TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever do a recreation of what happened? I swear one was going to happen at one point and I may have missed discussion of it here?

TC was the one who posted on his fb that he was going to recreate the crime scene. Well......we know what happened to him so it's safe to say none took place or ever will by TC.

I think she may have, but she also told him it was urgent that he go look for his sister because it was not Clint she was with. So it seems that she tried to tell him to go and help her quickly. He took a loaded gun with him, but did not go after her.

No he didn't nor did he call 911. He was convinced it was Drew.

BTW...just as a FYI.....the loaded gun revelation was posted months later in a Jackson Sun article sometime in October. Until then, the Bobos never mentioned a gun in any of the interviews.

How does one see into an attached garage from inside one's house?
CB claims the garage is attached to the house.
I've been under the impression that the garage was that carport that looks
to be in the back and to the right of the house if you're facing the front of the house with the circular drive in front of it.

If there is an attached garage it would be to the left of the front door.
How would CB be able to see into that garage from the inside of his house?

Well my house has an attached garage and there is a door into the garage from actually just inside the front door of the house. In the Bobo house it seems the garage has been walled in (no sliding doors for cars as you can obviously see in photos) but I am sure inside there is a door or even cut out.

All we know is that Clint said he saw silhouettes in the garage, which implies that it is dark. He says he looked into the garage. I assume through the doorway. Clint further said the blood was in the garage (which he did say was attached to the house) so the blood was not out in the yard somewhere.

Not to be snarky, but didn't his mom tell him to? (get the gun, I mean.)

Yes his mom told him to get the gun and go outside, which he did do, but he stopped to talk to the neighbor who was just coming over (after hearing the screams and calling 911). At that point Clint apparently decided that preserving the crime scene was better than going to look for his sister who he had just seen walk off into the woods... :banghead:

I brought this over from thread #30 post 285 it is by Mr. Noatac. It is the last paragraph only from post 285.
It has occurred to me that the police may have recovered skin cell DNA from the "significant items" that were found, but cannot get a match from those whom they have tested. It has also occurred to me that the police may be waiting to see if the bill to allow familial DNA in Tennessee passes and becomes law on Jan. 1, 2012. This is a big deal. With familial DNA, even if you cannot get a direct match, you may discover a near-match from a relative who has previously committed a serious crime. You can then go and monitor or question family members, to identify other black sheep relatives. This is a VERY POWERFUL investigative tool.​
If Mr. Noatac still reads this forum perhaps he could update us on this law. I hope Mr. Noatac does
not mind me reposting it.

I apologize for quoting myself.... but I wanted to post what i was able to find about the status on HB 1823 which Mr. Noatac mentions in the above post. MOO

LINK http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/billinfo/BillSummaryArchive.aspx?BillNumber=HB1823&ga=107
HB 1823 by *Lundberg. (*SB 0260 by *Ramsey.)
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation - As introduced, directs TBI to create policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations by January 1, 2012. - Amends TCA Title 38.

Fiscal Summary
Increase State Expenditures - $1,100/One-Time

Bill Summary
This bill defines "familial DNA search" as a search of the centralized system to cross-reference data
obtained from DNA analysis from a DNA profile taken from a crime scene for the purpose of determining if there is a biological relative of an individual for whom there is a DNA profile in the centralized system. This bill requires the TBI to establish a state policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations, which procedures must include appropriate safeguards to assure scientific accuracy and confidentiality during the
investigatory process.

I was only able to find this information on the TN gov website. Has anyone seen anything in the news papers if this passed?

Yes his mom told him to get the gun and go outside, which he did do, but he stopped to talk to the neighbor who was just coming over (after hearing the screams and calling 911). At that point Clint apparently decided that preserving the crime scene was better than going to look for his sister who he had just seen walk off into the woods... :banghead:

BBM I'm sorry but... WHO DOES THAT!!??? :banghead:

Let me see if I got this correctly. clint looks out and sees his sister and her BF (or so he thinks) together, thinks the BF shot a turkey, and doesn't utter one word to either of them.
I used to be an avid fly fisherman and if I saw my best friend and thought he'd been fishing, you can bet I'd want to see the catch of the day, and I'd at least give a shout to say hello or something.
As another poster previously stated, it all keeps coming back to CB, and that's about all we know. Why hasn't the mother come foreward to say how she knew HB was not with her BF and was in danger? She was obviously worried or she would not have told CB to go get a loaded pistol and she wouldn't have rushed home. somethings just don't add up no matter how you cut the cake.

Let me see if I got this correctly. clint looks out and sees his sister and her BF (or so he thinks) together, thinks the BF shot a turkey, and doesn't utter one word to either of them.
I used to be an avid fly fisherman and if I saw my best friend and thought he'd been fishing, you can bet I'd want to see the catch of the day, and I'd at least give a shout to say hello or something.
As another poster previously stated, it all keeps coming back to CB, and that's about all we know. Why hasn't the mother come foreward to say how she knew HB was not with her BF and was in danger? She was obviously worried or she would not have told CB to go get a loaded pistol and she wouldn't have rushed home. somethings just don't add up no matter how you cut the cake.

Karen told Clint it wasn't Drew because Drew was hunting on their grandma's property that morning. Some miles away from the Bobo home (can't remember exact distance off the top of my head). The reason she knew this was because of a flurry of phone calls from Drew and Holly over some misunderstanding concerning the person who was at the grandma's property. This person (who hasn't been mentioned in MSM) didn't recognize Drew when he arrived on the property to hunt turkeys. The flurry of phone calls took place between 7:00 and 7:40 before the neighbour heard the scream.

This is the thread where the Jackson Sun Article was discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149561&page=35

Unfortunately, the article is not available for FREE anymore. It's archived and if anyone wants it, there is a fee.

Try googling this phrase:

"A lot of mornings before I leave, I'll ask her if she needs any money to buy gas," Dana said. "It is about 5:30 I guess, when I usually leave to go to work, and I talked to her through the door. She said leave her some money, and I left the money on the bar at 5:30 or 25 until 6, and that was the last I talked to her."

One of the first page hits will lead you to the entire article.

In my humble opinion, it IS a tragedy simply to be kidnapped, regardless of the outcome. Furthermore, the circumstances being what they are.....would definitely make me think a good outcome was unlikely. Just my two cents.

I've been thinking about this and I agree that the term 'tragedy' is used whenever something bad happens that changes a life under unnatural circumstances. That said, it was something about the way Bromley said it in the clip, in the midst of and not knowing the outcome of the situation yet, that caught my attention.

When I listened again today I put it in the context that Bromley is responding to a question about CB being questioned as having something to do with the disappearance of his sister. I guess Bromley is saying that questioning the brother doesn't help the family when they're having a hard enough time dealing with the tragedy of Holly's abduction. If the brother had anything to do with it that would be a tragedy on top of tragedy. HB was taken on April 13 and I believe Bromley was speaking on April 19 so enough time had elapsed for him to conclude they were ultimately dealing with a tragic situation.

It appeared that people were still holding out hope and thinking 'I hope this situation doesn't end in tragedy' but that would be hard to sustain, even after a few days, knowing what we know about these types of crimes.

Today I would say that whatever happened to HB to end her short life and take her away from her family (either/or or both) is tragic.
The saying 'where there's life there's hope' is true. How do you hold onto that when you're not even sure there is life?
Terrible - hell on earth. I hope they catch whoever did this to HB.

Well my house has an attached garage and there is a door into the garage from actually just inside the front door of the house. In the Bobo house it seems the garage has been walled in (no sliding doors for cars as you can obviously see in photos) but I am sure inside there is a door or even cut out.

All we know is that Clint said he saw silhouettes in the garage, which implies that it is dark. He says he looked into the garage. I assume through the doorway. Clint further said the blood was in the garage (which he did say was attached to the house) so the blood was not out in the yard somewhere.

The carport out back was never a part of the story/evidence?
If it's an enclosed garage, attached to the house, that's not used to garage cars, then how was blood found near the door of Holly's car?

I'm totally confused. At the beginning I remember CB claiming he heard the dog bark and looked out the window and saw Holly being dragged toward the woods. It seemed we were always talking about the carport location where her car would have been parked under a roof.

Could this be another big coverup? Did someone accidently shoot Holly with their hunting gun?

This makes absolutely no sense. I'm not saying this to Carla, I'm saying this about this version of how things would happen in real life.
Now we hear that a neighbor stops by, before we heard it was the woman neighbor who called the mom. Now we hear that her son lives in a trailer on his mother's property and that he physically shows up on the Bobo's property.
Both could be true - that the lady called the mom and that the son came over but wouldn't CB be frantically running into the woods calling after his sister? Wouldn't the male neighbor be following him?

How much time is passing between all of these exchanges and why is Holly's mom already said to be frantic at her workplace yet CB is seemingly as calm as a cucumber? I don't mean this to be mean or insulting, but is CB dense in some way? If so, that should not be a huge secret as, if he is, he can't help it. It sure would explain a lot. Afterall, he's a 25 year old male - we call a person that age a man. :waitasec:

Karen told Clint it wasn't Drew because Drew was hunting on their grandma's property that morning. Some miles away from the Bobo home (can't remember exact distance off the top of my head). The reason she knew this was because of a flurry of phone calls from Drew and Holly over some misunderstanding concerning the person who was at the grandma's property. This person (who hasn't been mentioned in MSM) didn't recognize Drew when he arrived on the property to hunt turkeys. The flurry of phone calls took place between 7:00 and 7:40 before the neighbour heard the scream.

What? An unnamed person who has the authority to be on Grandma's property questioned Drew as to why he was on Grandma's property?

So Drew calls Holly and KB to explain to the unnamed person why he's allowed to be on the property? Where is Grandma? I thought SHE was the one who had given Drew and his father permission to hunt on her property. Whoever the unnamed person is, why didn't he go up to the house and ask Grandma if she knew the hunters were there?

If Drew was approached on the property, after he thought he had permission to hunt there, I can see him calling Holly to tell her and then Holly calling her mom to inform her that Drew was being questioned about being there. Who is the person who approached Drew (KB's brother maybe?). It would have to be someone who had access to Grandma's property too. Where was Grandma that morning? Also, once Drew told _____ who he was and why he was there, why wouldn't that have been enough? Had they met before? Why would Drew call Holly and tell her about this encounter when he only had a short time to hunt? I could understand him bringing it up later - you know - but had a problem ensued in regard to Drew hunting there?

Did that person come over to Holly's house and abduct her? Who is that person? A nutty uncle, cousin? Could that explain the familial DNA issue being of importance? Because, if it were about CB, it wouldn't be a stretch for his DNA to show up on any object belonging to Holly considering he lived in the same house as Holly.

It could be that Drew was using property owned by Grandma but not lived on by her. So she wouldn't have been there to explain that he had permission.

As far as familial DNA being important, we don't know that it is, as far as I know. I think it was only brought up due to some new law being looked at this year in TN, something like that. Not even sure it would apply to cases that had already occurred anyway. JMO

This is for people new to the thread. A heads up so to speak..some of what is discussed "reported events" has changed over the course of months HB has been missing.

My first red highlighted quote is Decator County Sheriff Wyett the second is TBI Special Agent John Mehr. TBI agent Mehr emphasizes in response to the criticism that people's memory of events may have changed but it does not change the official written records of what first responders saw and what they were told.

http://m.jacksonsun.com/news/article...10130314&f=645
The above link is from Oct 13,2011. I do not think is available to view at the website. I think it is archived and a fee is
charged to view it.

Here are some snippets-(please read this is edited not the entire article published)

Holly Bobo's family questions early handling of investigation
The Bobo family said they are concerned as to why an immediate, comprehensive search was not done of the woods where Holly, then 20, was taken and that they believe a large portion of people who came onto the property that morning were a hindrance to the investigation. Other neighbors and searchers say a lack of organization seemed to complicate the investigation. Law enforcement officials deny this, despite multiple people describing what one searcher called "a mess."

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said as soon as deputies arrived, they took a statement from Clint and began searching where Holly was last seen. No one caused a hindrance to the investigation, he said.

"After we received the call, three officers arrived on the scene," Wyatt said. "And as soon as they got the information, they went into the woods and searched."

Wyatt said the deputies came back out to maintain the crime scene and that
people who had come onto the property were pushed to the front yard.

Most of Decatur County's deputies were at the Bobo home. The department has a total of 12 deputies.

"A lot of people stuck their nose in law enforcement business that day, and too many people showed up there at one time," Wyatt said. "We were trying to keep people away as best as we could, but when you have a few hundred people showing up, it is hard to do."

Wyatt said the deputies had a hard time keeping people from going into the backyard, but that no one walked around the area where Holly was last seen.

"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said. "So I was trying to preserve the crime scene and keep it from being disrupted because I knew the only thing we might have would be footprints, and I knew if someone stepped on them, then that's ruined.

"After I had stopped Mom and a few people and said, 'Don't walk up the trail and in the woods,' people started walking up there, so I just sat down in the car and continued writing my statement out," he said. "I wasn't going to be able to stop everyone who was coming up here from walking where they had been."

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said the information his agents recorded that morning did not lead him to believe people coming into the yard hindered the investigation.

"I don't believe that was the case," Mehr said. "We have to believe what was told to us by the initial responders, and the other thing is that we have a written record of what we saw and what we were told that morning. Other people may try to remember what happened or what they said, but we have a record of it. And I have no doubt the initial responders told us the truth."

Mehr said that any time a crowd forms it can cause a problem, but people were contained in the front yard and stayed by the road until they were later told to leave. He said a list was compiled of everyone who was in the back yard.

Wyatt said deputies did not want to enter the area or allow others to do so for fear that they would impair some evidence that might be found and because they were waiting on a search dog and trying to gather information leading them to go a certain direction.

There are two types of search dogs. A hot-trail dog is good for a trail that is about 15 minutes old. A cold-trail dog can pick up a scent over a longer period of time.

Although officials arrived quickly following the abduction, it was not determined that a dog would be needed until 15 minutes or more had passed from the time Holly was last seen. Dogs were brought in by the Highway Patro.

Clint said the man he saw go into the woods with Holly was between 5 feet 8
inches and 6 feet tall and weighed about 200 pounds. Officials have said they think Holly's abductor was familiar with Decatur County, and that he had come from the woods.
The roads surrounding the woods by the Bobo home are Swan Johnson Road, 5 Forks Road, Myracle Town Road and connecting roads.

*Mehr said it is the policy of the TBI not to release information about an investigation until it has been solved. He also said no one is cleared as a suspect until the case is solved.

Investigators have said that whoever abducted Holly was in the area dressed in camouflage before 7:40 a.m. and left the woods after 7:55. Anyone driving on those roads early that morning around those times could be a suspect, authorities have said.

IMO, (and some of this is admittedly based on things I read online, not on WS) LE believes that she is deceased and is buried on private land nearby which they do not have access. I believe that they have questioned locals who have refused to allow LE to search their land. At this point, if her kidnapper was a local, and the person hid her on his land, LE has little need for searchers (though maybe they'd be able to spot something overhead if they used a helicopter to search. My understanding is that it's expensive though.)

I apologize in advance because I am WAY behind here.

All they need is probable cause to get a search warrant and then they could search this person's property with or without the owner's approval. It's done all the time. It needs to be something specific and significant, of course... like a witness who saw or heard something, but it can be done.

Carla, you can interpret it the way you want. This is what he said.

C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.

I think the garage he refers to is what I consider a carport. Yes, I realize we had this discussion wayyyyyy back but some are new to this case and/or may have missed some of the info.

reference to discussion. I pointed out on this thread what I consider a carport versus a garage

TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26 - Page 33 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I agree with you, n/t. It is technically a carport attached to the house, and he calls it a garage. What USED to be a garage is now enclosed in the house. Pretty simple, IMO.

I agree with you, n/t. It is technically a carport attached to the house, and he calls it a garage. What USED to be a garage is now enclosed in the house. Pretty simple, IMO.

Whatever it is called, it was used to "house" :crazy: Holly's car.

And, that ain't a room inside of the house, where the people live.

I have a room converted from a garage. It doesn't have a car in it. Not even a convertible.

Now, I suppose, we will hear again that there is a window or a door attached.

The blood was found next to her car...not inside some interior room, like Woe.be.gone just emphasized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC