Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, wishuwerehere.

All of this debate is such a fruitless pursuit in trying to bring Holly home IMO; and degrades the spirit and integrity of this forum.

We are victim friendly, here- remember, folks?

Now- how can we help find Holly??

I bump this because this is Holly- and there are people hurting, missing her, and wanting her home:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Who cares what color, ethnicity, religion- whatever- she is??
I see NO point in that train of thought at all.

Thank you!

Thank you, wishuwerehere.

All of this debate is such a fruitless pursuit in trying to bring Holly home IMO; and degrades the spirit and integrity of this forum.

We are victim friendly, here- remember, folks?

Now- how can we help find Holly??

I bump this because this is Holly- and there are people hurting, missing her, and wanting her home:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Who cares what color, ethnicity, religion- whatever- she is??
I see NO point in that train of thought at all.

I agree! It is like Holly has fallen off the face of the earth. NG has a show all about DWTS. Aren't missing people a little more important? And on a side note...Is it just my computer or why are the words Holly and/or Bobo highlighted in red each time they are written on this board?

I agree! It is like Holly has fallen off the face of the earth. NG has a show all about DWTS. Aren't missing people a little more important? And on a side note...Is it just my computer or why are the words Holly and/or Bobo highlighted in red each time they are written on this board?

It must be your computer.

New computer. Not doing it at this moment. I feel all alone with this problem. :crazy:

My computer does that if I had done a search using the word "Holly","Bobo" previously to reading the thread. Did you arrive at the thread through the Search Menu?

My computer does that if I had done a search using the word "Holly","Bobo" previously to reading the thread. Did you arrive at the thread through the Search Menu?

Oh...that could be the problem! I'm not alone!!:great:

I sense an undercurrent of anger or defensiveness in this thread.

To be able to get an idea of what is going on, knowing the culture and understanding it goes with the territory. Religion, politics and how they think plays a huge role. We don't have to get specific but, my goodness, how do you get inside their thinking if you don't understand their way of life?

Maybe this thread should be assigned to only Southern People because it appears outsiders (at least myself) aren't needed here due to our lack of understanding the culture. I would not be offended either if that happens. We have been told that the Bobos and Drew are not involved. Have they taken a poly and has LE cleared them?

Suggesting the Bobos know more about that morning and are not saying is not appreciated on some websites...oh, and that includes Drew. I don't know if they know more but, my goodness, they sure aren't exactly "out there" talking. Is it because they choose not to or is it because they have been told to be quiet?

....and herein lies the problem. Most parents of missing children are out there begging for help. In this case, we are trying to justify why this family isn't. When you have pastors who are LE, it confuses the matter. That is my opinion. It is also my opinion that these pastors and LE control the people in this community. That may not be a popular stance but it is one I have come to think is possible.

To be able to get an idea of what is going on, knowing the culture and understanding it goes with the territory. Religion, politics and how they think plays a huge role. We don't have to get specific but, my goodness, how do you get inside their thinking if you don't understand their way of life?

Maybe this thread should be assigned to only Southern People because it appears outsiders (at least myself) aren't needed here due to our lack of understanding the culture. I would not be offended either if that happens. We have been told that the Bobos and Drew are not involved. Have they taken a poly and has LE cleared them?

Suggesting the Bobos know more about that morning and are not saying is not appreciated on some websites...oh, and that includes Drew. I don't know if they know more but, my goodness, they sure aren't exactly "out there" talking. Is it because they choose not to or is it because they have been told to be quiet?

....and herein lies the problem. Most parents of missing children are out there begging for help. In this case, we are trying to justify why this family isn't. When you have pastors who are LE, it confuses the matter. That is my opinion. It is also my opinion that these pastors and LE control the people in this community. That may not be a popular stance but it is one I have come to think is possible.

:seeya:Hi Whisperer! I do not want you or any other poster living North or West of the Mason Dixon to leave the thread. If any of my posts giving info on the way of life for Southerners have made you or any other feel that way...please accept my heartfelt apologies. I in no way intended that.

I think everyone should be open to question until proven not a POI. Because I live in the South I can say that we also have our share of "strange" family members and we do not usually put them away. So one never knows. KWIM?

I have never seen or heard a Spokesperson speak in this manner. Tell me it isn't strange!. I will say loudly....This is NOT a spokesperson, folks!

On 'Nancy Grace': Holly Bobo Spokesperson Proves Useless
April 20, 2011 08:50 PM EDT

During a live via-video interview with Kevin Bromley, a so-called spokesperson for the Bobo family, Deborah Norville asked all the right questions but got no answers. Anytime Norville, filling in for Nancy Grace, asked the man a question, he dodged it, refusing to answer.

"Like I said, I'm the family spokesperson," Bromley would repeat over-and-over throughout the interview.

Norville told Bromley that a cousin of the Bobos claimed that Clint took a lie detector test and passed. When she asked if this could be confirmed, he refused to answer. He also wouldn't answer any questions regarding the rest of the family taking polygraph tests. When he was asked about what exactly Clint Bobo saw on the morning Holly Bobo was abducted, he refused to answer. He claimed that Clint never told him.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979247172

Understanding the family, friends, and community of a missing person is absolutely very important and useful in searching for them.
But not to the detriment of passing judgement, imvho.

While knowledge of such can help bring missing persons home- judgement of their race, lifestyle, faith, education, etc- does NOT.
People go missing from all walks of life; of all colors, all ages, all faiths, all neighborhoods, all socio-economic levels, with all degrees of education... Missing persons are like a cancer. They spare no demographic.

Often, finding them means putting aside pre-conceived notions of a demographic.

SAR 101! :)

On 'Nancy Grace': Holly Bobo Spokesperson Proves Useless
April 20, 2011 08:50 PM EDT

During a live via-video interview with Kevin Bromley, a so-called spokesperson for the Bobo family, Deborah Norville asked all the right questions but got no answers. Anytime Norville, filling in for Nancy Grace, asked the man a question, he dodged it, refusing to answer.

"Like I said, I'm the family spokesperson," Bromley would repeat over-and-over throughout the interview.

Norville told Bromley that a cousin of the Bobos claimed that Clint took a lie detector test and passed. When she asked if this could be confirmed, he refused to answer. He also wouldn't answer any questions regarding the rest of the family taking polygraph tests. When he was asked about what exactly Clint Bobo saw on the morning Holly Bobo was abducted, he refused to answer. He claimed that Clint never told him.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979247172

What kind of flipping spokesman is that???:banghead:

In fact, not sure why religion is being discussed at all, other than the actual pastor(s) who have stepped foward as a part of the Bobo public persona, although if Holly spent as much time at her church as has been indicated, of course the members should be considered as potential suspects and I hope they are.

I think it came up because:

1. The Bobo's "spokesperson" is a pastor, rather than a lawyer or PR person.

2. The sherrif of the community is also a pastor.

3. A pastor loosly affiliated with the case had a death under curious circumstances occur in his church, apparently at his hand.

4. Numerous religious figures from the community have stepped forward to make comments to the media or the lead prayer services etc. (including the pastor mentioned above ^^^).

This is not a slam on anyone involved. For those of us who are "outsiders" we just want to try to understand the "culture" of the place.

Oh and the official Bobo/LE story? "That dog won't hunt". Yeah, I actually have spent some time in the south. :crazy:

I think it came up because:

1. The Bobo's "spokesperson" is a pastor, rather than a lawyer or PR person.

2. The sherrif of the community is also a pastor.

3. A pastor loosly affiliated with the case had a death under curious circumstances occur in his church, apparently at his hand.

4. Numerous religious figures from the community have stepped forward to make comments to the media or the lead prayer services etc. (including the pastor mentioned above ^^^).

This is not a slam on anyone involved. For those of us who are "outsiders" we just want to try to understand the "culture" of the place.

Oh and the official Bobo/LE story? "That dog won't hunt". Yeah, I actually have spent some time in the south. :crazy:

If you read my entire post, I did say other than the fact that they are involving a pastor, and that they seem to be highly involved with their church; those aspects are as relevant as anything else in this case, as far as we know. The story we've gotten makes it seem like Holly veered between school and church exclusively, therefore church members demand as much scrutiny as schoolmates, IMO (maybe more.) Believe me, I am a New Yorker and nothing is more unusual/unknown to me than the make-up of a small, religious Southern town...

If you read my entire post, I did say other than the fact that they are involving a pastor, and that they seem to be highly involved with their church; those aspects are as relevant as anything else in this case, as far as we know. The story we've gotten makes it seem like Holly veered between school and church exclusively, therefore church members demand as much scrutiny as schoolmates, IMO (maybe more.) Believe me, I am a New Yorker and nothing is more unusual/unknown to me than the make-up of a small, religious Southern town...

Why maybe more?

I am thinking the only thing different about it is the enviornment in the faith/religion and the small town in the South. I have been to NY churches and stayed with families there and their lives tend to revolve around work and faith activities. I also think that we Southerners value highly young women's reputations and sometimes when we are young we do not clue our parents or fellow church members of all our activities. I also spent my college years tending bar and yes...my fellow patrons tended to revolve around the bar and their work....I just think we choose our lives. We are probably not that different...oh yeah, but then there is the blooding after your first deer kill.:floorlaugh:

I agree that everyone within her enviornment should bear the same scrutiny. This young woman deserves every effort.

I don't know if I am allowed to link the facebook page about SAR. If so I will. I just found it...and it is a no nonsense account of everything set in a journal fashion. I have never seen a FB link before so I will not post it.

It can be found under Holly Bobo search & rescue information on FB.

I don't know if I am allowed to link the facebook page about SAR. If so I will. I just found it...and it is a no nonsense account of everything set in a journal fashion. I have never seen a FB link before so I will not post it.

It can be found under Holly Bobo search & rescue information on FB.
You can post the link to that FB page, but please don't copy and paste posts from it.

I read your post. The problem is, it's not just a pastor, singular, but multiple pastors who are involved within the community and with this case.

Bromley (the "spokesperson") isn't even the Bobo's current minister. That would be Don Franks. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

So we have (according to various MSM reports--and thus OK to list them I hope):

Kevin Bromley(family spokesperson and HBs former youth minister)
Don Franks (pastor at the Bobo's current church)
Don Wyatt (AKA Decatur Co. Sheriff)
Chris Warren (lead prayer services for HB and recently was involved in an accidental death in his own church)
Michael Crandall (pastor at Bear Creek Baptist where early HB searches were staged). His position is currently open online.

Any others?

And I totally agree about looking a church members more closely.

I read your post. The problem is, it's not just a pastor, singular, but multiple pastors who are involved within the community and with this case.

Bromley (the "spokesperson") isn't even the Bobo's current minister. That would be Don Franks. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

So we have (according to various MSM reports--and thus OK to list them I hope):

Kevin Bromley(family spokes person and HBs former youth minister)
Don Franks (pastor at the Bobo's current church)
Don Wyatt (AKA Decatur Co. Sheriff)
Chris Warren (lead prayer services for HB and?)
Michael Crandall (pastor at Bear Creek Baptist where early HB searches were staged). His position is currently open online.

Any others?

And I totally agree about looking a church members more closely.

There are almost too many of them....
Like BeanE always says "don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain" or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710