TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculating: Perhaps getting a SAR team would mean admitting Holly is dead and the Bobos won't go there yet. Could be one of the reasons they haven't.

On the other hand, if Holly was murdered, the longer they wait, the chances of finding her or getting justice for her will be slim to none.

Just speculating: Perhaps getting a SAR team would mean admitting Holly is dead and the Bobos won't go there yet. Could be one of the reasons they haven't.

On the other hand, if Holly was murdered, the longer they wait, the chances of finding her or getting justice for her will be slim to none.

Unfortunately I think the family may need to accept that reality. Fall is here. Snow is coming. They should be searching now.

Exactly how much are their living expenses? Their house is not of high value. I think Karen can retire from the State and collect most of her income. She may be on some sort of disability which in most states pays 3/4 of your income and not taxed. Dana is working. I don't get it. I don't know about the rest of you think or feel, but it looks like they have received an awful lot of money.

I agree in that I was jaw droopingly shocked that according to zillow we are talking mortgage note of $250.. I literally tapped on the number to blow it up to extra large size to make sure I was seeing the correct numbers and not missing a zero on the end..

I agree in that I was jaw droopingly shocked that according to zillow we are talking mortgage note of $250.. I literally tapped on the number to blow it up to extra large size to make sure I was seeing the correct numbers and not missing a zero on the end..

I bet the home is already paid off or almost paid off. Do we know what that place would have cost 25 yrs ago? I assume they have lived there all that time..I could be wrong.

I reserve my pity for those who pay mortgages over $3,000.00 if you could find one here ...:floorlaugh:

Unfortunately I think the family may need to accept that reality. Fall is here. Snow is coming. They should be searching now.

Tennessee doesn't get much snow to speak of and if they do its gone within hours.

IMO, the Bobos have a lot more information than we are privy to. For example, the blood being Holly's. We were told by Holly's dad through an interview. I'm not sure if he was even supposed to reveal that information.

I think they know if Holly's cellphone was recovered or not and I'm sure they know if and what other items were recovered. A PI can get phone records or computer records or whatever else they may require to do an in depth investigation.

But what the heck do I know. It sounds like some think it's a ridiculous idea. LOL

Given that Holly's dad disappeared from the interview after letting it slip about the blood, I've wondered what else they were concerned about him saying.

Given that Holly's dad disappeared from the interview after letting it slip about the blood, I've wondered what else they were concerned about him saying.

me too....

How many searches were done close to the Bobo Property line? Were cadaver dogs brought in? Out here we just found one in a spot where LE has already searched....the Amber Rescue Team found her....and the dog wasn't even certified to my kge. Amber's mother found her...her lab found the body and came running back all excited and led her to the body.

Imagine the mother of a missing child finding a missing person....Wow!

Couldn't they have taken the family dog or the retriever out there looking for Holly? I wonder if they did.

How many searches were done close to the Bobo Property line? Were cadaver dogs brought in? Out here we just found one in a spot where LE has already searched....the Amber Rescue Team found her....and the dog wasn't even certified to my kge. Amber's mother found her...her lab found the body and came running back all excited and led her to the body.

Couldn't they have taken the family dog or the retriever out there looking for Holly? I wonder if they did.

I bet they didn't. If they had done it soon after she disappeared the dog might have tracked her. My dog tracks me. I play hide and seek with her and I have my grandchildren do it to. She will look until she finds us. Someone told me to do that to train her to look for us. I hope I never have to find out if it works but she does sniff around and gets praised when she finds us.

Now I'm working with her on hiding her toys.

I don't think they have used dogs because the searches they did were to find her alive or find evidence. I think someone mentioned that not long ago. I would think they would be doing searches with canine units now but I don't think her family is willing to accept that she might be deceased. jmo

I don't think they have used dogs because the searches they did were to find her alive or find evidence. I think someone mentioned that not long ago. I would think they would be doing searches with canine units now but I don't think her family is willing to accept that she might be deceased. jmo

What does her father hope to find that would lead to Holly by looking in the woods and fields? If a school book, for example, is found, how does that lead to Holly? I think he is probably just searching to be doing something, but they really need to use cadaver dogs, by now, if they haven't. I can't imagine that they would want her to be out there, deceased, any longer than necessary, if she is, no matter how impossible it might be to accept that she could be dead.

That would be devastating. Bless her heart.

Ok, gotcha!! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't thought that the photo was a representation of the logging road but rather my trying to figure out exactly where the logging road(s) exist and run.. Thanks always for your much appreciated help:)

No worries, Smooth. I understand- and it certainly is a likely and good assumption given the satellite views.
However, there ARE other trails that cannot be well seen from the air- and some that cannot be seen at all unless on the ground.
My personal opinion is that CB was not referring to the 'road' around the body of water, but one that runs parallel behind the residence, and loops N with an outlet to Swan Johnson.
That route has several sort of 'offshoots' that go (for the most part) NW and W.
I don't like to say this, but I believe there is a decent chance Holly is somewhere in that direction. I very much hope I am wrong. :(

And slightly O/T- but the questions raised about why professional SAR has not been requested. (Not in reference to your post, Smooth- it comes up in a lot of cases) and I feel like it should be addressed.

First of all, we do not know that to be the case. Professional SAR teams deploy frequently without notifying the public.
Secondly, many families and friends of missing persons do not know such assistance is even available. WE all do, but not everyone is a WS guru. :)
Most of the time, people are going about their daily lives until all of a sudden- poof. Someone they love disappears. They haven't even thought about it as a possibility. It's a little bit like, say, going to the doctor because you have a stomachache and having them tell you that you have leiomyosarcoma. And being expected to know first of all what that is- and what to do about it. Kwim?
In addition to that, professional SAR IMO should not be 'soliciting' cases. So unless a family or local LE is knowledgeable of that resource...it often goes unused.

MOO, of course.

Sorry. I do not believe they are not aware of SAR teams. Furthermore, if a professional SAR team was involved in the case, no doubt the Jackson Sun would have reported.

To clarify, this is not what I would consider professional SAR team

Solidarity: The local community organized a search party after learning that Holly Bobo had been abducted

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-Holly-Bobos-lunchbox.html#ixzz1YmjRskDw

article-1377276-0BA4EED400000578-207_634x402.jpg

IMO, the Bobos have a lot more information than we are privy to. For example, the blood being Holly's. We were told by Holly's dad through an interview. I'm not sure if he was even supposed to reveal that information.

I think they know if Holly's cellphone was recovered or not and I'm sure they know if and what other items were recovered. A PI can get phone records or computer records or whatever else they may require to do an in depth investigation.

But what the heck do I know. It sounds like some think it's a ridiculous idea. LOL

HOW can a PI get phone and computer records, when LE has to have a warrant to get them? I guess if he's working for the family, the family could give him permission, but if he's working on his own, they likely would not hand them over.

I wouldn't call the idea ridiculous, exactly, as long as this PI is just looking for Holly. I dislike the idea of one thinking that they can solve the whole case, because that rarely happens in real life.

IMO, it's best to let LE handle the investigation, because it's all legal and aboveboard, and they have access to so many databases that a PI just would not have. Not to mention that it has to hold up in court, if it ever gets to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485