Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are almost too many of them....
Like BeanE always says "don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain" or something like that...

LOL, yeah I know.

Ok, so my deep dark personal feelings on a possible religious angle to the whole thing:

1. This was a prank that went wrong. My parents were religious and we went to church as a family. One of the "traditions" within the youth group at the church we attended was that the Senior (HS) girls would "kidnap" the Freshman girls. Parents were notified of course. The Sr.s took us sometime past midnight, in our jammies, and made us eat disgusting things and forced us to t.p. (that would be toilet-paper for the youngsters on the board) the cutest-boy-in-town's house. We then went back to one of the Sr.s houses, where we would sleep for a few hours, before being fed a wonderful breakfast and returned, safely, home. Kind of like rushing a sorority, but with a religious bent. I've wondered (although it seems improbable) if this could have been something that started out similarly, but went horribly horribly wrong.

2. My deeper and darker HB religious scenario, is that she was taken so that she could be "taught a lesson". Or used as an example. I keep coming back to Drew's grandmother's comment:

Last night was the first night they’ve been apart for about a year.

Did she mean that literally? Were Drew and HB possibly allowed "conjugal" visits within this small and religious community?

Jealousy has been mentioned as a possible motive. I do wonder if we are talking about a certain jealousy of a different kind.

I've also considered righteousness. That can also be a very strong emotion.

Still more perplexed than ever, and waiting to hear what others might think....

Please bear with me but I am still having a problem with the garage/carport happenings. Carefully reviewing Clint's words he spoke of seeing two silhouettes kneeling in the garage. In the same interview, he later mentions they were sitting in the garage.

To my kge., I have never seen chairs in a carport. I am still wondering what he is talking about. IIRC he is the one that found blood beneath where they were sitting...er...kneeling..which is it?

CB appears to have problems with visual memory.

This crime touches close to home for those who inhabit a small town. Noone is unaffected by it (or so I would imagine). Folks in town will want to reach out to help the Bobos. They will do it often through their local churches. And why not? Churches provide a place of refuge at a time of crisis. They can quickly and efficiently organize the outreach efforts. And, beyond that, it is what churches do: helping people in need. I see nothing suspicious about local church involvement in this case. It would surprise me more if I had learned that they were NOT active in supporting the Bobos.

(SNIP)Carefully reviewing Clint's words he spoke of seeing two silhouettes kneeling in the garage. (SNIP)

BBM
Forgive my ignorance about religious practices, but could the two figures in the garage have been kneeling to pray?

If we all are facing the front of the Bobo house, in what direction did they walk to the woods? For some reason, I had thought it was to our right across the road but the woods in the video at that area didn't look thick.

Are the woods to the left of the Bobo home the correct direction?

If I were in charge, I would hypnotize Clint to get to the bottom of what he saw. It would be nice to hear what happened w/o his interpretation of what he incorrectly thought.

Thanks bessie. Here is a good link with explanations in chronological order of SAR's efforts.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holly-Bobo-Search-and-Info/197838680260907?sk=info

Thanks for reminding me of this FB page. Early on that FB page and the creator of that page - he was referred to as TC here I think - were criticized greatly here and on other Holly Bobo web discussions. I never quite understood why. But I will say that some of the entries I am reading there as part of their reports from this month sound very much like what was written there in May on their wall. It seems they stopped posting on their wall and adding interesting pictures sometime in early summer. Those items are now missing. I really don't understand WHAT that FB page is about to tell you the truth.

To the North of the Bobo residence (adjacent) lives a family that has at least 19 (adult) of its family living right there in Darden...speaking of a tight-knit community..wowza!

How many of Dana & Karen's live there?

Lots of kinfolk around. I guess you're either related or a best friend if you live there.

It is getting more and more difficult to fathom why nobody knows anything about Holly.

It is getting more and more difficult to fathom why nobody knows anything about Holly.

Ohhhh I think they know. They're just not talking. Not outside of their homes anyway...but I bet there is a lot of yapping going on inside the 4 walls in every home in Darden.

To me even more bizarre than the religious angle is Drew Scott not making any public appearances whatsoever.

Not one photo of him since Holly's disappearance.

Not one comment or plea to Holly's abductor.

Not one message of endearment to Holly herself.

Nothing.

He's non existant except for one article mentioning he and Karen texting each other every night.

To me even more bizarre than the religious angle is Drew Scott not making any public appearances whatsoever.

Not one photo of him since Holly's disappearance.

Not one comment or plea to Holly's abductor.

Not one message of endearment to Holly herself.

Nothing.

He's non existant except for one article mentioning he and Karen texting each other every night.

I don't know that I find it so unusual that DS has not been seen or heard from. This was a very young couple, aged 19 and 20. They were dating, not engaged, though we had heard they were hoping to marry one day. Many couples their age while still in school don't marry until established in a career, and by then they have dated several others. I don't mean to devalue their relationship, but I would not expect the same level of devotion and public display of dismay that I would from a fiance or husband. IMHO

I am with ~n/t~ on this. I find it very strange that there is not a peep from DS. In the KISS world, the BF is always on the chopping block. The fact that he is in hiding is not going to stop that from happening. I got the impression they were very devoted to each other. Maybe my impression is wrong but that is what I was led to believe.

It would be nice if he devoted a FB page or wrote about her or expressed sorrow. There is nothing. Is he still living and working there?

Still waiting to find out what direction the two went into the woods. If we face the front of the house, did Holly go to the left or to the right when she entered the woods? I always pictured them walking to the right (across the dirt road). Now, I have to entertain the thought they went to the right. Anyone know for sure which direction he was describing?

I assumed right because that is a clear line of vision. The left has the carport and trees blocking the view.

I am with ~n/t~ on this. I find it very strange that there is not a peep from DS. In the KISS world, the BF is always on the chopping block. The fact that he is in hiding is not going to stop that from happening. I got the impression they were very devoted to each other. Maybe my impression is wrong but that is what I was led to believe.

It would be nice if he devoted a FB page or wrote about her or expressed sorrow. There is nothing. Is he still living and working there?

This is what I DO find strange: I just did a Google news archives search for "Holly Bobo" +"Drew Scott". I was specifically looking for the grandmother's quote about the night before the abduction being the first time they were apart in almost a year. I think that is an important statement that may mean something. The FIRST time they aren't 'together', whatever that may mean, and within hours Holly is GONE.

Stranger yet is that my Google news archives search turned up ZERO articles with the names Holly Bobo and Drew Scott. WTH??

This is what I DO find strange: I just did a Google news archives search for "Holly Bobo" +"Drew Scott". I was specifically looking for the grandmother's quote about the night before the abduction being the first time they were apart in almost a year. I think that is an important statement that may mean something. The FIRST time they aren't 'together', whatever that may mean, and within hours Holly is GONE.

Stranger yet is that my Google news archives search turned up ZERO articles with the names Holly Bobo and Drew Scott. WTH??

Maybe, his family hired a PR agent or attorney to scrub the internet. have no idea why, but, maybe it would effect his family negatively to be associated to a missing girlfriend? Is his parents influential?

I was just reading about this jason everett nichols character. He sure fits the bill. He is 6ft and 210 lbs.

He stalked two very pretty girls in early April. He waited for hours in a parking lot.

Is it possible he followed Holly the night before and just waited in the bushes for her to walk out? It seems risky for a stalker, not knowing if anyone else was home though. He should have known, if he were watching the house.

Boy, he sure does have the M.O. and he fits Clint's eye witness description...hmmm

It's like Drew just dropped off the face of the earth...he and her prior BFs. After Nichols arrest, I would think her BF would be surfacing demanding people take a look at this guy.

I'm keeping my eyes open for this Nichols character. If he were the unsub, I would think they would have found some evidence in his car. He drove a blue car, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710