TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the middle of the night and I am thinking out loud. Has anyone ever discovered what Clint was doing between the time he saw the silhouettes and the time he saw Holly being led in the woods? He says he did "make contact" with his mom. Was he sequestered in some area of the house with his communication device that he didn't see anything again till he hung up?

Why was talking to his mother more important than calling out to Holly? How could Holly possibly enter the woods with only wearing flip flops on her feet.

It was said that a searchers dog couldn't meander the woods there and had to be carried. That tells me those woods are really thick. There is no way she went willingly and alive into those woods w/o doing some serious screaming. At the point of her entering the woods and screaming, Clint would have had his gun loaded. From what I read, Clint is an avid turkey hunter. I also read his full name is Clint Hunter Bobo. I guess he lives up to his name.

My problem is I don't know these type of people but since they are educated, I am giving them a lot of credit. Why didn't Clint get his gun and go looking for his sister before LE ever got there?

Why didn't Clint call Dana? I don't understand the dynamics in this family.

Last post, hopefully, so I don't bore you to tears. I was reading this paragraph by Clint. After the sihouettes, he said...

.."C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her."

This is a weirdly worded statement.

What in the world does he mean when he says he "Realized" that it must have been her at the house??? Who speaks like that? He's in the house, isn't he? I am staying with my impression that this is not a geographic colloquial problem I am having. This is a serious problem of Clint's in communicating an event.

If I remove the word "out" (in dark red print) from his statement, It makes sense. When I looked back sounds better and more likely than using the words, "When I looked back out". Then one could conclude that he was outside when all this went down...and I beginning to think he was. Was he the one turkey hunting? This story as told makes no sense, IMO.

This cut is concerning me. I don't think she was cut. Something else happened. I can see a superficial gun shot wound (or worse) but don't get the gut feeling she was cut. I have been known to be wrong before, so I expect that I am way off on this too.

Maybe she grabbed at the knife and he cut her hand or she put her arm up to stop him and was cut. My son was attacked by a guy with a knife. Attempted robbery. He put his hand up to stop the knife and his hand was cut.

The perp might have hit her and caused her nose or mouth to bleed.

Almost anything is possible Jeannie. I just happen to believe right now that nothing is as it seems.

It is only about 6 or 7 miles from the Hobo house to Parsons. I believe Holly's school is located there and also Clint's work at the Decatur Nursing Home. I always thought everything was so very far from their house, but guess not.

Last post, hopefully, so I don't bore you to tears. I was reading this paragraph by Clint. After the sihouettes, he said...

.."C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her."

What in the world does he mean when he says he "Realized" that it must have been her at the house??? Who speaks like that? He's in the house, isn't he? I am staying with my impression that this is not a geographic colloquial problem I am having. This is a serious problem of Clint's in communicating an event.

If I remove the word "out" (in dark red print) from his statement, It makes sense. When I looked back sounds better and more likely than using the words, "When I looked back out". Then one could conclude that he was outside when all this went down...and I beginning to think he was. Was he the one turkey hunting? This story as told makes no sense, IMO.

He meant, "When I looked outside again"

When I moved to the south someone gave me a book titled, "How to speak Southern, for Yankees and other Foreigners" there is also one titled, "Boiled Peanuts explained for Yankees and other Foreigners "

I kept getting lost when people gave me directions. I never could grasp "Go plum down the road" . I went plum past it everytime! :floorlaugh:

I wish I could find the book. I'd send it to you! You would be in stitches!

My bet is that someone had told CB he needed to use proper English and had coached him. Only problem, it confused him and made him more nervous. He speaks Tenn Southern Country. Everyone in Tenn doesn't speak the same nor do they in every part of other states.

I traveled for my job and spent time in Tenn. I also lived there for a while as a child. It is like night and day between areas.

Love your analyses and thoughts! Actually, the weirdest part of this for me isn't so much the use of the word "at" but the fact that he says he found out that Holly was supposed to be in school, therefore that must have been her at the house (in other words). Whaaat? I don't understand why he realized that, BECAUSE she was supposed to be in school, that must have been her at the house.

Either way, I don't think this phrase makes much of a difference at all. I just wish they would release an actual written timeline of exactly how everything went down that morning. Not that they have any duty to do that, but at least it would stop all the questions that they seem so confused about and uncomfortable answering, and they wouldn't have to keep recounting it. As others have said, we've never had a complete, cohesive timeline. I'm on the family's side until I have a good reason not to be, but I'd still really like to see ONE "official" story that can be agreed upon by all of them of exactly how things happened so we can at least put that part to rest and stop trying to piece things together. From there, if it doesn't make sense, then that's one thing, but right now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and chalking it up to poorly conducted interviews on the part of the media and nerves and emotional exhaustion on the part of the family.

I agree. This person planned the attack. It was not a random act. I wondered if Clint's presense changed the perp's plan from an attack to an abduction. He might have intended to attack Holly at or near her home but when Clint showed up the plan was changed.

It would have been easier with no one home and no houses very close to do what he wanted and leave Holly there. Taking her through the woods took more effort.

He would have had hours to do what he wanted and still get away but with Clint showing up he had no choice but to take her. Otherwise, she would have screamed, called the law, and he stood a better chance of being caught.

Holly was cut in the carport, he had in my opinion already begun the attack. He didn't want her dead just submissive. He had other plans. Clint shows his face and everything changes.

All of this is just conjecture on my part.

You know, this makes a lot of sense. Like some sort of peeping tom or serial rapist, the kind who literally jumps out of the bushes or climbs in people's windows. An actual boogey man, of sorts. Reminds me of the Brianna Denison case.

The more I think about it, the more I agree it wouldn't have been someone close to the family unless Clint was in on it (which I don't believe), because they would've known he'd be home, and why risk it?

The only question I have about your theory, Jeannie, is that I guess I didn't realize Clint ever showed his face. Do we know that the perp saw Clint or knew Clint saw him?

Of course, even if we did know for certain that Clint scared him away, that doesn't tell us much other than it can't be someone who is TOO close to the family. Going by the theory that he took her and ran because he saw Clint, yes it could be a stranger, but it could also be a person who knew Clint could have identified him.

Another thought - not that this part matters much, but just because his plan may have been thwarted by discovering that Clint was home (if he did), we don't know that he only meant to assault her but not kill her. He very well could have planned to do what most sexual predators do and assault her AND kill her, even if Clint wasn't home. Serial rapists who only rape (and I'm just using rape because, well, what else do they usually do?) are pretty rare in comparison to those who also kill their victims. Who knows?

You know, this makes a lot of sense. Like some sort of peeping tom or serial rapist, the kind who literally jumps out of the bushes or climbs in people's windows. An actual boogey man, of sorts. Reminds me of the Brianna Denison case.

The more I think about it, the more I agree it wouldn't have been someone close to the family unless Clint was in on it (which I don't believe he was), because they would've known he'd be home, and why risk it?

The only question I have about your theory, Jeannie, is that I guess I didn't realize Clint ever showed his face. Do we know that the perp saw Clint or knew Clint saw him?

Of course, even if we did know for certain that Clint scared him away, that doesn't tell us much other than it can't be someone who is TOO close to the family. Going by the theory that he took her and ran because he saw Clint, yes it could be a stranger, but it could also be a person who knew Clint could have identified him.

Another thought - not that this part matters much, but just because his plan may have been thwarted by discovering that Clint was home (if he did), we don't know that he only meant to assault her but not kill her. He very well could have planned to do what most sexual predators do and assault her AND kill her, even if Clint wasn't home. Serial rapists who only rape (and I'm just using rape because, well, what else do they usually do?) are pretty rare in comparison to those who also kill their victims. Who knows?

I don't know if the perp saw Clint. I think he either saw him or heard him. This is pure speculation on my part. Clint possibly yelled at the dog to be quiet. The dog barked and woke him up. The perp could have heard Clint moving around in the house too or heard him on the phone.

I avoided saying exactly what I think he planned to do. I don't believe he would have just raped her either. He went early in the morning and knew he would have hours alone with her. He didn't need to take her. He had time for what he wanted to do. I don't believe he would have abducted her if he could do what he wanted to do at her home. I don't believe he didn't intend to let her live most don't. He was in a "safe" place to attack her.

Most abductions of adult women happen away from their homes with the exception of spousal abductions.

The more I think about it, the more I agree it wouldn't have been someone close to the family unless Clint was in on it (which I don't believe), because they would've known he'd be home, and why risk it?

BBM

IIRC Clint had only returned home the day before. To me, that would not rule out someone who knew her or the family because perhaps not everyone would have been aware of his return yet.

BBM

IIRC Clint had only returned home the day before. To me, that would not rule out someone who knew her or the family because perhaps not everyone would have been aware of his return yet.

Okay, good point. Somehow in all of this I missed the fact that he literally JUST returned home. You're right. Holly and Clint are 5 years apart, after all. They might have some mutual friends, since it's a small town, but she probably knew a lot of people who had no clue what her brother's schedule was. And like you said, even if it was someone who knew the whole family, not many people do keep track of exactly the day that someone comes home from something. I guess I just thought that if it was someone who even knew Clint existed you'd think that planning an abduction would be the time when you'd want to make sure to dot your Is and cross your Ts. Maybe Clint came home unexpectedly?

ETA: I shouldn't say "planning an abduction" because, as Jeannie points out, we don't know what he really had planned.

Its very common in the south to say, "they were together every night," but really mean, "they spent time together in the evenings." These are Christian, church-going people and there is no way Holly actually "spent the night" with Drew.

I think the closed-in garage used to be called "the garage." Once it was closed in and became part of the house, it was no longer called the garage. The carport became called "the garage" or "the carport," depending on who was giving the info.

the local here at one time said they still called the garage the garage even though it was enclosed and now considered part of the house.

It's the middle of the night and I am thinking out loud. Has anyone ever discovered what Clint was doing between the time he saw the silhouettes and the time he saw Holly being led in the woods? He says he did "make contact" with his mom. Was he sequestered in some area of the house with his communication device that he didn't see anything again till he hung up? y.

8:30 in the morning is not the middle of the night

I have wondered exactly what Clint did in the house. He says he looked into the garage but how? It is seemingly part of the house so did he look through a door? Did he open a door, look in, close the door? Aparently he didnt keep looking when he went off to call his mom. So he comes back and they are gone?

Whisperer, I see that your are indeed up in the night here as I can see the time your are posting. What a caring person you are. I am glad that Holly has people like you that cares so much. I always look forward to reading your posts. :tyou:

quote=Whisperer;7043744]It's the middle of the night and I am thinking out loud. Has anyone ever discovered what Clint was doing between the time he saw the silhouettes and the time he saw Holly being led in the woods? He says he did "make contact" with his mom. Was he sequestered in some area of the house with his communication device that he didn't see anything again till he hung up?

Why was talking to his mother more important than calling out to Holly? How could Holly possibly enter the woods with only wearing flip flops on her feet.

It was said that a searchers dog couldn't meander the woods there and had to be carried. That tells me those woods are really thick. There is no way she went willingly and alive into those woods w/o doing some serious screaming. At the point of her entering the woods and screaming, Clint would have had his gun loaded. From what I read, Clint is an avid turkey hunter. I also read his full name is Clint Hunter Bobo. I guess he lives up to his name.

My problem is I don't know these type of people but since they are educated, I am giving them a lot of credit. Why didn't Clint get his gun and go looking for his sister before LE ever got there?

Why didn't Clint call Dana? I don't understand the dynamics in this family.[/quote]

8:30 in the morning is not the middle of the night

I have wondered exactly what Clint did in the house. He says he looked into the garage but how? It is seemingly part of the house so did he look through a door? Did he open a door, look in, close the door? Aparently he didnt keep looking when he went off to call his mom. So he comes back and they are gone?

Whisperer did not post at 830 in the morning dear. You did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member