TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey hunting season starts the first week of April in TN, so it was not the starting date.
I took a quick look for a website to confirm, couldn't find it, but I am 99.99% sure of this.

Thanks, and actually, that it would be second week of the season or so, perhaps even better for a since there might be less people in the woods, yet it he would still fit in as someone hunting!

The blood found was said to be a small amount not indicative of a lethal injury. And, there would not be much time to get rid of a body even if this were the case (am 1000% sure its not). Since there were screams heard by a neighbor, 911 calls made not by the family, etc. It would be hard to kill someone, totally drag the body off and hide it in such a short time without leaving more evidence. And, we do have Clint saying he saw them walking away. Seemingly the FBI believes this.

First things first: A fatal injury does not always produce a lot of blood (neck breaking, blow to the temple, a hit in the nose just so, strangling, etc.). There could have been a scuffle which produced a little bit of blood, then a fatal strike was committed that produced no blood.

Second: AFAIK there was a scream (singular) heard by the neighbor, not screams. If I am wrong about this, please direct me to the correct source/link. I want to understand correctly. And I am not sure why you stated that a 911 call made by a non family member has anything to do with whether Holly was killed on her property or not?

Third: Who said anything about dragging a body off? I believe her body could have been stashed (maybe in the trunk of a car?) and removed later along with her belongings.

Fourth: The theory I have laid out about Holly being killed on her property is one that suspects Clint’s story as being incorrect.

Fifth: Whether the FBI believes what has been told or not, I don’t know. But are you saying the FBI has never believed a lie before this crime?

Also, I don’t know how you can be 1000% sure about anything in this case. More power to ya!

jmo

First things first: A fatal injury does not always produce a lot of blood (neck breaking, blow to the temple, a hit in the nose just so, strangling, etc.). There could have been a scuffle which produced a little bit of blood, then a fatal strike was committed that produced no blood.

Second: AFAIK there was a scream (singular) heard by the neighbor, not screams. If I am wrong about this, please direct me to the correct source/link. I want to understand correctly. And I am not sure why you stated that a 911 call made by a non family member has anything to do with whether Holly was killed on her property or not?

Third: Who said anything about dragging a body off? I believe her body could have been stashed (maybe in the trunk of a car?) and removed later along with her belongings.

Fourth: The theory I have laid out about Holly being killed on her property is one that suspects Clint’s story as being incorrect.

Fifth: Whether the FBI believes what has been told or not, I don’t know. But are you saying the FBI has never believed a lie before this crime?

Also, I don’t know how you can be 1000% sure about anything in this case. More power to ya!

jmo

Well Holly was moving pretty good if she was strangled or had a broken neck, since she was seen in the garage and back yard. LE also said they had found the location that they had entered the woods (so I assume there were foot prints or some other evidence that they had gone in that direction).

IIRC it was screams not scream but it really doesn't matter... the neighbor heard it. As mentioned before there is a video (link posted here wayyy back) interview with the neighbor about it.

The 911 call by the neighbor starts the clock by which LE would arrive at the Bobo house. Its very important (maybe not to you but to me). Assuming (big assumption) that Holly was killed on the spot at 8:30-8:40 how would someone know the cops were coming? Would they/could they hide the body in a short time? What about possible evidence found that Holly and the susupect had left the property?

It was LE that said the blood found was not a lethal amount.

LE was camped out at the house for some time so I am not sure the family had the body stashed in a car trunk there, etc. But then I do not believe this scenario at all. Its unlikely with LEs presence at the house there that someone would take the family car out to leave clues scattered around town.

Although Clint's story is vague, it has seemingly held up to inspection by local LE, the TBI and FBI. I am sure they get duped sometimes but look at how fast more bogus stories unravel. Take the Runaway Bride for example... If the FBI, TBI etc still consider this active and still consider this an abduction then I assume it is an abduction.

I can be sure of things that I know not to be true or that (to me) seem to be totally absurd and made up

Well Holly was moving pretty good if she was strangled or had a broken neck, since she was seen in the garage and back yard. LE also said they had found the location that they had entered the woods (so I assume there were foot prints or some other evidence that they had gone in that direction).

IIRC it was screams not scream but it really doesn't matter... the neighbor heard it. As mentioned before there is a video (link posted here wayyy back) interview with the neighbor about it.

The 911 call by the neighbor starts the clock by which LE would arrive at the Bobo house. Its very important (maybe not to you but to me). Assuming (big assumption) that Holly was killed on the spot at 8:30-8:40 how would someone know the cops were coming? Would they/could they hide the body in a short time? What about possible evidence found that Holly and the susupect had left the property?

It was LE that said the blood found was not a lethal amount.

LE was camped out at the house for some time so I am not sure the family had the body stashed in a car trunk there, etc. But then I do not believe this scenario at all. Its unlikely with LEs presence at the house there that someone would take the family car out to leave clues scattered around town.

Although Clint's story is vague, it has seemingly held up to inspection by local LE, the TBI and FBI. I am sure they get duped sometimes but look at how fast more bogus stories unravel. Take the Runaway Bride for example... If the FBI, TBI etc still consider this active and still consider this an abduction then I assume it is an abduction.

I can be sure of things that I know not to be true or that (to me) seem to be totally absurd and made up

BBM – You are making assumptions as well. Aren’t we all, so we can fill in the blanks of our own THEORIES?

One scream versus multiple screams does matter. If there was more than one scream it could possibly show that Holly put up more of a fight. One scream shows that her voice could have been cut short (killed). Either way this supports my theory that Holly did not walk off the property. If Holly was screaming, this means she was resisting and would not have “walked” off the property with the perp, she would have run away from him, screaming for her life, IMO.

If LE was camped out at the house, it doesn’t mean someone at the Bobo home didn’t leave in a vehicle to go anywhere, like searching, etc. The Bobo’s weren’t under house arrest.

IMO Clint’s story is more than vague, it has holes in it, and it has never been told in its entirety to the public.

Your assumptions versus my assumptions are only differences in opinion.

What I find absurd is someone believing that their assumptions are the only ones that fit. Open mindedness solves crimes, closed mindedness misses the nuances.

jmo

<snipped>

Foremost,I respect your analysis of the events leading to Holly's disappearance. It would be so boring if we could not bring our unique critical thinking skills to this thread.

You concede that Clint's story is vague. Then you say,Clint's story has held
up,albeit (seemingly),not to intense scrutiny or fact checking. If i misspeak
please correct me.

Clint tells a long tedious recital of events the morning of Holly's disappearance. The narrative is a work in progress. I believe in giving Clint,the benefit of the doubt in his recollection of the stressful events of that morning. But,my suspicions are peaked by his self serving reinvention of the facts that leave more questions than answers. To what purpose,I do not
know. But,I will go on record that what Clint has retold is a fictionalization of
the events of the morning of Holly's disappearance. I further suspect it is
collaborative effort ...that renewed revisions attempt to keep a kernel of the truth but are both vague and maintain his distance from the events.MOO

What I mean is that, over a year later, all local, state and federal LE agencies believe Clint's story.

And, to be fair to Clint, we have not seen him tell HIS whole story, start to finish, uninterrupted. We get various interpretations by John Walsh, etc. mixed in with actual statements by Clint, the local sheriff, TV reporters etc.

I just don't buy that this is a covered up runaway, or more mysteriously a spur of the moment murder where somehow the killer took the body away (with seemingly no prior planning). That just doesn't make sense. Lots of people are abducted and then killed, but I can't think of many where the victim would be killed, then carried off.

Clint tells a long tedious recital of events the morning of Holly's disappearance. The narrative is a work in progress. I believe in giving Clint,the benefit of the doubt in his recollection of the stressful events of that morning. But,my suspicions are peaked by his self serving reinvention of the facts that leave more questions than answers. To what purpose,I do not
know. But,I will go on record that what Clint has retold is a fictionalization of
the events of the morning of Holly's disappearance. I further suspect it is
collaborative effort ...that renewed revisions attempt to keep a kernel of the truth but are both vague and maintain his distance from the events.MOO

I would not be surprised that the family has been told not to say certain things, for a variety of reasons. This happens in a lot of cases. Or, he really didn't see a whole lot, did a lot of convoluted things that morning, and this choppy story (that we have not heard start to finish, direct from the horses mouth) is all we have. I think there is more to it, but what? I don't know. I do think the earlier reports of a home invasion type crime are probably accurate. But why the change? I doubt the family changed the type of crime and the details provided.

What I mean is that, over a year later, all local, state and federal LE agencies believe Clint's story.

And, to be fair to Clint, we have not seen him tell HIS whole story, start to finish, uninterrupted. We get various interpretations by John Walsh, etc. mixed in with actual statements by Clint, the local sheriff, TV reporters etc.

I just don't buy that this is a covered up runaway, or more mysteriously a spur of the moment murder where somehow the killer took the body away (with seemingly no prior planning). That just doesn't make sense. Lots of people are abducted and then killed, but I can't think of many where the victim would be killed, then carried off.

BBM - Either does Clint's accounting of events. That's why there are mulitple theories surrounding this case, including my own (I have a few, not just one). But one person's theory leads to another, and before you know it, aha we may agree on something that neither one of us acknowledged before hashing it out. By playing out theories, we may stumble onto what really happened.

Once again, my theory never stated the body was carried off. "Stashed" is what my theory claims, then removed later along with the belongings.

jmo

Thinking about CB being under stress as was posted. He really wasn't under stress until he spoke with KB. Does anyone think that maybe his initial impression of the situation before he spoke with KB might be the correct one? Maybe the sense of panic she exhibited on the phone, skewed his account of events. Probably grabbing at straws!

I think Clint's story "evolved" due to the reaction from the public about his lack of...doing anything at the time. I don't think it is sinister, just self-protective. JMO

I think Clint's story "evolved" due to the reaction from the public about his lack of...doing anything at the time. I don't think it is sinister, just self-protective. JMO
Good point - agree. Clint had no way to know ahead of time that his actions that morning would be scrutinized so and it's been my impression he wasn't prepared for whatever reason to deal with the situation unfolding before his eyes.

I would not be surprised that the family has been told not to say certain things, for a variety of reasons. This happens in a lot of cases. Or, he really didn't see a whole lot, did a lot of convoluted things that morning, and this choppy story (that we have not heard start to finish, direct from the horses mouth) is all we have. I think there is more to it, but what? I don't know. I do think the earlier reports of a home invasion type crime are probably accurate. But why the change? I doubt the family changed the type of crime and the details provided.

The following is my opinion only.

In interviews and when the media are invited to see and hear about events of that morning...it is scripted and the lone eye witness is kept on a short leash. LE in this case also seem to be on a short leash. For all intents only Karen seems to have a good understanding of the timeline.Karen has all the answers. All events turn on her narration heck ..I haven't figured out why our eye witness even bothers to show up....he adds nothing but confusion to the re-telling of the morning's tragic events. I have no idea what happened that morning. All I do know is Holly was abducted and we are not any closer now than over a year ago. MOO

...yeah, we're missing some facts. I don't like to speculate when we have nothing. My gut keeps telling me Clint observed the crime happening from someplace other than inside the house.

Why would a stranger approach her at the house? There had to be at least two cars parked there if Clint was at the house. Even the craziest of perps would have to think x2 about that. So if Clint's car was there, who would walk right up to the carport and harm her?

She dropped the coke can and bled, yet managed to carry her books and bag to the perp's car? Do I believe it happened like that? nope.

Why would Clint think it was ok if it was Drew who was leading her into the woods @ 7:45am? Do I believe that? nope.

.....Why would Clint lie? It would have to be he is covering for somebody...imo.

I wish I knew more about the state of the evidence recovered away from her home.

For instance: If her school notebook papers were found, found intact or
or found crumpled up individually and wadded up & strewn about.

I wish I knew more about the state of the evidence recovered away from her home.

For instance: If her school notebook papers were found, found intact or
or found crumpled up individually and wadded up & strewn about.

Rumor had it that her books and papers were thrown out near her school where she goes daily.

The one thing that didn't "evolve" was his belief it was Drew. Well, except for the recent AMW segment where it was changed to cousin for whatever reason but until then it was always Drew in his mind. That is one piece of evidence that remained consistent in his story, imo.

Rumor had it that her books and papers were thrown out near her school where she goes daily.

One would think something like that should be confirmed or denied by LE shouldn't it? They said her lunch bag was found and where it was found so why wouldn't they tell the public about her books and papers......and her cellphone?:waitasec:

Whew!

The problem as I see it is that some are prone to take certain aspects and make up a whole new theory, adding suppositions and speculations as they go to make the facts fit their theory. That's when it starts to get complicated. I prefer the K.I.S.S. method myself. When you have to invent things just to explain points in your theory, it just simply doesn't work.

I don't know why it wouldn't be just as simple and easy to believe that Holly was kidnapped by some guy she may or may not have been acquainted with. Either they stalked her, or just followed her home and waited for their chance. All these theories of her running away for whatever reason, or a community-wide coverup involving not only the sheriff's dept. but TBI is just mind-boggling. It's even possible that her boyfriend was the perp, but I think LE would have figured that out by now.

I don't buy that she ran away for any reason. I don't buy that LE are crooked and covering up for some big-shot in the community. I don't buy that the sheriff/pastor had any involvement, either in the actual kidnapping or the coverup. There is simply no evidence to point to any of those scenarios. And being from the South myself I highly resent the implication that we are all crooked as snakes and so stupid we couldn't pour pee out of a boot with the directions on the heel. There are good and bad in ANY profession, and I would bet my boots that this is true in all 50 states. Not to mention the thousands of missing persons cases all over the country that have never been solved.
I don't mind reading and considering other theories but a decent theory should be supported by facts, not speculations.

Rumor had it that her books and papers were thrown out
near her school where she goes daily.
I wonder if the rumors say if the papers were scattered loose as if just
thrown out in haste or if they were individually crumpled and tossed?

I also wonder if those papers from any sort of spiral notebook were
torn loose from the book or if the whole notebook was tossed as a
unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads