TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I think the key words in your post are "with LE approval". I think from the moment Holly disappeared, the Bobos have been speaking out almost exclusively only "with LE approval". Since I have little to no faith in LE in this particular case, I think the Bobos have allowed themselves to be put at a great disadvantage in terms of clearing up the facts surrounding what Clint did or did not see and what can be done now to locate Holly.
Awhile back there were people having this type of discussion here once the family started to speak to the media about 3 months after the abduction. IMO it is in the JVM interview (early august) where we get a glimpse of the disconnect in the case between LE and the Bobo's. If you think back to the initial reports of HB being dragged away, and then shortly after the TBI corrected this into the effect of HB being forcibly lead away from her home with no drag marks around the property. Once CB started talking to the media, JVM asked him about the lead away comments from LE and CB said that he saw HB casually walk away with her abductor, no leading or dragging or arm holding. JVM then asks KB if she has any information that LE has shared with her and at several different points in the interview, KB makes a point to mention that the TBI has told her it is a law that they do have to share any info and they have not told her anything. KB then says they have not cleared anybody that she is aware of, but the Bobo family and DS were never considered suspects. Then of course we have DB saying that LE told them weeks later that the blood found did belong to HB, and the only thing DB says after the blood comment was the local community has told them of some of the items found they believe could belong to HB. After that comment, the family spokesman assumes where DB was sitting and we do not hear from DB again. (I want to add that when DB is making his comment about the blood, it clearly sounds like somebody is trying very hard to make hushing sounds in the background. A hushing sound is unmistakable and came at a time that sensitive info was being shared.)
To get back to your original post, it does seem as if there is a conscious effort to keep control over the actions and words of the Bobo's. IMO it would make sense that LE has advised them of sensitive info that should not be shared, but is it possible that this family is also getting some type of pressure from their local religious affiliations? After all, the family spokesman(a Baptist pastor who is not the Bobo's pastor) has went to the media several times to talk about the case, but when asked a question he does not give any answers except, I don't know. The county sheriff ( he gave a few interviews in the first days after the abduction) is also a Baptist pastor. The TN Baptist newsletter has released quite a few articles about HB. I think it is safe to assume the local Baptist community has a vested interest in this case, not just the local LE. Oh wait, or is it the other way around?
(I am not trying to be offensive to any Baptists, it is JMO when religion and politics (Governor reward) get infused into a criminal investigation, usually everything becomes a hot mess.)

Whatever it is called, it was used to "house" :crazy: Holly's car.

And, that ain't a room inside of the house., where the people live.

I have a room that used to be a garage. It doesn't have a car in it.

Right. So home invasion can be ruled out imo. Whatever happened occurred outside the home.

Awhile back there were people having this type of discussion here once the family started to speak to the media about 3 months after the abduction. IMO it is in the JVM interview (early august) where we get a glimpse of the disconnect in the case between LE and the Bobo's. If you think back to the initial reports of HB being dragged away, and then shortly after the TBI corrected this into the effect of HB being forcibly lead away from her home with no drag marks around the property. Once CB started talking to the media, JVM asked him about the lead away comments from LE and CB said that he saw HB casually walk away with her abductor, no leading or dragging or arm holding. JVM then asks KB if she has any information that LE has shared with her and at several different points in the interview, KB makes a point to mention that the TBI has told her it is a law that they do have to share any info and they have not told her anything. KB then says they have not cleared anybody that she is aware of, but the Bobo family and DS were never considered suspects. Then of course we have DB saying that LE told them weeks later that the blood found did belong to HB, and the only thing DB says after the blood comment was the local community has told them of some of the items found they believe could belong to HB. After that comment, the family spokesman assumes where DB was sitting and we do not hear from DB again. (I want to add that when DB is making his comment about the blood, it clearly sounds like somebody is trying very hard to make hushing sounds in the background. A hushing sound is unmistakable and came at a time that sensitive info was being shared.)
To get back to your original post, it does seem as if there is a conscious effort to keep control over the actions and words of the Bobo's. IMO it would make sense that LE has advised them of sensitive info that should not be shared, but is it possible that this family is also getting some type of pressure from their local religious affiliations? After all, the family spokesman(a Baptist pastor who is not the Bobo's pastor) has went to the media several times to talk about the case, but when asked a question he does not give any answers except, I don't know. The county sheriff ( he gave a few interviews in the first days after the abduction) is also a Baptist pastor. The TN Baptist newsletter has released quite a few articles about HB. I think it is safe to assume the local Baptist community has a vested interest in this case, not just the local LE. Oh wait, or is it the other way around?
(I am not trying to be offensive to any Baptists, it is JMO when religion and politics (Governor reward) get infused into a criminal investigation, usually everything becomes a hot mess.)

Some believe that the dragging story changed after they found no dragging marks.

What I find interesting is Wyatt was so visibly emotionally upset at that first news conference and later in the Jackson Sun article it appears he had to defend his officers actions that morning after Clint and the Bobos criticized LE.

How does TC fit into all of this? Did they get a search warrant just to shut him up because many were complaining or was he really hindering the investigation or does he have information that may prove helpful to LE?

I am really curious to know the truth.

Whatever it is called, it was used to "house" :crazy: Holly's car.

And, that ain't a room inside of the house, where the people live.

I have a room converted from a garage. It doesn't have a car in it. Not even a convertible.

Now, I suppose, we will hear again that there is a window or a door attached.

The blood was found next to her car...not inside some interior room, like Woe.be.gone just emphasized.

You guys need to watch Clint's TV interview AND look at the photos of the house...

The garage has been closed off. its obvious to see in the photos of the house. You can see where the car doors WERE but they are closed off.

The carport is in the BACK of the house. its a bit hidden but visible in some aerial news shots.

Clint very clearly says the blood was IN THE GARAGE and that the GARAGE was part of the house. This is backed up by his seeing "silhouettes" implying it was dark or dim like a room with no lights on. At the time of Holly's abduction it was past sun up outside. Clint specifically says he went back into/through the garage and at the spot where he thought Holly and Drew were kneeling is where he found the blood. He says nothing about blood found next to Holly's car (which would be outside).

Here is the bulk of the JVM interview about the garage. I interpret Clint to be saying he is in one room of the house looking into the garage. This would be like in my house where in the hall by the front door there is a door to the garage. I can open that door and look (from the house) into the garage. Photos of the Bobo house show that you cant park cars in the garage and that there is a car port behind the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They were in the garage or outside the garage?

C. BOBO: They were inside the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok, now, ok, is the garage attached to the house or is it a separate, detached garage?

C. BOBO: It`s attached to the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It is attached to the house.

C. BOBO: Right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying you were able to call your mom before they left the garage and after you called your mom you see them walking towards the woods?

C. BOBO: Right. And I told my mom that once I realized it was Holly, I said well, Holly and Drew which is her boyfriend were out in the garage talking.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So where did you find the blood?

C. BOBO: It was in the garage, under where I saw the silhouette of them kneeled down in the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: When you saw them kneeling down did you think to ask them or approach them? How far away were you?

C. BOBO: No, I assumed -- I was inside the house and I assumed that that was Holly and her boyfriend Drew and he was dressed in full camouflage so I thought that Drew had been to the woods and killed a turkey and brought it back to the house and the two were sitting there over the turkey talking. After I saw the blood, I thought that was blood of a turkey that Drew had killed.

You guys need to watch Clint's TV interview AND look at the photos of the house...

The garage has been closed off. its obvious to see in the photos of the house. You can see where the car doors WERE but they are closed off.

The carport is in the BACK of the house. its a bit hidden but visible in some aerial news shots.

Clint very clearly says the blood was IN THE GARAGE and that the GARAGE was part of the house. This is backed up by his seeing "silhouettes" implying it was dark or dim like a room with no lights on. At the time of Holly's abduction it was past sun up outside. Clint specifically says he went back into/through the garage and at the spot where he thought Holly and Drew were kneeling is where he found the blood. He says nothing about blood found next to Holly's car (which would be outside).

We have no idea where Holly's car was parked. It could've been in the front driveway.

Here is the bulk of the JVM interview about the garage. I interpret Clint to be saying he is in one room of the house looking into the garage. This would be like in my house where in the hall by the front door there is a door to the garage. I can open that door and look (from the house) into the garage. Photos of the Bobo house show that you cant park cars in the garage and that there is a car port behind the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok, now, ok, is the garage attached to the house or is it a separate, detached garage?

C. BOBO: It`s attached to the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It is attached to the house.

C. BOBO: Right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying you were able to call your mom before they left the garage and after you called your mom you see them walking towards the woods?

C. BOBO: Right. And I told my mom that once I realized it was Holly, I said well, Holly and Drew which is her boyfriend were out in the garage talking.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So where did you find the blood?

C. BOBO: It was in the garage, under where I saw the silhouette of them kneeled down in the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: When you saw them kneeling down did you think to ask them or approach them? How far away were you?

C. BOBO: No, I assumed -- I was inside the house and I assumed that that was Holly and her boyfriend Drew and he was dressed in full camouflage so I thought that Drew had been to the woods and killed a turkey and brought it back to the house and the two were sitting there over the turkey talking. After I saw the blood, I thought that was blood of a turkey that Drew had killed.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you walk into the garage?

C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.

How would CB know that the person in the garage was in full camouflage if he only sees a silhouette? Also, I was thinking that KB was in full-blown panic when she spoke with CB on the phone, how did he have time to say "well, HB and DS are in the garage talking"? Things just get stranger and stranger!

I apologize for quoting myself.... but I wanted to post what i was able to find about the status on HB 1823 which Mr. Noatac mentions in the above post. MOO

LINK http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/billinfo/BillSummaryArchive.aspx?BillNumber=HB1823&ga=107
HB 1823 by *Lundberg. (*SB 0260 by *Ramsey.)
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation - As introduced, directs TBI to create policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations by January 1, 2012. - Amends TCA Title 38.

Fiscal Summary
Increase State Expenditures - $1,100/One-Time

Bill Summary
This bill defines "familial DNA search" as a search of the centralized system to cross-reference data
obtained from DNA analysis from a DNA profile taken from a crime scene for the purpose of determining if there is a biological relative of an individual for whom there is a DNA profile in the centralized system. This bill requires the TBI to establish a state policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations, which procedures must include appropriate safeguards to assure scientific accuracy and confidentiality during the
investigatory process.

I was only able to find this information on the TN gov website. Has anyone seen anything in the news papers if this passed?

My opinions only, no facts here:

I searched for days and days after the New Year, and cannot find a RECENT single mention of this important legislation. I worry about this. If it died in committee or whatever, I would expect to easily find this information. If someone on this blog is from Tennessee, maybe they could determine what the heck happened to this legislation.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I searched for days and days after the New Year, and cannot find a RECENT single mention of this important legislation. I worry about this. If it died in committee or whatever, I would expect to easily find this information. If someone on this blog is from Tennessee, maybe they could determine what the heck happened to this legislation.

I found this. Not sure if it passed or not. How long does it normally take to pass a bill?

====

HB 1823 by *Lundberg. (*SB 0260 by *Ramsey.)

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation - As introduced, directs TBI to create policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations by January 1, 2012. - Amends TCA Title 38.

Fiscal Summary

Increase State Expenditures - $1,100/One-Time

Bill Summary

This bill defines "familial DNA search" as a search of the centralized system to cross-reference data obtained from DNA analysis from a DNA profile taken from a crime scene for the purpose of determining if there is a biological relative of an individual for whom there is a DNA profile in the centralized system. This bill requires the TBI to establish a state policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations, which procedures must include appropriate safeguards to assure scientific accuracy and confidentiality during the investigatory process.

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/billinfo/BillSummaryArchive.aspx?BillNumber=HB1823&ga=107

ETA:

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=SB0260

I still can't forget Clint saying he thought it was Drew. Would like to see cell tower pings out there.

I still can't forget Clint saying he thought it was Drew. Would like to see cell tower pings out there.

Yes me too. Your post just reminded me about the calls he made to both Holly and Drew. Instead of going out to find out what was going on, he calls both on the cellphone. No answer. He got their voice mail.

Yes me too. Your post just reminded me about the calls he made to both Holly and Drew. Instead of going out to find out what was going on, he calls both on the cellphone. No answer. He got their voice mail.

I had forgotten that! When did he make those two calls? And was he inside or outside?

Ultimately exactly what he saw and where is moot at this point and the bigger question is why he did or didn't do certain things.

Pretty much everything that Clint did that morning, while not "wrong" is about the exact opposite of what even a 10-15 year old would do, let alone an adult. It just does not make sense.

How does one see into an attached garage from inside one's house?
CB claims the garage is attached to the house.
I've been under the impression that the garage was that carport that looks
to be in the back and to the right of the house if you're facing the front of the house with the circular drive in front of it.

If there is an attached garage it would be to the left of the front door.
How would CB be able to see into that garage from the inside of his house?

I think it would have helped tremendously for the media that visited the Bobo home and interviewed them to have shown this carport area and whether it is an open-sided carport, or closed on one or more sides, and whether there is a window or door with a window looking out onto it.

[ We know there is a door leading from the house to this carport because Clint says he came through it with the gun, but it is not clear if it is one of those doors with a window.]

But, I think the Bobos may not have wanted this if the viewers at home were aware of where the windows are, and his vantage point.
To realize how close or far away he was while watching what he claims happened. This might very well cause people to wonder why contact by a cellphone would be more expedient than opening a door and saying Hey, Drew, did you bag a turkey? If he thought that's who was there.

The calling Mom to see who was in the "garage" story seemed to change over time.

Also, I hadn't noted until recently that Mom called Clint in between the two 911 calls she said she made.

How many calls and initiated by whom were there between Mom and Clint.
And did Mom try to call Holly during this time, or just Clint?

I am not really clear on these points.

Karen told Clint it wasn't Drew because Drew was hunting on their grandma's property that morning. Some miles away from the Bobo home (can't remember exact distance off the top of my head). The reason she knew this was because of a flurry of phone calls from Drew and Holly over some misunderstanding concerning the person who was at the grandma's property. This person (who hasn't been mentioned in MSM) didn't recognize Drew when he arrived on the property to hunt turkeys. The flurry of phone calls took place between 7:00 and 7:40 before the neighbour heard the scream.

Clint says he spoke to Drew the night before regarding his upcoming hunting trip the next morning. Soooo, the place where Drew planned to hunt didn't come up? I find that strange.
Drew and his Dad had not made arrangements in advance with the Bobos to hunt Grandma's land?
It's hard to believe it was an unplanned idea to up and hunt there that morning. Was this the first time they had ever hunted this property?

I just can't believe it did not come up in conversation the night before.
What else is there to say when you tell someone you planned to go hunting except "where"?

Ultimately exactly what he saw and where is moot at this point and the bigger question is why he did or didn't do certain things.

Pretty much everything that Clint did that morning, while not "wrong" is about the exact opposite of what even a 10-15 year old would do, let alone an adult. It just does not make sense.

I disagree. As the only eye witness, what he saw and where is vital to the investigation. Changing or embellishing months later is cause for concern. Yes, perhaps his memory was fuzzy that morning and certain things only came to him later when he had time to realize the seriousness of the crime but to remember how many times the cellphone rang before going into voice mail? 5 times according to CB and also to blow off his reaction or lack thereof as trying to preserve the crime scene? Add to that a timeline that makes absolutely no sense.

IMO, if you take all of what's been released, not just one or two pieces of the puzzle, it is quite concerning. We were told we don't know the truth by Karen. No we don't and it sounds like we probably never will.

It could be that Drew was using property owned by Grandma but not lived on by her. So she wouldn't have been there to explain that he had permission.

As far as familial DNA being important, we don't know that it is, as far as I know. I think it was only brought up due to some new law being looked at this year in TN, something like that. Not even sure it would apply to cases that had already occurred anyway. JMO

I looked up this property once and it appeared to be sixty acres planted in soybeans.
Which I found rather confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member