holly. I would find it more believable if Clint knew what happened to Holly and was too scared to help her......and that is ok-...as long as if that is what happened, he lets LE know the truth.

Clint didn't apparently recognize the figures in the garage/carport. He probably expected to wake up to an empty (and quiet) house. Instead, the dog is barking. And Clint hears voices outside that he does not recognize. I can understand him being cautious under the circumstances. Again, he doesn't recognize the figures or the voices. Not at first.

But he knows his little sister is home. Doesn't he wonder about her, if she is ok? Why call his mother? I just don't get that. My kids are the same age as them, roughly. Son, 23 and DD 19. If my son heard strange voices out in the carport, the dog was barking like crazy, and he didn't see his sister in the house, he wouldn't call ME at at work--he'd open the darn door and say HEY, what's up, sis are you ok? And he would probably have his rifle alongside.

I thought I read that holly and her bf had just broken up before the abduction?

Sex Offender Wanted for Questioning in Holly Bobo Disappearance Arrested

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/0...ly-bobo-disappearance-arrested/#ixzz1UBGaPf78

Thanks for posting - I just read some more about it (he may not be connected but I still think it's worth noting...just in case):

Man wanted for questioning in Holly Bobo case arrested

It's been two decades since Wall was convicted of molesting a child in Washington state. Since then, he relocated to Perry County, Tenn., and was living near Bobo's home.

<snip>

Investigators said they have no reason to believe he has any connection to Bobo's disappearance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44038343/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/

But he knows his little sister is home.

Did he? I'm not so sure. He certainly did not expect to hear "strange" voices outside the house. He also did not immediately recognize the figures in the garage. It was enough to make him apprehensive. So, he called his mother. From the transcript:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you called your mom in between when you saw them in the garage and when they walked out into the woods? Why did you do that?

C. BOBO: I spoke with mom -- I spoke with mom initially to find out who the people -- I heard two voices outside our house and I called mom to try to find out who these people were outside our house. But I had no idea who they were.

I'm supposing that Clint and his mother were trying to piece things together. "It isn't Holly, is it?" "I'm not sure, mom." "She should be gone to school." "Oh, wait a minute, mom. I see Holly -- and Drew, I think. They're walking toward the woods. I guess they were in the garage for whatever reason."

I guess I don't see anything suspicious about Clint's behavior. I wish he had been bolder about investigating for himself. Then again, he doesn't seem to be the bold, aggressive type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme